Chapter 2: Trying to remember

Unexpected feeling.

Su Hyun’s Pov

I ran to my long time best friend. “EUN JI- AH! Boggoshipeo!” I hugged her so tight, and so did she. After 12 years, I didn’t see her!

“I miss you too Su Hyun- ah! Yah! Neo jeongmal yeppeuda!” She said letting me go.

“Jinjja? You too! Wow! That’s why my cousin loves you so much!” I said while holding her hand.

“OKAY! Could you stop already? I’m still here?! How can you not greet me jagiiiii! I’m sad!” He faked cry. I can’t believe he’s like that when he’s in front of Eunji

“Arasso! Good morning jagii!” She kissed his cheeks. I blushed. Weird right? I’m quite jealous. I want someone like cousin too, that I could be sweet to. I sighed. I suddenly remembered my childhood friend, well, you could say childhood sweetheart. Since three, we always play together. I met him before Eunji.  Before I left for Japan, he told me that, not to have any relationship, because he doesn’t want anyone occupying my heart, only him. After that, I met many guys, completely forgetting his name, but my promise, I never forgot it. I never accepted other hearts. Once again I sighed.

“Are you alright cous? I don’t look well.” Hyun Seung said while his hand was on my forehead. I removed it.

“Gwenchana. I just remembered something. Should I go? Because maybe I’m disturbing you guys.” I weakly said.

“Ani. It’s okay Su Hyun-ah. Besides I don’t want my cousin to get lost right?” I was quite surprise at what he said. I touched his forehead, and checked his temperature, “surely you don’t have fever. What happened to your attitude?” I joked.

“YAH! At least I’m swe--” “Anyway Su Hyun-ah. It’s okay to hang with us. Come on we have 1 hour more, and there are still few people. Come and sit first. You will be lost here.” She tapped the space beside her. I sat on the front stair of the school. You could say that its entrance of the school.

                We talked for hours. Then a van stopped in front of us. A fierce, yet handsome, familiar guy stepped out. “Who is that?” I asked Eunji- ah.

“Yoon Doo Joon. Friend of oppa. Look how close they are.” She said in a whisper. I looked at him. He and Hyun Seung oppa are greeting each other. His face and his name are familiar, as if I have seen and heard him before. “Annyeong Doo Joon oppa!” Eunji said, standing up. She hugged him. I stood up.

“Uhhh, Doo Joon, meet Han Su Hyun, Su Hyun-ah, meet Doo Joon.” Hyun Seung oppa said, nervously. I bowed and smiled at him. “Annyeonghaseyo, Jeireumeun, Han Su Hyun imnida.”

“A-annyeong H-han Su Hyun. I’m Doo Joon. You could call me oppa.”

“Waeyo? We only met today, or have we met already?” I was so confused.

“A-ani. Since you are the favorite cousin of Hyun Seung , and your best friend is Eunji-ah that means, we could be close” He smiled. That smile, I really think we met before.

“Jogiyo, but have we met before?” I grabbed his arm before he left. He looked at me. Shocked. I let go of his arm. “Mianheyo, Doo Joon-ssi. I didn’t mean to grab your arm.” I avoided his look. I sat down beside Eunji again. He kneels down, and went closer, “What do you think? Have we met?” Then he smiled. I looked at him confusingly, how could there be a guy answers a girl’s question, with a question. Before I could respond, Hyun Seung tapped Doo Joon’s shoulder and whispered something. He just nodded.

“Nice meeting you too, Han Su Hyun-ssi.” He said while sitting beside oppa. They began to talk. “Don’t tell me, you are inlove with him?” EunJi said.

“Ani. I’m really sure, I saw him somewhere. Don’t you think?” Eun Ji was shocked. “Wae? Did I say something wrong?” I asked her.

“Nothing is wrong. Don’t you really remember---” “JAGIYAAAA! I’m already here!” some girl shouted while running towards Doo Joon. She looks like my age. “Obviously you are here Krystal.” He said, while sighing. He looked, sad. The girl, I mean Krystal, rolled her eyes when she saw Eun Ji-ah, but when she saw me, she smiled, like an idiot. “Hey! My name is Krystal. I think you are new here, want to be my friend? You are so pretty!” She said in English. She is quite fluent… I’m guessing, san Francisco. I smirked.

“Oh, hello Krystal, I’m Han Su Hyun. Nice to meet you. Yes, I’m new. I just arrived here from Japan. Thanks for the offer, but I think I’ll pass. I know, I’m pretty, I get that a lot. How about you? ” I replied also in English. HA! DIDN’T YOU KNOW BEFORE I GO TO JAPAN, I STUDIED IN NEW YORK! Beat that girl!

“Wow. You are good in English. Watch out new girl, you might be pretty, but I and my girls run this school. Better think about again the offer I asked. You are really qualified to be pop----” “Stop now Krystal. Let’s just wait for the others, arasso?” Doo Joon grabbed Krystal and let her seat beside him. WHAT A ! TSK! I’M WAY PRETTIER THAN HER.

“Don’t mind her. She’s just jealous of your beauty and she thinks she could control you that are why she approached you.” EunJi whispered to me.

 

Doojoon’s POV

I can’t believe she is back from Japan. “Annyeonghaseyo, jireneun, Han Su Hyun imnida.” Then she smiled at me. I miss that smile. She is even prettier now.

“A-annyeong H-han Su Hyun. I’m Doo Joon. You could call me oppa.” She couldn’t remember me. It hurts so much. I want to hug her so much. I want to kiss her on the cheeks. I want to say out loud how much I miss her, but I can’t.

“Waeyo? We only met today, or have we met already?” She looked at me confusingly. She really doesn’t remember me.

“A-ani. Since you are the favorite cousin of Hyun Seung, and your best friend is Eunji-ah that means, we could be close” I smiled. I hope she remember me when I smile.

I was about to leave, when she grabbed my arm. “Chogiyo, but have we met before?” I was shocked, not because she grabbed my arm, its because she might remember me. She let go of my arm. “Mianheyo, Doo Joon-ssi. I didn’t mean to grab your arm.” She looked down and sat again beside Eun Jin-ah. I kneeled down, and went closer, “What do you think? Have we met?” Then I smiled. She looked at me confusingly.  Hyun Seung tapped my shoulder and whispered, “Not now Doo Joon. She needs time to remember you.” I just nod. “Nice meeting you too, Han Su Hyun-ssi.” I said while sitting beside Hyun Seung. We began to talk to distract my mind.