Final

Should Have Treated You Better

"Yah! Clean the floor better will you?!" Eli shouted at Kevin.

"Neh" Kevin replied.

Kevin was Eli's stepbrother. They were born in the same year but differ only by eight months. Eli was born in March while Kevin was born in November.

"Quickly clean!! AJ is coming!!" Eli ordered Kevin. AJ is Eli's best friend.

Kevin obidently followed Eli's instructions. Their parents were overseas, on a business trip. They rarely come home because they are forever busy with their work.

"DING DONG"

The doorbell rang. Eli got up and went to the door.

"Hey! AJ! Lets go to my room and..." before Eli could finish, AJ said, "Lets go to the cinema! There's a new movie that just released today."  Eli nodded in agreement and followed AJ to the door.

before leaving, Eli turned to Kevin and shouted, "Take care of the house!"

Kevin just replied a simple "mmm"

 

********************

 

Kevin was writing in his journal when he heard footsteps sounds coming from downstairs.

'Hmmm... Thats weird. I thought Eli hyung just went out 30 minutes ago? How can he be back that early?' He wondered.

He put down his journal, leaving it opened, on his bed. He went out of his room. He passed his parents' room and saw a gigantic fat man yanking the drawers out. Kevin accidently let out a sharp gasp. The enormous man turned around and saw kevin. He pushed Kevin to the wall and asked, "Where's the money?!"

Kevin directed him to the safe in the living room and in his parents' room. After the man took the money, hr pushed kevin to the wall opposite his parents' room door and said, "Petty boy... Thanks for the money but I won't spare your life." The overweight intruder smirked and laughed like a maniac.

He put a revolver in the middle of Kevin's head and said, "Don't worry boy, it's a silent revolver. No one can hear it." he pulled the trigger.

The bullet went into Kevin's head and shattered the skull, going deep until the middle of his brain. kevin collasped, muttering his last word, "Eli...". His world then turned black.

 

********************

 

"Kevin!! Where's my dinner?!" Eli shoutedthe moment he got home. "Kevin! Kevin!" he shouted but there was no reply. "Where are you? Kevin?" eli became worriied. He searched the whole floor, but Kevin is not there. He went into kevin's room upstairs and saw Kevin's open journal. Eli flipped the pages until he reached a certain page. 

27 April 2013

OMG!! I just met my soon-to-be-step-mom and found out that she has a son!! It's no other than my crush, Eli! He's gonna be my step-brother soon... So, there's no hope for me to be with him...

 

"Why?! Why didn't I realise that you liked me?! Why?!" Eli shouted in frustration.

"I love you too, kevin. Mianhae. Iv'e treated you badly." Eli continued his search for Kevin in his parents' room. When he got in, he saw all the drawers and cupboards are empty. he leaned against his parents' room door. On the opposite wall, he saw drops of blood that continued to the floor. He followed the trail which led him to the middle of the forest behind his bungalow. The trail stopped under a tree. Eli took out his iPhone5, which has a wallpaper of kevin's sleeping face that he secretly took. He shined the light to the top of the tree and hoped that Kevin is still alive.

He looked up on the tree. On it, hangs Kevin's lifeless body.

he discovered a bullet hole in Kevin's head.

He pulled the body down from the tree and cradled it in his arms. he Kevin's head. "Kevin-ah... I didn't think that I will have the chance to your head... It's a pity that it happened when you're already dead..." He cried. it's the longest time he cried in his whole life. "Kevin~ saranghae~ i should have treated you better before this..."