How It Began..

Head Over Heels

"Mr. Kim" I knocked on my boss' door. It took him a while but he answered and opened the door in to welcome me.
"Yes?" His head peeped out behind the door.
"I'll be going for my lunch break now." 
"Oh all right, till later Ms. Lee." He replied back to me then rudely slammed the door in my face. Talk about a boss with no etiquette. Ignoring the fact of having a disrespectful boss, I gladly strolled out of the building within a second. Just as I stepped foot outside, my stomach literally roared at me. "Oooh, that's bad." 

It was Friday a afternoon, usually this day would be my day off. But since my boss asked me to take off on Wednesday and work on my Friday, I obliged. On my usual Wednesdays, I go over to Bae's Diner just a few blocks down from where I work. It's a family-owned business and has a great deal of food selections. How could you not love it?

It was 2:00 PM and although lunch was two hours pass, the diner was nowhere near empty. I walked through the doorway and was greeted by Haemi, the daughter of Mr. & Mrs. Bae. "Minkyung-ssi!" She pulled me into the tightest hug-- or should I say choke ever. "You didn't come on Wednesday, it was awkward without you."
I just chuckled at her remark. "Well, I didn't go to work that day. Instead I took a day off and worked today."
"Ohh, I see. I was worried. I thought you were ill or something."
"Pfft." I scoffed. "Puh-lease, people like me don't ever get sick." Our conversation went on for a while till my stomach decided to roar even louder this time.
"I think I should get you seated." Haemi laughed and took me to my seat. I say 'my' seat since it's where I sit whenever I go there. Coincidentally, it was always vacant whenever I go.

I had just sat down and spoken my order. Haemi, who was at the front counter, caught my attention. "I'm sorry, Myungsoo-ssi. Someone is already sitting there and the whole diner is packed." Haemi spoke to a fairly tall guy in front of her. 
"How could you seat someone in my seat Haemi-ah?!"
"It was the only seat available at the time and she too likes sitting at that table. Second of all, you do not own it. Lastly, if you want that seat you'll have to share the table with her. It is the only vacant space left in the whole diner anyways." She was speaking to a man who was stood around five foot ten. He had twinkling dark brown eyes, sharp, clean cut hair, milky skin, soft lips and-- he just had a gorgeous face, okay. I wondered what seat was 'his' until I noticed Haemi and this male creature looking towards my direction. I turned my head around to check if they were staring at someone else. I turned my head back forward and found Haemi with this man standing afore me.

"Ba-hahaha!" I was given a shock. "Is there a problem?" I calmed myself down.
"Umm, Minkyung-ssi; this is Myungsoo. Myungsoo, this is Minkyung.” Haemi introduced us to each other. “Uhh, could Myungsoo sit here with you since the rest of the diner is packed?" Haemi pointed at the vacant seat in front of me.
"Oh, yeah sure. He can. I don't mind but--"
"I don't mind either. This is actually my favorite seat in the whole venue." I heard his gentle voice speak up. Hearing his remark, Haemi bowed and left. Myungsoo took his seat and I looked back down again. Oh damn did he gives me butterflies. 

Once he had settled I got the guts to look up. "So, you come here often?" I mentally face-palmed myself for choosing such words. It made me seem as if I were using one of those cheesy pickup lines.
He chuckled lightly, "Yeah. I come here for lunch every Thursday."
"Really? I come here every Wednesday for lunch."
"If you come on Wednesdays, then you’re a little late. It’s already Friday." 
I could tell he was trying to create a conversation. "Well, if you come on Thursdays, then you’re just a tad bit late too."
"Yeah, but I’m late by one day. You're late by two." He held up a number two with his fingers and gave a smug smile.

 By then our food came. Little did we know that we ordered the same thing: Fettuccine Alfredo with a dash of Parmesan cheese. Time passed and we talked about many things. We spoke about our jobs, past, what we want our futures to look like, family-- anything we could think of. We even exchanged phone numbers. We found so much common ground. The conversation went on so well lunch became dinner. What a way to have an unexpected sort of ‘date’, right?

            "I wouldn't want to interrupt the lovely couple but, it's 6:24 PM. Your lunch breaks are way past overdue." Haemi placed the bill on the table and giggled.
"We got a little carried away." I blushed so red at what Haemi said, he cupped my face and chuckled.
"That's all right. Time goes by fast when you're having fun right?"
"You had fun?"
"Of course but, we do have to go soon. We've been enough bother to the Bae's business."
I nodded. It was hard to admit but he was right. Myungsoo was really a gentleman. He even pried to pay for both our meals.

He held the door open for me, "I guess we'll be separating now." I nodded in reply. We went our opposite ways, but I looked back and felt like I needed to tell him something chased after him. "Myungsoo!" He stopped and turned around but on the day I decide to run in heels, they had to be six inches. I tried my best to stop my acceleration but instead I ate it on the floor. Yeah, that wasn't the cliche 'tripped and caught by a handsome man' scenario I dreamt of. I looked up and saw Myungsoo looking down on me. "Myungsoo," I spoke again. 
"Yes?" he smiled down at me and helped me.
I looked down and spoke, "I'm head over heels for you." 
He laughed and replied, “I can see that,” He picked up my heels that now don’t have heels at all. Instead, they snapped during my fall. “And I’m head over heels for you.” He kissed my forehead. I couldn’t help but smile. “Now, let’s go get some new shoes, yes?”
“But, how can I walk without shoes, Myung?”
“Like this.” He took me by the waist and carried my like a newly wedded bride. I was shocked but I relaxed and laid my head on his chest. I heard his heart beating. His pulse was pretty fast and I could tell his hands were a little sweaty. But that wasn’t the last time he carried me. Five years later, we were in the same position. The only thing different was that we were walking out of our wedding reception.