The Wolves' Den

Broken Restraints

****** *******

 

Kyungsoo has always dreamed of being able to have lucid dreams. When he was young, he always complained that his dreams were all traumatic (i.e getting a failing grade in biology. .in BIOLOGY, his favorite subject mind you, and finding himself jumping off a cliff, both in terms of horribleness were of the same caliber).

 

But now he has finally been able to control his dream. You see, about a few minutes ago, he found himself lying in a huge high-ceiling room, like the ones you see in those classic movies about the renaissance. The room was softly lit by a few candles in the chandelier and the silver slivers of the moon peeping through the heavy velvet drapes.

 

The room was clustered with portraits of people, with the same common trait. All had yellow eyes and all were good-looking.

 

The magic photoshop can do nowadays.

 

Oh. .and did he mention that he sees a bust of a wolf nailed on the wall? and he’s almost sure that the wolf head kept checking him out.

 

You might think him weird that he’s not freaking out whatsoever. But you see, he’s just obviously in a dream. Because why the heck would an old mansion be floating right above Seoul? (yes, the house he was in was apparently floating above Seoul based on what he saw through the glass windows)

But what's weird is that he can actually control where he goes.

 

He’s been walking leisurely around the room for a while now, casually scanning through the many faces in the portraits and laughing at the absurdity of their clothes, because really, even if he knows nothing about fashion, frills are so four hundred years ago and please. .that girl’s hair is bigger than her head.

 

After getting bored he decided to wake himself up. He tried closing and opening his eyes.

 

He’s still there

 

He tried again.

 

Yeah. .still there

 

Maybe another try. .

 

Goodness. .

 

He’s starting to panic. Kyungsoo paced across the room blinking furiously as well as pinching himself in the process.

 

“UGH! Wake up!” he yelled to himself in frustration.

 

“You already are.” a voice suddenly said. The voice was aloof and was slightly accented, making it sound refined.

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes snapped to the voice’s direction. It came from a petite teenager who was standing near the door frame with small crescent eyes and brown hair. His smug look completely didn’t match with his face.

 

Kyungsoo just stared at him. He was pretty sure that you can only dream about people you’ve met or seen, but he’s pretty sure that he’s never seen this guy in his life. He was just about to say “hey. .figment of my imagination, tell me how to get out of here.” But without warning, the guy just kind of appeared right behind him.

 

He felt the guy’s hand on his shoulder, immediately causing him to freeze. How in the world did he do that?? they were like, about 15 meters away from each other. But then realized that. .hey it’s just a dream, physics don’t apply.

 

Kyungsoo was just about to turn around, but the guy kept him in place with his surprising strength. A stinging pain in the side of his neck ensured when the guy’s sharp fingernails trailed through his skin.

 

“Hmm,. .you’re such a waste.”.

 

Kyungsoo felt a bit indignant

 


“Well, you’re a figment of my imagination.” he shot back.

 

He heard a mocking laugh escape the lips of the other male. His laugh was high and melodious, but dark at the same time.

 

Kyungsoo didn’t know why, but there was something oddly threatening about the other.

 

“Am I?” the other mused.

 

Kyungsoo gulped. Why the hell is he scared of a short- teenager, much more, that he’s just a figment of his imagination?

 

But he couldn’t help it, the dude was freaking him out.

 

Please body, just wake the frick up!

 

“Y-yeah.” Kyungsoo hesitantly replied.

 

“Are you quite sure?” the other pressed on, dragging his long and black polished fingernails down through Kyungsoo’s neck, making him flinch. “Because if I was, this would not hurt at all, if I’m not mistaken?”

 

His words made a metaphorical bucket of ice get dumped on Kyungsoo.

 

What if. .

 

“Yes,” said the other male, again in his mocking voice. “This is real.”

 

 

It can’t.

 

it can’t be real

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo almost never curses profusely, even in his mind or in his dreams, but he can let this one slide.

 

Because . .

 

this is real.

 

 

He was just about to start hyperventilating when the huge double doors of the room opened with a loud creak. The oxygen made it’s way back to his lungs along with a small string of hope that maybe, just maybe, it was the cops who came to save poor little him.

 

But it wasn’t. .it was this stone-faced guy, probably younger than him with platinum blonde hair.

 

The newcomer’s blank face was graced with one upturned eyebrow as he eyed Kyungsoo and the other guy behind him. Then Kyungsoo realized how weird their position was. Him being man-handled by some puny nail-art loving male.

 

Oh gosh. .he should be scared to death, but why the hell is embarrassment still making it’s way in the barrel of emotions he’s feeling.

 

“Hey Baekhyun.” the blonde said monotonously in the same accent as ‘Baekhyun’ right before he gave out a small smirk.

 

“What did I tell you about playing with my food?”

 

Did he just hear right??

 

Did he just call him his ‘food’?

 

Kyungsoo tried to ask for clarification, but no words would come out.

 

The guy apparently known as Baekhyun finally let go of Kyungsoo and scoffed.

 

“Sehun, you arrogant little . He---“ he jabbed Kyungsoo painfully in the chest. “Is my food.”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened to the size of ping pong balls.

 

Sehun (the blonde) noticed his obvious distress and chuckled. “Yes owl boy, we are going. .” he trailed off, dragging his vision on Kyungsoo from head to foot, slowly his lips hungrily.

 

“We’re gonna eat you.”

 

 

“You shouldn’t have spied on Kai.”

 

 

He’s gonna get. . eaten?

 

And who the hell is KAI?? who seems to be the root of all this madness.

 

Okay. .here goes the hyperventilation. He felt his chest constrict as all the air refused to go in his system. He felt a sharp pain in his knees as he dropped to the floor without warning, gasping for breath. He planted his palms firmly on the carpeted floor, desperately trying to hold himself up. He would’ve laughed at himself cause he looked like a fish out of water.

 

Crap

 

He’s gonna die.

 

Well at least it’s better than getting eaten right?

 

Even in his head it sounds ridiculous, being eaten  like it's definitely just some sort of a dream, but even if it is, everything just seems so real it's enough to make him crack.

 

And cracking he does. .

 

He heard another pair of footsteps come his way and before he knew it, calloused hands were cupping his cheeks, forcibly bringing his neighbor’s face into focus.

 

“Hey.” his neighbor called out, but Kyungsoo couldn’t respond, opting to give out faint gasps instead.

 

“ Sehun, what the hell did you do?” His neighbor scolded irritably. His voice wasn’t accented like the two others.

 

He turned to look back at Kyungsoo. “Hey, stay with me.”

 

Kyungsoo shook his head.

 

I can’t. .

Is that the light I see?

 

goodbye worl---

 

Slap

 

Well that certainly wasn’t expected.

 

His neighbor’s hand painfully collided with the side of his face, knocking some oxygen into his system.

 

With strangled coughs, Kyungsoo was able to breathe again.

 

When he was able to recompose himself and his dignity by peeling himself off of his face down position on the floor he immediately looked at his neighbor. Fear slowly crept into him as he remembered him transform into some kind of rabid animal. He flinched when his neighbor sharply looked at him.

 

“Who the hell are you?” his neighbor asked.

 

That’s MY line.

 

He wanted to friggin scream that he was the one who needed some sort of explanation, but taking his current predicament into consideration, he decided on answering pliantly.

 

“K-Kyungsoo.”

 

His neighbor gave out a resigned sigh. “Who the hell told you to come into my room Kyungsoo?”

 

Wow. not even a –ssi sewn in there?

 

“Uh. .uh. . “ he stuttered. “Thin walls.”

 

Baekhyun, who was observing their conversation with interest suddenly laughed.

 

“Hahahahha! I told you that that cheap  building you call a. . what was it? .. oh yes ‘apartment’, would get you found out Kai.” he mused, garnering an eyeroll from ‘Kai’.

 

So he’s Kai.

 

And hey. .that apartment is NOT cheap, well not that cheap anyways.

 

 

“Shut up Baekhyun.”

 

Baekhyun frowned, which later turned to a grimace. “What about you ‘shut up’, that unrefined language of yours is so disgusting.”

 

Kai sighed irritably. “Look.” he said, looking at Baekhyun. “I told you, I speak normally, unlike you guys who’ve never stepped foot into the human world. Like come on. When were you born? a hundred years ago?”

 

Baekhyun raised a brow, completely unamused. “Yes, In fact I was born a hundred years ago. 121 to be exact.”

 

Kai face-palmed. “Oh yeah. I sometimes forget that you’re an ancient.”

 

Sehun frowned. “I wonder how it’s like to be reincarnated.”

 

Baekhyun turned to him. “It’s not fun if that’s what you’re thinking. It’s not nice remembering how your past lives died. I for one, never want to try drowning again.”

 

Kyungsoo was now completely lost. The three were having a conversation as if he wasn’t in the same room. During the time he was being ignored, he observed some things. Baekhyun was wearing something that you would see those Lords  wear in the period movies, he also had a very disturbing amount of black eyeliner and nail polish on, making him look even paler than normal humans. Sehun was dressed similarly, but in contrast to Baekhyun’s raven hair, his was platinum blonde, and his eyes were strange, was it black? or dark purple? which gave him a look of mystery.

 

And there was Kai, in his sweatpants, sneakers and an “I love Seoul’ shirt.

 

“Why are you living in the human world anyway? they smell and they dress like they don’t have tailors.” he gestured to Kai’s loose clothing.

 

Kai growled. “It’s because they DON’T have personal tailors that make everything for them.”

 

Baekhyun gasped. “They don’t?”

 

Kai rolled his eyes for the umpteenth time. “No Baekhyun, they don’t.”

 

“Um. .guys? it seems we are forgetting something.” Sehun gestured to Kyungsoo, who wanted nothing more than be forgotten.

 

Baekhyun smirked. “Oh yes. My food.” he caressed Kyungsoo’s cheek, making him shiver. “How would you like to be served? raw or medium rare?”

 

Kyungsoo squeaked.

 

Kai hastily slapped Baekhyun’s hand away.

 

“Don’t make him friggin faint again!” he scolded. He then put his hands firmly on Kyungsoo’s shoulders, and looked at him straight in the eye.. “No one’s gonna eat you okay?”

 

“Heeey! we had fun with that prank!” Sehun whined.

 

“Ugh. .Kai, why the bloody hell are you so mature?” Baekhyun complained.

 

Kai pursed his lips, his patience was really getting thin here. “And why are you both so IMmature?”

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be. .like a hundred years old?” Kai sighed.

 

Baekhyun raised a brow. “Technically I’m not,  this body was born just 20 years ago for your information.”

 

Kai let out a sound of frustration that was a cross between a whale’s cry and a dying frog.

 

“Uh guys?” Sehun said with a small smirk that graced his otherwise expressionless face and jerked a finger towards Kyungsoo. “Seems like your forgetting somebody, hurry up and decide what to do before he really dies.”

 

No no no!. .continue on ignoring me, please..

 

Kyungsoo mentally groaned. He inwardly cursed this Sehun kid for disrupting his minutes of not having a level of nervousness that makes him almost pee his pants.

 

Kai immediately went to Kyungsoo again. “I’m going to reiterate that we are NOT going to eat you.”

 

There was silence, and Kai just stared at Kyungsoo, waiting for some kind of reaction.

 

“Yay?” he said meekly, how else was he supposed to react? . .and he kinda still hopes that this is some kind of sick twisted dream. Dream or not, relief washed over him, because he often thinks about what type of death he would prefer (he's not emo or suicidal or anything, but he just has a lot of thinking time on his hands), and getting eaten for dinner is definitely on the farthest part of the list.

 

Kai's expression quickly sobered as he looked at Kyungsoo gravely. "But we do have a problem."

 

Kyungsoo gulped

 

 


 

 

His eyes were astronomically wide and he was pretty sure that his mouth was hanging half open the whole time he was in this mess of a situation, so he probably looked pathetic. But maybe that's exactly how he should look like so that the people here, or whatever they are, would take pity on his poor unlucky soul and let him out of here unscathed, or at least alive, or at least uneaten.

In front of him was a mass of people all dressed like Sehun and Baekhyun, they all also looked extremely otherworldly, with abnormally pale skin and abnormally deep set and brooding eyes. They were all seated in some form of elevated platform across from the two lone chairs he and Kai have been subjected into in the middle of a high-ceilinged room that was bigger and even fancier than the room he was in before. He saw the two known as Sehun and Baekhyun seated on the lowest part of the platform along with two other people who looked their age. 

Alright, maybe instead of a 'mass' of people there were only really about twenty of them. .but to him it was already a mass of people, because damn. .he's so scared and freaked out right now.

 

Apparently, this isn't a dream.

 

Apparently, the people in front of him are 'discussing his fate' so to speak.

 

Apparently, he was surrounded by werewolves. .

 


"What should we do with the boy?" a man in his fourties said.

 

"He has seen our secrets, maybe we should dispose of him?" a woman with a long crooked noise haughtily replied.

 

WHAT? dispose? am I some kind of used napkin or something?

 

"Maybe we should erase his memories?" another one suggested.

 

Yes! yes! forgetting all of this is no problem.

 

"But of course, that would turn his thinking capacity into that level of a three year old."

 

. .no thank you.

 

"Just kill him, it's as simple as that." a man in his twenties said as plain as one would say 'please pass the Kimchi'.

 

"But Heechul, aren't you being rash?" the woman argued, she was way older than him, but Kyungsoo could sense that all of the people in the room were almost afraid of Heechul.

 

Heechul raised a brow, ruining his previously stoich expression, ivory waist-length hair moving with him as he turned to the woman.

 

"Rash? I'm not being rash, I'm being practical." he said, calm yet a bit annoyed. "Killing him is easier than all those other options you suggested."

 

There was silence. Panic coursed through Kyungsoo as he saw the others on the platform being silently forced to agree with Heechul's suggestion.

 

He wanted to complain, scream, beg, or ask for at least a final phone call, but he found his throat frozen.

 

Heechul looked at him, making all of the hairs in the back of his neck stand straight as a ruler.  Heechul raised his hand, about to slam the hammer to formalize the decision when suddenly his neighbor, who had been just silently sitting next to him, raised his hand.

 

"I'll share my scent with him." he said.

 

At his words loud murmurs erupted across the platform, even the stoic long haired 'leader''s eyes widened, even just a bit. Kyungsoo saw Sehun and Baekhyun mouthing words to Kai like 'Are you insane?'

 

"Are you really prepared for that boy?" A man with a well-groomed beard inquired.

 

Kyungsoo was lost. How in the world will sharing Kai's body odor fix this? He looked at his neighbor and could clearly see that he was nervous and hesitant.

 Kai gulped.

"Yes. .I am sure."

 

Right after he uttered those words Baekhyun let out an incredulous complaint. "Kai what in the world are you thinking?? You're practically giving up your freedom!"

 

"Exactly!. .just let them do whatever with that Kyungsoo fellow." Sehun added.

 

DO 'WHATEVER'?? what 'whatever'??

 

Kyungsoo was now pethetically beginning to slightly shake. This was all just too surreal. Kai took a quick glance at him before turning back to them.

 

"No,. ." he in a breath. "I'll do it."

 

****** *******

 

2nd chapter! ahhahah omg that took tooo long. Sorry guys. its because of school, college, stress, and zoology. 

 

But anyways, thanks so muuch for not unsubbng or something. =) and I hope you guys will tell me what ya'll think.