Curiosity killed the Cat

Broken Restraints

 

******* *******

 

Kyungsoo was not the type of person to be bothered easily. Yes, he may constantly arrange his clothes twice a week to ensure that they are, in fact, color coded, and yes, he may go crazy whenever someone doodles on his nearly immaculate notes, and yes, he may sometimes hear a tilted poster calling out to him ‘Please straighten me’ whenever he walks by it. . .

 

Ok. .maybe he’s a little paranoid.

 

But this, .what’s been happening to him for the past months, was just driving him insane.

 

He just transferred in this pretty decent apartment building and everything was nice and all.

 

Except for the walls.

 

Their walls were thin as hell.

 

Because every month, he hears loud thumping noises on the other side of his bedroom wall (his bed was pressed against a wall because he feels safe when he’s in a corner), and yeah. .he’s speculated that maybe his neighbor was just getting a ‘lucky night’ each time. But whenever he hears the thumping noises, he gets more and more bothered.

 

Because the more he listens (he’s not a or anything okay. .he was just curious), the more he hears muffled screams, apparently a guy’s. Every month, during that night, he listens, he can even hear some cracking sounds and some sounds of fabric getting ripped, causing him to have less than pleasant speculations along the lines of: his neighbor was a monthly murderer, his neighbor was torturing someone or that his neighbor has really really risqué and abnormal .

 

He was hoping that it wasn’t the latter, because damn. .it would be awkward if he would see that.

 

Yes,. .it would be possible that he would see that because he was now standing right in front of his neighbors door to give him a piece of his mind.

 

Right before he could even touch his knuckles on the door to knock, it creeked open.

 

Damn, . .that’s creepy.

 

He peeked his tiny little head inside, wide eyed, so that he would be able to at least see a glimpse of the room’s interior despite the scarce lighting.

 

“Hello?” he croaked, but he was met by silence. He gulped, this was getting a bit horror-movie-ish.

 

But for some reason, his feet were moving out of their own accord and were actually moving forward.

 

He d the walls for the light switch but then stopped when he saw a sliver of light coming from one room of the apartment.

 

“Hello?” he tried again, closing the door behind him. He was starting to sound more confident, but it was the complete opposite inside. He really doesn’t know why he would put himself through this when he could just plainly walk away, but maybe it’s the micro-biologist major in him that  just yearns to discover what the hell is going on in this apartment.

 

He finally managed to reach the knob from the lighted room and gasped at what he saw inside.

 

“Holy .”

 

He’s really not one to curse, but this was just too weird.

 

There were chains and ropes tied to the bed, and there were some kind of. .gnaw and bite marks that dented the chains and snapped the ropes.

The bed was almost pulverized. The foam was on the floor, leaving the wooden base exposed, which was slashed and chipped by something.

 

What the. .

 

This is definitely not just wild . .ehem. ..

 

This was downright torture!

 

 He was just about going to turn and run away and maybe call the cops but before he could even scream the scream that’s been itching it’s way out of his throat, a harsh and coarse voice made him freeze.

 

“What the are you doing here?”

 

Kyungsoo turned around and saw a boy, around his age, with a wild and manic look in his eyes. His hair was matted with sweat and he looked bloodshot. He looked just about ready to pass out.

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened so much that even he thought that he might loose an eyeball.

 

What was he going to say?

 

‘howdy neighbor, I was just curious as to what you were doing so I just naturally invaded your personal space. And look what I found! It seems that you’re a dangerous sadist that might have already killed somebody.’

 

Saying that would definitely get him killed.

 

“I-I. .” Kyungsoo made out.

 

A sharp yelp came out of the smaller man as he was suddenly pressed harshly on the wall.

 

Oh crap Oh crap Oh crap Oh crap. I’m gonna friggin die! And I haven’t even finished my thesis yet.

 

Gathering his courage, Kyungsoo opened his eyes, only to see sharp brown orbs stare directly at him. His neighbor’s forearm was placed on his neck, pinning him helplessly on the wall.

 

He could hear and feel his neighbor’s harsh breathing. Is. .is his neighbor high or something?

 

“I asked you. .what the . .are you doing?” His neigbors voice was soft and venomous, almost like a small growl. His breathe tickling Kyungsoo’s nose due to their close proximity.

 

And maybe Kyungsoo should get glasses because he thinks he sees fangs on his neighbor.

 

Or maybe his neighbor is just in dire need of braces.

 

Kyungsoo let out another embarrassingly unmanly yell when he saw his neighbor let go and convulse as if somebody was beating him with a bat.

 

“Urgh!” his neighbor grunted, he was starting to shake, like he was getting electrocuted or something.

 

Is it really possible? Has Kyungsoo finally awakened his super powers?

 

Yeah. He’s a closet comic book and manga geek.

 

But he was snapped back to reality when his neighbor practically roared.

 

YES. .roared. Not like an imitate roar but a legit roar that only animals can do.

 

“Uh. .are you okay?” Kyungsoo apprehensively asked when he saw his neighbor hunch over, panting raggedly.

 

“NO!” his neighbor lashed out, baring his obviously abnormal canine teeth. “Just go!”

 

Kyungsoo just froze, mouth slightly agape.

 

Fangs. .

 

Roar. .

 

“GO!” his neighbor yelled again. This time, with a pair of black furry ears popping out of his head.

 

Ears. .

 

This must be a dream.

 

But it can’t be, because the pain from the claws (yes, CLAWS) of his neighbor digging onto his arm was legit, but he couldn’t bing himself to move.

 

 

“Go.” His neighbor uttered in a breathy and pained voice, his grip on Kyungsoo loosening.

 

Seeing that Kyungsoo was no longer with him, his neighbor pulled away completely and let out an exasperated growl.

 

“If you don’t want to—ugh. .”he was cut off midsentence when he had another on of his seizure sessions, black fur gracing his arms and neck.

 

Fur. .

 

Friggin’ fur.

 

“Gah!” his neighbor yelped as he felt his tail pop out.

 

Tail. .

 

Friggin’ tail.

 

His neighbor (if he can still call him that) raggedly panted as he made his way to the mangled bed. “If you don’t want to go. .*pant*. .fine. But if you tell anyone this. .I will kill you.”

 

Kyungsoo gulped as his neighbor continued.

 

“Literally. .” his neighbor growled, and Kyungsoo was sure to hear the sincerity in his neighbor's words. His neighbor kept clenching his fists like he was restraining something. Maybe he was imagining Kyungsoo's throat in it's grip. Oh gosh. .he's screwed.

 

His neighbor’s voice sounded like he was in so much pain, but the death threat he spat out was in no means hollow.

 

He WILL kill him.

 

Kyungsoo just stood there, completely frozen in shock and  fear, with his heart was hammering in his chest, he should call for help, really, he should. Or at least make a run for it but his stupid legs won't move. This is just too weird for his normal, science-believing brain.

 A giant scream broke through the room, it was his neighbor's, only it didn't sound human at all. It sounded like an animal being tortured. Kyungsoo immediately snapped out of his daze as he witnessed his neighbor turn into something completely inhuman. His body convulsed and convulsed as it grew bigger in size, growing fur along with it. The creature's head was kept down and out of Kyungsoo's view, but when it snapped up to look at him he was met with glowing yellow eyes. . and

 

a wolf's face. . 

 

 

 

 

Okay. .Kyungsoo can faint now.

 

 

And he did.

 

 

******* *******

Woa.. .hahah first chapter's finally out. took me long enough huh? anyways thanks so so much for the people who subscribed. =D

 

I had fun writing the first part but then procrastinated doing the last, It's because of college. -____-

So I have very little time to write. huhuhuuhu.

But since the exams are almost over, I'll have enough freedom to change that. hahaha