Final

Amaranthine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I planned on updating the final chappie next week.. But since I had a great day, (went out with my friend: IamSamBinJae) I decided to just post it now. :>

 

I have been living in this Earth for a very long time, longer than you could imagine. Yes, you can consider me an immortal. No one is aware of my existence, my immortality. The only reason that's keeping me alive is her.

I have to find her.  I didn't know whether she's dead or unborn. All I know is once I'll find her, I'll know that it's her.

I have not been told that'll take a long time, thousands of years, before I'll find her. Every day, I'm hoping and praying that God will lead me to her already.

And God finally heard my prayers.

 

 

I am strolling in the woods late at night. It was dead silent, all I can hear is this eerie sound. It doesn't bother me though since I'm one of the strongest living creature alive.

Due to my keen hearing sense, I heard a cry of a baby. I didn't know why but I had the urge to find this baby and check whether it's safe.

Without second thoughts, I ran towards the cry. I sped up, almost flying. Then I saw a car, bumped to the trunk of the oldest and strongest tree in this forest. Smoke was coming out from the car's hood.

The accident must have occurred just now. I thought.

I walked nearer towards the car. I saw a male in the driver's seat and a female in the passenger seat. They must be a married couple. Blood was dripping from their head. Are they still alive? I asked in my thoughts.

I noticed the female was hugging something, so tight yet gently. Then I heard it again, the baby's cry. I found out the female was hugging the baby.

I walked around the car, to the passenger's side. I opened the car's door and slowly took the baby from the female into my arms. Thank God she's alive. I sighed out of relief.

I observed the baby's face. It opened her eyes. She was staring deeply into my own eyes. And I realized something.

"It's her.." I whispered. Lord, are you finally answering my prayers?

The baby broke into laughter, showing her cute eyesmile.

She's pretty. I smiled.

 

 

I am now in front of an orphanage. I decided to let the authorities clean up the car accident but I must take her away.

Fortunately, she was not crying anymore.

I stop in front of the orphanage's closed door.

"I'm sorry for doing this, but I must." I whispered and after, chanted something.

After the chant, the mark instantly appeared on her right shoulder blade.

"We'll meet again at the right time." I kissed the top of her head and placed her carefully on the doorstep.

I rang the orphanage's doorbell thrice and immediately took off.

Don't worry, I'll always know where you are. I'll visit to check on how you're doing from time to time. I promise. I thought while running to who knows where.

 

 

It's been eight years and I'm back. I'm back to check on her. But I must not let myself be seen. It's not yet the right time.

I am currently climbing a tree, hiding myself while spying on the kids of the orphanage.

"Where is she?" I whispered while glancing at the little girls. My eyes got stuck on a girl. "It's her. She's growing up healthily." I smiled. But in order to be sure, I chanted something.

Her face scrunched and her hand reached on to her right shoulder blade. Did it hurt badly? I thought while feeling guilty, at least I'm now sure it's really her.

"Are you okay, Soon Kyu?" A boy who seems older than her asked.

"So, she was named Soon Kyu?" I murmured, then smiled like an idiot.

"I'm fine, it's nothing." She smiled at the older boy.

Her smile never changed. She still has that pretty smile and cute eyesmile. I thought while intently staring at her and at her every move.

"Come, let's play with them!" She said and dragged the older boy. The older boy stared at their clasped hands and blushed slightly.

"What the- Is that boy harboring some crush on Soon Kyu?!" I frowned, both my eyebrows meeting each other. Wait, am I jealous over a kid? No, I'm not. I don't get jealous. I convinced myself.

"Don't worry, Luhan. She's yours. Just wait for the right time." I told myself.

After playing, the kids were instructed to have their afternoon nap. This is my chance. I thought and jumped off the tree.

I sneaked into Soon Kyu's room through her window.

I walked towards her bed as quiet as I can be.

She's sleeping so peacefully. I pulled up her blanket to cover her body properly and pushed her bangs away from her face.

"It's been so long." I whispered.

I fished something out from my pocket. It's a bracelet. I took Soon Kyu's left hand and clasped the bracelet into her wrist. I smiled since I think the bracelet fits her perfectly.

"It will protect you from harm while I'm not at your side." I said and kissed her forehead. "I have to go now. I'll be back soon."

And I went out through the window.

 

 

Seven years since I last visited Soon Kyu. She's fifteen now. I found out, that today, their school are having their field trip.

Lucky for me, they're going to a 'tourist spot' forest.

They were paired up and I need a reason why she's paired up to a guy. I'm not jealous, I swear. I just don't like her partner.

Fine, maybe I'm jealous, BUT JUST A BIT.

The teache

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter