WONDERFUL

The Untold Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WONDERFUL by BIG BANG

 

A few days later at the YG building…

“You’re getting a lot better, Dara! It’s been over a week since I last saw you and you’ve already improved so much. I’m really impressed,” Hye Sun complimented.

Goo Hye Sun was one of YG’s resident actresses. She and Dara were of the same age and had grown close to each other when Hye Sun volunteered to have one-on-one practice sessions to help Dara out with her acting. Even though Hye Sun was already an established actress in the industry, when president YG told her about Dara, she wanted to lend a helping hand to her fellow YG family member.

“Do you think so? I’ve been taking all the advice that you’ve been giving me. Those little exercises you taught me last time really helped me with memorizing lines. I’ve also been working on my facial expressions too. I still have a long way to go and there is just so much more that I haven’t learned yet,” Dara humbly replied.

“Keep it up Dara! I can tell that all the hard work you’ve put in is paying off. You’re on the right track, so just keep going as you are,” Hye Sun encouraged Dara, while giving the latter a pat on the back.

“Thank you. It means a lot coming from the great GOO HYE SUN!” Dara stretched her arms out above her head as she shouted her friend’s name to lighten the mood. Hye Sun could only laugh at Dara’s funny gesture.

“So, how many more weeks do you have here for before you have to return back to the Philippines?” Hye Sun asked.

“I’ve got a little over two months left…” she answered. Dara’s happy mood from earlier suddenly dampened a bit after realizing the limited amount of time she had left to spend with YG family before having to go back to her real home in the Philippines. As much as she was feeling home sick, she was really happy with the time she has spent at YG thus far.

There was a moment of silence between the two friends as they both let Dara’s words sink in. Sensing Dara’s mood change, Hye Sun brought up a question that she’d been meaning to ask Dara for a few days now.

“Dara, have you ever thought of maybe auditioning as an actress for YG? I know you only came here for a workshop, but maybe you should consider trying out. It'll be a great opportunity for you. I had a meeting with president YG a couple days ago about the new drama I’m going to be in and he mentioned that he was looking to recruit some new actresses into the company,” Hye Sun shared as she expectantly looked at Dara, waiting for a response.

“I don’t know…” Dara answered in just barely above a whisper as she fiddled with the hem of her sweatshirt. The truth was, the thought had crossed Dara’s mind a couple of times, but she avoided giving it too much thought. She didn’t like the thought of having to make such a hard decision between going back home to her friends and family in the Philippines or starting a new beginning on her own in Korea.

“You don't have to answer now. Take a couple of days to think about it and let me know when you figure it out. It’d be really nice having you be an officially member of YG family, but it’s up to you and whatever you want to do. I’ll support you in any path you choose to take,” Hye Sun shared as she gave Dara’s hands a light squeeze.

“Okay, I will. Thank you for looking out for me and for being such a supportive friend,” Dara sincerely replied.

“Alright, it’s time for me to head over to my meeting with the director for one of my projects. I’ve got a ton of meetings lined up in my schedule, so I probably won’t be able to visit you as often as I want to. I’ll see you in a week or two, once things get settled. I'll let you know once things free up so we can practice some more. Call me if you need anything, okay?” Hye Sun pulled Dara in for a quick hug before leaving for the practice room door.

“Okay, good luck at your meeting! Thanks again, for everything,” Dara called out after her as she waved goodbye.

 

After Hye Sun left the room, Dara began slowly packing up her own things to head out as well. She had ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter