Finale

When Bacon gets in the way

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Els hadn’t spoken to Kyuhyun in over three days. She’d never gone this long without talking to her best friend and she really missed his company, but with the way he’d ended things that night, she didn’t even know if seeing him would be a good idea. Instead, she’d been spending her free time with Baekhyun. He’d done a pretty good job at cheering her up. They often went for coffee together, or watched kids’ movies at his dorm. They even went to the park together for ice cream.

 

However, despite Baekhyun’s attempts to distract her, Els still wondered about Kyuhyun all the time. He was her best friend after all.

 

Baekhyun had said that it was Kyuhyun’s responsibility to come to her to apologize and not vice versa; and also that, in the meantime, she should just think about her own happiness and enjoy herself. Els did like the idea of not having to think of anyone but herself for once. She really felt like Baekhyun had, in a certain sense, opened her eyes about a lot of things so when the boy asked her to accompany him to a party on a Friday night, she gladly said yes.

 

She hadn’t been to a real party in a while and when she first walked into the place, the music droned in her ears so loudly she had to repulse the desire to cover her ears with her hands. A lot of the people there she had never even seen before and so her first instinct was telling her to make a run for it however Baekhyun’s reassuring smile made her continue further into the small club.

 

They first got some drinks and went to sit at the back of the room, where the music wasn’t as obnoxiously loud and where they had a pretty good overview of the place. They talked over some drinks, commenting on the drunken people on the dance floor and soon enough, Els found herself having a lot of fun. She wasn’t planning on getting as drunk as most people at this party though, so after a few cocktails she decided to switch to soft drinks.

 

“Okay” Baekhyun smiled, setting down his drink. “You ready to dance now?”

 

Els smiled back at him and happily took his outstretched hand.

 

Standing upright so suddenly, she felt the effect of the little amount of alcohol in her system for a moment, but then it vanished again so she simply followed Baekhyun onto the dance floor and started moving to the songs.

 

She was surprised to find the music at the party actually not all that terrible. One moment she was swaying her hips around and the next she was jumping up and down and Baekhyun was just amazing. Unlike most other boys would subconsciously do, Baekhyun didn’t make her feel uncomfortable whatsoever. She really felt like she could just be herself around him and that was helping her get into the music a lot more too. She wasn’t even fazed in the slightest when the boy’s hands came to rest on her hips as they danced together; on the contrary, it felt rather nice.

 

She let Baekhyun lead the both of them as they danced together to the music. She looked up at him and found him smiling at her. She returned the smile as she felt him pull her a little closer. She could feel his breath softly against her neck now as Baekhyun made them spin around on the dance floor. She let out a chuckle at the spinny dance move he was making them do before she felt Baekhyun putting the both of them to a halt.

 

“You’re beautiful” He breathed as he slowly leaned his forehead into hers. She managed to look up at him for another split second, before Baekhyun closed the gap between them and kissed her.

 

The kiss had taken her by surprise a little however after a second or two she responded to him, her hands coming to cling at the sides of his shirt. Just as Baekhyun moved to deepen the kiss though, Els felt him being harshly ripped away from her. She couldn’t believe what she saw then. Her mind couldn’t process it. Kyuhyun was here. Kyuhyun had just grabbed Baekhyun and pushed him into a crowd of drunken college students and now he was facing her, looking furious.

 

“Kyuhyun what the-” She started but she was cut off as his hand grabbed her wrist and he started yanking her towards the exit. He didn’t let go of her even when they got outside. It was well into the night by now and the cold air stung her skin. Everything was happening way too fast and she was so freaking confused. She tried to pull herself free from Kyuhyun’s grasp but that only made him hold onto her tighter.

 

“What the hell is wrong with you?!” She yelled at him, trying to get him to come to his senses. She thought she’d gotten through to him at first because he’d come to a stop but the next moment he pulled her close and continuingly pressed her into the brick wall of the club, trapping her.

 

“I love you” He breathed out in exasperation. “I love you and you can’t do this!” His strained voice called again and the next moment he cupped her face in his both hands and pressed his lips against hers. 

 

This kiss was like nothing she’d ever experienced before. Her insides were turning in the most wonderful way possible and despite the cold; she felt her whole body heating up. She finally felt him close in the way that she’d always wanted. Her mind wasn’t processing everything that was going on but in that moment, she couldn’t care less.

 

He kept his lips to hers for a little while longer before very slowly pulling away. He looked her in the eyes, running his thumb softly across her cheek and spoke.

 

“You can’t like Baekhyun, okay.” He sighed, his eyes wide, making him look strangely adorable. “You just can’t okay.”

 

Els didn’t even think before answering “I don’t”

 

His face turned to a frown. “Then why were you making out with him in there?”

 

“Because you were dating every single girl on the planet apart from me!” She said, dumbfounded that he hadn’t figured that out yet.

 

It was silent for a little and Kyuhyun was avoiding her gaze. “I guess you make a point” He said quietly after a while, running a hand through his hair. Els couldn’t help but smile a little at how at a loss for words her usually smug friend was.

 

“In my defense though” He started then, looking her in the eyes again. “Asking other girls out was easy because I didn’t really care about them anyways. Asking you out? You have no idea.” He sighed to himself. “Asking you out has been the main thing on my mind for years. It’s the thing I’ve simultaneously wanted and feared the most. Do you realize how terrified I’ve been of ruining our relationship with a stupid question like that? What if you would’ve said no?”

 

Els couldn’t believe what she was hearing. She’d always thought Kyuhyun was so confident, especially in the dating department. She groaned and grabbed him by the collar. “Why on earth would I have said no?” She looked up at him to find him grinning once again.

 

“So you love me?” He asked.

 

“Maybe I do.” She answered, returning his cheeky smile.

 

“Hmm… good enough. So I can kiss you now?”

 

“You most definitely can.”

 

He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into another kiss, this one lasting longer that the first, before taking her home and cuddling in bed until morning came.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

That's it ^^ I hope you liked it.

It's kind of ridiculous how difficult this was to write haha XD Romance stories as so freaking hard not to make cheesy!!

Ok, tell me what you think!

Bye ♥