Chapter Thirty.

Dragon's Mark

The media was in frenzy as news of Chairman Lee’s death hit the news wave. The car accident EXO set up was the perfect cover-up for his death.

The news of his granddaughter being alive caused even more ruckus and the Lee name jetsoar within the last 24 hours. Apparently Kris was right, he was good at damage control. Nothing about a bomb explosion, a building burning down or secret Underground assassins reached the media. 

Sarang, who was just proclaimed alive by the media, was seated on the couch in EXOM’s mansion. Her head was leaning cozily against a certain Dragon’s shoulder as he played with strands of her hair.

Lay had patched up Sarang’s wound. Apparently he wasn’t just good with computers, he was also a healer. Sure there was still the slight sting whenever she moved, but it was bearable.

Lay was seated in the arm chair next to the couch, his attention flickering between the flashing images on the television and the couple seated diagonal to him.

“I still can’t believe you pulled a stunt like that. Do you know what would had happened if we never showed up?” He questioned still slightly upset by her rash actions.

“Yes, in fact I do know,” She responded snickering at the two, “I would had taken care of it, quietly and quickly, there would be no bombs being blown, people getting shot, no big dramatic entrances. However, you guys just had to come rolling in causing such ruckus.” She complained.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, keep telling yourself that.” Kris interjected.

“At least EXOK found us, thank goodness I messaged Suho before we left or lord knows what would have happened.”

“Where is Luhan?” She asked searching for her friend who had disappeared for a while now. He had left that morning in an anxious mood.

“Why are you asking about Luhan. You really shouldn’t. You know Kris is the jealous type.” Lay pointed out matter-of-factly.

“Go away.” Kris hissed just wanting to be alone with Sarang.

“Fine, fine. Geez.” Lay complained but followed orders and left the two alone. Sarang didn’t say anything but she knew Lay was actually relieved about leaving the two alone.

After he left a moment of silence followed as the two stared at the screen of the television. A female anchor was talking about the assets of Lee Corp and what was to happen now.

“What are you thinking about?” Kris asked wanting to know what was going on in that thick head of hers.

Sarang exhaled deeply before answering, “What is going to happen now?” She questioned. Her voice was soft and gentle.

“Well, you are the next heir to Lee Corp so-”

“Lee Corp is yours.” She cut in. She remembered telling him that everything would be given to him. Sarang didn’t want Lee Corp. She never did, she didn’t want the power, she didn’t want to be CEO, and she didn’t want to be part of Seoul’s flashy upper class.

“Yeah, but that was when we were still engaged.” He reminded bringing up the fact that they were no longer engaged.

“Unless,” She began and he knew what she was suggesting.

“You want us to get engaged…again.” He finished and she nodded excitedly like a little kid whose idea just got approved by the teacher.

Kris just stared at her with questioning eyes. The first time they were engaged wasn’t actually ideal. Their first engagement wasn’t how most girls would prefer. He assumed Sarang wanted the classic engagement and the fairy tale wedding.

He also knew that Sarang never asked for much. Sarang never puts up high standards and pleasing her was so easy to do. He knew Sarang wouldn’t say anything with a crappy engagement and crappier wedding, but still, she deserved the best.

“What you don’t want to get engage to me?” She joked laughing lightly but he could tell his reluctance to answer was making her second guess her suggestion. He didn’t want her to think he didn’t want her. Because he did, he wanted her so badly.

“I’m not the best fiancée.” He pointed out and she responded by laughing. Gosh he could get use to her beautiful laugh.

“Yeah, I’ve noticed.”

“I mess up, I don’t always make the best decisions, I can be rash and stupid. I’m not perfect.” He stated and both knew these traits were true. They had both seen Kris in action and both knew he was anything but perfect.

He wasn’t perfect. It’s okay, neither was she.

“I’m not looking for perfection. I never wanted perfection, perfection scares me. I just want someone who is like me. I want someone with flaws, someone who’s damaged, and someone who’s seen pain and lived with death. I want someone who’s still trying even after all the bull they’ve been put through.” She revealed shifting her head away from his shoulder.

“Do you want to be married to me for the rest of your life?” He asked hesitantly. He watched her reaction carefully because honestly he was scared of her response.

He was expecting her to think over her decisions before she answered. He was waiting for her to sort out her thoughts and organize the different roads she could take. What he wasn’t expecting was for her to turn her shoulder, look him in the eye and answered confidently like his question was the most basic thing in the whole entire world.

“Yes.”

A smile unconsciously lifted onto his face.

“Do you want to be married to me for the rest of your life?” She asked this time. Kris could tell she was waiting for a positive answer. Sarang has had too many let downs and broken promises in the past and this time he wasn’t going to disappoint her, not anymore.

She shrieked when he reach over and coiled his arms around her thin waist. He pulled her over so that she was sitting on his lap and his arms were wrapped about her.

“Absolutely,” He whispered in her ear and that one word was all the reassurance she needed.

“You know this isn’t how most people get engage.” She pointed out. This was anything but typical, but she didn’t care. Nothing in her life had ever been common, and she’s learned to live as is.

“We’re not most people.” He reminded, brushing his fingers through her soft hair. He waited for her to say something but she never did. “I’ll make it right this time.” He mumbled.

“What do you mean?”

“I’ll get you a ring like how a proper fiancée should, and I’ll get on one knee-“

“Really? Now you’re being ridiculous, what happened to ‘we’re not most people’ huh?” Sarang commented because she knew that Kris was never the mushy type. She wasn’t entirely either. She couldn’t imagine the big bad Dragon being all romantic.

He ignored her comment and continued, “And for the wedding we can have the cake we picked that one time, and I’ll actually help you find a wedding dress, but it doesn’t matter because you’ll look beautiful in anything. I’ll even put up with the members' never ending whining when we pick out suits even though we already did the first time.” He commented and Sarang smiled remembering the bickering between the members when they were picking out suits the first time.

“This time the only people there will be people who actually really matter to us, not strangers, not business partners, not investors, but people who really care...”

Sarang listened to him go on about the flowers, table settings, decorations, and food, and he sounded so hopeless because he didn’t know about weddings. She smiled because she was not surprised at all that he knew .

“Oh, and this time, I promise I’ll show up to the wedding, that way you won’t have to shoot anyone with a stun gun.” He added lightly but he knew his words had a deep impact on her. He wasn’t going to mess up like last time. He was doing it right now. “And I’ll marry you the right way, minus the romantically mushy, and overly cheesy vows because I don’t you that, and I know you don’t either.” He voiced kissing Sarang’s exposed shoulder.

“And I’ll kiss you for the first time as bride and groom.” He stated adding another kiss to her shoulder. “And we’re have out first dance to the same song your parents danced to” He added kissing up from her shoulder and into the dip of her collarbones.

“How do you know about that?” She voiced out when she realized she never told him about her parent’s song.

He smirked against her skin kissing the base of her neck, “Luhan told.” He answered biting a delicate patch of skin on her neck causing Sarang to gasp. She shifted her position in his lap so she was on top of him with a leg on either side of him.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned in towards him, “Thank you.” She mumbled against his lips before gently pressing her lips to him because that was what they both needed. Her lips danced against his before she quickly pulled away to add a quick side comment.  

“Oh, and that speech you just gave me was totally romantically mushy, and overly cheesy, just so you know.”

“No it wasn’t.”

“Yes it was.”

“Sarang, why do you like arguing with me so much?” He asked but she never had time to answer because his lips were pressed against hers in the next second. He could feel her smiling against his lips. She leaned in closer and tangled her fingers in his hair. The fire ignited them both and their breathing was heavy and their hands were dancing against each other’s bodies until they think they’re lost in one another.

“Oh my gosh, this is Rated R!” Chen’s booming voice broke them apart. The male stood in the entrance of the room, his eyes the size of golf balls. “Can’t you two do that in a room, I mean we have plenty of those. Jesus!” He whined, his voice echoing throughout the whole house.

“Shut up Chen!” Tao shouted from some other random room. The only thing Sarang could do was laugh because even though she knew things were going to be difficult, everything just felt so right, that was all she needed.

-------

 

 

Wow. I guess that's all I can say after wrapping everything up. It's sort of bittersweet for me because this story has become my baby, but I hate being those authors who start a story and never finish. First of all, thankyouthankyouthankyou to all the readers who supported this story and upvoted. You guys gave me so much energy to write and you experienced the whole Kris&Sarang turmoil with me. There were times when I wanted to rip my hair out, times when I cried, times when I laughed, and its been a crazy rollercoaster writing this story.

If you are curious about what's going to happen between these two idiots, don't forget to check out The Queen of Hearts (Okay, now I'm just advertising) because there will be small snippets.

Once again thank you everybody who read this fic, and I guess that's a wrap.