Chapter Three.

Dragon's Mark
His eyebrows furrowed as he glanced from his double-barrel shotgun to the target up ahead. He had hit every mark perfectly. As usual. 
 
"Mind telling me what she said that has you so wired up." Tao's voice broke him from his trance. Kris turned around to face his best friend. 
 
"A proposition. Basically a marriage contract without the actual document." He responded.
 
Tao furrowed his brows, not getting why Kris was so upset over this. "Well isn't this what you wanted. It's not like you actually like her. I mean, she's hot and all, but you and marriage aren't exactly buddy-buddy, especially since you know nothing about her." 
 
"I know that." Kris hissed, irritated by the whole situation. 
 
"Then what is it?" 
 
"She's boring. Like a robot boring." 
 
Tao grinned, now it made sense. Kris was the type of guy who lived for the next adrenaline rush. He was always on the move, climbing his way to the top and keeping his spot there. He didn't spare one minute wasting away in boredom. 
 
"Trust me gege, Sarang is anything but boring. From what I've seen, it seems like you finally met your match." 
 
Kris hissed at the thought. The female version of himself? Well that was bond to be one messed up person. 
 
"Come on, you forgot that you have to be at some sort of business function this afternoon." Tao reminded. Kris groaned. A boring business event which he probably wouldn't pay the slightest to. It was just icing on a cake. 
 
"Come on, your father insists you be there." 
 
------- 
 
"Your grandfather insists that you be here miss." Her grandfather's assistant told her. Sarang nodded, feeling annoyed and bored. The assistant walked away leaving her alone. 
 
She felt still as the whole world moved around her. She sighed, staring down at the drink in her hand before gulping it, not bothering to remind herself it was barely past two in the afternoon. 
 
Sarang wasn't used to these events. Sarang wasn't used to being in the public eye. Her whole life she had grew up in the shadows. Despite her high social ranking, Sarang was a mystery to the media and society. 
 
"Guess I'm not the only one whose forced to be here." She heard someone mumbled behind her. She didn't need to turn around to know who it was. 
 
"What are you doing here?" Her voice came off bored and harsh. Kris stepped closer so he was standing directly in front of her. She could feel his eyes on her, examining every inch of her. This made her feel self conscious, but she wasn't going to tell him that. 
 
"Got dragged here by father." He grumbled. Sarang had met Chairman Wu. He was after all, her future father-in-law. The Chairman came off as rather cold and distant. Business was his forte. Family, friends, love, those were all second thoughts in his mind. Sarang knew men like the Chairman, she grew up surrounded by those men. 
 
Turning her heels, she sighed before deciding that she didn't want to be here. Ignoring the man standing beside her she walked away, and out the building. 
 
Screw her grandfather, if he wanted her to be there, he should had said so instead of making his assistant tell her. Stepping onto the sidewalk she walked away with no particular direction or destination in hand. 
 
Thoughts collided together, merging and clashing in her head. She needed to work faster or she would lose her golden opportunity. Her thoughts fumbled back to EXO. She knew that the golden opportunity was now. She had to find them. It was now or never. 
 
"Where are you going?" Kris called from behind her. Her steps slowed down upon realizing she was being followed.  
 
She hissed, she didn’t want to be followed, especially when Kris is the one following her. Rotating around she stumbled back, startled at how close he was standing to her. She could feel his breath on her skin and it made her insides tingle. She could feel his eyes staring down at her, and hated how that made her insides jump.  
 
She took note of his tall height and how that black Armani suit he had on fitted him so well. The man was fitted to be a model, and for a second there she wished he wasn’t so god damn handsome. 
 
“Why are you following me?” She snapped at him. Due to the height difference she was forced to pull her neck up to look him in the eye. Sarang grew up believing that you had to look people in the eye when you talked to them. That way you can tell what was really going on in their heads. Kris Wu however contradicted all that. His poker face was damn good.  
 
“What the hell makes you think I want to be there any more than you?” He rebutted dryly running his fingers through his hair. Her eyes followed his fingers as he ran them through his now short black locks which was styled up. 
 
“Your hair looked better when it was blonde.” She announced quietly. She noticed how he narrowed his eyes at her like she had grown an third eye or something. Unexpectedly a grin appeared on his handsome face. 
 
“Shut up.” She snapped, already knowing what was going through his mind. She turned her heels and began marching away, not the slightest bit shock when he continued to follow her. “Aren’t you going back?” 
 
“Why would I go back when I can stay here and annoy you.” He stated with amusement in his tone.  
 
“Hate to break it to you, but I have places to be, none of which require you being there.” She snorted.    
 
“As if I haven’t already realized that.” He responded. He was no fool. He knew she didn’t want him to be here, which was precisely the reason why he was here. To get on her nerves.  
 
“What is it that you want?”  
 
“I want to see what makes those iron locks of yours shake.” He replied casually. She hissed, he was using her own words against hers. Of course he would. He was testing her. He was trying to see what made Lee Sarang break and fall.  
 
“God dammit, what the hell did I do to get stuck with you?” She snapped.  
 
“I was asking myself the same question.”  
------ 
 
“Where the hell are you?” Tao yelled through the phone. Kris exhaled deeply, knowing that his best friend was two minutes away from throwing a fit.  
“I’m on a walk.” He answered nonchalantly as he watched Sarang step into a small bakery. 
 
“And why the hell are you there instead of being at the business function.” Tao hissed. Kris almost regretted asking Tao to work with him at Wu Corp. If he knew the kid was going to have a fit every five minutes, he would had offer the job to someone else. Then again, Tao was his best friend, and it was easier to manage EXO business with Tao.  
 
“I’m following her.” He answered. Silence. Surprisingly he was met with silence until he heard his friend heave a sigh. 
 
“Are you still on this game of yours. Trying to piece together the puzzle that is Lee Sarang. Give it up gege. The woman wants nothing to do with you. Isn’t it better that way, for both you and EXO, and more importantly, for her.” Tao reminded. Kris knew that Sarang would be in great danger if she was married to him. He was the freaking Dragon after all. If anyone knew his true identity, Sarang would become bait for the entire underground world.  
 
“Just remember to keep your head on straight.” Tao mumbled before hanging up.  
 
“Eat.” Sarang stated. He was caught off guard. He didn’t hear her approach, he didn’t even realize she had left the café. Why did he feel that the woman was the type to appear out of thin air? Maybe it was because she was. He wouldn’t be surprise if trying to catch Sarang was like catching air.  
 
She placed a plate with three different kind of cake slices on the bench next to him, a fork was placed next to it. He looked up to her, confused by her request. In her hand laid another plate with the same type of cake pieces. 
 
“Wedding cake selection.” She declared as she stood there, staring at him blankly.  
 
“So you pick now as the best time to pick out our wedding cake.” He mused. Her eyes snapped open.  
 
“I’m sorry, but if you insist on following me I suggest we do something proactive with our time. So eat.” She hissed heatedly. “I’m not letting some stupid wedding planner sketch out and map my wedding like it’s some sort of show and tell project.” She griped.  
 
Her words caught him off guard. For a second there she seemed like the type of person who was ready to kick any body who got in the way of her and her wedding. The correct terminology for that was Bridezilla.  
 
So who was the true Lee Sarang. The crazy Bride-to-be, the cold-hearted robot, or the witty heiress who threw one hell of a punch. 
 
“You don’t seem like the type to worry about wedding cakes.” He commented bluntly. He had concluded that this girl didn't give a damn for these types of events, especially one she was dreading. She didn’t give a reaction. She just looked at him with empty eyes before taking a bite from one of the cakes.  
 
“I’m not.” She answered.  
 
“Then why are you doing this?” He asked as he decided to sample the cakes. 
 
“Because it’s a distraction.” She stated. The way she said it made it seem like she was trying to suppress a dark and haunting memory. She stepped forward, closer to him. Because he was sitting down she had to lean forward, before she brought her thumb up and wiped it across his lower lip where a tiny bit of frosting from one of the cakes had smudge.  
 
She brought her thumb up to her lips before tasting the frosting. “I like this one the best.” She said.  
 
“So do I.” he agreed.  
 
Her brown eyes narrowed at him before stepping back.  
 
“You should go back.” She requested.  
 
“Why would I do that?” He questioned.  
 
“Because your friends are waiting for you.” She said before pointing to the black SUV parked halfway down the block. It had parked there precisely four minutes ago. He didn’t need to look to understand what she was saying. He knew that the car was Lay’s. The question was how she knew that. He hadn't said anything. It was as if she knew they were being watched. 
 
“You’re just full of surprises aren’t you.” He declared, standing up from the bench. Now he towered over her small frame, but that didn’t stop her from staying put in her position and looking him dead in the eye.  
 
“I don’t like being watched.” She revealed. He could tell she was upset with the fact that his friends were watching over the two.  
 
“Neither do I.”  
 
“Then tell them to get a life.” She snapped.  
 
“Oh, they do have a life. Trust me.” They lie, rob, ambush, and kill in their free time.  He added as a side note, it was better not to tell her that. The less she knew, the better. The real question was; what did she already know.