Chapter Two.

Dragon's Mark

 

"We're late." Kris groaned. He hated being late. They were currently driving to the Lee Estate. 

"Yeah, yeah, we can tell by how fast you're driving." Tao complained from the back seat. The Leader was driving like they were running from a soul black hole. Honestly, they were all use to Kris's style of driving. It was quite useful in sticky situations. 

Kris took a rapid turn at a corner and cut in front of a mini van that an old grandma was driving. He swore that a snail moved faster. 

"Slap me, but...are you nervous?" Luhan questioned from the passenger seat. Kris threw him a sharp glare. Kris Wu didn't get nervous.  

"Of course he's nervous. He's meeting his fiancée tonight." Tao reminded knowing that he was going to get his whoop by the Dragon later. 

"Shut up." Kris groaned through gritted teeth. He didn't need these two hooligans drilling at his nerves tonight. 

"Well if you want," Tao insisted pulling out his laptop which was under the seat, "I can always look at her profile." Tao knew his ways around computers. He wasn't as good at hacking as Lay, but he knew enough to peek inside classified government files. 

"Don't." Kris warned. He didn't want to know a thing about the woman. She was probably some struck up, spoil brat. If it wasn't for the fact that marrying her would connect trading ties between China and Korea for Wu Corp. he wouldn't be here. Marriage was something he never planned. And he wasn't looking forward to it either. 

He didn't realize how deep he was in his thoughts until Luhan practically punched him. He was punched back to reality. He hit the brakes, the car coming to a speedy stop. He felt the air evaporate from his lungs as the car stopped. 

He looked up to find a woman standing merely a few inches from his car. She was five inches short from becoming road kill. 

"What the hell." He hissed as he pushed the door open and stepped out. Was she crazy, what the hell was she doing, trying to get herself killed? Luhan and Tao remain in the car and watched Kris march up to the woman. 

Even in the dim lighting they could figure one thing out. She was hot. Insanely gorgeous, and if they didn't just almost run her over, they would already be hitting on her.

"Impossible." Tao mumbled under his breath catching Luhan's attention. The older male turned back, "What?"

When Kris was in cloud nine he did some searching. He had looked up Lee Sarang. He wanted to know something about the woman his best friend was marrying. 

Tao looked up from his lap top and stared at the woman who was now yelling at Kris, just outside the car. Tao had perfect eye sight, and it was perfect, he was a sniper after all. He was unmistakably looking at the future wife of the Dragon. Then it hit him. They were five inches away from running her over. He was then hit with a second blast. Kris has no idea that the woman he had almost ran over was his future wife. 

By the looks of the situation, it wasn't looking pretty. The two were shooting lasers at each other and were in a heated debate. Nobody really argued with Kris. Nobody had the nerves to, except for her. He smirked, this gotta be interesting. 

"That's his fiancée." He finally answered Luhan's question. He could see the bright smile appeared on Luhan's decievingly innocent face. 

-----

The ballroom of the Lee Estate was filled with laughter and talk. It was a mixture of voices speaking in colorful languages. This was Seoul's upper class.

Kris gazed around the room, not impressed by anything that was happening.

He was still pissed off about what happened earlier. He felt offended and humiliated. And neither of those two feelings were allow to linger in his vocabulary.

He still remembered her. The woman he almost ran over. After he stepped out of the car and snapped at her, he expected her to simply apologize. What he wasn't expecting was for her to fire back with a force so strong, it seem like she was storming into battle with the demons of Hell beside her.

"You look like you want to kill everybody in this room." Tao commented as he and Luhan magically appeared next to him. Both males noticed the Leader's tense shoulders and how he was already drinking his night away.

"I'm just pissed off." He stated. He noticed Luhan and Tao throw curious glances at each other. Instantly he knew they were hiding something from him. The question was what?

"Spill it." He ordered sternly eying the two. Whatever it was he would find out anyways, he usually always did.

"Strongest thing you have Ben." The familiar voice. The sweet undertone of her voice was visible through the dry, harsh tone she presented to the world. Her voice was delicately laced in poison and caked in layers upon layers of walls.

There stood a woman, leaning against the bar counter. Long wavy ebony hair, porcelain skin, lean body with all the right curves. Her cherry mouth was tug into a frown of boredom. Her large brown eyes were casted down as her fingers traced the counter top in front of her. She was wrapped in a elegantly plain red dress with a sweetheart neckline, the fabric of the dress beautifully draped down to the ground. No diamonds or jewels adored her body. She was beautiful, none could deny that fact, but there was a shadow that followed her. A dark cloud with intentions to kill, she looked like a mystery that no one would dare to solve.

What really caught his attention was that it was the same woman he nearly killed. She was the woman who dared rebutted back to him. Here she was, standing two meters away from him.

Abandoning the previous question he had just asked his friends, he marched up to her. After she snapped at him she had stomp off, leaving him in utter shock.

"What do you want?" She snapped the second he reached her. He picked up the glass of liquor in front of her, which was meant for her to drink, and he engulf it in one shot.

"An apology."

"What?"

"Apologize to me."

She scoffed, running her fingers through her hair, she huffed out air. "The last time I check, you were the one who almost hit me. Shouldn't it be the other way around. You apologize to me." She answered coldly. She didn't seem intimidated by him. Such a shame, because she should. Kris Wu could snap his fingers and set forth the next World War.

He stared at the woman, trying to read her. She emitted nothing but frustration and boredom. He was instantly intrigue by her. She was blunt and she simply wasn't going to be pushed over.

"What's your name?" He asked. He noticed how her brows arched at the question. A twisted grin appeared on her pretty face.

"Why so curious Kris?" She rebutted. Clearly she knew who he was. He was Kris Wu after all. He was the future CEO of Wu Corp, one of the most successful companies in China.

Before he could snap back at her the lights in the room dim, a spotlight centered around the stage on the other side of the ballroom. Out step Chairmen Lee. The man was already in his mid-sixties. His body was crippled and old. But everybody in the room knew that the Chairman was one thing, he was power. It was the same power they all desired to achieve.

Kris's attention wavered between the Chairman as he began his speech, and the woman standing beside him. Unlike the rest of the room, she wasn't paying the slightest attention to the Chairman. He could tell as she gulp down as much liquor as she could from the bar. He didn't want to make a scene so he reframed himself from talking to her.

"...And now, I would like to present to you all, my one and only granddaughter, Lee Sarang." He announced. Kris felt his breath get caught in his throat. Stepping out from the crowd and stepping on stage was his future bride.

He felt like he had been push down a cliff with no safety net to break his fall when he realized who it was. He didn't even see her leave his side, nor make her way across the room. But there she stood, underneath the spotlight with her grandfather, Lee Sarang. The woman he almost killed.

She stopped next to her grandfather and turned to the audience. His eyes connected with hers and he could see the mischievous glint in her eyes. A smug smirk appeared on her pretty face as she looked him dead in the eye.

Realization hit him. She knew who he was all along. She knew he was her fiancée. She knew he was Kris Wu, but she didn't give a . The woman was reckless and too fearless for her own good.

His attention turned to his two friends. Tao and Luhan had knowing smirks on their faces. The two hooligans knew who she was all along.

Yep. He was going to kill those two. He should had brought Lay and Chen instead.

-----

Of course she knew who Kris Wu was. How could she not. He was only the hottest thing on this planet.

Kris Wu was rich, young, successful, smart, and handsome. She scoffed at the thought. Kris came off as being perfect. This made her curious. She wanted to dive down into his life. Dig up every detail of his world and find all the imperfections in this man's life. This thought scared her.

She was seated comfortably in a quiet corner of her favorite cafe. Her fingers delicately danced around the brim of the cup of tea in front of her.

So many thoughts were running through her mind at this point. Her grandfather, Lee Corp., EXO, and mainly him. Kris.

The chair in front of her was pulled and someone sat down in front of her. She didn't bother looking up. She knew who it was. She could feel his aura in the air. Strong, masculine, alluring, dangerous.

"Why'd you request to meet me. I'm a busy man." He went straight to the point. There was no chit chat, no 'how do you like the weather' talk.

"I take it you have no intentions on carrying out this circus of a mess our families have set up for us." She responded. She knew she had his full attention the second she spilled those words.

"What were you thinking?" He questioned warily. Yes, it was true they didn't have a good first meeting, or a good second, but they had one thing in common. Neither wanted to be tie down, especially to each other.

"A true-and-blue arranged marriage. A set of rule which will be followed with no objections, privacy for the other partner to go on with their lives, and no intentions of possibly having any sort of romantic feelings for the other. This will last for 20 months, afterwards you take what you sow and we file a divorce."

Kris almost cringed at how robotic she sounded. He expected a stubborn brat for a wife. What he got was even worst. At least a brat could entertain him. Sarang was too detached from the rest of the world. The woman seemed too busy with her own vendetta to stop and live. She was simply boring. Kris despised boring.

"This sounds...boring." He answered honestly. He expected her to make some sort of come back, and she did.

"What? Were you expecting a honeymoon in Paris, four course home cooking, and morning ?"

He chuckled at her bluntness. "Not the honeymoon or the four course home cooking part, the morning however-"

"I'm being serious." She cut him off. How could this woman be the same one from yesterday. The one throwing witty remarks to annoy him. How did she suddenly turn into this robot within the short time span of 12 hours?

He had to admit though, he like the person sitting across from him. She was confident and level-headed. He found nothing ier than a confident woman who knew what she wanted. The fact that Sarang was gorgeous was just added bonus.

"Why didn't you say anything?" He asked. She tilted her head, confused by his remark.

"You knew who I was, yet said nothing. Why is that?" He clarified. He watched as a twisted grin appeared on her face. He was reminded of the woman from yesterday. The minx who wasn't scare to insult him.

"Having you almost hit me was a pure coincidence, believe me. I just wanted to see what makes those iron locks of yours shake. And apparently people with no regards to your social standing really bugs you." She commented with curiosity in her voice. Her voice was light as a blade and deadly sharp.

"No, just people who give no respect." He corrected, he was unintentionally insulting her.

She huffed, knowing they were getting off track. She could feel the anger inside her begin to boil. She couldn't allow for that. She couldn't allow for this man to take control of her feelings.

"What do you say to my proposition?"

"I say we give it a try. With a few changes of course."

"Such as?"

"Why 20 months?" He was referring to what she mentioned earlier. After 20 months they would divorce.

"Because in 19 and a half months, my grandfather will relinquish everything in Lee Corp. to me, or more specially you, my husband." She explained. He liked this even more. Lee Corp. was one of the most powerful companies in Korea. To control born business in China and Korea was a major plus to him.

"If I get everything under Lee Corp. what about you?"

"You don't need to worry about that." She replied dryly.

A satisfied smirk appearred on his face. He stood up from his seat, his eyes glued on her. "We have a deal."

Kris knew in the back of his head that this marriage wasn't going to work. The two were too much alike. Both were the same sides of one coin. If they were ever to clash, the result would be deadly. It would be two hurricanes colliding with each other. Neither of them would back down or lay down their arms.

Right now he didn't care. Right now he found something more intriguing than both money and power.

"Lee Sarang." He mumbled while walking to his car. He liked the way her name sounded. The woman was now the main source of his curiosity.

-----