Chapter Twenty Four.

Dragon's Mark

“He’s gone.” Xiumin exclaimed through the intercom. He searched every corner of the room; papers were thrown everywhere, broken shards from vases splattered on the ground. Books fell randomly throughout the room. In general the room looked like a mess.

“He must know we’re after him, but why is he running. I thought the old man would look us dead in the eye and declare war.” Tao commented and he knew everyone else was thinking the same. Outside the building Lay and Chen looked through the jungle of a mess of clues, trying to track the location of the Chairman.

“Keep looking, he must have something planned for us. His plan with Sarang failed and he knows he only pissed us off.” Luhan hissed angrily wanting to skin the man inch by inch for what he did to his granddaughter. Sarang was the Chairman’s own flesh and blood!

He was standing outside the building making sure no one was tracking them while Xiumin and Tao searched one of Chairman Lee’s offices. Lay and Chen were in an unmarked van parked down the street.

“Oh, I’m going to skin him.” Luhan snarled. 

“Found something.” Xiumin shouted and caught everyone’s attention.

“What?” The other heard Tao say through the intercom followed by the rustling of papers. “He tried burning these.” Tao asked, Xiumin shook his head as he tried to decipher that the partially burnt papers were.

“Burned what?” Chen asked, annoyed because Xiumin and Tao weren’t telling them what was going on.

“I don’t get why he would though.” Xiumin commented and Tao sighed deeply.

Luhan rolled his eyes and snapped at the two, “What? Burn what?” He hissed.

“Don’t tie your in a bunch Luhan, it’s just some documents that the Chairmen tried to burn. It doesn’t look lik-” Tao paused before he finished leaving Luhan even more annoyed.

“What the hell.” Xiumin mumbled in disbelief. “This isn’t possible.”

“What’s not possible? Good god, don’t make me come up there myself.” Chen scolded.

“We have to get back to Sarang right away.”

-----

Sarang couldn’t remember the last time she slept so well. It felt like years since she slept in peace, and the new feeling was refreshing.

The last thing she remembered before falling asleep was Kris’s face as he tucked her in. Yes, she did question the drastic personality change, but she also liked this one better. He wasn’t trying to kill her, he wasn’t giving her the cold shoulder, he was actually trying to work things out. That was all she wanted.

 She stepped out the bed, letting the cool morning air crash against the skin. She shivered before grabbing her sweater on the nightstand.

She walked out of bed and stepped out the room. The second she closed her bedroom door and took a step she knew something was wrong.

Intuition was her best friend sometimes, and though her intuition hasn’t the keenest lately she could tell something was terribly wrong. She listened to the silence engulfing the house and questioned why it was so quiet. The rest of the guys should be back by now.

She made her way to the end of the hallway leading down a flight of stairs leading to the living area. She could hear soft whispers confirming that the rest of the guys returned. She turned around and walked back down the hallway which connected to another hallway which led to a large study area which was then connected to another flight of stairs which lead to the kitchen. Give it to EXOM for buying a mansion with so many elaborate hallways and staircases.

Almost invisibly she made her way down the stairs knowing all too well the kitchen would be abandon. She was right because when she stepped into the kitchen no one was there. She grabbed a bright red apple laying in one of the bowls along with other fruits. She took a bite from the juicy fruit as she stepped closer to the corridor leading to the living area.

She knew from the hushing that this was a private conversation, one she wasn’t supposed to hear. But typical Sarang hated listening to the rules that others set up for her.

She pressed her ear against the door and cursed herself for acting like a teenage girl trying to eavesdrop on her parent’s conversation. She took another bite from the apple and wondered what was so secretive.  

“Sarang doesn’t know about this and I can’t see why she needs to.” Tao insisted his voice a tad bit louder and she could tell from his voice that he was tired. Knowing them they must’ve stayed up the whole night while she slept away oblivious to everything going on.

“Well for one, it’s her family. It’s her parents.” Luhan rebutted and Sarang pressed her ears closer to the door to make sure she was hearing right. Why the hell would they be talking about her parents? According to what she assumed, or what Luhan told her, her parents were a taboo topic. No one ever mentioned then, or at least they never did. That was before meeting her.

“That’s what I’m scared of. Right now when she’s in the mental state she’s in, maybe it’s better to not tell her. At least for the time being.” Lay stated calmly. Sarang huffed angrily. Great, they were still keeping secrets from her. The secrets she was fine with, but secrets about her parents, no way in hell.

“Can you guys shut up and let me think.” Kris cut in and it was obvious he was going through a crisis right now. He sounded tired and worn out. He wasn’t like this when he tucked her in last night. What happened while she was asleep?

“You know she will find out one day, and isn’t it better for find out from us than it is from someone else.” Luhan added trying to state his point. Thank god someone was trying to let her know the truth. She silently thanked Luhan for that.

“And what, do you think it matters who tells her. She’ll have the same reaction rather we’re the ones telling her or if a stranger is telling her.” Kris pointed out. “What would you do Luhan?” Kris tested. Luhan’s silence answered his question.

Sarang tucked a strand of loose hair behind her ear and stepped forward to push the door open and demand for them to tell her what the hell they were refusing to tell her.

Before she could though the door flipped open causing her to tumble forward into someone’s chest, she felt his arms encircle around her waist,“Come on, let’s talk. I’m sure you heard already.” Kris declared.

He sounded cold and distant but when she looked up to his face she could tell he was trying not to laugh at her clumsiness. That caused a small smile to lift up on her face before he wrapped her wrist and pulled her away.

He took her outside to one of the balcony overlooking the Han River. The last time she was here Luhan kissed her, she blocked that image from her mind because she knew her friend only kissed her to make her realize the feelings she had for the man standing next to her right now.

“Tell me already.” She requested bluntly. She had been hit with enough curve balls, one too many tornados and struck by lightning too many times to be shock by whatever they discovered. Right?

“Sarang,” he began hesitantly, sounding so insecure. What was going on? “What I’m about to tell you, it’s going to make you mad, no, furious.” He warned.

“Kris,” She cut in stepping closer to him, “After everything I’ve learn, I think I’m prepared for whatever bombshell you have.” She replied but the way his thick brows furrowed didn’t help her cause. Really, what could be so horrible?

“Your grandfather has some information on us, it was from ten years ago and we were so sure no more evidence exist, but apparently we were wrong. He was going to use it against us, or at least me, but he decided to burn the papers. ” He revealed not quite spilling everything to her at once but giving her bit by bit. Sarang didn’t like this, she just wanted the cold hard truth, not him beating around the bush.

“You know I’m not the best person. I’m a sinner.”

“Aren’t we all?” She countered softly as doubt began to enter her. It was bad, really bad.

 “If you’re mad, and I know you will be, walk away from me. Walk away from me and this time I’ll let you decide if you want to be with me or now. I’m not perfect, I’ve ed up way too many times for you to keep coming back, but you always do.  It’s because it’s you Lee Sarang. It’s always been you.” He said lovingly. His words were sincere and gentle laced with fear. She tried understanding why she heard fear but she realized it was because he feared that she would talk away, and this time she won’t return.  

“Your parents….they died in a car crash.” He revealed.  Why was he so scared? What was he trying to hide from her? Sarang knew that he was trying to protect her just as she always protected him but right now she just needed the truth, no matter how horrible it was.

“I know…I was there remember.”

 “And your grandfather was the man who ordered the kill.” He added, and that she was well aware of. Anger poured through her veins every time she thought of that horrible man.

“…And I helped. I helped kill your parents.”

She was rendered into shock for a moment, unable to comprehend anything that was going on. She stared wide-eyed at him, hung loose. His eyes were pleading for her to stay and understand but her head was too messed up and she was beyond confused. 

Sarang did the next thing that came into her head. She turned around and left.

-----

 

Confused, well i did warn that there was going to be drama. So what's next, Sarang's reaction, lots of angry Sarang, an explanation, a crazy grandfather, and some hot Kris and Sarang time.