Prepping Up Blues

Pursuing The Barista

Chapter 7: Prepping Up Blues

 

“EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Dara had to cover the earpiece of her cellphone because of the ear-splitting shriek her bestfriend has just let out. She immediately called Bom to tell her about the surprise encounter she had with Kwon Ji Yong.

“OMIGOSH! OMIGOSH! OMIGOSH! I’m so happy for you Dara-yah! Finally!” she heard Bom say excitedly from the other line.

“Ha ha. Yeah, yay.” Dara replied in a dull tone while rolling her eyes.

“What made you say yes? C’mon, c’mon, tell me! Ppali!” uttered Bom, eager to hear more.

“Well, I’m tired of him pestering me about that stupid deal so I just agreed.” replied Dara as she sat on her bed.

“Eh? Just like that? You gave in just like that? Haha! And here I thought you were gonna play a little bit more hard-to-get.” Bom said teasingly and then chuckled.

“Yah, Bommie, if you were in my position, you’ll also get fed up and just give in.” Dara said in defense.

“Ha, if I were in your position, girlfriend, I would’ve been nicer to him on our first meeting. Would’ve saved you a lot of trouble if you did just that.” Bom said in a matter-of-fact tone.

“I’ve told you a hundred times, Bom! He was a complete total jerk and he tried to hit on me!” Dara said in frustration.

“Okay, okay, very well, then. So…when is the big day? Are you going to some fancy restaurant with him?” Bom continued to nag Dara.

“Well, he just said it’s on Sunday. I don't know what he’s got planned.” replied Dara.

“OMG! That soon?! Then we’ve gotta prepare NOW, Dara-yah! I am sooo going to your place!” Bom said enthusiastically.

“Wow, Bom. You seem more excited with this date than I am.” Dara said dully.

“Of course! What’s not to be excited about? My bestfriend is finally going on a date! Hang on, I’ll totally be there in a jiffy. We have to plan, girl! Okay, see you in a bit! Bye!” chirped Bom.

“But…but…Bommie! Wait! Argh! She hung up already.” Dara groaned in frustration.

 

-

 

“What? So it was you who told Dara to go my work place? Min Ji-yah, I owe you one!” Ji Yong happily uttered while ruffling his cousin’s short hair. They were celebrating his “victory” in a bulgogi place, along with Seungri & Young Bae.

“Well, I didn’t know you and Dara-unnie had such an agreement. I only thought it would be nice if she knew where you’re working. But I’m glad I was able to help, Ji Yong-oppa.” Min Ji replied with a smile while fiddling with her chopsticks.

“Yo, hyung, what are planning to do on your date? I’m sure you have something in mind by now.” said Seung Ri while chewing diligently on his food.

“You must prepare something fancy and special. Something that would be worth her time since you’ve been pissing her off since day one.” chuckled Young Bae, who was beside Seung Ri.

“Yah, hyung, since when did you know anything about dates? You haven’t gone to any, yet, right?” Seung Ri said to Young Bae while laughing. Young Bae said nothing and just nudged the younger guy’s side with his elbow.

“Err, this is kind of embarrassing but I really don’t have anything planned yet.” Ji Yong admitted.

“WHAT?!” all three of his companions exclaimed.

“Woah, jinjja, oppa?” Minji said with a questioning look on her face.

“Wait, isn’t your date on Sunday already? It’s a day away and you’ve got nothing planned yet?” Seung Ri uttered in disbelief.

Next thing Jiyong knew, Young Bae, Seung Ri & Min Ji were shooting a barrage of suggestions at him on where he should take Dara.

“You should really go to a fancy restaurant, then.” Young Bae said, sticking to what he suggested earlier on.

“No, Ji Yong-hyung doesn’t have the money for that.” Seung Ri countered. “Hyung, take her to a romantic movie instead or go to one of those romantic love cafés .” he then said with a wide grin plastered on his face. Ji Yong just glared at him.

“Aigoo, there’s really nothing special with those stuff you suggested. Ji Yong, I am serious with my suggestion. Nothing is more impressive than a romantic, fancy dinner.” Young Bae said with a reassuring nod.

“Hahahahahahaha! Aigoo, my stomach! Hahahahahaha! Oh my gosh, hyung, you are killing me! Hahahahahahahahahaha!” Seung Ri replied, laughing hysterically while leaning back and clutching his sides.

“Yah, oppa, how about preparing something simple? I know you’re a pretty good cook. Make her some food and then take her to a picnic?” Min Ji meekly said.

It went on and on for minutes. All three of them were just bombarding him different all sorts of “date ideas”.

“Yah, that’s enough, you guys. I’ll be the one to decide where Dara and I will go. Thank you very much.” He said, then downing a shot glass full of soju. “But I do need some help from you two again.” He then added and pointed at his two buddies sitting in front of him. 

“About what?” Young Bae asked.

“Well…I’m kinda short on money right now so, if you guys don’t mind…” Ji Yong started as he rolled the shot glass he’s holding in hands.

“Oh! Sure, bro! You don’t have to worry.” Young Bae said with a smile as he waved his hands.

“Anything to ensure that you will have a marvelous time with the girl you like.” Seung Ri added, reaching across the table to pat his Ji Yong-hyung’s shoulder.

“Thank you so much, guys! Really, thank you! Promise, I’ll pay you back as soon as I can.” replied Ji Yong as he stood up to go behind his two friends and draped his arms around their shoulders, as if giving them both a hug.

“Yah, stop being so mushy, bro.” Young Bae added as he tried to break away from Ji Yong’s hold. “It’s no problem, really. What are friends for.” he added.

“Hyung, just make sure you guys will have a good time.” Seung Ri said as he stuffed his mouth with grilled meat. “Oh, and another free bulgogi meal on your next payday wouldn’t hurt.” he mumbled as he ate more. Min Ji and Young Bae laughed at him while Ji Yong had no choice but to agree.

 

-

 

“Owwwkay~ now, which of these would you like to wear?” Bom asked Dara as she held up two dresses which are still hooked on their respective clothes-hangers. 

“Seriously, Bommie, I don't know what I should wear since I have no idea where we are going.” Dara replied as she laid down on her bed.

“Well, in that case, we have to be prepared for anything, then.” Bom uttered as she inspected the dresses she was holding and then continued raiding Dara’s closet. “Oh, these look great!” she then exclaimed as she spotted a pair of white jeans.

“Bommie, I really don't know why you’re making such a big deal of this. It’s only a first date. I’m not even sure if it’s gonna go well.” Dara said as she looked at the clothes that are starting to pile up on her bed.

“That’s the point, Dara-yah! It’s your first date! Well, it's not exactly your first, but you haven't been going out in a while. You have to make the best impression! And don’t be so negative! I’m sure it’s gonna be great!” replied Bom who was still busy with what she’s doing. “You know what, you have such pretty clothes! You should be out and about every weekend to show these off!” she added. Dara just shook her head and laid back on her bed.

“Okay, I think I found the perfect outfit for you!” Bom exclaimed as she held out the pieces of clothing. “It’s not too casual or too dressy. You’ll look great wherever you might be going to.” She added as she placed the garments on the bed.

“I guess it’s alright.” said Dara in an unenthusiastic tone as she eyed the outfit.

“Shut up, girl. It’s perfect! It will suit you nicely.” Bom dismissed. “Now, to do something about that hair of yours. How about some curls? You like curls? And your makeup should be perfect as well! Oh, you’re going to be so pretty, Dara-yah, that boy’s gonna flip!” Bom said excitedly as she held onto Dara’s locks and face.

Dara could only groan and bury her head under a pillow as her bestfriend went on and on about getting dolled up and stuff.

 

-----------------------------------

Merry Christmas, everyone! Happy holidays! Thank you for subscribing and checking out my story. ^_^ I'm really sorry that I took so long to update. X3