Obvious.

Rose's Thorns

this beautiful banner was made by derplikeabuffalo from enchanted graphics. Thanks a lot, dear♡


 

“Take a bus until the end of the year!” Mr. Oh scolded Sehun as he took the keys and placed it in his pocket. “The school owner is me yet you made me felt ashamed because of magazine!”

“But, dad –“

“Study hard and don’t think about your motorcycle, I will take care of it.” He said sarcastically. Sehun stood up and rushed to his room in a blink of eye. Mr. Oh seemed really angry to his son just now, of course, son of the owner of the school made a scandal and it’s a magazine scandal. Even though it’s normal for a teen but parents still has to scold them, to make them better.

Ahra didn’t move from the couch since Mr. Oh got angry and yelled at Sehun. Then she remembered her dad, when he mad at her and she’d slammed the door in front of him. Seeing Mr. Oh’s expression right now, she just realized, “That must be the same expression when dad was mad at me too.” She mumbled. “When dad said he felt ashamed because of me, I swear he really meant it. I was too stupid to realize that.”

 

“Where is everyone?” Ahra asked to Sehun as she opened the refrigerator and poured a juice to her glass. She leaned to the wall while drinking the juice, looking straight to the TV. “Deaf.” She cursed. Sehun still focused to the TV and didn’t even mind to answer Ahra who’s waiting for him. The girl sat beside him and poked his cheek repeatedly.

“What?” Sehun finally looked at her.

“Where is everyone?”

Sehun rolled his eyes. Rolling eyes is like his habit, whatever he does and whenever he heard, Oh Sehun will never forget his rolling eyes habit. “I don’t know,” he glared at Ahra. “Why?”

“Oh my god!” she jumped. “Let’s go!”

“I thought you already knew that my dad took my keys.” He sighed. “I don’t have a feeling to take a bus right now. My heart still hurts.”

“Geez!” Ahra slapped Sehun’s arm, making he groaned in pain and widened his eyes. “I know where it is! Don’t call me Cha Ahra if I can’t sneak out from home!” she admitted… proudly.

Ahra walked to the main bedroom and took a pair of jeans from the wardrobe. She knew it, for sure, Mr. Oh placed the keys in this pants. “Bingo!” Ahra shouted when she got the keys and they celebrated it, jumping in joy like a kid. “This! Take me to my dad!” Ahra commanded.

“Your… dad? Is it safe? What if the reporters –“

“Don’t worry,” Ahra cut him. “I’m not important anymore for them, or… just let them. I’m ready.” And with that, Oh Sehun drove to the place.

 

The police greeted them and led the two kids to her dad. Finally they met, again, in two different rooms. Cha Chi Soo becoming thinner than before, his skin isn’t glowing as usual and dark circle could be seen clearly under his eyes.

But someone walked passed Ahra and Sehun and bowed. The man just finished talking with Cha Chi Soo, and Ahra knew who he is. The man is Jung Jae Hyun, Cha Chi Soo’s assistant.

“Dad,” Ahra and Sehun sat down in front of the glass which is separating them and Cha Chi Soo. “Why is he here?” Ahra asked, Cha Chi Soo didn’t answer her, just smiled. “Answer me, dad…”

“How have you been?” Chi Soo asked, smiling to his daughter then looked at Sehun. “Look! My nephew have grown up well. You are handsome, just like me!” he laughed and Sehun laughed… too.

“Dad! Answer me!” Ahra yelled at him. “Don’t tell me you are going to…” she paused. “Dad, let us give that Kang Ji Sung our revenge! He took all of your money and dragged you to this hole.”

“Yes, when you were kid, I’ve abandoned my company in china. Even though it just a small company, at least I can work my off to pay back to Sehun’s parents. Jung Jae Hyun wanted to help me and to be honest I met with him every day in very limited time, told him to do this and that to raise the stock.” He explained. “For you, my daughter. Let’s forgive… and forget.”

“Don’t over think about it! I can work for you! I’m not that useless dad. We don’t even have a lawyer –“

“We have.” Chi Soo cut her.

“We… have?”

“Yes, we have.” Sehun answered to her. “It’s Jongin’s dad.”

“What?!”

 

The police approached Cha Chi Soo, “You don’t have a time anymore. See you next time.” He said.

“Wait! Dad! Dad!”

“Study hard and make me proud, I know you are the most worth thing in the world, Cha Ahra” Cha Chi Soo said as he bids a goodbye to Ahra and Sehun.

 

“Why no one told me,” Ahra leaned her head to Sehun’s back. “Why that peasant is is so nice towards me?” she sighed and closed her eyes.

Sehun smiled a bit seeing his cousin behind him through the rear mirror. “The very last time I saw Jongin being nice towards girl was for Seo In Jung.”

“Seo… what? Who?”

“Let’s talk once we got home.”

 

Ahra placed the keys in its original place when they arrived, make sure Mr. Oh will not notice that she had took the keys before. Meanwhile Sehun, he sat down on the couch as he pressed the remote TV, clicking it randomly. The channel was airing music program with group A, B, C and etc in the stage. Sehun's eyes were glued to the girl group who’s performing. A typical teenage boy these days.

They sat on the couch while enjoying the snacks. Mrs. Oh left the snacks in case the kids were too lazy to cook or even just order the food. Yes, she knows well Ahra and Sehun; they both were too lazy to order the food. Snacks are more than okay.

 

“You haven’t answered me yet,” Ahra brings the topic back. She is curious, and it’s quite obvious for Sehun. She wanted to know all about Jongin yet she didn’t want to admit it. In other hand, Oh Sehun caught the fishiness on her. “I’m not forcing you though.”

Sehun ripped the pack of his Lay’s, “Well, Tiffany was his first love,” he paused and took the chips to his mouth. He made munching sounds and quickly Ahra slapped his arm. “And Seo In Jung was the next.” He paused, again.

“Please, focus. I hate your munching sounds, geez, gross.”

Sehun rolled his eyes and placed the pack in the table. “Understand, princess.” He said with his bratty expression. “Jongin was over heels to her. He gave her everything, including his time. You know right, Jongin isn’t that kind of person who will voluntary give his time to useless thing?” he asked, Ahra just nodded. “But he gave his all to In Jung… and the same bad thing was happened for the second time.”

“Don’t tell me…” Ahra cuts his sentence

“Yes, In Jung didn’t feel the same as him. He was broken at that time and In Jung moved to Japan with her parents… it made the situation getting worse for Jongin. He loved her… he said,” Sehun coughed. He drank a mineral water and continues, “The feeling was different from before when he loved Tiffany. Because Tiffany was always taking care of him but with In Jung, he had to take care of her. Tiffany would wipe his tears when he was just a kid and in a few years, he would wipe In Jung’s tears just like Tiffany did to him. That’s why he hates to see someone crying in front of him, maybe… it reminds him about In Jung, a lot.”

“He… he loved her… that much?” Ahra asked slowly.

Sehun nodded, “Back then, yes. For now, I don’t know. The last time I saw Jongin with his warm eyes was when before In Jung moved.” There’s a smile tied on Sehun’s lips. “And I think I’ve seen his warm eyes once again the days.”

“Is that mean…” Ahra paused, thinking for the best word to ask without getting teased by Sehun after. “Jongin is in love… now?”

“I think? It’s quite obvious…”

“I feel so… happy… about it then,” Ahra said, smiling. She thought Jongin was falling in love with another person. She thought it’s safe to be study partner again with him since he’s in love… with a girl, without knowing who the girl is.

 

Ahra stood up and rushed to her room. She picked her notebook, a pen and her English book. “Where are you going?” Sehun asked.

“To the peasant, I am going to encourage him… and I owe him my whole life for letting his dad becoming our lawyer.”

 

Happy or sad, the story made her moved. She’s not the only one who’s suffering about life here, and she knew well suffered people needs support… and love.

She knocked the door and Taeyeon opened it in no time. She is so beautiful even though she just wearing her comfortable clothes and a yellow apron. She might be cooking right now. Taeyeon smiled at her, “Hello? Jongin is in his room.” She informed her but it’s more like she’s teasing Ahra. Her smile is too obvious, it’s quite weird.

“Ah, thank you.” And Ahra walked to the blue door.

She knocked it once and Jongin shouted from inside the room, telling her to just enter, without knowing who is behind the door. Ahra has no choice and opened the door slowly.

 

Jongin is playing with his play station seriously. He is wearing a simple white tee and a dark blue boxer. He sat on the carpet while crossing his legs. His eyes were locked to the screen with his hands actively pressing every button on the play station stick.

 

“Let’s study.” Finally Jongin’s eyes moved to Ahra but he went back to the game, showing no interest to her. “I have no feeling for study right now.” He repeated Ahra’s word yesterday. “Please leave.”

But Ahra is being Ahra; she sat beside Jongin and placed the book in the carpet. She turned off the play station and it made Jongin gave her a glace then threw the stick. “Let’s study.”

Jongin tch-ed, “No.”

“Let’s study.”

“No.”

“Let’s study, maniac.”

“No.”

“Let’s study… outside.”

“Why outside?” Jongin questioned.

“Because you were brave enough to read magazine at school, why wouldn’t you watch in your room? I’m afraid of you…”

 

Jongin trapped Ahra with his arms and hovered on top of her. He leaned closer to her neck, “Why would you enter my room, then?” he whispered. “Trust me… even just for once.”

Ahra was having a hard time to process his words. She doesn’t understand about what had he said just now, what is the meaning behind it. Her brain is too busy to think about how to resist Kim Jongin and all of his .

Her heart always skipped a bit every time Jongin leans closer to her. Her face would became red every time Jongin gives her a glance. Jongin’s smile is even sweeter than the sweets and his voice is like a beautiful lullaby for her. She is holding back her feeling for him. She doesn’t want to admit that Kim Jongin slowly changed her life and making it more colorful. He added more colors to her life when it’s already becoming all grey. Kim Jongin doesn’t want to hold it back anymore yet he hasn’t ready to confess it to her. He loves to and saw her smile. He grew attached to her 24 hours per day, so does Ahra.

It’s all about time.

When will Cha Ahra move on from Kim Myungsoo… when will Kim Jongin made her move on fully hearted?

 

“Could you please… let me go? This position is kind of… dangerous.”

Jongin stood up and letting her to breathing properly. “I am sorry.” Jongin was always messing up every time he saw Ahra’s eyes. He lost on her pure and beautiful eyes yet it’s filled with pain. He wanted to hug her and tell her it’s okay but he hasn’t ready yet. Her wall is too high for him.

 

“I knew it… Tiffany and In Jung,” Ahra paused. “and I’m happy for you that you’re in love with someone else right now… I… I don’t know why I have to say this to you but you’ve succeeded to move on from In Jung and I… I am happy you’re not suffered anymore.”

“Who says I’m in love with someone right now?”

“Sehun said that. Don’t get it wrong, I want to encourage you and your unlucky life.”

A smile knotted on Jongin’s thick lips. His eyes becoming a crescent moon every time he smiles and wrinkles curled on the tip of his eyes. It’s beautiful. Kim Jongin is beautiful. Ahra can’t take her eyes off him and his smile. It’s too beautiful, it’s shining.

“Yes, I think I’m falling in love…” with you. Jongin continued slowly, in his heart.

***

 

A/N: ask me something ask.fm/kaisbicc_