Forgive or Forget?

Rose's Thorns

“He… that peasant… almost kissed me.” Ahra slapped her own face while looking at the ceiling. She was recalling the ‘incident’ few days ago when Jongin almost kissed her. “And I was frozen. I didn’t even move.” She kicked the bed sheet and groans, “No! forget it, Cha Ahra. Forget it!”

Suddenly Jongin popped out from nowhere bringing his books, quickly Ahra pushed him off her room with all of her strength but still, she lost against him. “Let’s study! We haven’t study for few days.” Jongin said as he towering Ahra with his tall body, looking straight to her eyes, but Ahra is avoiding him. “Stop avoiding me like I did something wrong to you!”

“I didn’t…” she said. “I didn’t avoiding you… at all.” She looked away but Jongin caught her. “and I don’t have feeling to study right now, please… leave.”

“Okay.” Jongin raised his hand as he gave up and walked out of her room.

 

Ahra closed the door and leaning against it as she placed her palm above her chest, feeling her heartbeat which is getting fast. The old lady’s words that always repeated in her mind every time she’s with Jongin, every time she thinks about Jongin and every time Jongin landed his strong gaze towards her, the words that she was scared about. One moment she realized that Jongin made her comfortable in her new world, and he succeed made her felt save for the first time. She got goose bumps every time she reminds about their fate. She had to hide on his car, she had to move to her aunt’s house which is his neighbor and she had to be study partner with him.

 

“It’s scary.” Ahra said as she rubbed her arms. “I need to stay away from him before… before my walls down for him.”

 

And it was her decision to stay away from Jongin.

She doesn’t want to let her wall down for anyone… yet, after Myungsoo and Byul backstabbed her. It’s enough for her to cries every time she remembered about them and their memories. She doesn’t want to let anyone to hurt her, again. Letting her walls strong and high is better than falling in love again with wrong people, for Cha Ahra.

Magically, Kim Jongin made the walls down without Ahra knowing. Sometimes you just need to let being loved by someone to make your pain away, little by little.

 

“Last night, we found this,” the teacher raised up a bra in his hand, making the students in the class gasped. Murmurs can be heard easily at this moment when everyone started gossiping with everyone. “and a couple got caught for doing something gross in class. Preparation class is for preparing your knowledge for the college entrance exam, not for ditched the class and went to empty classroom and making out!” he yelled and the students stopped gossiping. “We need to check your bag and your locker to make sure no one bring condoms anymore to school. So, student, bring your bag and stand up in front of your locker, now!”

And with that, all students hurriedly running towards their locker. Some students were calm, some students, well, got panic for many reasons. Don’t ask why, teenagers has many problems, and secrets.

 

“…is Soojung from class 3-4 and Kris the foreign student!”

“So? The bra is… hers?”

“I think so, but Kris said he didn’t bring so the one who bring the is different person.”

“Oh my God! Who is he? Or she?”

“You stupid! Why would a girl bring a ?”

“Someone should have recorded it, you know, Kris is hot! I want to know his face!”

“Eww! Jongin is hotter than him! I bet the one who bring the is him.”

 

“This school is such a gross.” Ahra complained as she heard few students gossiping near her locker, and it can be heard clearly.

She passed the bag and locker check and take a look to the basket which is full of cds and magazines, condoms, make up, toys and etc. “Teenagers these days can’t even hold their hormones.” The one of the teacher mumbled.

 

Ahra sat beside Zitao after they picked their lunch. Yes, she and Zitao is a friend now just because Zitao is the only one guy, maybe, in this school who knows about Gucci and Louis Vuitton thing. They would chit chat a lot about branded things and, Hollywood. She looked around but Jongin and Sehun is nowhere, she was pretending to not care about them, especially to Jongin, but she couldn’t. Half of her heart is always finding for Jongin.

“Don’t tell me they got caught.” Baekhyun said after chewing his spaghetti. “Those idiots.”

Chanyeol sighed and ruffled his hair. “And the teacher would burn my precious…” he paused as he realized that Ahra is there too. “my precious gun.”

“So you are the one who bring guy toy to school?” Ahra scoffed. “Such a kid.”

“Errr? Yes.”

 

“… and they would call my dad, again. And my dad would punish me, again!” Sehun said as he arrived and took sips from Zitao’s strawberry juice.

“Can you stop? You are not the one who got into a trouble here!” Jongin said. “I told you to get your magazine –“ he looked at Ahra, frozen. “I… mean…”

“Gross.” Ahra looked away and rolled her eyes lazily. “So the magazines are yours? Sehun too? I can’t believe.”

“W- what? Why? We are… healthy guy anyway!” Sehun put his arm on Jongin’s shoulder.

“Yes, we are healthy. is… normal.” Jongin continued him.

“And you said that like you are a proud man.” She scoffed. “I bet the one who bring is you too.”

“No!” Jongin refused. “I didn’t bring . I swear I just bring a magazine, that’s all.”

“Don’t talk to me you gross.”

 

Ahra walked home by herself because Jongin and Sehun were still on their punishment at school. She waited the next stop; almost fell asleep in the bus. When it was her turn, she hops out of the bus and walked to the house. Day by day, the neighborhood is becoming more and more similar to her like it’s her own place. The old lady who’s always greeted her in the morning, and the neighbor’s children who are always paling around near the sakura garden. “This place is nice and warm, no wonder aunty wanted to stay here rather than stay in the residence with us.”

 

A girl who’s still wearing her uniform is standing in front of her. The yellow mustard uniform is similar for her, so does the girl. She tied her long brown hair in a ponytail although it’s already messy. The girl smiled to Ahra, but she didn’t smile back to her.

 

“Ahra,” Byul greeted her and walked closer to Ahra. “How have you been?”

“How did you know my place?” Ahra asked coldly.

“The guy who’s always gave you a heart-shaped chocolate back then”

 

Ahra didn’t talk to her anymore and just continue walking towards her house, bumped into Byul’s body.

 

“Ahra, I’m sorry.” She sniffed and sounded trembling. Ahra turned back and looked at her who’s crying right now. “I am really sorry, I know I was wrong but please forgive me.”

“I don’t buy your tears, Choi Eun Byul.” She looked at her with icy gaze. Ahra missed her best friend, so much. But the hurt couldn’t go away that easily. “So, if you’re finished please leave before I shouted that you’re going to steal something from my house.”

“Myungsoo… he doesn’t love me. He’s a , but he loves you, so much.” She sobbed.

“Tell him if this was you and his plan to make his popularity gained up then he was wrong. I don’t have anything now to make him more popular. And where have you been all this time? Myungsoo is a , for sure.”

But in her deepest heart, she wanted the to come back to her.

“This is for real, when he’s sleeping he’d called your name and not mine, it hurts, Ahra, it hurts me so damn much.”

“You’re sleeping with him too? How are you, Byul?” Ahra smirked as she crossed her arms like a boss. “Oh, I should’ve known that.”

“Ahra, I’m sorry.” Byul kneeled on the ground as she begged for Ahra’s forgiveness. “I’m sorry for all, let’s start from the first page. You are my best friend, Ahra.” She’s crying nonstop.

“Not that easy, Byul.” And Ahra left Byul there. Half of her wanted to forgive Byul and hugged her but half of her wanted to slap her face, hard.

 

It’s because she loved her best friend so much like she’s the only one sister she ever had but Byul did something that hurt Ahra, so much. It’s not easy for Ahra to let her walls down again for peoples, to trust against the other and to love someone again. She’s too afraid to be hurt, again.

***

 

A/N: yes the layout is not edited, my laptop havent fixed yet unfortunately. Drop your comment, vote and subscribe this story, it means so much for me. Thank you.