Shipping

Stories from the SJ Dorms

 

 

“How come we’re never together?” Sungmin frowned, scrolling through the fan fiction tag on Google.

The skinny male looked over and shrugged. “Well they all think you’re a masochist that likes to be abused by Kyuhyun. …And they all think I’m a addict who does freaky with Donghae every night.”

“You and Donghae are always getting into trouble together though,” he responded, “I don’t blame the fans for thinking you guys are a good match.”

“You’re really scaring me, Min,” Eunhyuk eyed him warily, sitting up. “I don’t need my boyfriend shipping me with someone else.”

 “What’s shipping?” Sungmin tilted his head, confused.

“You are on the internet, aren’t you?” he raised an eyebrow. He stood up, coming over. “Shipping is short for ‘relationship’ and it’s what people online say when they have an OTP.”

“OTP?” he sighed, seemingly more confused than he had been a second ago. “How do you know all of this anyway?”

Eunhyuk blanched. “Donghae and I have to be knowledgeable as a major pairing. I know way too much about this stuff. Anyway, an OTP is an abbreviation for ‘One True Pairing’ and so you and me would be an OTP,” he smiled, patting the top of Sungmin’s head, “hyung.”

“Ah…,” Sungmin nodded, smiling back happily, “wait, then what’s an OT3? I saw that earlier.” He took Eunhyuk’s hand, pulling it down to wrap around his shoulders.

Crouching, the lanky figure thought for a second and then his eyes lit up. “Oh! That’s when they have Eunhae get with someone else to have a hot .” He stopped, frowning, “Wait that came out wrong.”

“Do you ship you and Donghae?” Sungmin cocked an eyebrow.

“No…not really…,” he fumbled, blushing, “Okay, to be fair, there’s some really good Eunhae stories out there! And you know what? Sometimes you can’t get to good for free…”

“Oh my god!” he exclaimed, standing up and heading for the door.

Eunhyuk raced after him, hurrying into the living room where Sungmin was throwing himself into Kyuhyun’s lap. The members were all gathered together for movie night, but soon all eyes were shifting to the fighting couple.

“If you ship Eunhae, then I ship Kyumin!” Sungmin spat.

Kyuhyun glanced at the bowl of popcorn the older male had nearly squashed and then slowly set it down on Sungmin’s lap. Reaching in, he pulled some out, munching and watching.

“C’mon, Minnie, you know that’s not what I meant,” Eunhyuk pleaded.

“You ship us?” Donghae piped up, lounging on top of Henry. A bag of chips sat beside them with one of the Chinese boy’s hands inside of it.

“I don’t ship us,” Eunhyuk corrected, “I just like some of the scenes. They’re really well written.”

Kangin stood up, “And I’m done,” he sighed, heading out of the living room.

“Ditto,” Shindong grunted, following the other male.

Ryeowook strolled into the room, a towel around his neck. “What’s going on? Why did Kangin and Shindong just leave? They picked the movie…”

“You like reading about us having ?” Donghae’s eyes widened and Henry tightened his hold around his lover.

“Oh lord…,” Eunhyuk raked fingers through his hair, one hand on his hip. “Okay, this is a mess. Thanks a lot, Sungmin.”

“That’s why…,” Ryeowook nodded knowingly, taking the seat Kangin had left open. Sinking down in it, he glanced at Sungmin and Kyuhyun. “What’s going on?”

“He’s trying to steal me from you,” Kyuhyun responded immediately, chewing on a mouthful of popcorn, “you should beat him up.”

“He’s not very comfortable, hyung,” Ryeowook stated worried, “you’ll hurt yourself on his bony thighs. Come here.” He waved at Sungmin who smiled brightly and hurried over, tangling himself with Ryeowook on the recliner.

The younger giggled and wrapped his arms tighter around the older. “I love you, hyung,” Ryeowook smiled.

“I like Minwook the most,” Sungmin agreed.

Kyuhyun’s eyes darkened as he turned to Eunhyuk. “Now look at what you’ve done. He’s discovered Minwook, you idiot.”

“What’s Minwook?” Donghae prompted, playing with Henry’s hair.

“The cutest pairing alive,” Eunhyuk made a face, shuddering, “Seriously, the level of gay goes up like fifty times when they’re together.”

Kyuhyun’s mouth twitched. “Ryeowook, come here.”

“But why?” he whined, eyes getting droopy.

“Because you’ll fall asleep if you’re cuddling with Sungmin.”

“I fall asleep when I’m cuddling with you, too,” Ryeowook argued.

“Are we Henhae, then?” Henry voiced.

Eunhyuk paused, considering it. “Well, let’s be real, Donghae tops, right?”

“Most of the time,” Donghae nodded casually.

“Not all the time?” Kyuhyun snorted, smirking.

“We like to mix it up!” Donghae defended.

“Please shut up!” Henry blushed, slamming a hand over his lover’s mouth.

Donghae removed it, continuing to talk, “More importantly, why does it matter if I top or not? Does that change our ship name?”

“It should really be Haehen, but Henhae sounds better,” Eunhyuk explained, “Like, Haehyuk is cooler than Eunhae, but they’re both good names.”

“I like Haehyuk,” Donghae said slowly, seemingly pondering it. Henry jabbed him in the side, and the older male looked down, grinning and kissing his hair. “I love Haehen though.”

“Uhm…I think they fell asleep.”

Eunhyuk looked over, seeing his lover sleeping on the recliner with Ryeowook’s head on his chest. “…well, .”

“Totally your fault,” Kyuhyun shook his head, grabbing the remote and turning on the movie.

Throwing one more glare at the cuddling pair, he sat down next to Kyuhyun. A moment passed and then he opened his mouth, but the younger was cutting him off.

“I sure as hell do not ship Kyuhyuk.”