Cooking (Kyuhyun/Ryeowook)

Stories from the SJ Dorms

 

 

“Is it done yet~?” Kyuhyun whined, peeking over the opposite end of the kitchen counter. His back was to the empty living room, fluffy head of brown hair tousled from sleep. “I’m hungry!”

Ryeowook made a face, throwing a wooden spoon at him. The man ducked, popping back up a second later. “Yah, if you’re hungry then make food yourself!” the figure in an apron barked. He pouted and picked up the recipe card, reading it over again as he slowly poured a cup of orange juice into the batter.

“You cook better than me,” Kyuhyun shrugged, circling around and leaning over Ryeowook’s shoulder. “What’s that?”

“You wanted it without even knowing what it was?” he raised an eyebrow, mixing the juice into the cream colored concoction. “I’m making orange muffins.”

He nodded lazily, eyes drooping as he slumped over the other’s backside. Both arms looped around Ryeowook’s slender waist, chin resting on his shoulder. “Feed me, Ryeo-ssi…,” Kyuhyun mumbled, frowning lips pressed against his neck.

“Get away from me,” Ryeowook huffed, craning his head away. Picking up the bowl, he stirred and walked, trying to shake Kyuhyun off of him.

The man chuckled, voice low and rough from sleep. “Not until I get some,” Kyuhyun mumbled, shuffling behind Ryeowook who was doing circles in the living room.

“Let go, leech!” he glared, head bumping the taller male.

Kyuhyun tightened his hold, squeezing the small body against his. “I’m hungry!” he whimpered, munching on Ryeowook’s shoulder.

He yelped, bowl slipping from his grasp and spilling batter across the hardwood floors of the living room. Kyuhyun released him out of surprise and Ryeowook groaned at the loss of his hard work. “…You!” he whipped around, eyes narrowing.

“Hey,” Kyuhyun lifted his arms up in surrender, trying to suppress a smile, “you’re the one who freaked out.”

“Well wouldn’t you freak out if someone’s biting your neck?” Ryeowook snapped.

“I wasn’t freaking out last night when you did it,” Kyuhyun smirked.

His face reddened and then he was smacking the laughing man’s chest. “You’re a jerk! Now neither of us can eat!” Ryeowook looked up at the grinning male, “You know everyone gets cranky when there’s no breakfast on our day off.”

“Calm down, we’ll make something else,” Kyuhyun chuckled. He grabbed Ryeowook’s arm, pulling him back to the kitchen.

“What about the mess out there?” he questioned, brow furrowing.

“We’ll think about it later,” he dismissed, grabbing a new bowl and finding the flour. “We can make pancakes!” Kyuhyun grabbed the measuring cup and tilted the bag over. Half the white powder spilled into the intended holder, while the rest puffed out and landed in clumps and dustings on the counter.

“Kyuhyun…,” Ryeowook sighed, lifting the bag before anymore ingredients could be wasted.

The man blinked, confused. “What? We can just clean it later.”

“You’re too messy,” he frowned.

“Am not!” Kyuhyun argued.

“Are too!”

They glared at one another before Ryeowook turned away and pulled open the fridge. Kyuhyun was right behind him, reaching in a grabbing the eggs. “I can so cook,” he stated firmly.

Ryeowook snatched the other end of the egg carton, giving his band mate and lover a warning look. “You’re going to make a mess in the process. Just let me do it!”

“What’s the big deal about making a mess?” Kyuhyun retorted, tugging on the cardboard container.

“It’s a hassle to clean up afterwards,” Ryeowook explained through gritted teeth as he pulled on the other end.

“Well that’s why I have you,” he smirked, “so I’ll cook and you clean.” Another tug.

“I don’t think so.” Another pull.

“I think so.” Tug.

“No.” Pull.

Yes.”

No!

“What are you two doing?” Kangin growled.

Ryeowook’s eyes widened and he yelped, accidentally releasing the carton. Kyuhyun blinked, stumbling backwards, letting go of the eggs. The cardboard popped open, white ovals flying out and cascading like bombs.

One…two…three smacked Kangin in the face, the rest skimming past and exploding on the tile and hardwood. “…clean this up,” he wiped the yolk from his eyes and mouth, “and then run.”

“Run?” Ryeowook repeated quietly.

“Run,” Kangin affirmed, grimacing.