110% Sweetness

Sweet Encounter

 


I am now listening to the song as though it was a broken record.

The hottest comeback song "Wolf" by EXO.

I can say that they are my second largest fandom.

Well, I have only got two main fandoms, one B2ST, and two EXO.

 

 

The location whereby I am at now is related to them - SM Company Building.

Curious why I am here?

Well, I plan to go birthday shopping with my best friend Chae Rin.


 

 

Apgujeong area is one of the popular shopping districts and we plan to visit one of the 'EverySing' branch to get merchandises.

Well, not my birthday but it's Chae Rin's 18th birthday today. Since I don't really go Korea that often and so I am not that confident with the directions.


 

 

I decided to meet her somewhere iconic, she's pretty much someone with no sense of direction at all, hence I thought meeting her at SM Company would be the best.

I waited and waited, the birthday girl was late for half an hour already.

 

 

I checked my watch now and then for the time and the song is still on replay mode.

It was really nice, and I do plan to sing a cover with Chae Rin and another friend of ours.


 

 

Just then, I heard a voice.

“Hi, who are you waiting for? You have been here for quite long.” He said.

I looked up to see the vocal of EXO, LuHan. He is wearing the '88' tee shirt in line with their comeback.


 

 

I bowed and greeted, he greeted back as well.

He asked that question previously in Korean, I decided to reply in Mandarin instead.


 

 

“I am waiting for a friend. Is my presence here causing any disturbance? I will shift to somewhere else.” I said.

He looked a little taken aback when I spoke Mandarin and then shook his head, “Oh, it isn't that. I am just curious why are you here for. So where is your friend? He/she seems to be really late.” He said.


 

 

“She's having her birthday today and so we are meeting up to shop. She's probably delayed because of choosing what outfits to wear.” I replied.

“I see. Where are you from? Do you know how to speak in Korean?” He asked.


 

 

“I am from Singapore, my friend and I came here for a holiday. We have somehow that Korean blood in us.” I replied.

“That's cool. So you know how to speak in English?” He asked.

I nodded.


 

 

We heard a low-toned voice sounded from the back, “LuHan, who are you talking to?”

A tall figure approached, “Oh? Your friend?”

He's Kris, the Leader of EXO's Mandarin Team.


 

 

“Hmm..” LuHan didn't know how to answer as well.

“I am a fan.” I replied, “Hi, I am Ya Xin and it's really a great honour to be able to see you in person.” I said so in English.

Indirectly, answering to LuHan's previous question.


 

 

“Hi, I am Kris, the leader of EXO-M.” He said.

“Ya Xin is waiting for her friend.” LuHan said.

And two more members joined in just then, they are Chen and Xiu Min.

We greeted each other as well and LuHan kind of introduced me.


 

 

I spoke a few sentences in Korean with them and Kris spoke, “Isn't your friend coming? It seems to be really late.” he said.

I nodded, “I think I shall call her.” I said and took out my phone to call Chae Rin.


 

 

She picked up her phone after awhile, “Where are you now?” I asked.

“Still walking my way there.” She said.

I frowned, “Please don't tell me you are lost.” I said.

“Aniyo. I spotted the building already.” She said.


 

 

“Oh, hold on for a moment.” I said and covered the phone so that Chae Rin wouldn't hear what I said.

“Kris ssi, could you say something to my best friend? It's her birthday today and her bias is you.” I said.


 

 

Kris agreed readily and I pass my phone to him, he spoke, “Hi, is this Chae Rin?” He asked.

Chae Rin on the other hand froze literally, “Yes..”

“Hi, I am Kris. I heard that it's your birthday today, just wanted to say a Happy Birthday to you.” He said with his attractive and y voice.

“Oh, thank you.” Chae Rin said sweetly.


 

 

“I shall pass the time back to Ya Xin now. See you later.” He said and he passed the phone to me.

I got my phone back but Chae Rin hung up already.

I pouted, and then kept my phone.


 

 

LuHan smiled when I pouted, “Ya Xin, do you have any bias out of us? Or maybe even the whole EXO?” He asked.

I looked at him, “Erm.. To be honest, I like all of you. As in, every one of you are special and unique in your very own ways and so I can't help but to fall for the different charming sides of the twelve of you.” I replied.


 

 

“You really don't have a special one who caught your eye?” Kris asked.

“If I were really to pick one out of the four of you now.. I will choose Chen.” I said honestly.

“It's not that I don't like the rest of you but just, I love Chen's voice. As in, I love all your voices but I can't help but to be amazed by Chen's singing.” I explained.


 

 

Kris translated for Chen and Xiu Min what I have just said and Chen smiled brilliantly when he understood what I just said.

“Xie Xie.” He said in Mandarin.

I smiled back.


 

 

And I managed to get their polaroids, LuHan is really kind to offer to help take a picture of me and Chen. And Chen signed for me on the polaroid.

After which, Kris got the help of a staff and she helped us took a picture all together.

It was pretty quite some time after the call previously, “Ya Xin, your friend seems to be taking a little too long.” Kris said.


 

 

I can't help but to worry as well, I called again, and it took longer for her to respond.

When she finally picked up the phone, all I heard was a scream from her and then the call got hung up.

“Chae Rin?” I asked, “Yeoboseyo?”


 

 

“What's wrong?” LuHan asked.

“Chae Rin's call got cut off after I heard her screaming out loud.” I said.

“Could she have met some bad person? Sasaeng fans?” MinSeok voiced.


 

 

And just then, Zi Tao appeared.

“Zi Tao, come on, we are going to be saving someone.” Kris said.

Zi Tao looked dazed when Kris said so, but along the way after Kris explained what happened in summary, Zi Tao decided to help.


 

 

I went down along the street, looking frantically for Chae Rin's figure.

There are too many alleys down the streets, LuHan was by my side, “Chae Rin!” he shouted along the way.

I felt really touched by his actions, an Idol like him to be helping an ordinary fan like me.


 

 

“Ya Xin, don't worry, I believe we would be able to find where your friend is.” He comforted.

“Thank you.” I said.

“Silly, come on, let's go to the front and check it out, she might be there.” LuHan pointed ahead.


 

 

That's the last alley along the street that could allow someone to spot the Company building.

We kind of waited for the rest of them to hurry join us after checking the alleys on the other side and got no news.

“It's probably this one.” LuHan said.


 

 

Zi Tao went in front of us and then LuHan, “Ya Xin, follow me tightly.” he said softly to me and allowed me to grab onto his shirt.

Chen following behind me with Xiu Min and Kris being the last.

We heard noises indeed, and my eyes went wide open when I heard Chae Rin's voice.


 

 

I grabbed onto LuHan's arm as fear slowly overcomes me.

LuHan place his hand on mine and looked at me, he nodded assuringly to try comforting me.


 

 

We stayed quiet and listened, “One of EXO's member spoke to you isn't it? We heard you clearly, it was Kris right?”

“Hmph, tell me how you get in contact with him?” that person threatened.

“I.. I don't know..” Chae Rin replied.

“You don't (know)..”


 

 

Zi Tao couldn't bear anymore and hence he ran out just in time to hold onto the hand of that sasaeng fan.

“What are you three trying to do to her?” Zi Tao flared.

The three of them were obviously surprised.


 

 

Kris and I went to Chae Rin immediately, “Rinnie~” I hugged her tightly.

“Mini~” The girl cried due to shock and I tried soothing her by patting gently on her back.


 

 

Kris knelt down beside her and said, “Everything is fine now.”

Chae Rin looked up at Kris, “Kris?”

“EXO?” She looked at the other three members and couldn't believe what she sees.

“Is this all real?” She asked, in a really cute way especially when her tears are still b.


 

 

I took a piece of tissue out to wipe her tears away, “Come on, the birthday girl should be pampered. I am sorry.” I said.

“I won't let you be on your own anymore.” I said and hugged her once again.


 

 

“Shall we go back to the company? Let Chae Rin have a drink and calm down before anything.” LuHan said.

I nodded, “Thank you.” I said.

We walked our way to the company and Chen went to scan his thumbprint so that we could enter.


 

 

We took a seat at level 1 lobby area whereby there are couches.

Kris passed Chae Rin a cup of water, “Here you go, are you feeling better now?” He asked gently.

Chae Rin nodded, “Thank you.” He said.

LuHan passed me a cup of water, “Here you go. Calm yourself down, everything is over now.” he said.


 

 

Chen and Xiu Min went away shortly and said that they would be back soon.

And so Kris and LuHan accompanied both of us. Chae Rin seems to be recovering well with Kris by her side.


 

 

I smiled and then turned to LuHan, “LuHan gege, thank you for everything.” I said.

He smiled, “You are welcomed. It's nice to know you, and I am glad to have a meimei like you as well.” he said.

“Really? I could call you gege?” I asked.


 

 

At first, I didn't thought that he would accept me calling him that.

In a sense, I am a 'naturally polite' person, I just couldn't speak informally with anyone elder than me and also, it happens with same age friends as well.

 

 

“Of course. I would be at a loss if you decided to call me jiejie instead.” He joked.

I laughed instead, “LuHan gege, I couldn't see that you are someone humorous. Thank you.” I said.

“Silly, glad to see you smiling again.” He said.

“Gege, can I just call you gege from now on?” I asked.

He nodded.


 

 

“Gege, I forgot to mention it just now, I mean, I was too shy to say.. I love your voice as well.”

He looked at me, I continued, “You might not believe it but just like I said just now, I like all your voices but I am amazed with Chen's treble notes whenever he sings. However to me, your voice sounds soothing and gentle.”

He smiled, “I am glad that you like my voice.” He said.


 

 

Both of us have got Weibo accounts but LuHan doesn't use it frequently. 

I notified him of mine and just when he was about to follow me, I stopped him from doing so.

“Gege, it would be confusing and chaotic if you did so.” I said, I can't help but to think of the things that could happen.


 

 

“Then how could I locate you?” he asked.

I smiled, “Gege, can I have your phone?” I asked and he passed it to me.

I typed my number and email address in and then saved it, “And now you have my number and email.” I said.

He smiled, “I will call you now.”


 

 

He called and I got his number as well, “Gege, aren't you afraid that I would spread your number?” I asked.

He looked at me, for awhile he was silent and then he spoke, “A kind angel like you wouldn't.”

I blushed and bit onto my lower lip, then looked down onto my phone as I saved his number.


 

 

“I was just joking just now, I won't.” I said and assured him.

I was about to swear and make a promise but he stopped me, “Don't do it, I believe you.” he said.

I let a smile escapes and he smiled back as well.


 

 

“Kris ssi, thank you.” Chae Rin said.

“Just call me Kris. Or you can call me gege as well.” Kris said, he overheard some of LuHan's conversation.

Chae Rin had a light shade of pink across her cheeks, “Kris gege.” she called shyly.

Kris can't help but to feel that his heart just stopped a beat and then starts thumping really fast.


 

 

“Chae Rin, do you have a chinese name?” Kris asked.

“Zhi Lin.” She replied.

“Zhi Lin.. It's such a beautiful name, just like you.” He said.

“Thank you.” Chae Rin replied coyly.


 

 

“Happy Birthday to you~”

We heard someone singing..


 

 

“Happy birthday to you ~”

And then they all gathered, ChanYeol was holding onto the birthday cake in his hands and they walked towards Chae Rin...


 

 

“Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday~”

“Happy Birthday to you~” The whole EXO sang the birthday song for Chae Rin!


 

 

Chae Rin was so surprised, Chan Yeol brought the cake and went to her, “Happy birthday.” he said.

“Thank you.” Chae Rin said and bowed.

“Make a wish.” Joon Myeon said.


 

 

Chae Rin smiled and nodded at them, she said the first wish out loud, “I wish for the happiness and health of every single person who have seen me and know me, especially the ones who are with me right now at this moment.” she said.

Kris translated it and then Chae Rin made the second wish and third wish to herself.

Then she blew out the candles.


 

 

“What was your second wish?” SeHun asked as he was really curious.

“SeHun ssi, I am sorry, I can't say this now.” Chae Rin said.

And we ate the cake together. It was really sweet of Chen and Xiu Min to have thought of getting a cake and getting EXO to celebrate the birthday together.


 

 

And as a gift, EXO signed their albums and gave it to Chae Rin. Kris wrote a private message for her. 

After which, ChanYeol wrote a message for her as well after I said that Chae Rin's bias from the K team is him.


 

 

I got mine as well. LuHan and Chen left their messages in there. Lay left his message as well after Chae Rin expose he is my first bias. And then SeHun as well, he is my bias from the K team.

But eventually the whole EXO wrote something for me because LuHan mentioned that I like all 12 of them.


 

 

We had a short chat afterwards, I mean, we aren't special VIPs or whoever and so we could only have a short chat.

I guess the manager was aware of what happened and hence he is keeping a lookout and making sure that nothing happens.

We had to leave afterwards as EXO is going to be preparing for their schedule soon.

We bowed and LuHan said to me, “We shall meet again.” he said.

I nodded.


 

 

Kris whispered something into Chae Rin's ear and she nodded shyly.

“Be really careful.” Joon Myeon said and we bowed to them all once again to thank them.


 

 

Both of us stayed somewhere near to watch EXO getting onto their vans and then leaving the company.

Luckily we left earlier, fans are starting to crowd already.

“Shall we go home?” I asked.

Chae Rin nodded.


 

 

I had an apartment nearby and it was arranged by my parents. Both of us would be staying there whenever we come to Korea.

Other times whereby we aren't, we rent the apartment out but we locked up the rooms that we are sleeping in and also the basement.


 

 

There are five rooms available. A room for me, another for Chae Rin and three are empty.

A month before we decided to come to Korea, I informed the tenants that we would need the house back and it's state in the contract that they would have to find another place.


 

 

We decided to have dinner at home but none of us want to cook, and so we ordered food delivery.

Chae Rin couldn't stop fangirling at the album. While I went back to my room and took a look at the polaroids that I have taken, I decided to put them into my diary album.

A picture diary to be exact, I wrote a caption there, "Till we meet again."


 

 

And then I went to shower. I told Chae Rin to have her shower after I had mine as one of us would have to be around when the food comes.

And I paid the delivery man when he comes. We are having Ginseng Chicken soup with rice, Chae Rin wanted BBQ chicken and I wanted a steamed fish.

It's actually really cool to have these dishes to be prepared and sent to your home.

Trust me, these that I am eating now tasted heavenly delicious.


 

 

“Ya Xin, did you exchange numbers with LuHan just now?” She asked.

“How did you know that?” I asked, looking at her with eyes widened.

She smiled, “It was really obvious. I am just asking.. Would you call?” She asked.

“I.. I don't know. I might be disturbing him, don't I?” I asked.


 

 

“Kris gave me his number as well, I am wondering whether to call or not?” She said.

“He wrote it via the secret message in the album?” I asked.

She nodded shyly.

“Save his number then?” I said and she nodded.


 

 

We continued eating then after dinner, I passed Chae Rin her birthday gift, “Here you go, I hope you like it.” I said.

I bought her a pink colored high heels which she had her eyes on, the other day whereby we went shopping at COEX.

“Aww~~ Komawoyo~” She said and gave me a tight hug.

“As long as you like it, I am glad.” I said.


 

 

“I don't simply just like it.” She said with such a stern manner.

And then she let out a sweet smile, “I love it! Thank you!~” She said and hugged me once again.


 

 

Then we went into our individual rooms, I looked at his number in my contacts..

Just then my phone buzzed, that really gave me a scare..


 

 

"LuHan gege calling"

I stared hard at the screen and then answered the call,

“Hello, this is Ya Xin, am I right?” he asked.

“You are LuHan gege right?” I asked.

“I am glad that I could hear your voice again.” He said.


 

 

I felt something tingly in my heart, “Me too..” I said.

“I do wish to able to speak to you longer but I guess I have to be back to work. Have a good night sleep.” He said.

“Gege, take good care of yourself as well. Good night.” I said.

“I will. Have a sweet dream.” He said.

“You too.. Gege, good bye.” I said, reluctantly.

“Goodbye.” He said.


 

 

And none of us really hang up the call.

 

 

“Gege, are you still on the line?” I asked.

“I am. I can't bear to end the call like this.” he said.

So frankly.


 

 

“Gege, you should get to work now.. I.. I shall hang up already, goodbye.” I said.

“Ya Xin... Before you hang up, could you..”

A pity, the girl already hung up. She was sad about it as well but she wanted LuHan to be able to focus.


 

 

LuHan on the other hand..

“I.. I thought I could have asked for a goodnight kiss.. Never mind.. She would probably freak out.” LuHan thought and he even literally scolded himself for demanding too much.


 

 

I thought I should..

I called the number, waiting for it to respond..


 

 

“Ya Xin?” his voice sounded excited though.

“Gege, before I sleep, I want to tell you something.” I said.


 

 

“What is it?” He asked.

I placed the phone close to my mouth and gave it a kiss, “Gege, goodnight.” I said and then hung up while my face is now as red as a tomato.

LuHan can't help but to smile and gave SeHun, who is sitting beside him, a tight hug.


 

 

“Hyung, what's the great news? You looked really happy.” SeHun asked.

“Oh, SeHun ah, komawo~” LuHan said and pinched the maknae's cheeks and smiled sweetly.

SeHun just looked at him dazedly.


 

 

Both of them then went back into the radio studio room and continued the work.

LuHan can't help but to smile blankly into the air and then look down so as to hide his happiness.


 

 

Even Kris is doing the similar actions as him, something seems to happen between Kris and Chae Rin as well.

 

 

Anyways, this is really a sweet encounter. Not only for me, Chae Rin, but for us. Including EXO.

 

- End -