chapter one

Wild Eyes

"Alright!" Lu Han chuckles as he lowers his bow and arrow to have a closer look at the wolf he just shot. It is another perfect catch; flawless body and beautiful fur. Lu Han almost felt a little sorry that such amazing animals were dying - but hey - it isn't like Lu Han had another choice. From his birth to his current state, Lu Han was trained on how to become a wolf hunter. His skills is nearly as good as his father's now.

Feeling pleased with himself, Lu Han lifts the dead wolf onto his back and carries it onto his truck. He is about to pack his hunting equipment back into its case when a low growl is heard. Whipping his head back - Lu Han's sharp eyes catch a tingle of gold in the nearby bushes. Without being asked - the animal carefully walks out of its hiding place and stares at Lu Han with anger and hatred (god, is it even possible?) burning from its eyes. The wolf lets out another low growl, sounding upset.

Lu Han gulps and stares back at the animal; the air suddenly feeling a little too hot. Usually when Lu Han sees a wolf, all he thinks of is how to shoot it. Not this time; the wolf's eyes seemed to be a bit too like a human's - wild, painted with passion and emotions and flaring gold. The wolf hunter's heart thumps greatly against his chest; wondering if the wolf could hear it too. Lu Han bit his lip. Is he scared of the animal he hunted and killed every week? No, that would be a joke if it spreads. The Lu family would be embarrassed.

Panting, Lu Han carefully takes out an arrow and slides it into his bow gracefully. He blinks for a few times - adjusting his eye sight - and carefully points his arrow at the golden wolf. The wolf lets out a snicker, as if taunting Lu Han and saying try to shoot me, try it. Breathing in twice and counting down from three - Lu Han shoots.

The wolf darts away in the nick of time and shakes its head for a few times before leaping away. All left is Lu Han; trying to calm himself down and his eyes carry themselves to the abandoned arrow sitting innocently on the grass.

Lu Han (usually) never misses.

 

--

 

School becomes boring for Lu Han when all he has in his head is the picture of the mysterious wolf he encounter - and missed - during his weekend. When the bell brings of class starts, Lu Han finds himself staring out the window, trying to imagine how beautiful was the golden creature he saw. He had to find it one day, he decides. Lu Han is too into his thoughts that he doesn't even notice his best friend Yixing tapping him on his shoulder; not once, but twice.

Sighing, Lu Han turns his chair around and faces reality (and Yixing). Chuckling, Yixing takes out a packet of bubblegum and hands Lu Han one. Lu Han idly places the food in his mouth and watch his best friend do the same. His throat feels dry and his head feels like it's on fire - burning.

"What's up, Han? You look sick."

Yixing's voice is dripping with concern and Lu Han wonders to himself where did he get such a emotionally-easy person like Yixing. Lu Han stretches his neck and gives his best friend his best smile.

"Not much, don't worry about it, Xing."

Yixing looks as if he had something to say but before he could open his mouth, the classroom door is flung open and the teacher - Mr. Do - looks very excited for a 28 year old man. Lu Han wonders if Mr. Do won the lottery or is suddenly announced that he was actually the son of the queen.

"Good morning class!" Mr. Do says with his 100 mega watt smile and Lu Han cringes at the sudden brightness. Everyhting seems to be happening in slow motion.

"Today is a very lucky day because we have a transfer student coming into our class!"

Close enough.

Twenty-three eyes stare at the door as a handsome-looking male student walks inside the classroom with ease.

"Hello, everyone," He says breezily and he doesn't even try to introduce himself before walking into the seat right next to Lu Han.

Lu Han freezes for a second - what should he do? say hello or what - and watches as the transfer student gives Lu Han a lazy smile. His eyes look a little too bright to be brown - but Lu Han decides to push away the unless thoughts for now.

"Hey," he says carefully, making sure his voice doesn't crack because the male is indeed very, very goodlooking. What's up with the attractive transfer students lately?

His new seat mate looks up and bows his head - not replying - before leaning over and taking out his workbooks. Frowning, Lu Han does the same and he doesn't talk to his seat mate for the rest of the class.

 

 

 

 

didn't want to end with a cliffhanger because i'm not mean guys. i love comments. ^ ^