Rekindling The Fire

Teenfinite Are My Boyfriends?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MORGAN POV

I woke up the next morning, a little disoriented and not entirely sure of what happened.

Everything was all a blur, like I’d been drinking, but I was almost positive I didn’t.

I looked over, getting acclimated with my surroundings when I saw him lying there—on the bed next to me.

He was sound asleep; his eyes closed peacefully and his breathing calm. His back was turned towards me, but what the blankets didn’t cover is what got my attention.

The sight of Sunggyu’s shocked me to my very core.

Swallowing hard, I looked under the covers at my own body thinking I’d find what I was dreading, but all I saw were the clothes I had on from yesterday, exactly where they should be.

So, if it wasn’t what I’d been thinking, then why couldn’t I remember anything?

“Sunggyu, wake up”, I whispered, shaking his shoulder.

He groaned in his sleep, but turned over on his other side. He opened his eyes slowly, smiling when he saw me.

“What the hell happened last night”, I asked.

“Well good morning to you too”, he said, sitting up, rubbing his eyes.

I bit my lip nervously. “Did we, um—

He looked over at me. “No, we didn’t. I just prefer sleeping without a shirt on.”

A huge wave of relief washed over me and I was able to take a deep breath finally.

“But we got pretty close to it. We were both really upset so I got us a few drinks from the bar downstairs. We must’ve sat and talked for hours, just casually drinking. I guess you can’t handle your alcohol because after only a glass and a half, you got really drunk. I tried to lead you to the bed so you could sleep, but you pulled me down with you, flirting with me, trying to take my clothes off. I was tempted just to let you have what you wanted, but my conscience stopped me. You were wasted and I wasn’t going to take advantage of you like that.”

“I don’t feel like I have a hangover though.”

“I gave you medicine to help so you wouldn’t wake up with one. You would’ve been puking your guts out if I hadn’t.”

“I’m really sorry, Sunggyu”, I said, hanging my head in shame.

“Don’t be; I should’ve known after that night you drank with Niel that giving you alcohol probably wasn’t the smartest idea.”

“Would it have been such a bad thing if you didn’t stop last night?”

“Yes, because you technically couldn’t have given me plausible consent. Plus, you wouldn’t have remembered it anyway.”

“It’s a shame that I can’t even recall what we talked about. I guess it’s safe to assume we’re on civilized terms again?”

He smirked and leaned over, kissing me sweetly. “Most definitely”, he said after he pulled away.

He got up and put his shirt back on. “I’ll meet you down at breakfast. Maybe we can go on a walk later today?”

I was still a little lost in my own thoughts so it took me a few moments to realize Sunggyu was talking to me. “Huh? Oh yeah, sure”, I replied, smiling sheepishly.

He returned my grin and left the room.

The only thing I could remember from the night before was I think I told Sunggyu I loved him.

I tried desperately to replay part of our conversation in my head, hoping that by doing so, it would trigger my memory.

As I was trying to remember, I happened to look over and nearby on the small end table was a half empty bottle of alcohol. It looked familiar; I guess this was what I’d been drinking last night. I stood up and walked over to it, picking it up and turning it in my hands.

And that’s when everything came flooding back.

 

~The previous night~

“You really don’t know how much you hurt me, do you”, I heard him say from behind me.

I turned around to face him, not caring if he saw the tears running down my cheeks. “I do know, but what else could I do?”

“You could have at least given me some kind of answer. Anything would have been better than the hope you gave me, only to just take it away again.”

“I thought if I gave it more time, I would be able to come up with something, but it got harder the longer I waited”, I said honestly.

“Fine, now that we’re standing here, tell me exactly how you feel. And I promise I won’t get upset, no matter what you say”, he said, almost angrily.

This was my one shot to tell him how I truly felt. I took a deep breath and continued. “I do love you, Sunggyu. But I’m still not sure if I’m in love with you. Does that make sense?”

I was expecting him to be upset, but he almost looked surprised, as if he wasn’t prepared to hear that from me.

But too suddenly, he walked straight up to me and pressed his lips against mine. I immediately closed my eyes and felt myself melt into his comforting embrace.

All thoughts of Woohyun, Niel, and the others were gone. All that was left was Sunggyu and I.

I felt his tongue swipe over my bottom lip. I parted my lips just a tiny bit, allowing him to gain access into my mouth. He was ever so gentle, holding me like he was afraid if he let me go, I would vanish into thin air right before his very eyes.

I wanted the kiss to last longer, but I had to pull away to breathe, much quicker than Sunggyu would have had to, being the singer that he is.

He planted soft kisses on my cheek all the way down to my neck, smiling as he did so.

I giggled at the tickling sensation his lips left, hitting his chest lightly to make him stop.

He left one more lingering kiss on my lips before wrapping his arms around me.

“I thought I’d never hear you say those words”, he said breathlessly into my hair.

I smiled and hugged him tighter. “I never thought I’d be able to say those words”, I replied.

He pulled away to look at me. “Why was it so difficult for you to say?” His tone wasn’t one that was upset; he was genuinely curious to know why.

“I don’t know—”, I said, taking a seat in a nearby chair. “I guess I thought by telling you I loved you, I was taking away any chance the others might have.”

Sitting across from me, Sunggyu nodded, like he understood my reasoning perfectly. “I see—I’m sorry I made it so hard for you. You put their feelings before your own because you didn’t want to hurt them and I respect that.”

“There’s one thing I don’t understand completely. Why would Woohyun be the one to want us to get back together?”

He chuckled. “That’s Nam Woohyun for you. He has a heart of gold; always putting others before himself.”

“I can’t believe he’s just going to let me go so easily though.”

“Morgan, he can see how much pain we were both in and to be honest, as much as us being together has caused problems for both Infinite and Teen Top, us not talking at all hurt our groups more. He realized that and despite his feelings for you, he knew that in order to fix everything, he had to get us back together.”

“I just feel bad for him. I really thought he and I could actually end up together—”, I admitted trailing off at the end.

“And what about us”, Sunggyu questioned, raising an eyebrow.

“Well, I only came to this conclusion after I thought we were done for and there was no possibility of us getting back together.”

“Ah, I see. But we are now and that’s all the matters, right?”

I nodded. “Of course.”

He got up and kissed the top of my head. “I’m going to get us something to drink. I have a feeling this is going to be a long night. Do you have any alcohol preferences?”

“Uh, whatever you’re having is okay”, I said, biting my lip.

I watched him walk out of the room before exhaling the breath I had been holding in. I don’t know why all of a sudden I had butterflies in my stomach. Is this what love actually felt like? Or was I just nervous about the possibility of what could end up happening between us tonight?

I didn’t get much time to contemplate my tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter