[NEWS] EXO - 130925 Ize magazine: “EXO│D.O, Kai’s story”

EXO-TODAY! 2013
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After the outdoor photo shoot, D.O. sat shyly, teasing a caterpillar with a small leaf. “Why are its feet so small?” D.O. said, wide-eyed after spotting a pair of baby shoes in the studio. He might seem like a perpetual child sometimes but when in actuality, he is a ‘real man.’ After the group shoot has started, he took a spot in the middle and said “Now, let’s go” and sternly got a hold of the members’ attention. Like that, he displays his charismatic side, after first looking like a child. That contrast shows his real charm.

 

D.O. Born on January 12th 1993, EXO-K’s main vocal. In the EXO music video teaser released recently, he played the role of getting hit hard by Luhan, and the director chose this role according to his image. But the director probably didn’t see the real image.. or did he? Do I really have that image? The members continuously tease me about it. I don’t know the reason behind it. I don’t have any other way of displaying a dignified manner, so I’ll have to treat the members the way I always do.

I have to show ‘aegyo’ sometimes but ‘aegyo’ is really difficult. The meats that I grill tastes better than other members’ grilled meat, so I became in charge of ‘grilling meat’. I don’t have any special know-how, but when I grill, I develop a sense of indescribable ‘feel’ and know when it’s good. Oh, It would be fun to appear on KBS Midnight Snack Bar but I don’t have a recipe to show yet. It’s a misconception that I’m a good cook, but rather, I simply enjoy cooking. The members revealed during an interview that I am like a mother, taking care of them so well, so I was solidified with that image.

(Q. Could it be because the members just want you to do it?)

But I don’t comply with their orders. I cook what I want to and then we eat together. I really like to sing along to Chanyeol’s guitar. We harmonize well since we’ve been practicing ever since being trainees. When I play in a different note, Chanyeol naturally follows and when he changes, I naturally follow.

(Chanyeol: We practiced about 15 different songs to play after we debut)

Yeah, ‘Nothin’ On You’ played at KBS 2FM was one of them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter