Twenty-Fifth

At First Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Oh Sehun

I was locked inside the black van together with 2 other men. Both of them had their hands wrapped around my arms like a snake, firmly holding onto them. I let out a low grunt, glaring holes into the head of the secretary. The secretary turned around when the driver stopped at the traffic light. Realizing that he had finally caught me, especially in such a vulnerable state, he smirked.

“You!?” I attempted to stand up, only to be pushed down onto the seat by the 2 men beside me. I glared at both of them. They looked in front, avoiding my eyes. I scoffed, “Who are they? I don’t remember seeing them before. Are they new?”

The secretary laughed and then faced the front, ignoring my question. I raised an eyebrow at him, obviously unhappy with his ‘reply’, “Shouldn’t you be more respectful to me? I am your boss’ son after all.”

“I thought you never regarded Mr Oh as your father.” He commented, still facing the front. My hands curled into fists. That secretary was so annoying. He looks a few years older than me. If only I could just lift my arm and throw a fist into his perfect cheek.

“When are we reaching? It’s been so long since I’ve met him. I’m so excited. Have you been serving my father well?” I said sarcastically, “Oh right, of course you’ve been serving him well, you caught me.”

I could tell the secretary was tensing up. He loosened his tie with his right hand and let out a breath. “Listen,” He turned around to face me, “I thought gangsters like you don’t like talking? Your mouth is exceptionally itchy.”

This I wanted to punch his face so badly. He was so two-faced, looking like a obedient worker in front of others but he’s actually as bad as me. I sat up straight, challenging him, “What if I told my father about your attitude towards me now?”

“Do you think I’m afraid?” He laughed, slapping his thigh, “He was the one who told me not to be respectful to you.”

~

“The office building has been renovated. The chairman’s office is the third room from the right.”

The secretary left me to walk to my ‘father’s’ office on my own, saying that it was better for my pride. However, the office building security was so tight, even if I wanted to leave, I would get caught trying to sneak out of the window from the toilet.

I stopped in front of the third office. The name ‘Oh Sung Man’ was on the door, along with his position below it, ‘Chairman of Oh Medical’. Next to the door was the list of research and drug centers, hospitals and offices Oh Medical owned. Below the list, listed down the former chairmen of the cooperation. Oh Sung Joon, Oh Han Soo, my grandfather and great-grandfather respectively.

“Father! Look at this! Who are they?” 8 year old Sehun asked the middle-aged man behind him. The man let out a low laugh as he pointed at the names, ‘Oh Sung Joon’ and ‘Oh Han Soo’.

“These names, do you recognize them? Think harder, son.”

“Sung Joon? Sung… Joon…” Sehun thought hard, placing a finger on his chin. His eyes brightened, “Is it grandpa?”

“That’s my smart boy.” The man ruffled Sehun’s hair, “That’s your grandfather’s name. Next to it, is your great-grandfather’s name. One day, my name will be here. While yours…” He carried Sehun up, so that he could see the name on the door clearly, “Your name will be here.”

“Really?” Sehun asked excitedly. He had never had his name on a public door like this. (duh, he was only eight)

The man patted Sehun’s head softly, “Work hard, son. You’ll get there.”

I ran my fingers over the name on the door. I was sure now that I didn’t want to have my name there. There was too much I had to do. Too many expectations, too many restrictions. I felt trapped.

Taking a deep breath, I knocked on the door twice before turning the door knob. As the door opened, I saw my father sitting at the far end of the room, talking on the office phone with an agitated expression.

His eyes landed on me. He stopped talking for a moment and blinked twice. This was probably the first time he had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter