Special Guest

Brother-In-Law?!

You woke up from sleep from your alarm and stifled a yawn. You checked your phone and saw that it was 7 a.m. on a Sunday, the day you always did your morning jog. You stood up and stretched before washing up.

After you were done, you wore a hoodie and track pants, then braided your long hair. You checked if your sister is inside her room, but it was locked, so you decided to leave a note.

Sis, I went for a jog. Will be back in an hour.

-Hwamin (0720h)

You pasted the note on the kitchen fridge and hoped your sis would see that small piece of paper. You did some work-out before you went out with your favourite sneakers.

You started jogging immediately after you came out of the house, since it was pretty cold outside. You had been studying your neighbourhood for a few days and finally mapped out the route which you were going to take, totaling a distance of 5km, with breaks.

People often comment that you were so detailed with things, and it's good as it would definitely make your life easier, because you had a little clumsiness which you inherited from your.. sister.. actually.

You had already jogged for twenty minutes, non-stop and decided to take a break. You strode to a nearby bench and sat on it, and stretched your feet, enjoying the cold, morning air. You took a deep breath after you had closed your eyes and released it, and you felt at peace.

Until you felt someone's presence.                                

You opened your eyes and saw a stranger with a jogging suit and messy red hair. He was looking at you with an innocent face, bending down. You had to admit he looks very cute, around your age, but still you shouldn't trust strangers.

You lifted an eyebrow and asked, “Is there anything you want..?”

He blinked his eyes and kind of snapped out of his own world. “Uhh, no. Just saying, you look familliar. Are you from _________ University?” he asked you.

You nodded slowly, guessing that he's also from your campus. You saw that his expression brightened up a bit. It was weird but it made your heart jump a little.

“Oh, well, hello there! I thought I saw you a few days ago at campus,” he smiled warmly. “I’m Jinyoung, by the way, Jung Jinyoung.”

He stretched his hand for you to shake it, and you shook it, surprised by the warmth of his hands even though it was cold. You didn’t notice he smiled at your 'oh-so' cute reaction.

When you let go, he asked you again, “So, what's your name–”

*Geubi dalla, nam dalla te te te tege dalla, I like it, I like it* your phone rang, cutting Jinyoung's words. You immediately whip out your phone and smiled apologetically to him before answering the call from Hwarin.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Min! Finally,” you heard Hwarin sighed.

“Uhh, so why?” Hwamin asked.

“Min please hurry home! There's a special guest waiting for you,” you heard a tinge of excitement at the edge of her voice.

“Oh, I'll rush home!!” I replied and ended the call.

“Uhh.. so..” you heard Jinyoung's voice behind you but you cut him off again.

“Mianhae Jinyoung, I need to go home now, maybe we'll meet somewhere at campus to continue? I really need to go now, annyeong!” you said everything in a rush and turned to run back home, not forgetting to wave at him.

Jinyoung was left there, stunned. But he smiled to himself, knowing he would meet you in your campus anyway. He began to walk away, leaving the place and back home to change out of his clothes.

In the meantime, you, who had reached home, panted heavily and wiped the sweat around your face before unlocking the door. You peeked in and saw a blonde guy sitting on the couch with your sis, and they were talking like they'd never seen each other for years. You tried to listen to their conversation and you heard a very familliar voice. No, not your sister's, but the guy's one.

*No.. no.. it couldn't be..* you thought and whispered, “Luhan ge...?”

He turned around and beamed when he saw you. You were shocked and happy at the same time, and you ran towards him and hugged your beloved cousin tightly.

“Omona, gege is this really you?!” you exclaimed when you pulled back. You pinched his cheeks and giggled.

“Yah, you don't believe this me? You don't know me..?” he pouted cutely. “I still smell your same perfume..” he smirked.

“Yahh!!!” you slapped him on the arm.

“Ahem..” a voice beside them sounded, which happened to belong to your sis.

“Ehehe.. sorry unnie,” you grinned sheepishly and bowed at a 90° angle. "Annyeong unnie, ni hao gege, good morning," you bowed at them again.

“Aigoo, you don't need to be so formal,” Luhan chuckled. “By the way, you can talk to me in Korean, that’s okay.”

“Omo you learnt Korean already! Daebak!” you exclaimed as you sat down between Luhan and Hwarin excitedly, because you had not seen Luhan, your cousin who lived in China, for a long time. Luhan ruffled your hair and Hwarin shook her head at the both of you. She then gestured to Luhan to say something. He took a deep breath before saying the following in a breath

“Min, I'm going to the same university as you!" Luhan squealed (like a girl).

Your eyes widened and, “Jinjja?!?! But why? Why not in China?”

“You really don't want me here do  you,” Luhan narrowed his eyes.

Your sis suddenly burst out laughing and both of you looked at her weirdly.

“Hahaha!! You guys, gosh.. so cute. You should be together! Haha!! Oh my gosh..” Your sis was hysterical.

Luhan gave you an 'is-she-crazy' look but you just shrugged your shoulders.

“Anyway,” Hwarin shook her head, trying to control her laughter. “Luhan is here because,” Hwarin's tone changed, “Aunt Lee and Uncle Lu.. divorced..”

You gasped. You didn't expect that at all. You looked at Luhan again, now seeing the eyebags around his eyes, faint wrinkles and watery eyes.. His face was aging.

*Oh my.. I pity him so much..* you thought sadly.

“And.. he had to go through the pain his parents go through,” Hwarin continued, “but now after they divorced, he doesn't want to live with either of them so he came to Korea to live with us, since, uh.. you know, Hwamin, you're his favourite cousin and all.”

Luhan grinned playfully at you and you scoffed, “Really.. but if you live here don't think of doing anything wrong, okay!”

Luhan and Hwarin gaped at you in disbelief. You remained your serious face and stared at them back, until Luhan cleared his throat and Hwarin followed. You smirked at both of them.

“So.. Luhan ge, you're not a freshman.. A year above me, right?” you asked Luhan to avoid the awkwardness.

“Yeahp.. I'll be joining tomorrow, if that's okay," he replied.

“Definitely okay!” you showed him a thumbs-up.

“Hwamin, Luhan will be sleeping in the guest room, could you show him where is the bedroom while I prepare some brunch?” Hwarin assigned you.

You nodded and stood up while Luhan did the same. You beckoned him to follow you to his room and he hopped to your side.

“So how’s life at the moment?” Luhan chirped.

“It’s fine…” you replied. “How’s yours?”

“Hrm… I found myself a babe,” he wiggled his eyebrows.

You shook your head, laughing. Your cousin was finally growing up now, he found himself a girlfriend. You were a bit jealous, not because you liked him but because you still didn’t like anyone.

“So why did you leave her? She’s Chinese right?” you asked him.

“She’s Chinese-Korean, like me! Isn’t that awesome, and we will have babies of the same kind,” he giggled.

You snorted, “Wow, you’re not married and you thought of having babies, or maybe by chance have you done that thing already?”

“Omg, what! No! Not yet you squirt! Not yet,” he gasped. You smirked and continued up the stairs to the guestroom, with him trailing behind, sulking.


A/N: Ayo readers! I'm back.. I can't update frequently because my parents are thinking of confiscating my phone and laptop T^T wae?!?! They say I use them as if i got business! I really do.. lol. I'm actually trying to make a poster for my own story, and if it's possible i can join my friend's postershop (Roll Like A Buffalo Poster Shop).. hehe.. she makes posters so pro, i do so.. >.< anyways.. i'll try to update asap!!

and btw, no, luhan is not gonna have any romance with either Hwamin (you) or Hwarin, but there will be some skinshps, just saying ;D the next chapter will start with a boring morning again.. haha. dont forget to COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE and prefably UPVOTE. ok that's all, papai~