II

The Cupid Called Panda

Author's notes: Wow, I didn't expect this kind of response from you. Thank you very much for the readers who subscribed on this story, the ones who made my heart swell by commenting, and the people who voted this. Really, I'm thankful. You guys put a smile on my face. Kansahamnida!


“Hyung! What a pleasure seeing you lying there!” I sarcastically said as I entered Seunghyun hyung’s room. I went to his villa to make sure he wouldn't do anything stupid on the day of his date with Bom noona.

He looked irritable by now. I even heard him grunt. “Why are you even here? I still don’t forget what you did to me last time.”

“Hyung, is that what’s good for you? I’m not the one who benefitted, right?” I chimed as I sat with hyung on his bed.

He gave me that scary scowl. “If you’re not my co-member, I would have punched you in the face right now.” I knew then that he really meant that.

“Then hyung, why don’t you just do it instead of saying it?” I retorted fearlessly, not minding the fact that he was three years older than me.

Sparking his competitive nature, he bit back. “Are you asking for it? You know that I’ve hit you many times in the head and I wouldn’t hesitate to hit your annoying panda face. It’s really irritating my eyes. But if you really want to…” He then raised his fist in midair, aimed at me.

I immediately put my hands in the air in defense. “Woah, woah, woah hyung! Calm down, I’m just kidding. Geez, can’t you take a joke?”

Our conversation got cut-off when hyung’s phone rang. When he saw the one who was calling, I saw his face change into something unfathomable. He then answered the call.

“Oh Bom noona.” His voice was neutral by now that it scared the hell out of me.

“I’m at my house and I forgot to tell you something.”

He paused for a little and continued. “Noona, would it be okay for you that I’m cancelling the date? I remembered I had other important things to do today.”

My mouth went wide with shock. Really? Hyung was really doing this? I know hyung wasn’t really doing anything because I remember him coercing our manager to clear up our schedule for today.

I could hear noona speaking irately over the phone even if the call was private, something along the lines of, “you promised” or maybe I was just hearing things.

“I’m sorry,” hyung said without sounding apologetic at all. “But I couldn’t cancel this.” The problem was; do hyung really had a plan today? Why was he lounging on his bed then?

“I’m really sorry, did you arrive there already? He-Hello? Noona, are you there?” I knew then that noona hanged up.

So this was hyung’s plan, pretending to go to their date giving high hopes to noona then cancelling it up to the last minute. Really evil, hyung.

“I’m not saying this because I’m teasing you but you’re really childish, hyung.”

He snorted and lay on his bed with his arms propped up behind his head. “As if I don’t know that already.”

“If you continue doing this, you’ll end up losing Bom noona. She is not the type to crush on somebody. She’s the type to move on with another man if she senses that her person of interest is not feeling the same way with her.”

He raised his head and raised his eyebrow at me. “Oh, like what she did with Jiyong yesterday? And since when were you a love guru?”

I sighed frustratingly. This was not going well. “Bom noona is always like that with Ji hyung! You know that they always bicker whenever they see each other, right? If you think that they have feelings for each other, why aren’t they a couple yet? Besides, aren’t you heartless? It’s freezing cold out there and noona might be really cold at this moment waiting for you on your date—which by the way, you decided to cancel. I’m going to throw this question at you to make you ponder and erase your doubts: why is she showing that she’s interested in you after your date then? Do you think that that’s something?”

That made him think. The silence in the room was cut off when my phone rang. I fished it out from my pocket and learned that it was from Dara noona. I then answered the call. “Hello noona?”

“Yah, panda! This is your entire fault! Bommie just called me and she was close to tears! Does that punk don’t know how to prioritize?”

Why am I always yelled at? I didn't even do anything wrong! Ah, the life of a maknae.

I glanced at hyung who really looked like he was pondering about what I said earlier. “I’m really sorry, noona. I’ll make it up, I promise.”

“And how would you do that, huh?”

My mind went blank, as I didn’t know what to answer her. “I-I don’t know, noona. I’ll think of something, I guess.”

“That’s it! This will be the last time I’m speaking to you about topics like this. I’m officially not your partner anymore. I don’t want to see Bommie get hurt like this, understand?” She didn’t let me reply as she ended the call.

I scratched my head as I stared at my phone screen. There was too much drama going around. If I could only glare at hyung…

I got up from the bed and proceeded on exiting the room but then, hyung just had to ask me about it. “Where are you going?”

I stopped on my heel to glance at him. “Damage control,” I replied then exited the house to get into my car without looking back. I started the engine and proceeded to the amusement park where the two would supposedly date. Good thing I found out about it first before Dara noona became berserk.

When I arrived at the entrance of the amusement park, I spotted a hooded woman wearing a thick jacket that looked exactly like Bom noona’s figure. She was easy to spot because she was the only one hanging around on the entrance gates.

I knew for sure that only woman was Bom noona. She was not obvious; I just recognized her because of the frequent meetings at the company that I was familiar with the vibe she was giving.

Her head was down and because she was wearing a hood, I couldn’t see her face. Even if she was just like that, I could feel her sadness.

Noona, why were you still not going home after being ditched by hyung?

Being a cupid and a peacemaker was tricky for a maknae like me.

The sky was already obscure and the moon’s light was the only one illuminating the whole place besides from the lively appearance of the amusement park lights behind the entrance.

Aish, hyung, why do you have to make Bom noona wait there if it was nighttime already? Don’t you know that there were a lot of bad guys out there?

I wore my hoodie jacket, overlapping the jacket that I was already wearing, a surgical mask and large, dark-tinted sunglasses that I always keep before getting out of the car. I think it was smart for hyung that they meet in the evening to avoid people noticing them.

After completing my disguise, I grabbed my car keys and went out of the car. I still looked if there were people who could recognize me even if there wasn’t much of a crowd there. I then proceeded walking at noona’s place. She still didn’t notice my presence as she looked like she was deep in thought.

“Noona,” I whispered hastily, my voice muffled by the mask.

She looked up and I saw surprise register in her eyes. “Seungri.”

Was my disguise that noticeable?

Apprehensively rubbing my hands together to subside the cold racking my entire body even though I wore thick clothes, I asked, “How did you know that it was me, noona?”

She shrugged. “Maybe I’m used to hearing your voice. I always hear it whenever I come to the YGE building. You’re not that discreet; do you know that? Even if I’m walking at the hallway or in the other room, I could hear it. It always seems like you’re creating a ruckus with just your voice. Anyways, what are you doing here?”

Used to hearing things like that, I just shrugged off her remark. I replied, “I’m accompanying you noona just for today.” Seeing her crestfallen expression, I wonder if what I was doing was right. “What, you don’t want to?”

She nodded vigorously. Ouch noona. “Of course. I was supposed to have a date yet you’re here. What if some people recognize us? I’d rather be caught in dating rumors with Jiyong than you.”

But I really want to get inside the amusement park! I want to experience it just for once! If noona didn’t want to be with me, then I’ll go inside by myself. It’s her loss, not mine.

She then sighed deeply, as if consoling me. “But since you’re here, let’s just get this over and done with.”

I smiled like a kid even though she couldn’t see it. “Then, let’s go inside already, noona!”

She laughed at my childish antics and led the way in entering the amusement park but then, I stopped her. “Noona, if you don’t want to get caught, stay behind my back,” I said while looking at her face that didn’t have anything to hide at all. I wonder how she survived here without people seeing her.

Sensing that we would be in trouble if she would be going in like this, I removed my mask and gave it to her. “Wear it noona so that we could enjoy this activity longer.”

She took the mask, wore it and followed my instructions to go behind my back. I pulled the extra surgical mask I had on my jacket’s pocket and put it on.

Now that I’m assured that we’re safe, we were ready to get inside. “Where do you want to go first, noona?”

Please let it be the roller coaster, please, please, please!

“I want to ride the roller coaster!” she jubilantly replied, much like a child.

My face brightened up when I heard the right words. “To the roller coaster then!”

Before completely entering the amusement park, we had to pay for tickets. I bought tickets for the two of us and noona greatly insisted that she would buy hers but still, I didn’t let her. It would greatly hurt my pride as a man.

We then proceeded to the ride’s line with me glancing every now and then to my back to see if noona was still following me. I could say that the line for the ride was jam-packed but I was still enthusiastic about riding it so I didn’t mind.

At the middle of waiting, I could feel noona gripping the fabric of my jacket tightly that I just had to glance behind. Her head was down low, much more down than earlier.

“She looks like an idol.”

“Do you think that they are a celebrity couple?”

“Yeah, they’re wearing suspicious clothes though.”

I looked up from Bom noona to look at the couple who was starting to spot us. Even if we cover up ourselves proficiently, it was the inevitable that our idol auras were sending off waves in the air. Running away wouldn’t solve anything as that would get us suspicious and besides, we’ve waited for so long at the line.

I tried to get my voice in baritone, as my normal one would raise brows. If this couple was a diehard Seungri fan, then we’ll be dead. Otherwise, I’ll be glad that I could find my own fans here in the amusement park. “We’re such a couple, don’t you think? But we’re definitely not an idol! It was an overwhelming compliment for us that you see us that way.”

Not only did it dispel any doubts on the couple but it also dispelled the doubts of the people that we were with at the line. They must have sensed something too.

They looked at each other and whispered but was still enough for us to hear. “They’re not it.” After saying that, they left.

Whew, being an idol in disguise was a tedious work!

I felt noona’s grip on my back loosen. “Are you okay, noona?”

She nooded in response. “I’m fine.”

We waited for a little more and we had come to a decision not to speak with each other to avoid people recognizing our voice. After waiting for a long time, it was finally our turn to ride.

“I advise you to take off your glasses, sir.”

I shook my head. “I’ll just remove it when we’re seated.”

The staff just looked at me weirdly but let me do as I wish. After all, who would want to wear sunglasses at nighttime?

We then proceeded to pick seats. After picking one, we started to buckle up. I removed my sunglasses and pocketed it. Afterwards, I glanced at noona who was beside me. I could sense her excited state, much the same as mine.

Well, it’s been years since we went to an amusement park after all. Idol work could be tiring and because of the public and our busy schedules, we don’t have time for activities like this.

The roller coaster started to move and my excitement increased greatly. Oh this was going to be fun! At first, it was going steady with the pace. Then, the ride started going up. The anticipation for the impending event was enough to send sugars on my system. I could barely sit still.

When the ride fell down as if we encountered some waterfall, I could hear noona and my screams bellowing loudly in the air. I was actually embarrassed that I was producing more screams than noona.

We went up and down, topsy turvy and we seem to defy gravity. We went to all sorts of direction possible and I was perfectly aware of that horrifying face I was putting on right now. I was told that roller coasters would be fun. I couldn’t even tell if this was heaven of hell.

After we got off the roller coaster, I immediately put my hands in my knees, clutching my heart whilst panting. Bom noona laughed at my state, mocking me.

“You’re weak at this, Seungri!”

I just sighed blearily. “Ah, noona. Can we… can we just drop the scary rides?”

She chuckled once more and grabbed my arm, dragging me elsewhere. “You can’t be like this! We have to ride the pirate ship and the drop tower! Come on; get your girly moving!”

I wore an appalled look on my face. “Noona!”

I went with noona to all different rides found here, as I wasn’t given the chance to object. I could pretty much predict my state at the end of the day.

Other than the torturous time I had with noona, it was good thing that people still doesn’t identify us. They were probably too caught up with the rides themselves.

After riding several rides, we decided to rest first before going another round in the park. There were numerous rides yet we have to experience. We bought food for ourselves and sat at a bench a distance from the crowd.

“Are you having fun, noona?” I queried while the ice cream I was holding. Actually, I need not to ask that considering what she put me through here.

Having removed her mask since we sat at this bench, I could see her visible smiling face and replied, “Very!”

I know she would be happy anytime and anywhere if she had corn in her hands like what she was having right now.

“Would you be more happy if the one you’re with is Seunghyun hyung?” I can’t help but ask her.

She stopped eating corns and looked at me. “What are you saying, Seungri? I bet I’ll be not having as much fun as what I’m feeling right now if I’m with him! Why do you even brought up his name?”

So she was still angry with him, I see.

“That’s what happens if you get him jealous,” I muttered unconsciously and I regretted doing it. I quickly covered my mouth with my free hand.

“What did you say?” Noona was now looking at me with her cat-like eyes. She set aside the corns she was holding. I was now afraid as her two hands were unrestricted. Even if I run at this rate, she could just grab me and tie me down. You must have seen what she did with Seunghyun hyung and Ji hyung last time, right? She didn’t hesitate on hitting them even though they were her sunbaes.

I looked away from her, afraid that I would mention something again that would really make me receive hyung’s knuckle sandwich. “I-I’m not saying anything.”

“Yah, Seungri! Don’t lie to me!”

I cringed at the loudness of her voice. If I was Seunghyun hyung or Ji hyung, she must have hit me already. But still, I wasn’t off the hook. I know by then that I would not escape her clutches. “Okay, noona. But please don’t tell me on hyung, alright?”

She raised her hand in response. “I promise.”

I sighed deeply and said, “Hyung got really jealous when you played with Ji hyung the other day. That’s why he intentionally didn’t show up. It would really hurt him if he sees that you’re getting cozy with someone else.”

I’m willing to receive hyung’s wrath than noona’s, I concluded.

Her reaction was just laughing at me. “That’s really a funny one, Seungri. Why would he even like me?”

But then, her expression changed into a furious one. “If he really likes me, why would he waste this chance to have a date with me, huh? He should’ve thought carefully about this! What does he think of me? Does he think that I’ll chase him even though he’s handsome, talented and—argh! He’s not that great! He’s not! He’s definitely not!” she exploded then crossed her arms with a pout marring her face.

I then saw a familiar figure in the crowd in front of us. I’m not definitely sure if my hunch was right. “Noona—” I tried to tell her but she cut me off.

“Okay, maybe I like him—a little. But why would he get jealous because of Jiyong? He knows him better than that. He should know that we’re frenemies and that would stay as that. Does he know that he’s the reason why I would visit the practice room every time your group has rehearsals? Does he know that I spend almost my time there even though it could be quite boring waiting for him just to have a bit of his time? Can’t he see my efforts at all? Sheesh, he’s really…”

I smirked evilly after thinking of a heinous plan. That familiar figure was closing in on us. After getting a clear image of that person, I was sure that my hunch was exactly accurate. “Noona, do you want to see the truth yourself?”

She looked at me dubiously. “What are you thinking?”

I ate the remaining ice cream in my hands with one mouthful (that I was sure made me look like a monkey), stood up and hauled her up into my arms, making her stand up too. I tried hard to swallow the ice cream I just ate. While I was doing that, I was looking at the person among the vast crowd moving closer to us. I was feeling excited and nervous at the same time but goodness; I hope this works.

“Seungri, what are you doing? My corn might fall down!” noona just exclaimed, half-confused on what I was doing right now.

I gripped her tightly between my arms in response. “Just hang in there, noona.”

Someone then forcefully broke my hold on noona and I knew then that my plan was effective. But then, I realized the consequences of my action. I was going to be doomed for sure.

“Seunghyun!” she exclaimed with astonishment evident on her face.

He hissed ferociously at me. “Just wait for it, panda.” He then turned to look at Bom noona who he was still holding on her wrist. “I let you out of my sight for a moment and then, I see you here hugging the playboy panda. Is this your twisted way of getting back at me?”

Noona angrily shook off his hold on him and glared. “He’s just trying to help me out after you ditched me on our date. Do you even know whose fault is this that things turned out this way? You even have the guts to show your face! Bastard!”

She kicked hyung’s leg that made him crouch and hold it. “Noona!” I shouted at her, eyes wide with what was happening right now.

“Why did you do that?” hyung retorted angrily.

She puffed her cheeks and folded her arms. “That’s not even half of what I’m feeling right now!”

I’m so glad I chose a place away from the crowd. By just watching this scene, they were creating a ruckus. I should just leave the two be and decide not to meddle with their emotional affairs for now.

“I think I should be leaving,” I muttered but hyung held my hoodie, even to the point of stretching it farther that could potentially rip my jacket. I was feeling his fury with just that vice grip he had on me.

“Where do you think you’re going, panda? I’m not finished with you,” hyung declared while looking at me with those scary eyes.

“But hyung! I was just trying to help you fix your issues! I did that just for you! I didn’t do anything wrong, I swear!” I tried to defend myself because I wouldn’t want to make hyung think otherwise. I wouldn’t prefer hugging noona but if it would trigger the inner beast of hyung, then I would do it. After all, I made it my job to get these two together.

“Let go of Seungri, Seunghyun! He’s out of this!” Bom noona tried to help me but alas, a hulk hyung was hard to convince.

“Why did you even go with him? You should’ve gone home instead and ignored this panda.”

So a panda like me should be ignored?! So I don’t have the right to be with Bom noona on a friendly date? Let me remind you hyung that I was the one to clean up the mess you made!

Ah, how I wish I could say that in front of hyung’s face but I know I would receive terrible backlash if ever that happened.

She inhaled deeply and looked at the ground instead. I know that looking at hyung was making things hard for her. “This wouldn’t have happened if you attended this date. If you have prioritized me more… If you just let go of your jealousy and see my efforts… If you just sensed that I like you…”

My eyes widened when I heard the last part. Man, things were escalating quickly. Was that… was what I heard right? She admitted, right? She really said that she liked hyung!

By then, hyung’s features softened. She put both of her hands on his cheeks. “I can’t believe I’m saying this but as I realize that it’s taking too long for you to do this…”

Was this the part that they would supposedly kiss? Okay, I shouldn’t really be here right now.

“Bommie…” Hyung then made his face closer to noona.

As much as I want this to happen, I wouldn’t want to see it with my own two eyes. I crossed my arms and looked at the two boredly. “Hyung, if you want some privacy to yourselves, you have to let me go.”

Hyung stopped midway and looked at me dangerously. Whether it was because I interrupted something I shouldn’t have or it was because of my actions earlier, I wouldn’t know. “I’ll deal with you later.” He then let go of my hoodie and looked back again at noona.

When I was freed, I decided to leave the amusement park, as I was beat up for the day. I also wouldn’t want to witness hyung acting all mushy. I would have to see them again if I decided to roam around there for a bit longer.

I didn’t know what happened afterwards. All I heard from him before I left there was, “Would you give this bastard another chance to have a date with you again then?”

Well, I guess my cupid skills wouldn’t be needed anymore.


June 2013

My eyes immediately sparkled when I saw Bom noona coming this way. It was a good decision to hang out at the practice room because I know that they would be rehearsing for their upcoming comeback.

A year had passed since Big Bang’s comeback. It was also a year since Bom noona and Seunghyun hyung’s relationship ‘improved’. I didn’t know what word to use because even at this point of time, the two really didn’t confirm anything. It was like they’re more than friends but less than lovers and it was confusing the hell out of me.

And just when I thought that I would be stopping my matchmaking abilities…

2012 was really a busy year for Big Bang not just because of our comeback but because of our world tour. We were busy every day and I couldn’t remember a moment where we took a step back to breathe.

At one stop on our world tour, I saw Bom noona. I remembered she once treated all the staff with meals. She was then seen chatting with Seunghyun hyung most of the times. I didn’t know how Bom noona and Seunghyun hyung managed their ‘relationship’ at that time but somehow, they did.

The members were surprised that they saw Seunghyun hyung always with his phone in his hand whenever he had the chance. After all, hyung was the least techy out of all of us. I knew that he was contacting noona at that point.

The reason that I felt that I needed to polish my matchmaking abilities once again was because Bom noona and Seunghyun hyung was not official. Yet—if I may say. That’s why I was helping the two of them because they really needed this push.

I didn’t know why hyung was holding back and wasn’t doing anything to claim noona as his. And no, I didn’t mean that maliciously. I mean that, why was he still not making a move to label noona as his girlfriend?

I could tell that hyung wasn’t satisfied with that either.

“Bom noona!” I cheerily called out to her and waved my hands frantically, all the while rushing out to her with a joyful look on my face. It was the first time I saw Bom noona with her hair cut short.

Noona seemed surprised by my appearance judging by the look on her face. “Oh, Seungri. Long time no see! What are you doing here?”

I smiled coyly and shrugged. “Just hanging around.”

Her eyes mirrored her amusement. “But this is not a playground, Seungri. Do you have anything better to do?”

Instead of wavering, I replied her with a bright smile and shook my head. “Say noona, are the other members here yet?” I asked, referring to the other 2NE1 members who were obviously being MIA right now.

“They just went out.” Her eyebrows furrowed. “Why?”

My smiled seemed to brighten more as I clapped my hands once, delighted that I heard what I wanted to hear right now. “Then, noona, do you mind if—”

I didn’t get to complete my sentence when someone pulled my ear painfully. “AH!” I screamed like what every normal person should do at this situation.

The culprit dragged me away from Bom noona by pulling my ear once again. I was yelping the whole time and when the culprit freed my poor ear, I touched it which I was sure was getting redder each second.

I glared at the person at fault and realized that my effort was futile when I saw the person.

It was the only cat of the family, Lee Chaerin.

“Why did you do that?!” I yelled while looking at her ferociously.

She returned my glare, which made her look more like a cat. “I know I shouldn’t be leaving unnie’s side when my panda radar’s going off. Turns out, I was right. You’re doing something fishy to unnie, panda.”

I feigned a look of innocence, my expression changed in a millisecond. “What are you talking about, Chaerin-ah?”

Her eyes turned into slits once more and folded her arms across her chest. “I know that look of yours, Seungri. You’re playing matchmaker again. Did you forget that YG sajangnim strictly didn’t allow us to date someone inside the company?”

My eyes widened. How did she know that it was someone inside the company?

“And may I also remind you that he still didn’t lift up the dating ban on us especially at this crucial time we’re going to have a comeback.”

I just grinned cheekily and abruptly hooked my arm on her neck, ruffling her hair and effectively engaging her on a headlock. “Aigoo, Chaerin-ah, don’t be a sour puss! Did Dongwook hyung and Hanbyul noona ever obey that rule? Look at where they are right now! They’re going to get married the time Dongwook hyung gets discharged on the army! Besides, sajangnim himself broke that rule years ago!”

But it seemed that she wasn’t listening to me as she struggled hard to get off my grip. “Let go of me, Seungri! YAH! You panda! I swear—!”

Oops. May I say that I made a wrong move?

I pulled away from her and ran as fast as I can to avoid her fury. I could hear her screaming from afar, requesting for my head.

Maybe I should talk to Bom noona some other time.


July 2013

It’s been a month since I tried to talk with Bom noona. That cat-eyed Chaerin prevents me every time I do so! But, it’s been a relief since she didn’t exactly know who I was pairing with noona. She was clueless about noona and Seunghyun hyung’s blossoming relationship. After all, the duo kept it top secret. They still maintain their relationship through text messages and phone calls.

When we have get-togethers (initiated always by me because of Seunghyun hyung’s command so that he would have a reason to see noona without being suspicious), they wouldn’t notice that Bom noona and Seunghyun hyung were missing on the group because of the amount of people invited there.

Youngbae hyung ditched the idea of noona and hyung together after being convinced that it was purely friendship between them. After all, he was that close with Bom noona so I guess he thought he had the same mindset with Seunghyun hyung. Jiyong hyung was always out of the country and we would rarely see him at the time because of his solo activities and world tour so he didn’t have the time to notice it. Out of all the members, Daesung hyung was the most aware of this but didn’t say anything about it. In fact, he looked happier that this was happening with Seunghyun hyung! It was also good as I have a person to rant out to whenever my cupid skills fail.

If Daesung hyung was supportive of the two, I don’t know how the other two members of Big Bang would react if they found out about this, moreover the strict leader who lived on this rule that he would never ever date people on his company. Dara noona was slowly accepting them after the mishap that happened last year with the supposed amusement park cancelled date. Chaerin and Minzy seemed clueless and it was making me wonder how they still didn’t know about it.

At this very moment, Big Bang and 2NE1 members all gathered at the practice room for our rehearsal. It was for our 2013 YG Family concert and we would be performing ‘Lollipop’ again for this collaboration work.

“Bommie, do you want some water?” That was Seunghyun hyung talking to Bom noona.

Daesung hyung and I exchanged glances, as he was the one I’m sitting with right now.

Whipped.

We simultaneously grinned and shook our heads. We couldn’t do anything for our love-struck hyung. At least he was happy at this state right now. I wasn’t joking. I think I didn’t see hyung without a smile on his face.

It was our break and I had nothing better to do so I decided to watch Seunghyun hyung and Bom noona openly flirt with each other. It was making me a proud cupid!

“From now on, call me oppa,” Seunghyun hyung said to Bom noona. Nothing was wrong with it until I realized that he said that in a cute voice! Ah, the aegyo attack!

Noona just laughed at his remark. “But I’m older than you, Tabi.”

“I don’t care. Just call me oppa other than calling me Tabi.”

After noona didn’t reply to him, hyung whispered something to her, which made the latter blush. I admit, I was curious on what hyung said to her but if it’s a sick joke that an innocent panda like me shouldn’t find out, then it would be better if they just keep it to themselves. She playfully smacked his arm and exclaimed, “Yah!”

Hyung chortled heavily, stood up from his seat next to noona and ran away from her while she chased him around the spacious practice room.

Aigoo, such alien choding elders… unintentionally attracts attention to themselves…

But still, that didn’t erase the fact that they were enjoying this based on the smiles on their faces. They had that carefree smile on their faces, much like what I would always see with Seunghyun hyung when he was in his 5-year-old state.

Their little play stopped though when Bom noona accidentally tripped on Youngbae hyung’s outstretched leg. She tripped face flat on the floor.

“Noona, I’m very sorry!” Youngbae hyung immediately stopped practicing and helped noona stand up on her feet.

Everyone stopped what he or she was doing to check out the eldest in the room’s condition. After all, one couldn’t see the eldest trip like that carelessly.

Noona just sent Youngbae hyung a sweet smile. “It’s fine. If anything, I should be the one apologizing to you.” Youngbae hyung just sent her an apologetic look again.

Seunghyun hyung then went to noona’s side with a worried look on his face, scanning her body to find some bruises. “Bommie… Aish, you’re really clumsy.”

Noona sent him a fake glare and then afterwards playfully sticking out her tongue at him.

Bommie, are you okay?” Dara noona asked while Minzy-ah and cat-eyed Chaerin looked at her worriedly. She just smiled at them and sent a thumbs up indicating that she’s fine.

They didn’t bother getting close to her when Seunghyun hyung was taking care of her already but I know that Chaerin was starting to get suspicious, moreover when she caught me looking at the duo. She must have thought that Seunghyun hyung was the one that I was trying to pair up with noona.

Seunghyun hyung helped her sit on the nearest chair he could find even though it didn’t look like she was hurt anywhere her body at all. As if to ease his guilt, hyung went down on his knees and massaged her ankles.

“Yah, Tabi. Stop that,” noona said softly in a reprimanding tone. She seemed like restraining her laughter.

Hyung shifted his gaze from her ankle to her face, using his alluring grin as always. “I don’t want to.”

“Tabi,” noona stated again with a scolding tone but she was… stifling a laugh?

Hyung in response just playfully stuck his tongue out, being stubborn. At last, noona couldn’t contain it any longer and she burst out laughing. “Hahaha! Stop it, Tabi! It-It tickles!”

Hyung couldn’t also help smiling hearing her tinkling laugh. That one where you could not help but be contaminated seeing your loved one smile?

They were such a beautiful couple.

But it was getting obvious to everyone that there was something more between them, that kind of vibe that they were more than friends. It was getting apparent because of the sincere love shown on their eyes, a love that was just between lovers and definitely not with friends. They were always like that, but today, it was more evident.

They were unveiling themselves to everyone and I was getting scared of the outcome.

I didn’t miss the exchanging stares of Ji hyung and Chaerin who were also watching that scene. A stare that only those two leaders could understand. And a stare that sent warning bells in my head.

I know from then on that they would be a threat to my matchmaking plans.


I was one step too late.

Damn it, I was ONE step too late.

I should’ve moved quickly when I smelt something fishy from Ji hyung and Chaerin.

Now it destroyed everything.

Everything that Bom noona and Seunghyun hyung tried hard to build together was gone.

Gone in a flash.

I know the two leaders talked them out of it. There would be no other reason besides that. I didn’t know they had great power over them seeing as they were the duos that seemed to break all the rules.

I inhaled deeply to release some tension I was feeling right now.

Seunghyun hyung lost those animated eyes he gained while he was around Bom noona. Now, he just looked like a lifeless soul wandering around. Even if his phone would not beep anymore like regularly in the past, he would still clutch on it as if expecting some miracle to happen. He would mutter noona’s name then would stare into space, making me ponder if he was really heartbroken or a mentally disabled patient from the nut house.

I must admit, it was unbearable having him around.

This wasn’t good, especially if the YG Family concert was just around the corner. It could affect our performance greatly. Bom noona and Seunghyun hyung just had to be the couple on our collaboration stage. Just great. Who knows what would happen there?

Aish, why do the leaders even have to pick the worst timing ever?

I had to do something. I just can’t sit around and watch this happening before my eyes. I have to take back what Ji hyung said to Seunghyun hyung. This was getting out of hand for a cupid like me and I hope I could handle this situation well.

Without hesitation, I strolled over Ji hyung’s studio.

Hyung seemed surprised that I was there. “Young Seunghyun, what are you doing here?” he asked.

I lounged at the sofa behind his chair and he minimized the stereo’s volume. After that, he swirled his chair around, facing me. “Yah, Seungri, I’m asking you a question.”

I set aside the playful grins I would always give to hyung whenever he was around. Instead, I was wearing that serious look on my face; one that was rarely seen considering that hyung was startled about it. “I’m here to talk about Bom noona and Seunghyun hyung’s relationship. You and Chaerin did something about it, am I right?”

His expression changed into something incomprehensible. “I think it’s not your business to meddle with, Lee Seunghyun,” he spat out, that smile from earlier gone.

I fought the urge to quiver in fear at the tone of his voice. And he wasn’t even angry yet at that form. Using my full name meant that he was also serious. The tone reminded me that I’m really out of this.

But still, I wasn’t the one to back out easily.

“Do you realize what you had done to hyung? Have you ever seen hyung’s condition these days?”

His strong gaze at me didn’t waver a bit. “It was better like this so that they could easily move on with their lives. I could permit Seunghyun hyung dating women but not Bom noona… not Bom noona. That’s against the ultimate rule and you know it.”

I could sense he had more things to say but he let me reply to him first, as if testing to see how far I could go at this argument. Suddenly, I felt that I already lost the argument even though we just started.

I detest this one thing about my hyungs. Just because I’m the youngest doesn’t mean I don’t have wisdom. It doesn’t mean that I couldn’t level their way of thinking. They’re belittling my capabilities and I hate it! All of a sudden, I have this desire to knock ‘em dead and show them who was really Lee Seungri deep inside.

“So you’re the one in charge now on who he gets to date and who he cannot date? He’s already twenty-six years old now, hyung. He’s big enough to take care of himself. He’s big enough to know what’s right and what’s wrong—”

“If he knows what’s right and wrong, why did he still keep seeing Bom noona even if it’s against our company’s rule?”

“Hyung, if you knew about that then you should’ve stopped the two of them from seeing each other! Then the damage wouldn’t be this great!”

“If I just knew about that a little early then I should have done something. I was also busy for my comeback at that period to talk hyung out of it. And then, I had my world tour after that. Did you realize how busy I was then? By the time I realized what the two of them were doing, I was too late. I can’t believe I’m admitting this but I only realized it after seeing the two of them together at our ‘Lollipop’ dance practice. Did you know it took all our willpower just to convince the two of them that what they are doing is wrong? And besides, you and the other members should know that they are against the rule so why did you wait for me to take action? At the time that I was absent, you should’ve at least talked to hyung about it.”

I pinched my nose. “The other members are out of this. If you’re blaming somebody, blame it on me. After all, I am the one who planned all of this.”

Hyung’s eyes slanted and I felt like it was déjà vu, much like what I felt with Bom noona a year ago. “You planned this? Goodness Seungri! And just when I thought I’m seeing you in a different light, you decided to do something stupid! A very rash notion on your part! Do you not know the consequences of your actions? Did you ever think of the future at all? You still have the nerve to accuse me of not stopping them on time.”

Okay, even though I was saying earlier that I wanted to prove the hyungs wrong that I’m not just the meek youngest panda; I admit I was getting terrified of Ji hyung, maybe because I wasn’t used to seeing this side of him.

“I’ll accept the fact that I make rash decisions but this is the best impulsive choice I ever made. Seeing hyung so happy with noona is just enough to give me a smile on my face. You can’t see hyung like that with just anybody else. Okay, maybe he could be like that with a random girl but the deed’s done. They like each other now.”

He just ruffled his hair in annoyance, completely missing the point I was trying to get across. “Really… Aish!” I was startled because he rammed the table behind him with his fist, which was his workplace.

“I already have a handful of problems and you still get caught up with it. I shouldn’t have underestimated you, troublesome panda. But, even though you create a rational excuse as to why they should be together, you will not make me change my mind. If I decide to break them apart, then hell be damned, they will be going to be apart.”

My eyes widened at this. This was not going into my favor and I hate things to be like that. “But hyung! Aren’t you too heartless? Just because you decided not to date anyone on the company doesn’t mean that you have to convince us all to do it also!”

His gaze at me turned into a glare, a really intimidating one, the one that could make me feel that I’m a lot smaller than him. “Don’t speak to me like that, Seungri. I think you’re forgetting something here. You should know that sajangnim strictly didn’t allow us to date someone inside the company. It wasn’t my own rule; it was sajangnim’s rule. Besides, not only a single rule will they break but also it could be two rules. Bom noona’s dating ban isn’t up yet and that is written on their contract at YG. Do you want noona to go to court for a breach of contract? For hyung’s carelessness, do I have to let myself and watch Bom noona sacrifice her career and the group she belongs to? I could just let it be if it’s just another idol from another company but this is Park Bom noona from 2NE1 we’re talking about. For hyung’s happiness, I’m willing to sacrifice Big Bang’s life just for it to show that I fully support him in whomever he likes. I wish I could do that, but 2NE1 is still our family.”

I inhaled deeply for the second time on this day. Suddenly, all what he was saying made sense and I abhorred it that I was actually feeling this way.

Honestly, I don’t want hyung and noona to be in trouble for this. I don’t want them to leave this company. I shouldn’t have seen Ji hyung and Chaerin as the bad guys. They’ve done enough to protect their groups. They were actually saving Seunghyun hyung and Bom noona from an impending danger.

It shocked me the most that they were actually right.

And I was the one at wrong.

I was doing something that could danger both Big Bang and 2NE1 and maybe even the whole YG Family. I was being selfish, I know. I was just thinking about Seunghyun hyung and Bom noona’s sake. I didn’t think about the people linked to them, the ones that would be affected if they continued with their relationship longer and that even included me.

I just kept my head bowed down. “Why am I always wrong?” I murmured.

“Are you using reverse psychology on me now, Seungri? Come on, lift your head and look at me.” His tone became incredibly softer now that I had to raise my head and look disbelievingly at him.

“I know your intentions are pure and I would have probably done the same if I wasn’t the leader. As a leader, I have to look at everything thoroughly to make sure that I wouldn’t make a mistake that could cause our downfall. Hyung and Bom noona are treading dangerous water right now and if we didn’t do anything about this sooner, they would fall hard for each other until they couldn’t pull through from it anymore. It also pained me seeing hyung like this but this is all for the better. Even if they get into a relationship, it would be hard to say that they would last forever. One way or another, they would break up and it would be hard for them to act professionally. It would also be hard on us since 2NE1 is our sister group and collaborations between us could be frequented in the future. Imagine the discomfort between the two groups if ever that happened. Other than that, there is also the media who would do anything to get a juicy rumor from us, especially if we’re at one of the top companies now. I hope you understand this, Seungri. Not everything is a rainbow and happily ever after rarely exists in this cruel world.”

I realized that I didn’t know that much. I was nowhere near where Ji hyung achieved wisdom right now.

I was still the maknae.

I’m slowly giving up. This was my entire fault. What he said was right. If there’s no other way, then I have no choice but to quit fighting for Seunghyun hyung and Bom noona’s relationship.

With a resigned sigh, I asked hyung the other main problem. “Then… what about the YG Family Concert? I don’t know if hyung could act professionally after what happened to them especially if he’s too close with noona.”

He just looked down with forlorn evident on his face. “Even I don’t know the answer to that.”

“Do you know that this is mentally and emotionally exhausting Seunghyun hyung? And I know noona’s the most affected even if I don’t see her frequently. How could you intervene at the wrong time? Aish, hyung.”

“This wouldn’t have happened if you’ve done the wrong thing,” he retorted but with a little bit of humor evident on his voice that I couldn’t quite understand. Maybe he was just trying to lighten the mood.

“If you still don’t know what to do at this situation, it’s better if we all just prepare ourselves. We have a group rehearsal tomorrow, right?”

He nodded. “We have to prepare ourselves.”


It was the day that we would be having our ‘Lollipop’ dance rehearsals. I arrived the same time with Ji hyung. The Big Bang lads were here with the exception of Seunghyun hyung. Well, he was always the last to arrive. The 2NE1 ladies were here also.

We were bored out of our minds waiting for our always-late hyung, when suddenly; the stereo played a very familiar guitar tune. Ji hyung and I exchanged glances that we could only understand. We then grinned simultaneously.

 

I quickly stood up from my seat and did an air guitar. Ji hyung joined in too. Afterwards, he shifted from doing an air guitar to playing an invisible drum.

“She's got a smile that it seems to me…” Ji hyung started.

“Reminds me of childhood memories, where everything was as fresh as the bright blue sky,” I continued.

“Now and then when I see her face, she takes me away to that special place and if I stare too long, I'd probably break down and cry.” Now, the two of us were doing a duet. The 2NE1 ladies were laughing at our childish antics, even Bom noona managed to smile whereas our group members were shaking their heads, used to seeing us like this.

“Whoa, oh, oh, sweet child o' mine, whoa, oh, oh, oh, sweet love of mine…” I looked at Ji hyung and he gave me a smirk, which I also returned. Even though we had a little fight yesterday, that wasn’t enough to destroy our strong friendship.

Our play stopped when the door slammed open, revealing the much awaited hyung with a grim look on his face. It was like everything stopped moving when he arrived. He didn’t bother smiling and would give a glare to whoever looks at his way.

Sweet Child O’ Mine stopped playing on the stereo and I heard the choreographer clap his hands. “Okay, since everyone’s here, let’s start the rehearsal.”

Everyone moved and went standby on their positions.

References:

 

 

“Lolli lolli Oh Lollipop, lolli lolli oh lolli lolli…” The stereo finally played the song and everything was going well but I don’t know if that could last.

I was feeling normal at first, dancing my parts but then, I started feeling nervous when Seunghyun hyung’s refrain began where Bom noona would just be behind him.

“Lolli lolli lollipop dalgomhage dagawa, lolli lolli lollipop naege soksakyeojwo.”

Goodness, I hope nothing happens.

I couldn’t exactly focus on dancing, as I was too preoccupied on looking at Bom noona and Seunghyun hyung. I was afraid that it would trigger something with noona. I’m not paranoid, just taking precautions. After the talk I had with Ji hyung yesterday, it made me look at everything in a bigger picture. I now know that if the choreographer smells something fishy, it could reach our sajangnim’s ears.

I was a little bit relieved that Bom noona didn’t do anything but I could sense her discomfort. Hyung, on the other hand, had that longing look on his eyes. It amazed me that he could still manage to be like that even though the stereo was playing a very lively song.

“Lolli lolli lollipop sanggeumhage dagawa, lolli lolli lollipop jigeum wonhajanha.” It was noona’s turn on the refrain and nothing happened even when hyung slid beside noona, which I was thankful for.

“Lolli lolli lollipop Girl neon naui lollipop…”

Ji hyung’s singing part ensued and it was the most crucial part that made me the most anxious. At this point, Seunghyun hyung would be dancing behind Bom noona. I kept my gaze at the two even though I was two persons away.

“Lolli lolli lollipop oh lolli pop pop—”
The choreographer stopped playing the music that abruptly made us stop dancing too. “TOP, what are you doing? Are you dead? How can you dance so lifelessly? And Bom, what kind of dancing is that? You’re not any different with TOP! You two are better the last time we had rehearsals. We can’t afford to slack off, especially if we have tighter schedules this week. Tell me, what happened with the two of you? Seungri, don’t think you’re an exception too.”

“Can I change my partner?” Seunghyun hyung requested our choreographer, his expression unreadable. Ji hyung and I exchanged worried glances.

Our choreographer was the only one confused on the group while everyone was looking at Seunghyun hyung and Bom noona. It was evident that noona was surprised and at the same time hurt by hyung’s sudden request.

Ji hyung was right; they don’t have the capabilities to act professionally. If this ever happened in the future, I know that the damage would be far greater.

“But TOP, you only have a few days left before the concert—”

“I don’t care. Just find me a better partner,” hyung retorted back coldly.

“Seunghyun,” Ji hyung called with a reprimanding tone on his voice but hyung simply shrugged it off.

Our choreographer put his hands on his waist. “TOP! I don’t know what your problem is right now but we don’t have time for your stupid request.” Hyung seemed pissed at this and made a beeline to the door.

Wow, we were just beginning to start the dance practice and hyung couldn’t control his emotions now.

“TOP, where are you going? We’re not done practicing yet!” the choreographer shouted at him even though he couldn’t hear him anymore.

I exchanged looks with Ji hyung telling him that I’m going to handle this. I don’t trust Ji hyung to do that as I know from our previous conversation that he was just going to make Seunghyun hyung feel worse than ever. I know hyung didn’t need any of that right now and just needed someone like a shoulder to cry on.

It could be Daesung hyung or Youngbae hyung but this time, I want to handle this. I was the one who made him enter this mess and I should be the one helping him out right now.

I ran towards the door and I was just in time to see hyung let out a shaky breath before shrinking slowly to the floor.

I approached him and he was startled that I was there in the first place. I sat with him on the floor with my legs crossed, choosing not saying anything.

He inhaled deeply again and looked me in the eyes. “Do you understand that you coming here would mean you have to hear your hyung rambling about nonsense?”

I nodded. I just waited for him to speak.

He looked away from me and looked at the ceiling instead. “If you haven’t deceived me in going into a date with her, I wouldn’t have probably experienced these kinds of emotions. I’m blaming you for this, you know. You’re the reason why I’m like this. You didn’t care about my feelings.”

I looked at the floor, averting looking at his grief-stricken expression. “That… hyung… I’m sorry for it. I really promise not doing it again. You’re right; it is my fault that things turned this way. I was playing with noona and your feelings because I thought that you two have great chemistry. I was stupid for not thinking of the rule sajangnim made for us.”

He slowly shook his head and sent me a gloomy smile. “You didn’t let me finish my sentence. That’s what I was thinking the moment Jiyong talked to me. But when I thought about it more, it wasn’t your fault. Because it is my own free will to have feelings for her. I was infatuated and I thought that it would go away eventually so I let myself see her and maybe in that way, I would get tired of her. But I found myself asking these questions myself during our world tour: Why do I find myself waiting for her messages and hearing her voice even if it’s just on the phone the times we were away from Korea? Why am I always finding her existence? Why did I feel delighted when she attended one of the stops on our world tour? If I don’t have feelings for her, she shouldn’t have been lingering on my mind. But why do I find myself missing her? Why does she always cross on my mind every time I’m alone, Seungri? There were so many answers I could think of but it all comes down to this…”

He sighed and closed his eyes. “I have fallen for her.”

He paused for a little after calming himself down. “Bom... she’s… she’s an amazing person. She’s really beautiful. And… Goodness, I was so tempted to haul her in my arms a while ago when I was close enough to her. I was… losing control. She was just there in front of me, damn it! And do you know what’s frustrating me the most? It was the fact that I couldn’t have her. I couldn’t have her to myself at all! It was ironic when she was right in front of me yet I couldn’t reach her. She was like miles away from me. Because of the rules, I had to keep my control in check. Because of the rules, I have to get away from her before something happens. Because of the rules, I have to keep my feelings for myself and leave me in wonder on when it’ll go away.”

Hyung grunted and gripped his hair, disheveling it successfully. He really looked like a mess. “She’s making me go nuts, Seungri. What should I do? Is it unreasonable to keep her away from me? Her scent… it was enough to awaken my senses. It would be hard for me if she keeps on being my partner. If ever that happens, I-I don’t know what I should do anymore.”

He definitely needed a break right now. I was starting to wonder if what Ji hyung said was true because right now, I’m convinced that the two just didn’t like each other.

Ji hyung said that they had to do something before they fall hard with each other but it seems like they were too late, too late to do something about it.

It was what everyone feared to happen, especially the two leaders.

They fell too hard with each other it was difficult for us to get them back on track.


“Ji hyung, you’re wrong with your calculation. They are already in love with each other; Seunghyun hyung confirmed it himself. It wasn’t that type of love that could go away in a few months. This is the real deal, hyung,” I informed solemly.

I called in an emergency meeting between Big Bang and 2NE1 members with the exclusion of Seunghyun hyung and Bom noona when I realized that we had a serious problem right now.

Call it overreacting but our group’s future was lying in our hands right now. Seunghyun hyung was starting to get destructive with himself. He was starting to record songs on the studio with heavily laden depressing background sounds that a listener couldn’t help but feel depressed too. That was not enough though, he wasn’t talking with any of us. He wasn’t attending the rehearsals and he looked like he didn’t have a care in the world.

His condition worsened over the days that gone after we talked, even the leader who initially said that this was all for the better was starting to get worried too.

From what I heard with Dara noona, Bom noona was bawling her eyes out every night that the 2NE1 members had to stay with her on her house to prevent her from doing something that she would regret later. She was also not in the condition to be capable of rehearsing for the concert.

Even I, their cupid, didn’t understand why they were acting this way. Was their love for each other that great that they act like this?

Ji hyung’s face was scrunched up and I know he was doing his best to think of a solution. Honestly, if this continues, our performance for the YG Family concert this week would be greatly affected. We wouldn’t want a brooding Seunghyun hyung and a hysterical Bom noona there, would we?

“How… How did this happen?” Minzy asked as she was just getting the hang of the situation at hand.

“It wasn’t the how that matters. What matters right now is when it will disappear,” Youngbae hyung replied to Minzy.

“Can we just let the two of them be and have their own happy ending? As far I could see, we’re the only ones preventing it to happen to them right now. We are hurting the both of them than we intentionally want,” Dara noona butted in while biting her fingernails because of anxiousness. Chaerin gently pulled her hand away from , as this was a bad habit.

“That is not easy right now. Even if we consented to that, there is no assurance that nothing will happen. If it’s not us, there’s the media and ultimately what we’re fearing the most, our boss,” Chaerin gave her honest opinion about the topic.

“I don’t think we should be scared of our boss right now. He himself broke that rule and ironically, he was the one who made that rule. There are many examples to solidify that that dating rule inside the company is bogus,” Daesung hyung declared while wearing a serious expression on his face.

It seemed like Youngbae hyung didn’t agree with Daesung hyung as he shook his head. “That happened a long time ago, Daesung-ah. The reason we are apprehensive about this is that we haven’t actually tried to break that rule. We are the present and the future now so they are doing the best they can to prevent that from happening again.”

“I don’t see why everyone is so concerned about this. Sajangnim didn’t do anything when he found out that Dongwook hyung and Hanbyul noona is in a relationship. In fact, nothing happened between the couple and kept them here in the company. So what are we fretting about Seunghyun hyung and Bom noona’s relationship?” I stated my stand on this issue.

Ji hyung was the one who went against my comment. “Seungri… their case is different. Dongwook hyung is a solo artist and Hanbyul noona is an actress. For an idol, there’s like an unspoken rule that we idols shouldn’t date someone. The only downfall they acquired is that Dongwook hyung’s popularity plummeted. But he didn’t care about his popularity anymore because he loves Hanbyul noona. In our case, we’re an idol in a group. Bom noona is also a member of 2NE1, an idol group. Seunghyun hyung is in our group and if he ever decides to be with Bom noona, not only will our group get affected but Bom noona’s as well. To put it in simpler words, it’s a domino effect.”

Chaerin seemed uneasy after she realized something from what Ji hyung said. “But Seunghyun oppa could also do what Dongwook oppa did, too. We can’t approximately tell how far they are in love with each other to do something like that but it could possibly happen.”

I know I said that I would be stopping to push noona and hyung’s relationship but if it would greatly affect hyung then…

I sighed dismissively, after deciding what I should do. “Whatever it is that Seunghyun hyung want to do with his feelings, I’m supporting him even though it could risk both 2NE1 and Big Bang’s life.”

All eyes turned to me and I didn’t care. All that mattered was that I said what I want to say. I know; I was throwing careless statements right now.

“I have a plan but I don’t know if you all would agree to it. Much more if it would work,” Chaerin said while looking at all of us nervously, her strong charisma frequently seen at the stage gone.

“Go on, unnie,” although the most lost in this situation, Minzy encouraged.

“Well, it’s not much of a plan but it's risky. We could all consent to Seunghyun oppa and Bom unnie’s relationship and see if YG sajangnim reacts to it. Seungri is right; sajangnim didn’t do anything about Dongwook oppa and Hanbyul unnie’s relationship. If ever he acts negatively, it’s not as if he would kick us out of the company, right? At this time, we are one of the precious gems of YGE and I know sajangnim wouldn’t do a thing like that to us. Maybe he’ll reprimand us but not… but not kicking us out.”

Whatever it is that was in favor of the two elders’ relationship, I’ll agree straight away. I could see the others contemplating about it though.

“For once, I’m with Chaerin,” I voice out while sending a little smile towards Chaerin’s direction, which, as I expected, she shrugged off.

The room went silent and I know everyone was thinking hard about Chaerin’s plan. It made me uneasy and unsettled that even if the room had many people, it could be silent like a cold windless night.

“Although I don’t know what’s exactly happening right now, I’m agreeing with unnie. It doesn’t sound bad though,” Minzy announced and I sent her a grateful smile.

Daesung was the next to react. “I don’t see any problem with Chaerin’s plan. The only problem that I’m seeing here right now is what the public thinks of their relationship. I’m sure Seunghyun hyung have clingy fan girls that could potentially send death threats and hurtful comments to Bom noona but I know that she is a strong woman and wouldn’t get herself affected. If everyone approves of their relationship, all we could do is prevent the media and the public from giving them hints of the two being a couple.”

“Although Dongwook hyung is in the army right now, I’m sure Hanbyul noona is willing to give the couple a few tricks for maintaining a relationship away from the eyes of the public. But I could sense we would be involved somehow on their dates…” Youngbae trailed off, with humor evident on his voice. But, at least he’s agreeing.

“I will forever support Bommie in whomever guy she gets to date as long as he’s a good man and I know that Seunghyun will take care of her,” Dara noona concluded.

Everyone’s eyes then turned to the only person who still didn’t give his opinions on Chaerin’s plan, the one that had more power than combined with all of us.

Ji hyung sighed. “Chaerin’s right. I can’t believe I’m doing this but… I agree with her.”

I was starting a victory dance in my head.

We’re all agreeing to Seunghyun hyung and Bom noona’s—future—relationship. Although I could see some people with the hesitant look on their eyes, but it’s a relief that this issue was over and done with.

I couldn’t even believe that they could manage to agree with the duo’s relationship. So the drama for the past days was for nothing? If we knew that this would happen, the leaders wouldn’t probably talk them out of it.


I thought it was going to be easy after everyone agreed on the duo’s relationship but as I delved deeper on the issue, it wasn’t still finished. How would we bring it up with the two after making them realize that what they were doing was wrong a few days ago?

What were we supposed to say, “Hyung, noona, you could be together now. Sorry for being a prick after breaking the two of you up. Stop your depressing acts and get your together, alright?” Oh, it wasn’t a big deal at all. Nope, not a big deal.

Since I lost the argument whereas who would talk to the couple after breaking them up, I was now in front of Seunghyun hyung’s villa.

How many times have I’ve been here again?

I rang the doorbell a few times before it finally opened. I was expecting hyung’s mother but I was surprised to see that he was the one who answered the door. I saw his expression change in a millisecond before he made a move to close the door. Good thing I slipped my foot in time between the door to prevent him from closing it.

He forcefully closed the door, squeezing my foot. I let out a painful yelp. “Seungri. Stop it.”

“Hyung, I have something to say to you. It’s really urgent!” I exclaimed with panic evident on my voice. The truth was; there was really nothing to be urgent about but I decided my acting skills should be exercised once in a while.

He raised a brow and stopped squishing my foot but he still didn’t open the door. “I know you’re tricking me.”

“Hyung! No, I’m not! Bom noona’s in the hospital!” That came out more natural than I expected.

I’m really going to hell for this.

That statement alone made him lose his grip on the doorknob and I saw his eyes widen. I took the chance and forcefully opened the door wide, successfully entering the villa.

He started gripping my shoulders, shaking me violently. “Where? W-Where is she? Tell me, Seungri!”

My voice cracked with apprehension. He was starting to be scary. “H-Hyung, calm down. Bom noona’s not in the hospital. I lied.”

He loosened his grip he had on me and his expression darkened. “Get out. Get out before I could kill you.” His aura was starting to get into a ‘killer mode’ and I was starting to doubt whether he could not kill me at this state.

I got down on my knees and clasped my hands together. “I’m sorry hyung! I’m really sorry! Hit me, hit me hyung if it makes you feel better!” I was acting scared on the outside but I was inwardly laughing my out. Goodness, this was so funny.

I heard him hiss before declaring, “You ignorant brat—!”

“But hyung, I really have something important to tell you! Believe me, I’m not lying to you this time!”

“Whatever it is you’re saying, I’ll—”

“Jiyong hyung and the others consented to your relationship with noona,” I dropped before something could really happen to me.

“What?” he asked incredulously.

I looked up to him and stood up, shaking off the dust I acquired on my knees. “It’s true. We talked earlier and everyone finally gave the thumbs up for your relationship.”

His eyes widened slightly but he didn’t speak. He didn’t even budge on his position. After recuperating from his shock, he shook his head and muttered in a low whisper, "Let's not think about her."

“Hyung, are you okay? This is what you want to happen, right?”

He gave me a glare. “Why are you playing with my feelings? Am I some kind of toy? After all what Jiyong said to me, do you expect me to return to her? Are you all nuts?!”

“Hyung, this was also overwhelming for me. I didn’t exactly expect this at all. But when we see how distressed you are along with noona…”

“If you’ve known that then you should've just let us be!”

I put my hands up in defense. “Whoa, hyung. Remember that I am on your side all along. I’m your cupid, right? Don’t blame the others also. The leaders just tried to talk you out of this because it could all get us into trouble in the future. They were just thinking for the sake of the group, okay?”

He sighed. “Seungri, I think this is better. I would be in my brooding mood for some time but it’ll pass for sure. I’ll try my hardest to get over her. If I get together with Bommie, there’s not an assurance that the public will hurt her.” I noticed how he fondly called noona’s nickname. He must really love her.

“Hyung, why are you wasting this chance? I know noona also like this to happen. You love her right?”

“I love her but… will she be happy with me? Will she be happy with our relationship in a secret? We couldn’t go on dates in public and I know she wants things like that.”

This was frustrating. I felt like going back to square one. “Hyung, that is not important if you love each other right? You look like you can’t even live without her the way you’re acting now. And besides, are you forgetting about the get-togethers that I arrange just for the two of you? You’re completely safe if you’re with us.”

“She could find a better man than me. Everything would be better if—” Hyung then suddenly stopped in mid-sentence and his eyes widened.

He sighed after continuing. “You’re right. I can’t live without her. Just thinking that she would be in the arms of another man makes my blood boil. I want to end up with her. I don’t care what anyone thinks right now, she’s with me.”

I grinned gleefully. “That’s the spirit hyung!”

He sent me a confident smirk and picked up his coat from the racket. “Now if you excuse me, I have someone to claim my girlfriend,” he declared and left the house.


Two months later…

Seunghyun hyung and I were recording at Teddy hyung’s studio because Ji hyung’s getting his upgraded. We had a new mini-album coming up so we have no choice but to record at Teddy hyung’s.

I was waiting for Seunghyun hyung to finish when I heard his phone ringing beside me. It amazed me that he could still leave his phone unattended when he looked like his life depended on it these past months.

I glanced at hyung who was recording. It looked like he wouldn’t be done any minute now. I contemplated for a moment before deciding to answer his phone.

“Tabi, are you available this weekend? Mind if I kidnap you for a date in the restaurant downtown?” I didn’t miss the flirty tone of her voice. Omo, so this was how they talk with each other?

I was obviously amused by this. “Bom noona, this is Seungri. Hyung is still on the studio recording a song so I answered his phone.”

“Oh, I’m sorry.” After finding out that it was me, her voice changed into a normal one mixed with disappointment. Good thing she didn’t feel embarrassed though or it'll be awkward for us. “Tell him I’ll call lat—” I didn’t hear the rest of the sentence when someone snatched the phone away from my ear.

It was Seunghyun hyung and he was giving me daggers the way he was looking at me. He was faster than the last time. I just sent him a sheepish grin.

He put the phone on his ears. “Bommie!” His expression completely changed when he heard her voice on the phone, much like a kid getting what he wanted for Christmas.

I just shook my head. He talked animatedly to noona and sat beside me on the only couch at that studio.

Sajangnim eventually found out about their relationship. They were reprimanded but sajangnim didn’t tell them to break up. He just warned them to be careful of their image and the public.

At the time that they got together, we didn’t realize that Bom noona’s dating ban was up already so basically, they just violated one rule of the company. Sajangnim didn’t let them off the hook though, they were frequently seen entering his office together and I know sajangnim was scolding them so that they know how to act right even if he consented to them.

So basically everything was going well. For Seunghyun hyung and Bom noona that is.

It was a big burden for us, their group members, because we were the cover-ups for their secret meetings. At first, I found it sweet but after a few meetings, I was restraining myself from kicking them out of the room.

But we didn’t have a choice. This was the only way to protect the two of them. At least it was enough to see the both of them happy and prevent hyung from writing depressing songs again.

My musings stopped when I heard the door of the studio opening. I glanced at my right to see who arrived. That person was wearing comfortable clothes. I was surprised to see her with minimal make-up though. I was more stunned that she arrived here quickly like lightning when just a minute ago, I was talking to her on the phone.

“Bom noona!” I merrily called when I saw her figure and waved at her.

Teddy hyung, who was busy with something in front of his computer screen, swiveled his chair and faced her, sending her a grin. “Hello Bom.”

She smiled at us. “Good afternoon, Seungri! And yes, hello to you too, Teddy oppa,” she greeted then proceeded on sitting beside hyung who was beside me. Here goes my title for being the third wheel…

Teddy hyung sent me a look and went back on working in front his computer. Now I didn’t have anyone to share the pain of being a third wheel. Why does Teddy hyung have one couch here anyways?

Seunghyun hyung pecked her cheeks, which made noona giggle. Oh, goodness, here they go again. Ahhh! My innocent panda eyes!

I just looked at Teddy hyung who was editing intently on his computer to prevent myself from looking at them. His back was faced on us and I know he was trying to ignore the fact that the alien couple was just behind him.

Good for you, hyung.

“So Tabi… Are you done recording now?”

“It’s oppa to you, Bommie. And yes, we could finally go to our date.” I heard some giggling afterwards coming from noona.

“Then my Tabi oppa, should we go now?” Bom noona said with glee evident on her voice.

I felt the couch getting lighter and I knew hyung just stood up. “Let’s go now, my lady.”

Noona laughed and stood up too. I thought they were going to leave now, finally releasing me from this torture but then, I found myself being dragged up from the couch by hyung who had a vice grip on the collar of my shirt.

“Hyung! What are you doing?” I asked while wearing an unbelievable look on my face. Did he just do what he just did?

He sent me a smirk. “You know the routine, right? And oh, Teddy hyung, you’re coming with us too.”

Teddy hyung rotated his chair at us the instant he heard his name. “Why am I also coming with you? Seungri’s enough, right?” I can’t help but think that he sounded like a grumpy kid at that moment.

“Hyung! Help me!” I cried out but he just looked at me like I was part of the furniture on the room.

Seunghyun hyung took an overall glance at me and shook his head, as if disapproving with something. “Panda’s too obvious so you should come too,” he replied to Teddy hyung. What obvious was he talking about? Obvious because of my looks? Alright, I’ll just take that as a compliment.

“Call Daesung or Youngbae or even Jiyong too if he’s not busy at the moment with his studio. You could call the 2NE1 ladies too. I’m busy with the new tracks,” Teddy hyung replied apprehensively. It was obvious that he wasn’t that busy. He just said that to avoid hyung’s somewhat forced invitation for a lunch out.

I saw noona’s forehead creasing. “Tabi, I think we’re bothering them. Let’s just cancel our date, shall we?” Bom noona said with a disappointed tone and bowed her head down. As she did that, I could already sense hyung’s mood flourishing in the air.

Teddy hyung and I exchanged looks. We couldn’t afford to see noona so upset like that. It was either we would be facing noona’s silent treatment or Seunghyun hyung’s wrath. To tell the truth, either way they were equally worse. So basically, I’m saying that we didn’t have a choice and just had to accept this fate we had at this moment.

Teddy hyung immediately got up from his chair and wiped off the invisible dust on his clothes. “We’re just joking, Bom. Let’s go, it’s not like I’ll not go with you. You know oppa, right? In fact, I would love to have lunch with you guys! I shouldn’t waste this once in a lifetime experience! It’s on me this time to show my appreciation! Where are we planning to go again?”

Oooh, the sarcasm was great on this one.

It was amazing that Teddy hyung could be a grumpy kid and be an -kisser the next second. Ah, one shouldn’t underestimate the power of aliens.

Seunghyun hyung and Bom noona then exchanged grins. Manipulative aliens…

Teddy hyung and I simultaneously groaned after realizing that we had fallen into their trap. Really, Seunghyun hyung was rubbing off on Bom noona. She was starting to be a better actor and a better liar every time I see her with hyung.

We can’t back off now from accepting their invitation. Sajangnim kind of applied a rule that Dongwook hyung and Hanbyul noona did when they were out having a date. It was that whoever was dating inside the company had to be protected by members of the YG Family by going with their dates. Basically, it was like a group date but the truth was, they were just decoys.

“Let’s go to the restaurant together where I had my first date with Tabi! I haven’t gone there for months!” Bom noona enthusiastically stated then hooked her arm with Seunghyun hyung’s.

Doomed. Here goes another day watching the couple getting lovey dovey with each other.

Teddy hyung had no choice but to close his studio for a moment. We waited him to turn off the lights of the room and moved to exit the building. Seeing that the alien couple in front of us shouldn’t be disturbed, I held on Teddy hyung’s arm. “When is this going to end, hyung?” I asked him miserably.

He looked at me as if I was mad. “This is your entire fault yet you’re complaining about it. Come on, at least show that you’re happy you succeeded on matching them together,” hyung just replied nonchalantly and shrugged off my hold on him. He then walked in a faster pace, leaving me alone there.

I sighed and trudged forward after him. “Teddy hyung! Wait for me!”

Maybe taking up matchmaking as a future job was too much of a bad idea after all.


Extra

“Eyyh, hyung, get a room already!” Ji hyung irately exclaimed. Bom noona laughed at him, amused by his actions.

I chuckled at the leader’s reaction. For all I know, he was jealous of Bom noona hogging all of hyung’s attention. It was the new couple’s fault, really. Why do they even choose a public place to cuddle aka the practice room? It was disgusting to watch, do they know that?

Seunghyun hyung entangled his arm away from Bom noona’s waist. “Get a girlfriend, Jiyong. Maybe that way you’ll stop pestering about my love life,” he retorted with humor still evident on his voice.

Ji hyung just ruffled his hair in response. “I’m getting grossed out. I’m out of here. If you need me, I’m at my studio.” Hyung then left the room without looking back.

Hyung, why are you leaving me here? TT_TT

If I could just leave this room, I probably had done that a moment ago. But then, I had to come up with a new choreography for Big Bang and there was no any other practice rooms available right now because the trainees were all using it.

Seunghyun hyung then put his arm back on its original position, snaking around noona’s waist. “Bommie, Jiyong’s right; we have to find a more private place,” he said suggestively, along with a wriggle of his eyebrows.

Noona giggled and hit his chest playfully. “Tabi, you can’t be like that, especially if the baby panda is in the same room with us.”

He just sent me a quick glance before looking back at noona. I could sense something mischievous about it. “So I shouldn’t be doing this in front of the panda that probably had done this before?” Without waiting for her response, he plunged his head down and kissed her neck repeatedly.

Noona’s face was becoming beet red and I know I was feeling the same way. “T-Tabi, stop it! You’re embarrassing me!”

Goodness, why do I have to live life like this?! Was this some kind of sick joke after helping them get together? After being humiliated and flushed after seeing scenes like this, does anyone thought that this was enough to endure for a panda like me? This was so different from watching s!

He abruptly stopped kissing her and looked up to her face. “Fine.” Afterwards, he entangled his arm from her waist and stood up. He looked like he was leaving but I knew he had some tricks up his sleeves. He was hiding a grin, I was sure of that.

“Where are you going? Are you leaving?” she inquired with a hint of sadness on her tone.

He just sent her a smirk. “Not without you.” He then proceeded on hooking his arms behind her legs and back, successfully carrying her bridal style.

Oh goodness. Somebody, please have pity on me!

“Tabi! Get me down!” she exclaimed while trying to get off his grip.

He ignored her pleas and proceeded on walking to the door with a slow pace, obviously not bothered with her struggles. “See you later, panda,” he declared without looking at me.

“Tabi!” I heard noona exclaim the moment they left the room.

I sighed. I noticed that after seeing the two of them together, I was doing that a lot now.

Maybe I should just get a girlfriend.