I

The Cupid Called Panda

The Cupid Called Panda

Dedicated to: TJ! <3


“Hyung!” I called the moment I saw Seunghyun hyung coming out of Ji hyung’s guest room. He was the last one to wake up and everybody was probably out by now as I couldn’t sense their presence at all.

“What is it now, panda?” he asked in a grumpy voice as he massaged his head. I gave him some painkillers to ease the pain he was feeling right now.

Hangover.

After the YG Family party last night, Big Bang (with the exception of Daesung as he decided not to come with us again) decided to drink out and ditch our sophisticated image, not with Epik High, not with Dongwook hyung nor with the girls, but just us.

The hyungs drank all the liquors their system could take until they pass out. I can’t remember how many liquors we consumed but I could remember that it consisted half of our table.

Me? I decided to keep it low after deciding what I should do about Seunghyun hyung and Bom noona. I needed to be sober enough to start my plan.

Sheesh, the things I do for love.

It was hard to prevent myself from going another round while I see the hyungs happily drinking their hearts out. It took all my willpower just so I wouldn’t grab the beers staring innocently at me at the table.

Youngbae hyung (who were surprised that I was sober by the way) and I helped the heavily drunk hyungs enter the car. The alcohol didn’t forgive even Seunghyun hyung who was known to have a high tolerance in alcohol. They couldn’t even barely walk and all they did was babble gibberish.

Now I know what Youngbae hyung must have felt whenever we were the ones on our drunken state.

We decided to crash at Ji hyung’s place since it was the nearest at our location. It was better anyways; I wouldn’t want my hyungs to spill their guts at us. Who knows what would happen at the time we would be sending them off one by one on their houses?

After a few minutes waiting for hyung to diminish the pain he was feeling right now, I decided to provoke him. My day wouldn’t be complete without aggravating at least Seunghyun hyung. “Hyung! I have something to ask you,” I replied, ignoring his cranky state.

He hissed darkly at me. “Will you keep it down?” But then, his face scrunched up in pain. “Ugh, my head hurts. Stupid hangovers…

Well, that’s what you get for consuming dozens of beer.

“Fine. Can I ask you what you think of Bom noona?” I asked straightforwardly, not choosing to beat around the bush, as that would take much time.

Hyung sent me a suspicious look. “What are you planning to do?” He started walking to the kitchen and I followed him there.

“It’s nothing. I’m just curious.”

He proceeded on opening the refrigerator and grabbed a pitcher of water. “It’s not just nothing when we’re talking about you, Seungri.”

I grinned cheekily as I watch him pour water on a glass he just got and drank it. “Well… you’re right. But it’s been months since you had a girlfr—”

Hyung stopped drinking water and immediately sent me a reprimanding look, one that made me feel chills running down to my spine. “Don’t even think about it, Lee Seunghyun.”

Even though I was somewhat scared on what would hyung do to me, I persisted with my plan. “Can you not admit it? That you’re a little attracted to Bom noona? I mean, she is completely like you! An alien from another dimension… you are also like that. Didn’t you watch 2NE1 TV?”

“Somehow, I don’t like where this conversation is going…” I heard hyung mutter to himself then he looked at me. “Whatever it is you are planning, it’s not gonna work. I could be or not be attracted to Bom noona but still, it’s wrong. She’s one of my closest friends now and I’ll never EVER cross the line. Just so you know.”

“But hyung—”

He gave me a stronger glare this time. “Quit it or else I’ll hand you to Jiyong myself.” He tapped my shoulder lightly and started walking out of the door. “I’m going.”

I watched him get out of the house and when I was sure that he was out of earshot, I muttered, “But hyung… that’s not what you said last night…”

Youngbae hyung as usual, was the one in charge of driving. The barely conscious Seunghyun hyung and the sleeping Ji hyung were huddled together at the back seat. I chose to sit between the two older hyungs as I have to get my plan into action.

“Oh, Seungri, you don’t want to sit together with me in the front?” Youngbae hyung asked as he closed the car’s door beside him. I could sense a bit of disappointment at his tone. Hah, Youngbae hyung sounding disappointed? Maybe he too, was drunk for dancing too much.

Deciding not to fool around with him this time, I sent him a smile. “It’s not that, hyung. I need to ask Seunghyun hyung about something.”

He returned my smile through the rear-view mirror. “Just make sure it’ll not trouble him.” He then started the car’s engines and started driving.

Now that that’s over with, I turned to my right where I could see Seunghyun hyung leaning his head on the window with his eyes closed. I know he’s still awake though.

“Seunghyun hyung... hyung…” I whispered and when he didn’t reply, I started shaking him. “Seunghyun hyung, are you awake?”

Hyung only grunted in response.

“You see... I was planning to arrange a date with Bom noona…” I trailed off slowly as I waited for him to process the information inside his head.

Hyung opened one eye when I mentioned her name. That must have triggered his interest in the conversation.  “Park Bom? You’re planning to date Bom noona? Yah, are you out of your mind?” His speech was slurring, showing how drunk he was by now.

This time, he opened both of his eyes and looked at me, although I could sense his consciousness was giving in now. His eyes were fluttering now and then. “You… you are not fit to date her. What do you know about… about love? You’re young… TOO young for that… too young for her…” he whispered the last one, as if telling that only to his self.

Due to hyung’s exclaims, it attracted Youngbae hyung’s attention and sent me a warning look that I only ignored.

He started pointing his index finger at himself lazily. “I… If you’re going to date Bommie, you should have… asked my permission about it.”

Bommie? I didn’t know they were on close terms already. That would make things easier for me, I guess.

As if what he said was not enough, he started waving his hand in front of me. “Ah no no, If you ask me about it, I’ll not even permit. I’ll not… I’ll not even make you finish your sentence.”

This hyung really have excessive hand movements, I concluded as he started patting his chest repeatedly. “Do… Do you even know… Do you even know what hyung feels? You… you’re really impossible, Seungri.”

I couldn’t take it anymore. If he continues longer, I’ll have to burst out laughing. So it was true that when one is at their drunken stupor, the truth comes out. “But hyung, I’m not the one going on a date with Bom noona. I was asking for your permission if you could be her date. So do you accept?”

At times like this that hyung was drunk and was not in his right state of mind, I was sure that I could make him do anything my heart desires. And I was right; he agreed.

His eyes then blanked out and stared into space. “Oh… that… nice… It must be really nice… good to hear…” He hugged himself and leaned on towards the window before letting sleep overtake his body.

I smirked when I recalled that particular memory.


A lot may have not known this but when it comes to matchmaking, Dara noona would be my one and only partner. After arranging a date between Youngbae hyung and her, our relationship got stronger. I could speak comfortably to her now.

And so, to convince Bom noona to go to a date with Seunghyun hyung, I have to use Dara noona’s prowess to the eldest noona. After a lot of convincing to my part, I finally made Dara noona agree on their date.

“If anything goes wrong from this, I’m going to point my finger at you. Understand?” Dara noona said over the phone.

“I promise noona! I’m taking all the responsibility! So just trust me,” I assured her, as usual, with confidence oozing on my voice.

I heard her sigh from the other line. “After much deliberation, Bommie agreed to meet at the local restaurant downtown you said. I also followed your instruction not to mention Seunghyun’s her date.”

“That’s good, noona. Now I feel that you’re my best partner in crime now. Do you also feel it?”

Her response was just laughter. “Don’t think that I’m doing this for free, though.”

“Ah, noona, do you want to come with me together to spy on their date activity?”

“WHAT?!” Her shriek was too loud I had to keep the phone away from my ear. “Are you crazy? Not only are you manipulating their dating lives but you also plan to spy on them? Aish, this panda… Can you just give them enough privacy?”

I grinned even though I know she wouldn’t see it. “Take it easy, noona. I’m just kidding. I wouldn’t do something horrible like that. Trust me.”

“Be certain that you keep your word. Anyways, I have to go hang up now, our break’s over. Next time we meet, make sure that you have to buy noona lunch, okay? Take care as always, Seungri. Goodbye.” Without waiting for my response, she ended the call.

Even though I said to noona that I’m just joking when I said that I’m going to stake out on their date, I’m dead serious.


“Hyung, what are you doing still lying there?” I shouted while removing the covers off Seunghyun hyung’s body. Recognition flashed from his face the moment he saw me.

“Give me back the sheets, panda,” he lazily said as he tried to tug back the cover I confiscated from him.

“But hyung! You have to get ready now!” I retorted while pulling the covers off his grasp and when I successfully did, I threw it somewhere else he wouldn’t easily get. Hyung was really a sleepyhead and went back to bed, deciding to ditch the covers.

“Hyung! You can’t be like this!” I shook his body violently so that he knows I’m serious about what I was saying.

At last, he decided to wake up but he didn’t make a move to get up from the bed. His eyes were barely open because of the rude awakening I gave him. “What’s the occasion now, Seungri?”

I feint a shocked look on my face. “Oh, you didn’t know? You have a blind date this day.”

His brows furrowed, showing his confusion to my statement. “What blind date? Wait—what are you saying?”

I looked at my watch and faked another stunned emotion. “Hurry up, hyung! You’re going to be late!” I practically dragged the still dazed hyung to his closet to dress up. I don’t have much confidence to pick his clothes as I’m not good on that area.

But hyung didn’t made a move to change into something and faced me instead. “I don’t remember agreeing to some blind date . You know I don’t do that.”

“But… but you did, hyung. You even agreed. I heard it with my own two ears.”

His eyes were into slits and massaged his head. “Was I drunk?”

I nodded slowly, getting impatient at this. Honestly, he was really getting late to the date. “Youngbae hyung also heard about this. You could ask him about it.”

“,” I heard him mutter as he ran his fingers through his hair, showing his distress.

“Do you want to cancel it, hyung? I could do it for you.” Even if I persuade him not to go, he’ll go there anyways. I know hyung enough that he wouldn’t actually take back his words—even if he was drunk.

And I was right.

“No, you don’t have to do that. I’ll just go change into something comfortable. You know the way to the location, right? Send me there.” He didn’t wait for a response and entered his closet room.

A few minutes later, he was dressed into something simple but could still defeat the cold air outside. Even if I’m a guy, I admit that even if he was dressed like that, it was like he was commanding attention unintentionally, you know? He looked good in everything he wore.

“Let’s go,” he announced and walked out of his room. I also followed him. We met his mother on the hallway and we bade goodbye to her. After that, I lead hyung to where my car was parked while avoiding some fans staked on his house.

I unlocked my car and we both get in. “Hang in there, hyung. I’m stepping on the accelerator,” I informed hyung as I wore my seatbelt.

He also wore the seatbelt and looked at me. “Why do we even have to hurry?” he grumbled under his breath.

I started the engine and just looked on the road. “Men shouldn’t make women wait on dates, right?” But then, I just had to glance at him. “Seriously hyung, you’ve never been to one?”

He was looking apprehensive by now. “Well, if you could call it a date at a club, then maybe…”

I just shook my head and began driving to the location Dara noona mentioned. To make this all possible, I was the one to reserve a VIP room for them to avoid the media finding about this.

“Do you know who the girl is?”

Even if I lie to him, I know he’ll find out about it anyways. “Of course.”

“What do you mean by that?”

I sent him a grin. “You’ll find out later, hyung.” Seriously, if he found out about it now, I would be dead meat. I wouldn’t even have the ability to drive if ever that happened.

He didn’t question me anymore and just stayed silent on the whole ride there. A few minutes later, we arrived at the destination. He started opening the car’s door and before he could get out, I said, “Oh hyung, just say that you have a reservation under Lee Seunghyun’s name. That’s all. Good luck on your date!”

I shoved him out of the car and closed the door to prevent him from questioning further on why the reservation would be under my name. I watched hyung’s frozen figure at my rear-view mirror and started driving.

“If I confirm that this is one of your tricks again, I’m really going to kill you, Seungri!” I heard hyung shouted.

I pretended that I didn’t hear him and drove towards somewhere near the restaurant, finding a good place while not being caught by the fans. When I found one, I stopped the engine and stayed idly there. Afterwards, I brought out my laptop and plugged in my headphones.

Seunghyun hyung and Bom noona may not know this, but I placed a bug underneath the table they would be occupying for their date. Well… I was curious on how their date would turn out. This would be the first major matchmaking I would do and I can’t help but be interested.

When I go matchmaking later in my life (and maybe take it up as my job), I’ll brag to them that I made Seunghyun hyung and Bom noona together so that they know I’m a reliable matchmaker.

I didn’t also settle for listening to the conversations, I somehow persuaded one of the staffs to consent me putting a CCTV at the room they would be occupying. I need not to worry because I reserved them a VIP room so the staff would know to keep it private.

After a few moments, I saw hyung enter the frame. Good thing we weren’t late. Bom noona still hasn’t arrived yet. I saw hyung glancing at his watch. I couldn’t see his expression as the CCTV only showed the top view of his head.

Five minutes later or so, the door opened showing Bom noona. “Seunghyun! Why are you here?” I heard her exclaim while seating across hyung.

“Bom noona?” I could tell from his tone that he was surprised. “But—Seungri—he…” He then ruffled his hair in anger. “Aish, that panda. He’s really going to get it.”

“What about Seungri?” noona inquired half-heartedly as she grabbed the menu in front of her, not caring about the fact that I set her up with my hyung. In fact, she didn’t look annoyed about it at all, like what hyung was expressing now.

“He planned all of this. He also reserved this room for us. Didn’t you feel something off about him for the past days?”

Noona looked up from the menu she was holding. “Why would he even do that?”

“I… I don’t even know.”

She just shrugged and looked at the menu once more. “Since we’re here, why don’t we just continue this instead?”

He nodded and picked the menu beside him. “You’re right. Order as much as you want, noona. I’ll make Seungri pay for this meal.”

Yeah right, hyung. As if I don’t have the money for that.

After they ordered, there wasn’t much going around between the two of them. Actually, it looked more like they’re just hanging out rather than the date that I was expecting.

This was getting boring.

Should I just go there, pretend to be a waiter and dump water on them to make things spicy instead? This was way more boring than I expected. I shouldn’t have spied on them. I’m wasting time.

Just as I thought that their date was uninteresting, I saw the two of them playing Go-stop at their table while waiting for their meal.

My jaws dropped. Seriously… Where did they even get the cards? These two aliens…

Noona playfully hit hyung’s arm. “Yah! You’re cheating!”

He just scratched his head innocently and I know that was his cunning way to dispel any doubts. “Why do I even cheat?”

“Continue doing that and you’re dead!” As if to show that she was serious, she hit him again.

He laughed like a kid. “Noona! Alright, alright, I’ll stop.”

Before I could even close my laptop, I just stayed still and watched the two instead. Okay fine, it’s a little bit entertaining seeing my hyung kneel down on Bom noona’s power. Hyung could be described as the second leader of the group because of his domineering ways so it was pretty refreshing seeing him this way.

Also, it’s not every day I see Bom noona acting carefree like this to a person before. I always see her with the 2NE1 members so I don’t have a chance to see her like this unless; I exclude the 2NE1 TV.

They stopped playing when their food arrived. Hyung was the one to set aside the cards. They started eating and any conversation between the two of them was cut off as they only focused on their food.

Halfway on their meal, Seunghyun hyung would raise his head and look at Bom noona then give his attention to his food again. He was glancing at noona every now and then and I can’t help but wonder why. Was this his way of flirting?

Suddenly, I heard a thing on my headset that sounded like something was hitting something. It was noisier than the voices of the two from earlier when they were speaking. It must have come under the table. As that happened, noona simultaneously stopped eating and raised her head to look at hyung.

She didn’t say anything and I heard that sound again. The two of them stopped eating and stared at each other instead.

Okay, now I’m curious. What was happening out there?

I heard that sound again. I know hyung created it as I saw at the screen that his upper body was slightly gliding. Noona also mimicked his actions.

Ah… so they were playfully kicking their foot under the table. I shook my head as I watch them do it for many times already. Childish, as always.

None of them looked like they were giving up from this immature act. Noona even went as far as raising her arms in midair to control the force she would be retaliating to hyung. If noona had the same attitude with hyung that never gives up on a competition, this could last on forever.

Noona unexpectedly laughed, that type of tinkling laugh that I myself couldn’t help but be enchanted. “Okay, Seunghyun-ah. I give up. I want to continue eating my food already!”

I could sense that hyung was smirking victoriously by now, having won their childish battle. It may look like he was acting immature but he was completely not.

Okay, maybe he was being a little immature.

But he was doing that to grab noona’s attention. Hyung was the type to not show his feelings publicly so if he do this types of things, it means he was doing it just so that he could be noticed by his person of interest.

Aww… how sweet, hyung.

But this was just making me barf.

I wonder if spying on them was the right thing. However, since I’m here, might as well get this done. I decided that if ever they’re going in for a second date, I’ll never EVER spy on them again. I should have followed Dara noona’s advice.

“Why did you do that?” noona asked as she stared at hyung, beginning to eat her food.

Hyung just shrugged and drank the soup he ordered. “Because you’re not saying something.”

“What kind of answer is that? Of course, I’m eating.”

He stopped eating and returned her look. “But you’re not like this though when we eat out with our friends. You’re uncomfortable, right? Did you just realize that I’m handsome in close up? It’s okay, I’m used to it.”

This hyung seriously has a high self-assurance.

She giggled at his remark. “I really wonder where your confidence comes from.”

“Why, am I not handsome?” Hyung then proceeded on putting his hands both on his cheeks, acting cute I suppose.

She laughed louder this time. “You’re killing me!”

“You mean, killing you with my looks?”

Noona stopped eating and touched her stomach. “Aigoo, my stomach hurts.”

After the laughter died down, hyung said, “Feeling comfortable now, noona?”

She nodded in response to hyung then continued eating. “You really have a way with words.”

Their date went smoothly and I could sense that it could be officially called a date. The two chatted about everything their mind could think of and I was surprised that they have a lot in common. Well, they’re not aliens for nothing.

It felt like forever when they were eating. They couldn’t eat at all, as they would choose to converse instead of giving attention to the food in front of them.

At last, they finished eating and hyung requested for the bill. While waiting for it, he uttered, “Noona, foot the bill.”

She seemed like playfully glaring at hyung and folded her arms. “Really gentleman, Seunghyun.”

Hyung laughed as the waiter arrived and gave him the bill. Afterwards, he pulled out his wallet. “I’m just kidding,” he retorted while placing money bills on the table.

They stood up from their seats and exited the VIP room. I removed the headset from my ears, closed the laptop and put it at the passenger seat. After I did that, I exited the car and went near at the entrance of the restaurant while making sure the two will not see me.

I arrived on time as I saw the two exit the restaurant’s doors. They were wearing a jubilant look on their faces; especially noona that looked like hyung cracked a joke. I could hear them talking in hushed tones though but it was still audible.

They made small talks in front of the restaurant not minding the cold weather today and don’t seem to intend to leave that place.

Aish, hyung. Does he know that if he keeps this up someone might recognize them and send a picture of them together at the media?

As much as I want to see the two of them together, I also have to protect their privacy. Sensing that they wouldn’t budge from their positions there, I proceeded on getting back at my car and started the engines. Afterwards, I decided to grace myself to the duo, parking in front of the restaurant.

I opened my car window and sent a smile to hyung. “Hyung, fancy meeting you here!”

Noona seemed startled by my presence but waved her hand to me. “Oh, hello Seungri.”

As much as noona welcomed my existence there, hyung gave me an irritated look. “What now?” They didn’t even bother ask what I was exactly doing there. I guess they were too caught up on their conversation.

I made my voice into a hushed whisper but still loud enough for them to hear. “You’re in a public place. Want to get caught by cameras?”

The two immediately understood what I said. Hyung then put his hands on his pockets and looked intently at her. “Noona, let’s do this again.”

She nodded. “Definitely.” She then bowed and waved her hand. “Goodbye Seunghyun and Seungri!” After saying her farewell, she proceeded on walking out of the place but then, hyung grabbed her hand. She stopped walking and dubiously looked at him.

“Where are you going, noona? We still haven’t finished talking about how you stashed corns without Hwangssabu-nim finding out about it.”

She chuckled at hyung’s statement. “We could talk about it some other time.”

Hyung shockingly pouted. “But I haven’t said farewell to you yet.”

There was some kind of understanding between Bom noona and Seunghyun hyung’s eyes. As if they were just communicating with it. An alien thing, perhaps? Then, out of the sudden, noona smiled but it was cryptic, I don’t know what it meant.

“Noona, get into Seungri’s passenger seat,” hyung announced and noona followed his command. I broke my gaze from hyung and followed noona’s figure entering my car. She sat at the front passenger seat, next to me. As if to assure me on what would happen next, she gave me a sweet smile.

“What’s the meaning of this?” I probed, as I felt left out. I believe I need some clarification about this.

I didn’t notice hyung coming closer to me and opened the driver’s door. He then proceeded on dragging me out. Can you believe it? He was dragging me out of my own car! “Panda, let me borrow your car for a while.”

He succeeded on kicking me out of the driver’s seat, as I was too perplexed on what was happening to respond. By now, I was standing at the block. He sat at my place at the driver seat and completely locked the door. Once I realized this, I shuffled to my feet and tried to open MY car door to no avail.

“Hyung, you can’t be like this! HYUNG!” I repeatedly hit the rising window as I tried opening the door in hopes of unlocking it.

He just sent me a smirk. “Thanks a lot panda,” he said before the window closed completely, ignoring my protests and my heartless hyung drove out of my sight.

I think they were planning their next date location.

But I didn’t care about that now. They stole my car! How am I supposed to go home like this? My wallet’s in there also! How could I ride a taxi? Moreover, it’s cold outside! It’s freaking snowing for goodness’ sake!

I stomped my feet on the ground like a child. “Aish! Hyung!”


The year just ended and I sense another blossoming year has just sprung. A lot of activities at the company was coming up and our group, Big Bang, was expected for a comeback after our long hiatus from the industry.

Ji hyung was the busiest out of us since he was the composing all the songs on our next album. Seunghyun hyung was not excluded though; he was helping Ji hyung too with the lyrics.

A few weeks later, they finished composing and we started the recordings. After all of that, we started to practice our choreography for our live performances that would be used for our album promotions.

After Seunghyun hyung and Bom noona’s date went well, hyung wasn’t speaking to me at all! He was holding a grudge since I arranged a date for him. It’s not like he liked it though… He even said to noona that he wanted to have a second date so what’s the problem with it?

But I sensed that after that date, something changed with Seunghyun hyung. He was rarely not seen with his phone in his hands. He always looked like he was expecting someone to text or call him. It was obvious because he didn’t really use his phone much in the past.

Oh, did I also mention Bom noona frequently visits us at the practice room nowadays? But I know she was there for Seunghyun hyung. She was just neutralizing the situation by speaking with the other members so that they wouldn’t notice a thing.

I’m not sure if what I’m saying was exactly true because I don’t know if I’m just being paranoid or it’s the cupid panda talking.

My musings stopped when I heard our choreographer loudly clapping his hands. “Take five, boys! Take five!” Everyone including me went to the sidelines where the seats where found and did their own thing. Some drank water or chatted with someone while the others took out their phones to entertain themselves.

Bom noona was also present at our rehearsals. Seunghyun hyung went near her and sat beside her. He nodded and said, “Noona.”

“Is there a confirmation on the exact date of your comeback?” noona asked while handing him over a towel so that he could wipe his sweat-covered face. Noona glanced at me and I looked away while reaching out for my phone, pretending to text somebody to dispel her suspicion that I’m eavesdropping on them.

“Late February, I think,” hyung replied while wiping his face with the towel noona gave and drank water from his bottle.

I could feel Seunghyun hyung was holding back, as if he was just testing the waters. If he was in front of noona, he would act aloof but when she’s not around, he holds onto his phone like his life depended on it.

I think he was trying to see if noona would be different behind their text messages. He was afraid of plunging into a relationship he wasn’t sure where it would take him.

Come on, it was apparent that he was talking to noona on the phone after that date. There was more that happened to them after hyung stole my car, I was sure of it.

When hyung was drinking water, noona must have noticed something on his face because she touched his chin and inspected it thoroughly. (To those wondering why I could still see what they were doing at this time, I was looking at them by focusing at the corner of my eye.)

“How did you acquire this, Seunghyun?” she queried with her voice lacing with worry, still holding onto hyung’s chin.

Hyung seemed taken aback when noona touched his chin. He didn’t like people touching him after all. What was surprising the most though was that he let her be and didn’t actually make a move to detach her grip on him.

“I gained that while practicing hard for our comeback.”

She nodded slowly and stopped holding his chin (to which hyung pouted). “You have to take care of yourself! Do you want some of my health food?”

He just shook his head and laughed at the mention of noona’s health food. “It’s not that severe. By the way noona, when’s the time you’re available?”

She just shrugged. “I have a lot of time. Why?”

Hyung beamed and enthusiastically declared, “Let’s go out again together.”

I was so shocked at what I heard that I accidentally dropped my phone on the floor. I picked it up and found out that the two were looking at me. (In hyung’s case, he was sending me a glare, as if he knew what I was doing.)

To dispel what hyung was thinking, I actually surfed the internet on my phone and stopped looking at them from the corner of my eye but I still sharpened my hearing senses because I know they would be speaking in a hushed tone.

“Sure,” noona replied to hyung’s invitation.                                                                

“I wasn’t giving you much of a choice either in the first place.” From the tone of his voice, I could sense that he was grinning by now.

I don’t know why hyung would invite noona on another date when we had barely time for sleeping. We always had tight schedules whenever we had a comeback that it took up all the hours of the day.

Oh right, he was doing that because we would be busier for our world tour and there would be hardly any time for them to be together.

Was it strange that I found it sweet that hyung would sacrifice his sleeping hours just to be with noona? I mean, he was known for being a sleepyhead after all.


It was rehearsal time again and Bom noona was there again for the nth time, not that I’m complaining about it though. Every time I see some interaction between Bom noona and Seunghyun hyung, I could tell that whatever they had right now was getting stronger.

This time though at our break time (because it’s a given fact that Bom noona would be always with Seunghyun hyung), Bom noona was speaking with Ji hyung and Youngbae hyung.

Bom noona had the strongest ties with GDYB ever since her trainee days so I see nothing wrong with it.

But with Seunghyun hyung’s eyes, everything just looked wrong. I could almost feel jealousy emanating waves from his body. He was brooding by himself at one of the seats at the sideline. He was only focused on the trio alone.

I could feel hyung’s jealousy getting stronger when Youngbae hyung left the conversation to practice dancing again. It means that Ji hyung and Bom noona was left chatting together. It didn’t help that Bom noona was laughing elatedly at what Ji hyung said. It was also obvious that Ji hyung was displaying that big genuine smile on his face that shows up whenever he was interested and because Seunghyun hyung was one of Ji hyung’s closest friends, it was understandable that he knows this too.

I looked over at Seunghyun hyung’s state and it was a mistake. Those glinting eyes that screamed evil on it, that folded arms and impatient tapping of the feet…

Get away from Ji hyung if you still could, Bom noona. Please, I’m begging you before this practice room become a battlefield.

While some of you starts saying that I was exaggerating, let me say that Seunghyun hyung’s jealousy were one of the things that would be extremely dangerous to handle especially if he had his eyes set on a woman (and veeerryy especially if he had a date coming up with that woman). The worst part was; he didn’t even bother hiding it.

Hyung couldn’t help feel like that. He was one of those types of people that don’t open up easily and when they do, their complete trust would be given to that person. I guess this applies to Bom noona.

If ever someone did wrong at Seunghyun hyung’s eyes, he could be really destructive and revengeful which would end up with him saying hurtful words to that person. It didn’t help that hyung wasn’t the one to forgive easily.

The situation with Bom noona and Ji hyung didn’t get any better when noona decided to hold both of Ji hyung’s arms because he started teasing her, pushing him all the way to the mirrors. Ji hyung returned that gesture and the two engaged into a friendly fight. It was like an evolved version of arm wrestling.

Because it’s a cupid’s job to prevent something bad happening, I got to my feet and dragged Bom noona away from Ji hyung, unclasping their hold on each other and replaced noona instead so that I was the one playing with Ji hyung.

Bom noona seemed shocked by this but Ji hyung beat her to it. “Yah, panda! What are you doing?” he exclaimed as he pushed me further towards the mirror walls.

Don’t worry, Seunghyun hyung! I got you covered!

I retaliated back his force and replied, “I’m saving you from death, hyung!”

Noona didn’t get the message I was implying though and instead helped me defeat Ji hyung by interfering. “What did you say about my corns, Jiyong?” she started in an intimidating voice and then held one of his arms.

Ji hyung didn’t look defeated and even did mehrong with noona. How much childish does this leader could get? “It doesn’t taste good, noona! I said it doesn’t taste good!”

That was the trigger and the shocking force from noona eventually made Ji hyung lying on the floor. I just made it alive by letting go of hyung’s hold on time. Noona didn’t stop there though and tickled hyung until he couldn’t breathe.

“I dare you to say that again, Kwon Jiyong!”

Hyung just kept moving around on the floor. “Hahahaha! Stop! Hahahaha—Bom! I-It… hahahaha! Okay, okay! Corns are the best in the whole world!”

That made Bom noona stop. By now, Ji hyung was breathing heavily and was sitting on the floor with his palms facing downward, supporting him. “Ah… noona, you’re really tiring to be with.”

Noona also joined him sitting at the floor and folded her arms on her chest with her chin raised. “Do that again and I would really kill you from excessive tickling.”

Ji hyung chuckled and hooked one of his arms on noona’s neck like it was not a big deal. “Aw, my favorite noona can’t even be teased~! Come here so that I could ease noona’s pain.” He then ruffled her hair furiously. This hyung was really fearless.

“Jiyong! Yah!” noona bellowed while trying hard to get off Ji hyung’s headlock.

Because of the mixture of fear and shock I was feeling right now, I was just watching them with my jaws dropped. I didn’t even risk glancing at Seunghyun hyung’s direction because I know what he was feeling. I could even feel it in the air right now.

I also know then that Bom noona couldn’t save herself from Seunghyun hyung’s wrath.

“Jiyong! Sajangnim needs your attention,” our choreographer announced.

Ji hyung looked at him and replied, “Wait a minute.” He then turned back to noona and let go of her. As if what he did earlier wasn’t fearless enough, he pinched noona’s cheeks hard and stood up quickly. “You’re really cute, noona so I hope you could forgive me!” he talked really fast and ran towards the door, successfully making noona off guard.

“JIYONG! WHEN YOU COME BACK HERE YOU’RE REALLY DEAD!” she shouted.

She stood up from the floor and dusted herself. After that, she went towards Seunghyun hyung’s direction like nothing happened and my distress as the matchmaker increased tenfold again.

GET OUT OF THERE, NOONA! HYUNG IS A LIVING BOMB! STOP, JUST STAAAHP.

I wish that she could hear me telepathically instead but she can’t so...

“Seunghyun, what’s up?” noona asked as she sat beside hyung.

Surprisingly and fearfully, hyung sent a smile towards noona. I knew then that he was planning something wicked. “I’m having fun right now. Seeing you with Jiyong is really refreshing.”

She wasn’t pleased though with what she heard from him. “Your leader is the most annoying thing in the planet I’ve met so far. Can you believe that he always wants to bicker with me? Aish, childish Jiyong…

“Don’t worry about her, noona. He’s always like that. Let it go, just mind about our date tomorrow.” Even if he was responding positively, I know by nature that hyung wouldn’t easily let go of what happened earlier before his eyes.