Second Date & Operation Fairy Burglar

Like Glass
 For all his experience with women, Eric had no idea what was acceptable clothing for a date. Was it really that different dating a women versus dating a man. Not that he had every really dated a women to begin with.
 
I'm not sure this is even a good plan, he thought, glancing in the direction of the table, where he'd laid out what he needed for this particular plot. What if Hyesung thought it was lame? On the other hand, was why he worrying about it so much? He was supposed to be the kind of guy who didn't do romance, who slept with women but never dated them. The operative term here, he was forced to admit, being 'supposed to be.' Eric sighed. Hardly the first time Hyesung's turned my life upside down.
 
He gave up that train of thought and settled on jeans and a simple black button down shirt. Honestly, he was more interested in what Hyesung would be wearing. Lately everything he wore left Eric sorely tempted. Plus something had changed in Hyesung's demeanor; he seemed more confident these days. Maybe it was only Eric's imagination but he seemed to glow with an inner light that put some beauty into his features.
 
Eric shook himself from his thoughts. He leaned against the doorframe for a long moment, one foot in his bedroom, the other in the hallway. From here he could actually see the table and the items on it.
 
"Well, it's too late to change my mind now," he muttered.
 
As if to confirm that a knock sounded on the door. He took a deep breath and went to open it. These days he'd gotten good at bracing himself for whatever Hyesung would be wearing. Not, he thought as he opened the door, good enough.
 
"What?" Hyesung asked, when all he did was stare.
 
"You ask that every time," Eric said, managing to make his voice teasing. "Fishing for compliments?"
 
Hyesung planted his hands on his hips and tossed his head. He looked like starlight—even his skin had a silvery glimmer to it. I was right, Eric thought, eyeing the shimmering dark blue shirt Hyesung was wearing. It's more than the clothes. There's a change in him.
 
"You ought to know me better than that," He retorted without heat.
 
Hyesung stepped into the apartment. Even with his newfound confidence he hesitated just inside the door, his teeth sinking into his lower lip. Eric leaned down slightly and kissed Hyesung's cheek. He didn't dare do more than that; they might never get this date started if he let himself get carried away.
 
"Of course I do," Eric said. "Who knows you better than me?"
 
Hyesung stuck his tongue out at him and hit him on the shoulder lightly.
 
He turned away before he could be too tempted to grab Hyesung's arm and pulling him into a actual kiss. Eric crossed the room and grabbed the basket from the table. It was a heavy old thing, the dark wicker weave faded and a bit worn from years of use. Once it had belonged to his grandmother, then to his mother; it hadn't been used since his mother left though.
 
Hyesung leaned in the doorway, a light breeze pulling at the ends of his hair. He raised his eyebrows when he saw the basket. "A picnic?"
 
"Well, um...if you'd rather do something else..."
 
"Not at all. But it might get cold out there. Hope you're prepared to keep me warm."
 
Hyesung smiled in a way that was probably supposed to be coquettish. Eric suppressed a smile; Hyesung still mostly managed cute rather than seductive. However when he turned to walk out the door the shirt move with his stride. He swallowed hard and gripped the basket tight. Just the thought of moving his hands over Hyesung's creamy pale skin the same way the fabric moved made him tense and well, hard.
 
He followed Hyesung, holding the basket in front of himself. Fortunately Hyesung didn't seem to notice.
 
He'd chosen late afternoon, so it was still warm and bright enough to see. Hyesung walked beside him, quiet but not uncomfortably so, as they headed down to the ground floor. Eric couldn't help glancing at Hyesung from time to time, peeking covertly from the corner of his eye. He walked with more swing in his stride, with straighter shoulders and his chin held higher. Maybe his brothers are doing Hyesung some good after all, Eric thought. His stomach still twisted with unease when he thought of them, though.
 
"So, where are we going?" Hyesung asked, hooking his arm through Eric's. "I didn't exactly wear clothes for hiking, I admit."
 
Eric looked Hyesung up and down he was wearing the night sky shirt, a pair of  dark rinse skinny jeans and white loafers. Eric grinned. "I like your clothes just fine."
 
"I won't, if we end up trekking off to some woods in the middle of nowhere."
 
"Ah, don't worry, Little Red Riding Sunggie" he teased. "I'll protect you."
 
Hyesung looked at him, his eyebrows rising, his mouth quirking at the corners. "From the big, bad wolf?"
 
"Oh. No." He flashed a decidedly wolfish grin. "Not from that."
 
Hyesung threw his head back and laughed. Lights danced in Hyesung's hair. Eric blinked, for a moment completely mesmerized. Then he shook himself; it was probably just the sunlight playing among those brown strands.
 
Eric led Hyesung past the garage, towards the expanse of land stretching into the distance. They walked in companionable silence, a silence similar and yet different to the ones he'd known during their friendship. Guess I'm getting used to this change in our relationship, he realized. Being around him, teasing him, all of it was becoming easy again.
 
Hyesung leaned into Eric. He caught the scent of Hyesung and shampoo from his hair and thought, Okay, maybe not completely easy.
 
After a short while they reached the place he'd chosen. Since he'd begun living here, Eric had liked spending time in this spot. A small copse of trees huddled around a tiny pond—manmade, he suspected. In the summer he came out here with a book or his guitar, to relax under—or in—the trees. He'd never taken Hyesung out here before.
 
"Oh wow," Hyesung murmured. "Eric, this place is beautiful."
 
"Yeah."
 
"Is it yours? I mean, the property..."
 
"Nah, but it doesn't belong to anyone else in the neighborhood either, far as I know."
 
Eric set the basket down and pulled a blanket from it. He spread the blanket out beneath the largest tree. With a great deal of care Hyesung settled on the blanket, towards the edge where sunlight came through the tree branches.
 
"How'd you get this idea, anyway?" Hyesung asked. "It's so...un-Eric-like."
 
He gazed at Hyesung in mock outrage. "Are you saying I'm not romantic?"
 
"Yes," he responded bluntly. Hyesung raised a hand and crooked a finger. "C'mere, Prince Not-So-Charming."
 
Eric set down the Tupperware container he'd just pulled out of the basket and sidled over to Hyesung. Perhaps he shouldn't have gone so willingly. Sometimes he acted like Hyesung had wrapped him around his little finger. But Hyesung crawled into his lap, wrapping himself around Eric instead, tucking his head beneath his chin.
 
"Mmm," Hyesung murmured. "Much better. You're warm."
 
"Well, I am wearing more than a spangly blue shirt and skinny jeans."
 
"What's wrong with my shirt?"
 
Eric  the fabric gently. "To me? Nothing. I expect it's going to get chilly for you, though."
 
"I did actually bring something to keep me warm," he said, reaching for his bag. That Eric hadn't noticed til just now. "It's not that cold, and I didn't know we'd be outside."
 
"Yeah, sorry about that. I wanted to surprise you..."
 
"I don't mind. Let me just—"
 
Hyesung tried to tug something out of his bag—something dark blue and silky—but the bag refused to yield its contents. Hyesung rolled his eyes and tugged harder. The cloth came out at last, unraveling from the neat folds it had been in. Something tumbled free of it and landed on the grass.
 
They both sat there and blinked at it curiously. Then Hyesung's shoulders went rigid. Is that... Eric thought. Yes, yes it is. He recognized the remote and bullet combo; one of the girls he used to hook up with regularly had a collection of s that would give a toy store owners pause. In fact, this little baby was rather mild in comparison to some of the things she'd owned. I imagine I should keep that to myself, though...
 
Hyesung's cheeks were roughly the same shade as a tomato. He scrambled out of his lap and to his feet before Eric could catch him. Humiliation and anger burned in his eyes.
 
"Minwoo!" he hissed.
 
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
 
Minwoo smiled to himself as he thought of the surprise he had left Hyesung in his bag. hopefully Hyesung will be chilled and need his sweater. He wish he could have been there to see his new toys reaction to the gift he had left him but unfortunately he had other plans.
 
He walked into the house as if he owned it. He walked past the maid who was moping the marble floor. He left no foot prints in the wet floor as he passed. He was just a breeze that flowed through the house. A cold chill down your spine.
 
The of an evil step-mother was holding a meeting with her lawyers. She was trying to get them to push the charges even though they had no evidence. Plus Hyesung was a goody-two-shoes, he didn't even have a parking ticket to his name.
 
She argued with them saying they needed to dig deeper and find something that would make Hyesung look bad. They didn't have anything. They asked if she was sure that she saw Hyesung leaving the house at that exact time. Miri was absolutely positive that she had seen Hyesung.
 
She technically did see Hyesung but it really wasn't Hyesung. It had been Minwoo casting an illusion of Hyesung. Minwoo giggled to himself thinking about the stupidity of humans.
 
Minwoo pulled the necklace out of his pocket. Letting the jewels twinkle in the dim lighting of the hallway. It was fun playing with that women. Her reactions were pretty typical for her type, greedy money grubbing women.
 
He looked around for an obvious place to put the necklace. Then he laugh as he saw the perfect place to put it.
 
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
 
Miri was fuming. She absolutely need that necklace back. She was on the verge of yelling. She was frustrated with her lawyers they were all incompetent. How hard could it be to find evidence that the brat of her deceased husband had taken her necklace because he resented that she had gotten his father's money instead of him.
 
He had to have done it. No one else had motive plus she had seen him in that banged up old car of his driving down the road away from her house.
 
The lawyers countered by telling her that Hyesung had been at class at that exact time. They had several witnesses as well as school records to show that he had attended class that afternoon. The private investigator that they had hired was very thorough as well as expensive.
 
The cost of the lawyers and the investigator was also getting to her. She may be rich but that only lasted until she had spent it all. At the rate that these legal fees were adding up she would be bankrupt before they arrested Hyesung for theft.
 
They all stood up saying that they would continue to look into the matter even though they knew that it was hopeless with out any evidence. They filed out of the room clutching their briefcases.
 
Miri followed thinking about getting new lawyers when she almost ran into one. She decided that she would fire them right now. Now why had they stopped? She just wanted them out of the house so she could look into hiring better lawyers. They were pointing at her replica of David.
 
She wish she could have afforded the real David statue but this was an authentic replica of it. She was actually quite proud of it.  She pushed past the lawyer that she had almost ran into and looked at the David statue.
 
"I guess you won't be needed our services anymore." one of the lawyers snickered. . Another coughed which sound more like a snort. They all left stunned Miri there in the hallway starting at the statue of David wearing the necklace that she had reported missing. The necklace that Hyesung had stolen.
 
Miri fumed how could that twit have come into this house without me knowing and humiliate me like this she thought. She carefully removed the necklace from the replica of the David statue. He movements were careful and controlled but the tick on her forehead gave away how angry she was. She walked away slowly with the necklace clutched in her hands.
 
She swore that she would get Hyesung back somehow. Even though she had the money and the house there must be something else that Hyesung held dear the she could ruin. No one humiliated her like Hyesung had.
 
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Minwoo was standing opposite the David statue. Tears of laughter were poring down his face. The way she had walked away stiff had been hilarious. His side hurt from all the laughing. He was slightly short of breath and light headed. His need for chaos had been appeased.
 
After he calmed himself he wondered why had this necklace been so important. There had been others, more expensive and more appealing then this simple sapphire pendent. He wondered about the significance of this because Miri was the type who only cared about the price and glamour of an item.
 
Well he planned to find out and have more fun with Miri. Next time he would make a plan that didn't involve his new favorite toy Hyesung.  Things were looking up for Minwoo.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am very sorry that this took awhile. I have been busy looking for a job plus I have been having writers block. I am sorry that this chapter has been skipping around a bit. I was going to put it in another chapter but I felt that it was too short so I added it to this one. I have decide that I am going to continue this story. Well it's more like this story won't let me finish it. XP So I decided to let it take me where it will. Thank you so much for staying with me. Comment  Please because I want to know how horrible I am doing. I really want to know what you think. Even the bad.