3rd ONESHOT featuring Eric Nam

A series of oneshots

“Du Bu Qi… Er, Ni Zhidao ma.. Er how long till my flight?”

I point to my ticket in a desperate attempt to channel my telepathic message through the lens of my Raybans aviators, seemingly oblivious to the growing queue of people behind me.

“Du Bu Qi-“

A figure in sunglasses, a dark maroon Christmas sweater, mustard chinos and dark brown brogues converses efficiently with the airport information assistant before glancing back at me.

“3 hours till your next flight”

“Ahh…thankyou,” I say, perhaps a bit embarrassed and bow awkwardly. The aviators slip off the soft bridge of my nose and they fall onto the ground, disturbing the foreign silence between us.

“That’s oka-“

Picking them off the floor, he hands them to me, looking directly at me.

He stiffens.

“Amelie?”

“Okay! Class dismissed!,” clapped the teacher, eliciting groans of relief from us as we sprawled out messily on the floor, the unpleasant smell of sweat mingling with the waxy smell of the dance floor.

Stretching a few times, I grabbed my bag and made haste in order to catch my bus on time.

BRRRRP

Swiping my lock code, I answered in slight annoyance.

“Look, I might miss-“

“You left your school binder behind!”

Cursing to myself under my breath, I headed back urgently, not noticing or not caring about the raindrops sinking into my clothes, merging with the sweat patches formed unevenly, making me look like a cow.  

My friend shook her head at me as she handed over my binder and went back inside.  

“MISTER THE BUS DRIVERRRRR,” I hollered as I sped towards the closing doors of my bus and surprisingly, the doors reopened, to the distaste of the commuters.

“Sorry (but not sorry),” I beam cheekily, having made the bus after all.

The bus began to swerve, pushing all the strangers against each other, disobeying equilibrium for a moment. I found myself buried in someone’s chest for a moment. Their clothes were really soft- Was it like a wool or cotton blend? Well, it was softer than the clothes I was wearing- being workout clothes and all didn’t really shield me from the cold brought in by the rain.

“Sorry! I’m not a -“ I protested in indignation.  

“It’s the bus I swear,” chuckled the stranger at my reaction.

“Ah are you a dancer? Have you heard of Rebound Academy? My friend’s uncle founded that place.”

“Yes! I practise there regularly. Are you a dancer because I don’t seem to have seen you around before?”

The usual bus ride turned into one of those serendipitous moments, minus the penetrating fog that swamped across the bus windows, delaying the bus ride longer than usual.

“Hey, this is my stop but it was nice meeting you. I might see you around one day. My name is –“

“Eric Nam OPPA!!! KYAAA!”

A bunch of fan girls rush in our direction.

“Oops. Spotted,” he laughs and he grabs my hand, much to my surprise.

I didn’t argue, running along with him in my Nike Theas.  

The usual wait turned into one of those serendipitous moments, minus the buzzing of antics of the fan girls not too far behind us.

Author's note: Sorry for the delay in my updates! This oneshot may be a disappointment for some of yous because there is a lack of finality and closure into what really happens but I am experimenting with different styles right now so feedback will be greatly appreciated :) Let me know if you'd like any One shots to be transformed into a full story. Note: I am in my final year of senior school so frequent updates may be delayed. Hope 2015 brings joy and properity for y'all. keep reading and keep writing <3