The boy who wears that Willy Wonka hat.

Short Stories.

For you who havent seen SHINee's Sherlock MV, I recommended to see it first, so you can pictured him wearing the hat.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Give me 5 more minutes.” Taemin croaked voice greets me as he awake for a while before he closed his eyes again.

 

I looked at the clock hanging on the wall, but then, oh well, he must be so tired. So then I nodded agree and I glide under then blanket too, sitting on the bed with my back leaned on the wall. Can’t help but smile as I his hair lovingly and enjoying this moment where I can staring at him sleeping peacefully for another 5 minutes as I promised, before he has to wake up to continue his packed schedule, especially today.

 

This special circumstance is Taemin’s wish; he was asking Choijin-sshi to let him stay the night at my place as soon I have to get back to Barcelona. Apparently, that manager of his understood, and granted his wish. Little that he know, I already promised to his manager that I will tell ‘no’ if the Magnae asked me to come to his activity today. It’s the price I have to pay in exchange to Taemin’s wish.

 

Well, the manager’s way of thinking is make sense. He said that he heard some fans start to questioning things about Taemin and Minho-sshi, particularly. They are suspicious that both of the guys might have girlfriends, judging from their kind of changing attitude nowadays.

 

I once met Key-sshi’s girlfriend –yes, he’s the one with a girl, not Minho, yet she has to disguise as his fans first and then changed into their staff in order to make it possible for Key bringing her to the boys’ waiting room safely.

 

Most of the time, I was in Barcelona anyway, but whenever I’m here, Taemin never gets into such a trouble since all he will do is finding his phone. And so with just one phone call, he would have two of his most beloved women in his life come for him; his mother comes with his favorite food in her hand and tags me along with her so I can pass the guards and everything. Long story come short, this smart boy gets everything. And oh you have to know the fact that not only he’s the apple of his mother’s eyes, but vice versa, he nags to his mom too. Figures how he ended up with an older girl like me. If you’re curious how his mother looks like, well, his pointy nose and adorable baby fat cheeks are coming from her.

 

My thoughts are interrupted by a sudden move from the sleeping Taemin. His legs untwined with mine as then I laugh a bit. Maybe in his sleep, he cant find the pillow because now his head is in my lap. Or maybe he’s just half-awake and wants to be pampered more.

 

I agreed everything Taemin ask for to make him happy prior to my leave and of course I don’t want to ruin the excite mood that he and his Hyungs already have since they now are promoting their new songs. So why would I contribute a sad story in his current situation?

 

You might already guessed, that this boyfriend of mine is the type who can’t say he’s sad or disappointed when actually he is. Oh of course you can easily detect what he feels from his expression, he’s bad at pokerface, but no matter how hard you pointing it out, no words will come from him. So what can you do? Just goes along with him to assure that everything will be okay while letting him with his own way to settle his heart.

 

My hand reaching out to my phone on the bed side table and because of that, he’s awake.

 

Lifting his head from my lap, slowly he’s sitting on the bed and facing at me without opening his eyes.

 

“Good morning, starshine.” I mocked him, since he’s a nocturnal, I used to say the word ‘star’ instead of ‘sun’. Well, sun is a star anyway. And do you remember that Taemin loves to eat star candies?

 

He mumbled something that I believe he said good morning too.

 

“Hey look, my new wallpaper.” I showed him by shoving my phone close to his face. He looks so cute like a little puppy as he seems between fighting to open his sleepy and also battling his heavy bangs that covers his eyes.

 

I laughed as I help him put aside his hair and also combed his extension while he took my phone to look closely.

 

“Wonka me.” He said with not so much care, but still staring at his own picture seriously.

 

“Yeah.” I replied. Yes, it’s a picture of him from the music video location with his 1920’s costume; black wide-shoulder trench coat and black hat that was so iconic coming from Willy Wonka character.

 

As I loose my ponytail and reaching my hair band, I rounded my hand around his head to help him tied his current long hair. He didn’t even move or seemed to bother with my act as he pushed some buttons on my phone. He might just try to find another picture of him.

 

“Jonghyun hyungie took many pictures, did I send you all of them?” He asked.

 

I chuckled and I now I finished tying his hair, well, messily, I just rounded my hand on his shoulder and facing him, pretend that I was surprised, “Aigoo, how forgetful you are.”

 

He’s laughing at my act too, as then he remembered, “Ah, yeah, I just send you one picture because the staff already called me to stand by.”

 

“It’s okay, one is enough for me.” I said, “And you look incredibly similar to a doll.”

 

“Huh?” he flinched back a bit, as if I said a nasty word or something.

 

“What?” I smirked, “It’s not like I never say that before.”

 

“Yeah and it’s not like that I never said to you how it’s creepy to be said look similar to a doll.” He said back at me.

 

“Look at you, so not cute after being a 20 years old, all you did is talking back at me.” I said that and to my surprise he’s laughing so loud.

 

“Whatever you say. I know that you think I’m cute regardless what I do or how I look.” He put my phone down on the bed and staring back at me with his ever proud look on his eyes.

 

“Yeah?” I smiled to challenge him.

 

“Yeah.” He nodded firmly, “And also how you always complaint because you said your boyfriend is pretty.”

 

Now it’s my turn to laugh, “But im still prettier.” Of course it’s a joke, but that’s what he used to reply when I pointing out how he suits a feminine look, he will say that I’m prettier than him –most of the reason is because he irked and doesn’t know how to react whenever people said he’s more beautiful that most women.

 

“Well, I even fall for your mushroom hair look, so what can I say?” I more.

 

“I even still look dashing with that innocent look, aren’t I?” his face is an inch closer now.

 

“Well only your look that is innocent, your mind is way far from it.” I replied quickly and then I lift my hand between our faces and counting out his hairstyle that is my favorite with my fingers, I said, “RDD’s side-braided hair,” because he looks great if he shows his forehead, “Korean Lucifer’s ponytail,” because he looks manly, “Japanese Replay’s color,” because he surprising look so good with red hair, “Lastly, your hair on the MV with that hat.” I thought that some people will look kind of stupid with that hat, especially if you’re not a British man, but he looked so cute.

 

“Yeah, I know that you will like it that’s why I bragged out by sending that picture.” He said it as then I blinked on how honest and naïve he is by admit it out loud. He’s a really funny person whenever he’s not trying to be one.

 

Hiding my laugh, I said, “I like it because you do look like a doll.” And lifting my index finger to point that fact out.

 

“Aish.” He’s loudly chuckled and looks annoyed to my comment, but when I was about to laugh, he went forward in sudden, even crash my finger as it blocks him to give me a peck.

 

As he moved back, “Didn’t I told you that doll comment is annoying.” He said.

 

“You ended up kissing my finger anyway.” I mocked him.

 

“I didn’t. I felt your lips too, Noona!” He and his desperately stubborn head. But it’s only a second, because after that he seems embarrassed because of his own words. I can see it from his chickened-out stare and he chewed his lower lip like a child.

 

“HAHAHAHAHA.” I throw myself on the bed as I laugh like crazy, “You’re just as awkward as Willy Wonka himself! No wonder the coordi give that hat to you, Taemin-ah~”

 

“Go ahead and laugh.” He’s just staring at me while im still laughing.

 

“Ah, suddenly I remembered that scene where Wonka hit his head on the glass wall..” I commented as I wiped my tears that came out because of my laugh, “Ah, I cried.”

 

Then as Im still lying there, I looked at him, trying to calm my breath down after the laugh.

 

“Hm?” He asked.

 

“When I am weak and I want to run away….” I sang one of his part on ‘Honesty’, “I wonder whether Jonghyun-sshi write it for a fans or a lover.”

 

Taemin chuckled, and innocently explain it, “Like what he said, it is really for our fans. But of course, the words suits for our lovers too..  aside from the fact that Hyung doesn’t have a girl at the moment.“

 

“So I remained in your eyes as I smile?” Suddenly the image I saw on the internet last night of him smiling heartily in that radio show pictured again inside my mind. I wonder if he's still think of me during his busy schedule, well, not that I doubt him, it's just that he often surprises me with the way he thinks, even after being together for a quite long time now.

 

He nodded, but slightly frowned, “Why you asked like that, Noona?”

 

I shook my head, “I just pointing out from the lyrics, aren’t I?”

 

And it seems that he’s satisfied with my answer as he didn’t ask me any further. Sometimes, I’m grateful that he has this somehow simple and naïve way of thinking so he would just believe my words.

 

“But yeah, your joy is my happiness. Minho-sshi is such a genius to write that part.” I smiled.

 

It seems that Taemin wants to say something, but then we heard a ringtone. It’s his phone.

 

“Uh..” He gets up from the bed, and I already know what he will say right after as he’s facing me while taking his bag on his hand, “Where’s my phone?”

 

Smiling, I pointed to the table on his side of the bed, “I put it there so you can find it easily.”

 

Sheepishly, he’s smiling back at me and throw his bag back to the floor. He crawled on the bed to grab the phone and answer it without looking at the LCD, “Yeoboseyo? Ah, it’s you Hyung.”

 

‘Jinki Hyung.’ He said to me inaudibly so I nodded.

 

“Yeah? Why? … oh, okay. Well.. yeah, I get it. I can meet her later.” Taemin is staring at me as he speaks through the phone, “Yep, bye.”

 

After he’s done, he said, “Um.. Noona.. Im sorry, I cant take you along with me today, because I have 6 different schedule in different places and it’s kinda uh, difficult.” He looked regretful as then I laugh, “Yah, isn’t it usual? It’s not like Im with you in your daily activities.” I secretly relieved, because now I don’t have to say ‘no’ to his wish just like I promised to his manager.

 

“Butyou’releavingintwodays! Ah, really, and God knows when you’re be back again.” He pouted after talking really fast like every time he’s nervous.

 

“Well, that’s why you gave me this, and you have that in your finger, right?” I titled my hand as I lifted my finger, at the same time I pointed to the silver ring on his index finger, “To remind me that I can’t look around to find any hot guys wherever I go, because there’s a innocent looking brat waiting for me here.”

 

His stare softened and then just smile before covering his lips with the back of his hand, looking all sheepishly, maybe embarrassed to the thought of himself, who’s just giving me a couple ring right after I arrived in Seoul about a month ago.

 

Before he can say anything, I throw him his towel playfully and say, “I promised to you I’d be a good girl, but now, Taemin Wonka-sshi, all you have to do is take a shower because your Hyungs are waiting, before Key-sshi calls you and start his nag.”

 

He nods and get up from the bed once again, humming Honesty’s lyrics, “When I am weak and I want to run away…”

 

Smiling as I hugged the pillow, I just listened to him continued to sing. When he walked to the bathroom, and all I did is staring at his back, he sang, “.. Your small hand becomes my biggest strength, for the rest of my life, I’ll sing a song for you.” I know that it’s his way to speak up his mind to me without being embarrassed too.

 

And yes, of course, my starshine Lee Taemin, your joy is my happiness.

So continue to shine brightly and I'll be with you, far or near.

 

:)

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------END----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

Hi! Im back! This story is inspired by Taemin's look with that gorgoeous looking 1920's costume in Sherlock MV, and also because I noticed recently that Taemin wears a ring on his index finger (and look at this photo of his smile -and that ring! http://locxxx.tumblr.com/post/19817002112/120323-sukira-kbs-kiss-the-radio-taemin)

And as i love 'Honesty' so much, this story dedicated to Jonghyun-sshi :3

I hope you like this one as much as the other series of 'The boy who'!

 

See you on the next installment!

lovelovelove,

 

Z.