Friend/Umma

Under the Blossoms [Hiatus]

"Hey, are you okay?" He said with a full heart. Which is ironic since he felt like half of it was gone from seeing her in pain. She just started to cry more. "Please talk to me." He choked up. A few moments later she looked directly into his eyes. She managed to say something through her heavy breathing and sobbing.

"Is.. Is that the kind of treatment that I.. I am to get when I'm with you? ... Maybe it would be best for both of us if we didn't do this again." 

* * *

"W- what?" That's all that Dongho could spit out. He was shocked and a bit hurt by Hun Mi's words. Did she really mean that? *I should have chosen a more secluded place...* Dongho regretted. He remained staring at her though. She didn't answer right away.

"I- I feel like if we are going to continue to see each other, that this will happen again.. And. And I-I don't like i-it." She had began to cry again. Dongho felt pain inside of his chest. He couldn't stand to see her like that. He felt like he needed to protect her, and make her happy. He felt so bad that it was his fault that she was like this now.

"I'm sorry.. but I have to go now.." She said as she got up and began to walk away, but she felt a hand grab her wrist. She was spun around and embraced tightly by the famous boy. He felt warm.. and comfortable.. She felt safe like this. But why?

"I'm so sorry Hun Mi," His ambrace tightened with his next words. Her eyes widened as he whispered to her "I wont ever let anyone hurt you like that again. I want to keep you safe, and always be there for you." Upon hearing these words, shivers were sent down her spine; but they weren't cold shivers from the crisp morning air. Her heart felt warmed. Like it was shivers of delight.. "Hun Mi?" Dongho said as he slowly broke the molded embrace to look at her face. He noticed that she was shocked. She was as stiff as a statue. He gingerly waved a hand in front of her eyes; they were glued into the distance.

She snapped out of her fantasy when she realized that she hadn't said anything for a while. She looked at him and found that their eyes immediately connected. She was taken back, and stepped away as she hung her head to cover up her reddened cheeks.

".. What do you mean by that..?" She finally asked.

"I'm honestly not sure what it is, but," He paused unsure of how to put it "But I feel like I always want to see you. I think about you a lot. I've never felt this way before. Here," He started as he placed his hand in the place of his heart "is where it's strange to me. It beats a bit faster when I see you, and aches for you when I don't.." Slowly fading his voice out when he noticed that Hun Mi's lips were slightly curled in the corners. His face became distorted, and raised an eyebrow at her reaction. "Is there something on my face?" He asked confused.

"What?"

"You're smirking at me."

"Huh? Oh," Her smile dropped when she realized what she had just shown to him. She felt awkward, an- but just then Dongho stepped closer to her. Her head was hung low in embarrassment. She felt a gentle finger lift her chin up. Their eyes met yet again. An instant connection was made, and she didn't know exactly what it meant.

~BRINGG~ BRINGG~

Her phone rang. That startled her enough to jump and bonk Dongho on the nose.

"Mianhabnida~!" She gasped. He just rubbed the bridge of his nose as he crinkled it in a cute fashion. She pulled out her phone and answered it.

"Annyeon-" She was cut off.

"WHERE ARE YOU. YOU'LL BE LATE AGAIN!!" Mi Kyong yelled at her.

"OMG." She then ran off to her school leaving Dongho there confused and still rubbing his nose.

* * *

Hun Mi reached the school doors where she saw Mi Kyong standing there waiting for her.

"Where were you??" Mi Kyong asked quite sternly. She was almost like her second umma at times. Which seemed to come with their age difference. She was older then Hun Mi by almost a year.

"C-Can't now. Te-tell you later." She huffed out as she passed her running to class.

 

She managed to reach her classroom door in time for the first bell. Though with the lack of oxygen in her lungs, she stepped in and hurridly went to her seat.

"Oh, look. Hun Mi decided to join us in time today." The teacher joked causing the class to chuckle from the sarcastic comment. Hun Mi covered her head, and waited for the lesson to start so that it would take the awkwardness away from her.

* * *

School was over, and Mi Kyong was determined to get answers out of Hun Mi.

"So where were you this morning? I know that you didn't sleep in again, because I went to your house, but your mom had said that you ran off somewhere, and it's not like you to do things like that. Hmm~" She persisted while lightly tapping her left foot on the ground to account for the time that I was wasting not answering her.

"I-"

"No lies." She interrupted.

"Right." Hun Mi scratched the back of her head before she continued on "Uhh. Heh."

"Spit it out Hun Mi." She stuck out her tongue in impatience.

"Okay. If I tell you, promise me that you wont freak out." She said seriously looking into Mi Kyong's dark brown eyes.

"Uhh~ Okayy. I promise. Now just tell me." She urged. Hun Mi rolled her eyes at her motherly-ness.

"I met Shin Dongho a few days ago at the park, and in shock I ran away leaving my phone behind. The next day he called me asking to meet with me to give me my phone back. When we met, he then asked me if I wanted to have coffee with him, and we set a date to meet the next morning, today, before school; and that's where I was..." Her voive trailed off when she saw Mi Kyong's face. It was disbelief.

"Hahahaha. Yeahh~ Right." She laguhed.

"I'm serious! Why don't you believe me?"

"Because you're obsessed with those fan fictions, and I woundn't doubt that it has taken over half of your mind by now."

"But I-" Hun Mi was interrupted by more of Mi Kyong's exagerated laughing. Hun Mi just hung her head there as she thought about Dongho. While Mi Kyong was in her own little world of hillarious laughter, Hun Mi began to think. *Was what he said really true? Did he really want to keep me safe? Did he really think about me that often? And if he did, why? How could anyone like me? I'm nothing..* Her thoughts were then interrupted by her phone recieving a text. She looked at it.

It was Dongho.

Text Message Received: Dongho

Hey. Just wondering if we could meet now.. or not. Uhm, we kind of got cut off earlier.

Hun Mi's mind ran images from this morning through her mind. She shuddered, and placed her hand on her diaphram where one of the crazed girls had kicked the life out of her. She was honestly scared.. and she just looked at the message for a few moments.

Mi Kyong's laughing came to a stop when she noticed Hun Mi looking so intently at her cell phone. She leaned over to look at Hun Mi's screen. Her eyes widened when she saw the person that had sent the text message. It said 'Dongho.'

Hun Mi still hadn't really noticed Mi Kyong's closeness and started a new message, but before she could type anything Mi Kyong grabbed her phone from her hands.

"WAEE. GIMME MY PHONE BACK." Hun Mi pleaded.

"Why does it say that you're texting 'Dongho'?" Her brow furrowed.

"I ALREADY TOLD YOU. I MET HIM. Jeez~" She rolled her eyes in frustration, and managed to snatche her phone back.

"Are you serious?? You even have his number??" She was astonished with the information that had just reached her brain.

"Yess~" Hun Mi hissed annoyingly as she texted Dongho back. With curiosity, Mi Kyong hovered over Hun Mi, making Hun Mi feel a bit uncomfortable. She read the message that she sent him.

Text Message Sent: Dongho

Uh I'm not too sure about that Dongho...

Mi Kyong looked puzzled, but waited for a response before she asked any questions.

Text Message Received: Dongho

.. I'm soo~ sorry about that Hun Mi... I really am. I didn't know that there would be crazed KissMe's at the coffee shop.. and i definately did not expect, nor enjoy the fact that they hurt you like that.. 

But being under the cherry blossoms seems to always be okay. Is it alright if I see you? Jebal~

Mi Kyong was REALLY curious now. "UAHH. Why is he talking with such sympathy towards you?? And what?! You were hurt by crazed KissMe's??" Her questions slipped out like butter.

"Oh, yeah. When we were at the coffee shop I said Dongho's name, and that brought attention to a group of girls who began screaming and freaking out. They then came over to me saying things like, 'He's our Dongho Oppa! How dare you! Who are you to deserve that kind of closeness to him?!' And then they bullied me and one girl even stomped on my stomach.." Hun Mi explained and lifted her shirt up slightly revealing a dark brown bruise across her stomach area. Mi Kyong's eyes widened and immediately became concerened for her friend's health.

"OMO. What the hell~! Did they really do that do you??"

"Uh, yeah. There's a huge bruise to prove it." Hun Mi chuckled. Mi Kyong just stuck her tongue out.

"But wait," She started "why did they say, 'Who are you to deserve that kind of closeness to him?' What were you doing..?" Mi Kyong suddenly became immensely curious with a side of seriousness.

The image of Dongho being so close to her, inches away from each other's faces, popped in her mind, and she blushed.

"You're blushing~!" Mi Kyong played excitedly. "Tell mee~" She pushed.

"Well it wasn't really aynything.. He just got really close to me after the girls had surrounded him, and brought my low head up to face his. And that was when a girl pulled me to the ground and bullied me.."

"OH MY- this is real isn't it?" Her face showed more excitement than anything.

"Yeah I guess.. But I really don't know what it means.."

"JUST TELL ME WHEN EVER YOU'RE GOING TO SEE HIM, AND TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT. OKAY." It was an order from Hun Mi's friend/umma.

"Then I better reply to him." Mi Kyong nodded strongly.

Text Message Sent: Dongho

Okay.. I'll be there in 20.

* * *

A/N:

Heyy guyss. Sorry if this chapter is kind of short.. I tend to do that .-. I don't know lol XD I guess that I'm not capable of writing a long chapter. cx

Please feel free to comment~! Jebal~ They're really appreciated ^_^ saranghae