THE LUCKY CHARM

THE GIRL FROM MARS

I have never felt this embarrassed and angry in my entire existence. Oh my gaaaahhhhhh, Sandara Park, why did you have to put your secret weapon in a parking lot and most of all why didn’t you notice that someone was inside that tinted car. Huhuhuhu what if I see that erted guy again? I know that I went overboard hurting him but it’s practically his fault for making suggestive remarks on me. I heard my phone ring and when I check who my caller is, I saw Jiyong’s name flashing on the screen. I calmed myself down and answered his call.

 

 

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Jiyong.” I controlled my voice to sound more demure. I need to act lady like in front of Jiyong now. If I want to catch his attention, I must act like a real lady.

 

 

 

“Dara, where are you? I’m already in the Coffee shop. Meet me here okay. I reserved our spot already; just ask the staff once you reach here. I have a surprise for you.” I wasn’t able to answer him back because he immediately cut the line. Hmmmm, I wonder what his surprise for me is.

 

 

 

Waaahhhhhhh, will Jiyong finally confess to me? Kyaaaaahhhhhhhhh, this is the day that I have been waiting for.  Waaahhhhhhhh, my guess is that he reserved the whole café for his proposal. Kyaaahhhhhh, somebody hold me tight please. I might faint tonight once he finally confesses his feelings to me. Waaahhhhh, Sandara Park, your prayers will finally be answered tonight.

 

 

 

I studied myself in the mirror once again and retouch my makeup. I check my chest to see if the silicone pads are still in place. Once I’m satisfied with my appearance I chanted my mantra for good luck.

 

 

 

“Dear SILICONE PADS, you are my lucky charm. You are the chosen silicone pads that are assigned to bring color to my dull love life. My beloved Silicone pads please let Jiyong’s surprise to me be a successful one. May I finally meet the love that my heart has been dying to meet for a long time. In the name of my lucky Silicone Pads, Sandara Park Kwon Fighting!!!!!!!

 

 

 

I rushed to our meeting place and when I step inside I saw few customers sipping their coffee in their own tables.  Ohhhh, so Jiyong didn’t reserve the whole place. Hmmmm, maybe he has another surprised for me. Maybe, these people are extras. Yes, maybe they will do flashmob later. They will sing my favorite song and at the end of the song Jiyong will surprise me by confessing his feelings to me in front of these people. Kyaaaaahhhhhhhh, Jiyong is not afraid to show his love for me. Waaaahhhhhhh my baby boy is very brave.

 

 

I am smiling stupidly in front of the cashier‘s counter totally oblivious to the stares of the customers next to me. My daydreaming was cut-off by a tap on my shoulders.

 

 

“Yes, I want to be your girlfriend!” I blurted out loudly which stunned the people within the shop. 

 

 

“Well, you look pretty miss but I am already taken.” The guy next to me answered loudly which cause the other customers to laugh.

 

 

 

 Waaaahhhhhhh, this is not happening to me. Why are things turning against me? Is this a sign? But no. Think of happy thoughts Sandara. Happy thoughts. Think of Jiyong. Think of Jiyong’s beautiful eyes. Think of Jiyong’s y and kissable lips. Think of his y  biceps and those firm abs and his G-bulge…….

 

 

 

G BULGE??????

 

 

 

Oppppssss! Did I just say G-bulge? Gaaahhhhh, Sandara Park, you are one erted ahjumma. Waaahhhhhh stop being a ert. I told you to think of happy thoughts and not the mighty G-bul…….Yaaahhh…………. I told you to stop thinking about it. Aigoooooo….

 

 

 

 

After redeeming myself, I confidently approached one of the Café’s staff to ask about Jiyong’s reservation. She guided me towards a VIP room. I knew it! Bwahahahahaahaha, Jiyong really reserved this VIP room for me. He will propose to me inside that VIP room. I bet there are balloons and flowers beautifully arranged inside that room. Rose petals are scattered everywhere, hearts and teddy bears and other romantic stuffs are all inside that VIP room.

 

 

 

MY heart is beating faster as we approached the room. I hold my breath and close my eyes when the staff opened the door for me. This is it! This is the start of my love story. Say goodbye to your lonely love life now Sandara and say hello and mabuhay to your happy and colorful love life.

 

 

“Maám, you may step inside now. Mr. Kwon is waiting for you.” I took a deep breath and opened my eyes. I squint my eyes to look at the room closely. Hmmmm, I think I am in the wrong room.

 

 

 

“Hmmmm, Miss are you sure we are in the correct room?” I really have a strong feeling that the staff brought me in the wrong place.  Maybe you are wondering why I came up with this conclusion? You see the room that the staff brought me is very simple. As in no balloons, no flowers, no rose petals on the floor. In short this is just a normal looking VIP room, nothing romantic about it.

 

 

“But Madam, this is the correct room that Mr. Kwon reserved.” The staff patiently explained to me.

 

 

 

“I think you need to check again. There must be a mistake.” I refuse to accept what she just told me. Duuuh, Jiyong said he will surprise me. There is nothing special in this room. Where is the surprise that Ji is telling me?

 

 

 

“Oh Dara, you finally arrive. Do you have any problem with the place?” Jiyong came towards us and that is the only time that I accepted that this is indeed the room that Jiyong reserved.

 

 

 

“Uhhmmmm, nothing Ji. I just find it hard to believe that you have to reserve a VIP room for our meeting. You know, you don’t have to do this. We can just take a seat outside you know.” I explained to Jiyong demurely while he guided me towards our seat inside the VIP room.

 

 

“Aigo Dara, Stop saying those silly words. Let me tell you something, I didn’t actually reserve this room. The owner of this place is a close friend, so he just let me used one of the VIP rooms to prevent commotion outside.  So you have nothing to worry okay.

 

 

 

“Ahhhh, is that so.” My heart felt a little disappointed with what he said but I looked at it on a brighter side. Maybe, he really wants me to be totally clueless with his confession thing tonight. Of course, if he will arrange this place romantically, his surprise will be easily exposed.

 

 

 

I notice that there is a small paper bag at the back of his seat. I discreetly look at the name of the shop printed in the paper bag and my heart started rejoicing once I read the shop’s name.

 

 

 

“Waaahhhhhhhhh, it’s a paper bag from Cartier. You hear me people….a paper bag from Cartier. Gaaahhhhhh , I know that Jiyong really loves me but I never expected that he will directly propose to me and ask me to be his wife. I am only expecting him to confess his love for me and ask me to be his girlfriend. But this, a paperbag from Cartier only means he is dead serious about me. Cartier is known for their engagement rings. Waaaahhhhhh, I never imagined that my engagement ring will be from Cartier. The brand doesn’t really matter. All that matters to me is that Jiyong loves me too and tonight he is going to ask me to marry him. I think I’m gonna faint.

 

 

“Ahmmmmm, Dara! Dara are you okay?” Jiyong called me and I was awakened from my happy thoughts.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry JI, what were you saying again?” I looked at him and give him my small but lethal smile.

 

 

 

“Something is really wrong with you tonight Dara. Are you sick or something? You’re acting so weird.” Jiyong look closer at me and I felt myself blush some more.  See that? How can I not fall in love with Jiyong when he is acting like this? He is the most caring person I have ever met. And did you all notice that he is not calling me Noona? Bwahahahaahaha, yes he is not calling me Noona because according to him, I look younger for my age. He felt awkward calling me Noona. Of course it’s awkward to call your cough GIRLFRIEND cough Noona.  It’s awkward to call your louder cough FUTURE WIFE louder cough Noona.

 

 

 

“Ani Ji, I’m okay. I’m actually feeling great tonight. It’s like something big is going to happen.” I looked at him and smiled brightly.

 

 

 

“Oh what is the surprise that you were telling me over the phone this morning?”  I didn’t wait for him to mention his surprise again. I need to be proactive if I want things to happen tonight. Jiyong is a little shy sometimes. He needs a big push and I don’t mind giving him that big push right now.

 

 

 

“Uhm, hmmmm, Dara you see.” I waited for him to finish his sentence. I smiled at him encouragingly.

 

 

 

“Okay Ji, don’t get nervous. Come on, I’m listening.” I saw him wipe the sweat that is starting to form in his forehead.

 

 

 

“Dara, I’ve been keeping this for so long. We’ve known each other for a long time now.” He stopped talking and drink the water in front of him.

 

 

 

 

EHmeehhhgeeerrrrhhhhddddd!!!!! This is really is it! He is really going to propose to me. This is it.  I bit my lips as I waited for the next words that his lips will utter.

 

 

 

 

“Dara, will you be………”

 

 

 

“I’m here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

 

 

Jiyong wasn’t able to finish what he was supposed to say because we were interrupted by that loud and deep baritone voice. Whoever the owner of the voice is, I will definitely kill him. How dare he ruin this magical moment? I didn’t turn my back to look at the intruder.

 

 

“Oh hyung you’re just in time.” I saw Jiyong stand up from his seat to greet the great nuisance. Ugh, so he is Jiyong’s hyung. I better restrain myself from tainting my clean and innocent hands for that intruder. I must behave because he is Jiyong’s hyung.

 

 

“Hyung I want you to meet my special friend. The friend that I have been talking about you before.” SPECIAL friend – did you hear what Jiyong just said to his intruder hyung. Waaahhhhhh, Jiyong is really the sweetest guy ever. He is very proud introducing me to his hyung as his take note in caps lock SPECIAL FRIEND, ehhhhmeeerrrgeeerrrhhhdddd!

 

 

I smiled sweetly and turned around. My eyes are still on the ground as I struggled to project shy and demure lady.

 

 

Sandara Park, this is Choi Seunghyun also known as TOP of Bigbang.

 

 

 

Top Hyung this is the famous SANDARA PARK, my special friend and new YG trainee.

 

 

 

I lift up my head and my eyes widen with who I saw. Dark penetrating eyes met my dark brown orbs. Gaaahhhhh, this is not happening. Please tell me I am just dreaming. The guy Jiyong introduce to me is the same guy who saw my secret weapon a while ago.

 

“Dear Silicone Pads, are you starting to lose your powers? Can I still consider you as my lucky charm or you’ve just turn into a jinx when that guy saw you? Waaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, somebody wake me up from this nightmare please.

 

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Sandara shi…it’s nice to meet you.” Top extended his hand for a handshake.

 

 

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Seunghyunshi, nice meeting you too.” I shook his hand and I swear I felt like electricity pass through my hand and directly hit my heart.” We engage in a staring battle and we didn’t notice that we’ve been holding our hands for quite some time now.

 

 

 

“Do you believe in lucky charms?” Top look at me then I saw his eyes went towards my chest. He looked at me again then gave me an annoying smirk.

 

 

 

Fruck!!!!! I change my mind. I don’t care if he is Jiyong’s hyung. TOP is number one on my most hated people in the world right now. I am definitely going to kill him by Hook or by Crook.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Authors note: They were finally introduced to each other formally. Who’s excited for the next chapter? Thank you for leaving your comments guys, please keep them coming. Your comments inspire me to think of new plots.  

 

linlin_10 ^______________^