Chapter 7

Dreams aren't Always as they Seem

When we arrived at my apartment, everyone said goodbye. Everyone, that is, except Minho. He refused to let me take my bags from him, so I had no coice but to allow him to carry the luggage up to my apartment. I unlocked the door to find that the movers had already been there. It wasn't much, just a small, cheap apartment the school provided me with for my services. Boxes were scattered everywhere, and there was still no furniture. I figured it would save on transport costs, and it would be better to buy furniture to match the new place once I could see it.

Minho sat my things down in the middle of the room before heading back to the door. I found myself wishing he didn't have a schedule today, but he had to go. At the same time, things were very awkward for me, since the earlier incident was still fresh on my mind. I didn't know what else to do, so I bowed 90 degrees. "Kamsahamnida!" I felt a little lame. It didn't seem like the right thing to do after all that had happened, but I wanted to show my appreciation, and it was the only thing I could think of.

For a moment, all was silent, and I didn't know what to do. Had I really been wrong to do that? Had I put too much of a distance between us? I almost panicked, until I heard him chuckle. I took a small breath, sighing with relief and straightened back up. Before I had any time to react, however, I suddenly found myself against Minho's chest. He had grabbed my wrist and pulled me to him, trapping my hands to his chest, my face in his neck. His arms wrapped around me in a warm embrace, the smell of his shampoo intoxicating. I was reeling. The electricity was back, this time stronger than ever, all over my body. I forgot how to breathe.

It felt like an eternity before he ket go, holding me at arms length, smiling softly. "Phone." He held out his hand.

"Neh?"

He made the motion that I took as him wanting me to hand him my phone, so I did. He dialed a number. It was his own, as it started ringing. He turned it off and handed mine back. He placed a hand on my shoulder and leaned in so his mouth was near my ear.

"Gomaweo." His breath tickled my ear. I took a deep breath and swallowed, trying desperatly to calm my racing heart, to no avail. He leaned back, smiled, and disappeared out the door, closing it behind him.

I stood there a moment before leaning against the door. I slumped to the floor as my legs finally gave out under me. He knew what he was doing to me. I was sure of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the day went by pretty uneventfully. As a matter of fact, so did the rest of the month. I finished unpacking all of my things, somewhat in a daze. School finally started and I was settling in fairly well with the students. All was well. But I had a bit of an empty feeling. I had expecting him to call or text me that day. Then a week passed. Now a month had gone by and nothing. I figured he would be busy, but I didn't understand how a person could be so busy that they would forget to pick up the phone. I suppose I should have expected as much. He was a celebrity after all. Why would he be interested in someone like me when there were so many pretty singers and actresses around him all the time. Heck, for all I knew he could've actually been gay the whole time. Maybe that was why Key had seemed so upset that time. Were they actually together? I would probably never even know. He had probably just been having a little fun, pulling something like that on some random person. I sighed.

"Seonsaengnim?" I was pulled out of my thoughts by one of my students.

"Ah, yes, Eunmi?" She asked her question and went back to her seat, allowing me to get back to my thoughts. I knew these thoughts were thoughts I shouldn't have. There was probably a good reason he had not called, but I just couldn't come up with one. Still, I felt terrible about them. 

Near the end of the day, during one of my after school study sessions, the mention of SHINee from one of my classmates caught my attention, drawing me out of my thoughts once again. I really needed to stop thinking so much while I was at work, at least until I got things caught up in my planning.

"Youngil?" I called to the one who had mentioned the group. She was one of the popular girls, always hanging out with her little clique of girls. She was definitely one of the girls I was never too fond of back in school, or even now. I was the teacher, though, so I didn't have many problems with her.

"Yes, Seosaengnim?" She turned to look at me, shoving a hand into her desk quickly. It was obvious she had been on her phone or something.

"Bring it here."

"What?" she asked innocently. If I hadn't seen the way she reacted when I called her, I would have been easily fooled. She wasn't getting away that easily. With a sigh, I got up and made my way to her, reaching into her desk and pulling out an iPad. She tried to protest and grab it back, but I pulled it way before she could get it. "You know the rules. No electronics on my time."

With a huff, she crossed her arms and threw herself back in the chair, much as a child would have if you told them no. I turned around and walked back to my desk, rolling my eyes. I sat the iPad down and picked up my pen to go back to work, but a picture of Minho caught my attention. Glancing up to see that she was still pouting, but not looking this way, I slid the device closer to get a better look. Minho was coming out of the airport, the same one we'd met at not too long ago, Key behind him with a medical mask on. He was wearing a blue shirt with white stripes and a grey star under a grey vest jacket, a cap and large sunglasses, his wide smile making my heart flutter with electricity. I couldn't read it, but looking at the date told me this picture was put up earlier today. I realized they were probably coming back from tour. I knew they had one coming up, but I hadn't realized it was so soon. I had also been so busy with work, I hadn't been able to check anything. That must be why. Pushing the iPad away, I wanted so bad to check my own phone, but I had made up my mind that I would not check my phone, since my students were not allowed. With my heart lighter than it had been in weeks, I returned to my work. 

As soon as it was time, students began packing her thigs, and Youngil came and retrieved her iPad, I whipped out my phone to see if I had any texts or missed calls. To my disappointment, there were none. My spirits fell. Gathering my things, I started home. When I made it outside, there were large storm clouds in the sky, and I prayed I would make it home before they unseashed their wrath. I wasn't so lucky. Damn my luck! I had only just stepped off the bus when I was attacked by an onslaught of water. I started running. My apartment was close to the bus stop, but it was just far enough away for me to be soaked. On top of everything, it was pouring, hard and unrelenting. 

I finally made it to my apartment building, bursting through the doors. I stopped at the stairs, plopping down to catch my breath. It was cold in the building, and before I knew it, I was shivering. I made my way up to my floor, wanting nothing more than to change out of these wet clothes and cuddle up under my cozy blankets with heat radiating from the floor, soaking into my bones.

Finally at my door and with shaking hands, I fumbled with the keys, dropping them once. As I stood back up, a hand grabbed my shoulder. With a yelp, I swung my bag aroung, only for it to be caught by the intruder. I gasped. "Minho!"

He pulled me forward into a hug. My bag fell to the floor. I was in shock. I hadn't expected to see him. He pulled back, his smile bright. I tried to smile back, but sneezed instead. My vision spotted, and before I realized what was going on, I slumped into his arms, my sight going completely dark.

 

A/N: I'm SO sorry guys! I had planned to write this chapter and upload it the same night I uploaded my last chapter, but alas, writer's block is a ㅎㅅㅎ Anyway, I can't seem to make my chapters much longer :/ I'm trying! I hope you guys enjoy this one! I'll try to get the next one up sooner than it took for this, but I can't really guarantee anything. 

Here's the pic she saw on the iPad

Gomaweo 고마워 ~ Thanks (informal)

Seonsaengnim 선생님 ~ Teacher

I would like to thank my new subscriber, Taeminbabe. THANKS! I was starting to feel sad inside because I didn't have many subscribers, but you susbscribed AND commented!! :D You made me so happy! Hope everyone is enjoying so far! PLEASE don't be silent readers! Comment! Let me know! I feel like I'm getting repetitive, sorry :/ I just really wanna know your thoughts...Help me out! :) If you're reading this and haven't subscribed, please do!

Thanks everyone! <3