Chapter 2

Dreams aren't Always as they Seem
I stood in the hallway for a moment, a little shocked. Finally, I went into my room and collapsed on my bed without even looking around.
 
I could not believe this one bit. I was in Korea. I just MET my favorite group, SHINee. I talked to them and they LIKED me. They PAID for my HOTEL ROOM. MINHO joked around with me like we'd been friends for a long time! I was living a dream already, and I had only been here a couple of hours. 
 
I stared at the ceiling, thinking of how rare an opportunity just fell in my lap. I squirmed around. I couldn't help it. The fangirl in me was surfacing again. After a few minutes to calm down again, I sat up to look around. 

Even without wanting "glorious," it still happened. I don't think this hotel had a single bad room in it. There was only one bed, a queen size. There was also a desk and a chair to lounge in with a small table and a 40-inch flat screen TV. The bed was really comfortable. Curtains covered the entire wall opposite the door, and when I opened it, I had a clear view of the mountain from before, though it was still in the distance, as well as a tower and the city lights. It was a magnificent view. The bathroom had a nice shower, with a glass door. There was even a bidet, though I doubted I would be using it. It was still kind of cool, though, as I had never actually seen one for real.

As I fell back onto my bed, I thought about checking if there was wifi, but a moment later I had curled up and fallen asleep, clothes and all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ring ding dong, ring ding dong, ringa-ding, ringa-ding, ding dong~~! Ring ding dong, ring ding---"

I startled away sitting up right as my phone rang loudly. I fumbled around on the table next to my bed for it, a moment until I realized it was coming from my coat, which had somehow made it from my body to the floor. I snatched it up as the silence continued to be disturbed. I found it and accepted the call, glancing at the clock next to the bed.

"Mmm...yeah?" I asked into the phone and fell back on the bed. It was a call from home.

"Hey, April. How're you doing?" Of course. It was my brother.

"Forrest...do you have any idea what time it is?" I yawned. I didn't try to hide my irritation. I had only gotten a little over 2 hours of sleep.

"Three," he stated matter-of-factually. Of course, he was clueless.

"It's five in the morning here!"

"Oh....SO how's your trip so far?"

I would have knocked him upside the head if he were here in front of me. He knew I had only been here for a short amount of time, which, under normal circumstances, would have not been enough time for anything to happen. I was grateful for the first time in my life for bad weather.

I sighed. I wasn't sure if he would believe me if I told him I had met SHINee or not. The heck with it. "I met SHINee."

There was a pause before he burst into laughter. I rolled my eyes. I knew that was going to happen. I sat there for a few minutes to let him quit.

"It's true." 

"Yeah, right...really?"

"Really."

"Prove it! I don't believe you."

"How the heck do you expect me to prove it at this time of the day? The sun isn't even up!"

"Send a picture to papa!"

"I didn't---"

Knock, knock. I nearly jumped out of my skin for the second time that morning. But, that was perfect timing. "Hold on," I told my brother and went to the door. "Nuguseyo?" I didn't think it would be anyone other than one of the boys, but it was really early in the morning, so I needed to be sure.

"Minho," came the answer, followed by high pitched squealing from the phone. Could he be any more of an idiot?

Covering the ear piece so I could no longer hear my brother, I opened the door. Minho was standing there in a jogging outfit and a huge smile on his face. "Annyong!" 

I smiled and giggle. It seemed he was going out for his morning exercise already. I wondered why he was doing it this early in the morning...He'd only gotten as much sleep as I had, if less.

"Early departure. Wanted to get running in first. Was going out and heard your voice. Want to come?" Gosh, his "engrish" was so cute!

"Chamkkanman," I smiled and gestured toward the room. "Come in. Sit."

He came in and sat in the chair by the window.

"Hey, I gotta go," I told my brother. He tried to protest, but I had already hung up. I went to my suitcase and opened it to find my grey sweats and a tank top. I was very conscious of Minho watching me. Too conscious, even. 

The suitcase was in the corner by the window between the curtain and the desk. I stood up with my clothes to go and change in the restroom, but I turned to fast and started forward too soon. I ran into the corner of the desk.
 
"Aah!" I cried out, grabbing my hand and dropping my clothes. The pain brought tears to my eyes. I bit my bottom trying to mentally make the pain go away. I had hit really hard, but thankfully it only barely broke skin. There would, however, be a huge, dark bruise. My hand was numb in that painful throbbing kind of way. Minho was next to me in seconds, grabbing at my hand.

He prodded gently, ensuring that nothing was broken. The close proximity made my heart beat strongly in my chest, loudly in my ear, and painfully in my hand. A whimper tore from my throat. He hesitated a moment, looking at my face to see if I was okay. As I looked up at him, I saw something that seemed impossible. I watched as his eyes moved over my face, taking in the features. Finally, they came to rest on my lips. My breath caught in my throat, and I swallowed hard, pain forgotten. Self-consciously, I chewed on my bottom lip again, and watched as pure desire gathered behind his dark eyes. Those same eyes flickered up to my own. Time stood still. My mind went blank. His face, ever so slightly, moved closer to mine. It was my turn to take in his features. I only thought I knew what he looked like. Up close, I could see the little imperfections, such as the little scar he had on his chin. But the imperfections only made him more perfect. Against my will, my eyes flickered to his lips. These lips I had only ever seen in pictures. These lips that I never imagined would be right in front of me. My head tilted back on its own, cocked ever so slightly.

This was it...I was about to kiss Minho. And he was about to kiss me. We were only inches apart, my hand still caught in his, our breath dancing between us. The heat radiating from his body seemed to be melting me. I was helpless and weak. I would have been unable to move, even if I wanted to. And here it was. Our lips mere millimeters apart. I swallowed again, my lips parting---

"Ring ding dong, ring ding dong, ringa-ding, ringa-ding, ding dong~~! Ring ding dong, ring ding---"

Startled, we both jumped back. Minho turned away, stiff and scratching his head as I snatched my phone off the desk. "Hello?"
 
 
A/N: Yeps~! That's my real ring tone! ^o^ hehe...Um.............so! Things are escalating quickly! I hope it's not too quickly...I was a little worried that it was too soon, but if the chemistry is there, it's there, right? And does this count as fluff? I'm not sure....
 
Anyway, lol, how did you like my brother? I think I nailed it right on the head for him...he would so do this to me and not even think it's wrong...He's a little troll, I swear >.> But! Gotta love him, I suppose, lol. 
 
"Nuguseyo" 누구 세요 ~ Who is it?
"Annyong" 안녕 ~ Hello (informal)
"Chamkkanman" 잠깐만 ~ Hold on a moment.
 
Please dont forget to comment, subscribe, whatever...It sounds a little like Youtube, lol. Please! Let me know what you're thinking!!!