Lunch Time Picnic

The Demon Within

“NOONA!”

“Umpf!” she stumbled forward slightly but held tightly to the books in her arms. “Taemin-ah! How many times do I have to tell you? Warn me before you do that!” Her dongseng hugged her tightly from behind.

“I DID warn you! I shouted ‘NOONA!’ before I jumped you.” The boy was being half carried like a backpack, partly dragged, and partly was walking by himself because he was taller than the girl. Said girl winced as he shouted in her ear.

“Gah.Grow up Taemin,” a dark haired boy in thick framed, stylish glasses with a tote bag slung over one shoulder shouted after the energetic boy. He reached the pair and complained, “Aren’t you supposed to be in school Taemin-ah?”

“Somebody flooded the girls bathroom and now the whole first floor is disgusting so I’m off for at least the day,” said boy excitedly announced.

“Food’s here!” announced Jinki as he walked past the trio carrying a giant take out box towards a picnic table.

The three’s eyes lit up and they all rushed after the eldest.

Jinki set the box down on the table. “I got us Japanese since Jonghyun was complaining that we ate friend chicken the last two times.” He started setting out the food in an orderly fashion. It didn’t really matter since as soon as he set something down, the container was snatched up by someone. “There’s sushi, yakisoba, tonkatsu, fried rice, friend tofu, some other stuff…How much did Jonghyun order???”

“Hey hey hey! Don’t hog the yakisoba!” Jonghyun said as he arrived on the scene and sat down next to Jinki.

“Where’s my change?” Jinki held his hand out.

Jonghyun slapped it away. “What change? Hand me the chopsticks.”

The girl laughed, but it turned into a yawn.

Kibum swallowed his mouthful of food. “Yo Princess, what’s up? How late did you stay up last night? You seem tired.”

“I slept early actually. I don’t know why I’m so tired…,” she yawned again.

“Here, eat this for energy.” Kibum fed her some tempura.

“Can I try some too!” Kibum popped a piece of food into Taemin’s mouth next.

After half an hour, they threw away their trash and sat at the table to enjoy some of the day’s sun.

“HI NOONA!!!” Taemin shouted as a girl in the distance waved back at him before continuing on her way.

“Goodness Taeminnie! Stop shouting. I swear you’re ten million times more energetic today than normal,” the girl complained but had a wide grin on her face.

“I do feel great today! Maybe it’s because there’s no school for me so I can join you guys for lunch!” He jumped up suddenly and ran over to an approaching guy. “HYUNG!”

Minho braced himself for the unusual occurrence of his young friend running to him like a little boy. “Umfph! God Taemin. Calm down.” Minho, who held the most mass out of all of them actually stumbled back a little. “You’re not 14 anymore.”

“Nope. You’re right.” Taemin smiled as he watched a small group of long legged girls walk by giggling. “Ow!”

“Stop checking out older women. At least wait until you actually matriculate into college.” Minho scolded.

“I’m a healthy growing boy,” complained Taemin as they walked towards the rest of the sitting group.