My Heart

Written in the Stars

 

Emily stood still pondering over the stars that had all her life chapters written on it. She felt a gust of wind blew past her and she knew that she wasn’t alone. “Yes? Have my privacy been invaded again?” She asked, rather casually to no one in particular. “Show yourself…”

 

Kevin was reluctant at first but he gave in to her sweet voice that kept ringing in his ears asking him to show himself. “Ermm…” Kevin turned himself visible as he stepped closer towards her. “미인해요…Sorry…” He murmured as he stared down at his shiny polished shoes. ‘Guilty’ was written all over his face and he felt embarrassed that he was caught red handed again for staring at her.

 

Looking at Kevin’s pretty face blushing red, Emily just could not resist the temptation of taking a closer look at him. She bends down low enough until their gaze met, then made a funny expression to lighten up the awkward atmosphere before she burst into giggles. “Oh Kev! With a face like that, even the clouds would cry for you! And I don’t want to ruin such a lovely night like tonight! So, smile!”

 

Emile took a step back and slip, she fell onto Kevin pushing him flat on the ground. Kevin’s heart was beating profusely when their bodies got entangled during the fall. He reached out to touch his chest, ‘what is this that I’m feeling?’ He stared blankly towards the sky, deep in thoughts. “Kevin?? Kevin??” He could hear Emily’s voice ringing in his ears but his whole body freezes up. Emily’s soft, warm hands touch his cheeks shaking him to reality. “Huh? What happened?” Kevin asked.

 

“I slipped because of this!” Emily pointed to the bottle of potion as she struggle to get up but failed.   

 

“Oh, that…” Kevin reaches out to grab the bottle. “That’s mine… sorry…” Kevin help her up and their eyes met, her sorrowful eyes reflect her worldly worries. He knew he could not do it, not tonight. He clutches the bottle of potion as he move a step away from her. “You know, I think I heard DongHo calling me…” Kevin turn away from her, trying to avoid Emily’s questioning gaze. “It’s time for the Angels meeting. I have to go.” With that, like a gust of wind, Kevin disappeared from her vision.

 

As Kevin entered the Angels quarters, he saw Eli posing in front of the mirror admiring his bare body. He shook his head in dismay, “Eli, you’re not an angel baby anymore, put on some clothes!” Kevin demanded as he threw a white robe toward Eli’s direction and it landed on his head, covering his whole body.

 

After a struggle, Eli manages to free himself from the robe imprisonment. “Hey, hey!” Eli smiles looking down at his bare body he continues “This,” He motion, “Is a work of art!” Turning back to the mirror and give another macho pose he continued, “What do you know?! I’m the Angel, DE ANGEL!” Eli announced proudly before heading to the pool area for a dip.

AJ was watching Kevin and Eli and was chuckling to himself the whole time. Eli has always been his entertainment. “Yo Kev, is your mission done yet? It’s been over a month! Get it over and done with will ya, DongHo wants you to take some case off my back.” AJ rolled over the fluffy beds of clouds and flew over to sit beside Kevin. AJ snatch the bottle from Kevin’s hands, “What… it’s still full?!” He shook the bottle in disbelieve. Kevin is known to be prompt with his tasks and reports it to DongHo, head of Angels within the shortest time possible. Yet, he have been avoiding contact with DongHo for the past month and have been absent for Angels meetings.

 

 “I’ll find the time to do it. I’ve been busy.” Kevin replied as he grabbed the bottle back from AJ.

 

“Whatever you say Kevin but let me warn ya, DongHo have been very suspicious about your behavior lately.” AJ flew towards to his bed.

 

“Suspicious? What about? I didn’t break any heavenly rules have I?”

 

“Well… he’s suspecting the reason you’ve yet turned her into one of us could be because… you like her? Angels are not allowed to fall in love and liking her is a path to breaking one of the heavenly rules.” AJ reminded Kevin.