Unexpected

Written in the Stars

 

She looks different tonight like as if she’s been transformed into someone else. She was aware of someone’s presence in the room but she’s not ready to welcome it. Not yet… looking up to the midnight skies; she waited for a sign. It’s nearly time to leave everything behind. Anderic was quietly observing her from the other end of the room. He doesn’t wish to interrupt her thoughts. Not yet…  He misses her dearly but the atmosphere seems unwelcoming: something is not right. Her curly raven hair that was always let loose, dangling down and falling into place had been covered by a satin white scarf: hiding every strand of hair away from his gaze. Her face look fairer then he remembered: as if light were being shone on her.  She was wearing a white tunic dress: looking femininely stunning like an angelic princess.


Stay with me
Don't fall asleep too soon
The angels can wait for a moment

 

Anderic slowly made his way closer, “Hey you…” He said almost to a whisper.

 

He was greeted by a smile from her: the smile that never fails to remind him how dearly she meant to him. Anderic held her hands in his: finally, after so long. She had been yearning for his touch for so long: too long that it doesn’t feel anything anymore. She knew nothing’s going to change her decision on the path she chose. She was prepared for her next journey without him. As he reaches out to caress her cheeks, she turned away almost immediately to avoid his touch.

 

“I miss you princess… I… I want you back.” He looks deep into her eyes waiting for an answer.

 

Her eyes sparkle, as she gently slipped her hand away from his. She quietly caresses his cheeks. As her eyes met with his, her answer was obvious and unexpected. His eyes widened, so many questions rummaging through his thoughts waiting for answers. She smiles up to him, before turning to walk away. Anderic grabbed her arms, stopping her from making the next step as he pulled her close.

 

“Stay with me… don’t leave…” He held her tightly around his arms.

 

 

Come real close
Forget the world outside

 

Her calm face smile up at him as she wiped a tear away from his eyes. Her gaze went towards the door: There was a bright light, so bright that it could blind anyone’s eyes. Coming out from the light, stood a charming young man dressed in white, ready to lead her into the path she chooses. She smiles so radiantly looking at the young man as she let herself loose from Anderic’s grip.

 

“It’s time… I have to leave.” Finally, she spoke.

 

Tonight we're alone
It's finally you and I
It wasn't meant to feel like this
Not without you

 

The man held up his hands welcoming hers. Just before she walked one step towards him Anderic held her hand. “Isn’t this what you’ve always wanted? I’m finally here… with you… don’t go…” He pleaded.

 

Don't be afraid
I'll be right by your side
Through the laughter and pain
Together we're bound to fly

 

The young man waited patiently for her to say her last goodbyes. She smile up at him for the last time as she places her hands into the man’s hands, walking into the light and vanished into thin air.

 

“Emily, no!!!” Anderic fell to his knees.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“No… no… EMILY NO!!!” Anderic shot up and frantically look around the room and found Emily lying down at the exact same place she had been for the past few months.
 

He held her delicate hand in his, “Please Emily, don’t leave me…” He said in a whisper as a teardrop roll down his cheeks, as he looks up, his eyes widen in horror. He quickly reached out and pressed the bell for emergency repetitively and he shook Emily’s lifeless body. “EMILY PLEASE! NO!!!”