Chapter 20

Should I Take A Chance?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 20

 

 

Haneul’s POV

 

 

“Yah, Cho Kyuhyun, wake up!” Haneul was trying hard to balance herself and Kyuhyun.  She knew she didn’t lack in strength but he was just way too heavy for her, plus she hasn’t recovered all her energy yet form her training that morning. His skin was so hot and she reckons he’s having a fever. Somehow she managed to sling his arm over her shoulders but then since he was taller, his feet were dragging on the floor.

 

 

“Tch. This is no good.” She half-dragged him towards a wall to make him sit ad lean his back there. “Kyunnie, wake up. I need your cooperation. I can’t bring you to the infirmary if I’m just going to drag you.” Should she slap him awake? She squatted in front of him.

 

 

But wait. It seems that he wasn’t moving anymore. She got alarmed and started shaking him. “Kyunnie! Are you dead already?! Don’t give up on life like this!”

 

 

His forehead slowly knotted but his eyes were still closed. “Are you.. seriously.. retarded?” He mumbled. “My throat’s.. too dry..”

 

 

“Omo. You’re alive!”

 

 

He muttered something but all that she could make out was ‘Loud’ and ‘Annoying’.

 

 

“We have to get to the infirmary. You don’t look so good. I’ll help you get there.”

 

 

“..don’t need to..”

 

 

“Don’t be so stubborn! Aissh! Wait here, alright? I’ll call someone.”

 

 

She was about to stand up when Kyuhyun grabbed her hand. His grip was firm thought he looked really sick. She looked at his face and he opened his eyes a bit. “Don’t go.”

 

 

“But Kyunnie, you might get worse. I’m really worried about you.” To be honest, she feels like crying now. It’s the first time in the whole 18 years they were together that she saw Kyuhyun getting sick like this.

 

 

His lips slowly formed a smile and her heart raced, not only because she was panicking over him. “H-how can you still smile like that?!”

 

 

“Just.. stay.”

 

 

“Kyunnie..”

 

 

“Please..”

 

 

Okay. The almighty Cho Kyuhyun just said please so she can’t fight with him now. And she also doesn’t want to leave him alone there. Haneul sat next to him and took out her handkerchief to wipe his sweat. He was still burning with fever.

 

 

“If we can’t get you treated now, you’ll be seriously ill. I don’t even know if it’s just a fever or a disease or an epidemic.” Maybe she was overreacting. Nevermind. “I don’t know what to do, Kyunnie. I’m not a nurse or a doctor or anything.”

 

 

“You being here..” Kyuhyun started to say. It seemed like he was trying hard to speak. “.. is more than enough, Haneul.”

 

 

“Huh?”

 

 

He rested his head on her shoulder. “Let me.. sleep.”

 

 

She panicked again. “What do you mean? Are you seeing the light now, Kyunnie?! Don’t come with them!”

 

 

“I’m not dying, stupid.”

 

 

She let out a little laugh. Yeah, there was no way he was dying. He can still say menacing remarks about her. She let him sleep. Maybe if he wakes up later, he can manage to walk already and she can get him treated. It was almost evening outside. In about 30 minutes, maybe she’ll wake him up, though that might not be enough.

 

 

Having him so close to her makes her heart go crazy again but she was slowly getting used to it now. Yes, since she started accepting bit by bit that she was falling in-love with him again, things became a little easy.

 

 

She didn’t know how but she drifted off to sleep, too, after some time. The fatigue that she felt since the first day of training was slowly creeping up in her system so maybe that’s why she gave in. I’ll wake up in 30 minutes.. or maybe an hour.. yes.. an hour..

 

 

When Haneul opened her eyes, she knew she didn’t just sleep in an hour. It was already too dark that she couldn’t even recognize anything on her surroundings and one thing more was that, it was raining hard outside.

 

 

“Oh no.” How could they get back like this? There was no way she can drag Kyuhyun out into the rain. She might really just kill him. And what time was it already? She had an idea that it was past dinner time because she was starving now.

 

 

She started waking Kyuhyun up. “Kyunnie.. Kyunnie.. do you feel a little better now? Can you manage to stand up?”

 

 

Kyuhyun stirred and she heard him groan. He slowly raised his head and tried to focus her vision on her. "Haneul?"

 

 

"Kyunnie."

 

 

"You're still here."

 

 

"It's not like I can just leave you, you know. But Kyunnie, how can we get back to our cabin? It's raining. Are you feeling alright now?" She reached out to his face in the dark and tried to feel his temperature. He was still hot, but not as it was a few hours ago.

 

 

"I'm still feeling dizzy." He said quietly.

 

 

She sighed. "What am I going to do with you, Kyunnie? It's getting cold and that's not good for you."

 

 

"Hug me."

 

 

Her cheeks flushed. She was thankful it was dark or he might laugh at how red her face probably was. "B-bwo?! That's too.. I mean.." She's getting flustered.

 

 

"We're the only ones in here, anyway."

 

 

She swallowed. That was true but.. she feels shy just thinking about it.

 

 

"There's also a room in there." He added.

 

 

"Really? Where?"

 

 

"There's a corridor on your left and then there's a door."

 

 

Haneul stood up. "Okay. Let's settle you then. I'll help you --" But she stopped at a thought and noticed her surroundings. They were alone at the cabin. Just the two of them. The rain. A cold night. In a room.

 

 

She scurried as far away as possible and stopped by the piano. Okay, she was getting nervous.

 

 

"What's wrong?" She heard him ask and she could sense that he was frowning.

 

 

"Umm.. I'm.." Calm down, Haneul. Kyuhyun's sick. It's not like he can do anything to you. But then, what if I'll be the one who will do something to him?!

 

 

She shook her head furiously. She was overthinking stuff. She had been to Kyuhyun's room a lot of times and they were pretty much alone often.

 

 

Haneul went back to him cautiously. "Can you stand up, Kyunnie?"

 

 

"I'm not limp."

 

 

"Uhh, well, you might collapse again, you know. So, could you just crawl to the room or something and I'll just.. stay here outside?" There goes her crappy excuses again. Seriously, what kind of brain does she have?!

 

 

"You're worried that something might happen." He said, matter-of-factly.

 

 

She laughed nervously. "W-what are you talking about?" She fanned her hand at her face. It suddenly got warmer in the room. Yeah, she was being ridiculous.

 

 

"I'll help you stand up." She said.

 

 

"I think I can walk."

 

 

"We can't afford for you to collapse again."

 

 

Haneul helped him stand up and supported his weight. "You need to lose some weight, Kyunnie."

 

 

"You need to gain some."

 

 

"Whatever. Is there electricity in here?" She was having a hard time trying to find their way in the dark.

 

 

"No, I don't think so."

 

 

When they reached the door, he leaned his back against the wall while she tried to open it. They got inside and there was a dim light coming from the window. She guided him towards the bed and he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter