Chapter 21

On Rainy Days

 

I heard him chuckle. "Ah, forget I ever asked you that question, alright?" He got up from the swings and pulled me up along with him. "We better get going before our managers get angry at us."

I looked at him and nodded without saying a word to him. He turned around and squatted.

"Bwoh?" I asked him with some emotions.

"Hop on. I'll run, you relax." He turned his head and looked at me. He twitched his head forward as way of telling to get on his back.

I leaned on his back and placed my arms on his shoulders. He stood up quickly and grabbed my legs. "Yah!" I screamed out fright.

I heard him laugh and he began to run. "Wow.. This feels so relaxing. I wish everyday could be like today." I tilted my head back and looked at the clouds. The sky was blue and the sun was shining as bright as ever.

“Isn’t this fun?” he asked me while running.

“Dae.” I continued to look towards the sky. Within a few minutes, he stopped moving. I looked back at the streets and saw T-ara’s van.

“We’re here.” He bent down and I stepped back on the ground.

“Thank you.” I was about to walk away when I felt him hold my hand.

“Don’t let my question trouble you, arraso?” He let go of my hand and walked away. He turned around and waved to me.

I walked up to the van and saw the members inside. I opened the door and walked into the van. “Ah... annyeong.” I quickly took a seat and slumped down looking out the window. I felt someone place their hand on me. I looked back, and saw Hyomin smiling at me.

“What’s wrong?” She asked me.

“I’ll tell you later.” I looked back out the window and began to think. "What did he mean? Is he going to leave me again? Ani! That can't be it. He said only for a year or so... But he never said he'd come back. Aish... this boy really knows how to confuse people." I continued to look outside. Suddenly, I felt my phone vibrate. I quickly pulled my phone out and looked at who texted me.

“Junhyung texted me? What for?” I opened the message and read it.

“Yah! Didn’t I say to not stress over it? It’s nothing okay?” I practically heard his voice while reading the text.

I clicked the reply button. “How do you expect me not to worry? I’m terrified of what you might mean...” I was about to click send, but I deleted everything. “Arraso.” I retyped and sent the message.

After an hour, we finally arrived at the dorm. I got off the chair in a sluggish fashion and walked slowly out the van. I laid my head on Hyomin while walking up the stairs.

“Hyomin... what should I do?” I asked her in a whisper.

“What’s wrong?” she asked while patting my head.

I looked up at her and began to speak. After the explanation was finished, she looked at me with a puzzled look.

“From what he said, could it mean he’s going away?” She began to think harder. “Oh! Kikwang said B2ST would leave to Japan soon.”

My eyes were wide open now. “JAPAN?” I sighed. “Thank goodness. I thought that he was going to dump me.” I smiled.

Inside, I had a mixture of feelings. I was relieved, yet I was still hurt inside. “He’s going to leave for Japan... what will I do then?” I laid down on my bed and began to look at my phone.

I saw Junhyung’s picture when I clicked unlock. A smile appeared on my face, followed by a frown. I opened my messages and began to write a message to Junhyung.

“Congratulations on going to Japan! What song are you going to perform there?” I wrote to him and clicked send.

Within a few minutes I got his response. “Bwoh? How do you know? Who told you?” When I was about to reply, I got another text message from him. “Where are you? I’ll come there.”

I clicked reply and began to type. “I’m at my dorm, but this isn’t really necessary.” I sent the message and lay back down on my bed. The truth was, I didn’t know how to react anymore. Was I supposed to be happy? Or was I supposed to be sad?

Within a few minutes, there was a knocking on the door, followed by Soyeon calling for me. “Jiyeon! Junhyung is here.” I heard his footsteps louder and louder as he got closer towards my door. Soon enough, there was a knock.

“Jiyeon. Open the door. It’s me.” His voice was deeper than usual.

I got up from the bed and slowly walked up to the door. I took a deep breath and smiled. I opened the door. “Oppa! You got here fast.” I laughed and turned around quickly. A frown formed, but I tried to hide it quickly, in case he saw.

He held my arm. “Do you want to go to a party Cube is holding as my date? It’s the day right before I leave.” His voice was low.

I took a deep breath. “Okay.” I turned around with a smile on my face. “What day?”

“It’s in a week,” he said while looking towards the ground.