Chapter 20

On Rainy Days
When I reached the destination, I bent over, placing my hands on my knees. I was panting. I felt Junhyung's hand on my back after a few seconds.

"Yah! Don't run so much next time." I heard him trying to catch his breath while talking.

"Arraso. " I straightened my back and began to walk. "Wah! I miss this place so much." I spread my arms apart and spun in a circle.

Junhyung slowly walked up towards me. "Where is this?" His face was drawing a blank. “We haven’t been here before, right?”

"This is my childhood park!" I smiled at the memories I had in this park rushing back into my head.

I heard Junhyung chuckle. "You sure have a thing for parks, don't you?" He walked up and gave me a back hug. He swayed me gently from one side to the other.

I looked towards a tree and smiled. When I looked back to the gates, I saw a mysterious figure. It looked like a male’s body. I started to walk towards the figure.

"Where are you going, Jiyeon?" He released the grip from his hands.

I continued to walk towards the person. Their head turned and faced me. My jaws dropped and I ran towards them. At the same time, they ran towards me.

"Yah! Jiyeon!" I heard Junhyung yell. He started to sprint towards me, but I continued to run.

When I was face to face with the mysterious man, I yelled out, "Oppa!" I pulled him into a hug.

"Jiyeon-ah! I missed you. How are you doing?" He asked me while still hugging me.

Right when I was about to answer, I felt Junhyung's hand pull me apart from him. "Yah! Who are you?" He turned around and looked at me. "Gwaenchana?" He turned back towards the guy and raised his fist.

My eyes widened! I pulled his arm back before it made contact to the other person's face. "Yah, Yong Jae Soon!" I pulled his arm back and pushed it down.

He turned around and saw me glare at him with a pout. "Bwoh? What's wrong? Who is this man?" He asked me.

I glared at him and opened my mouth. "It's my brother!" I ran up to my brother and caressed his face. "Are you hurt oppa?" I turned and glared at Junhyung again.

"Ani." My brother smiled at me. "Don't be mad at him. He was trying to protect you, since I'm still a stranger to him." He placed his arm towards Junhyung. "Annyeonghaseo, I'm Park Jiyeon's older brother." He bowed.

I looked at my brother. "Oppa that isn't necessary." I began to pull his shoulder upward. "Jjinja.." I was cut off.

"Annyeonghaseo. I'm Park Jiyeon's boyfriend, Yong Junhyung." He placed a hand out towards my brother.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you.” They both said at the same time. They began to talk to each other.

I just stood there. Although it should’ve been awkward for the two of them, I was the one that felt awkward. They spoke in such a casual manner. People would've probably thought they were brothers from a glance.

I often looked at Junhyung and my brother. "Aish, they get along well. If only they didn't forget I was still here and gave me some attention.." When I finally gave up, I walked towards the swing and sat for minutes, just swinging. Back and forth..

I looked towards the ground staring at my shoes. Then, I saw a foot in my view when the swing began to come back down. I looked up and saw Hyomin.

"Yah! Jiyeon." She was about to stop the swings, but I jumped off the seat and ran.

I looked ahead and saw the tree. "Bingo!" I ran in back of the tree and hid there. I heard Hyomin yell out my name. When I peeked from behind the tree, I saw Hyomin looking around for me.

"Boo!" I heard someone whisper in my ear behind me.

I was about to scream, but their hand covered my mouth. I looked up and saw Junhyung. I pulled his hand off my mouth. "Did my brother leave?" I asked him while still looking around for Hyomin.

"He left before Hyomin even arrived." I heard his voice trail off.

I looked in back of me to see where he was going when I saw Hyomin's face. I screamed in terror. "Unnie!" I began to slap her arms in a jokingly manner.

I heard Hyomin let out a sigh. "Never, and I mean never, do that again! Arraso?"

I looked at Hyomin and smiled, "Arraso unnie." I turned around and saw Junhyung sitting at the swings thinking to himself. He didn't look happy though. He looked a little worried and sad. I thought to myself, "What's troubling him?"

I walked from behind the tree and walked up to him. I sat on the swing next to his. I laid my head on the chains and stared at him. "Oppa, gwenchanayo?"

It looked as if I took him by surprise. He slowly looked up to me and showed me a smile. I could tell it was fake though. His eyes were still worried.

"I'm fine." He said in a low voice. His head leaned on the chains and he took one of my hands.

"Jiyeon, would you be able to survive if I left for a year or so?"