A Date Night From Hell

His Vow vs. His Loyalty
Please log in to read the full chapter

Mike sat across from Yun Hee at a small sushi restaurant. "I remembered that you love sushi. Gosh it's been so long! I'm really excited that you're here." She said to him.

"Yeah me too. So how long have you been here?"

"Oh about 2 years."

"Wow you're already the head of security??"

"Hey you can't hate on that. I kicked your in training didn't I?"

"Pfft. Because you're a girl and I didn't want to see you cry if I did kick your ."

"PLEASE!" Yun Hee exclaimed laughing at Mike.

It's been so long since training school, almost 4 years actually. Yun Hee was top of the class and Mike was a the young kid who came out of no where and almost took her spot from her. They became good friends after their first sparring session together when Mike kicked her . So far they are still tied 2 and 2 on their bouts. When Mike left the school to work with Kon's family, they promised that their next bout would make the victor the ultimate fighter. Yun Hee always saw Mike as something more than a friend but she never acted on it, mainly because she knew Mike never her saw her as anything else but a sparring partner. She loved the fact that he wasn't scared of her and didn't hold back, unlike the other guys who only saw her as a pretty girl with some kick skills.

"So are you dating anyone?" Yun Hee asked Mike.

He looked up from his bowl of miso soup, "I..." He hesitated, was he dating Niddie? He wasn't sure himself, "I'm kind of talking to someone."

"Really?" Yun Hee tried to sound excited, but deep down she felt the disappointment through and through. "Who is she? How'd you meet?! What is she like? I want to know all about her. Details Mike!!"

"It's kind of complicated..."

"C'MON!! DON'T BE SUCH A PANSY!!" Yun Hee egged him on, she desperately wanted to know what kind of girl stole his heart. If it wasn't someone like Yun Hee, a girl who was tough, who can prove others wrong, and make it to the big time [in the bodyguard world], then who can?

Mike sighed and sat back against his chair, "I haven't known her for long. The first time I met her, she was actually getting married. Things happened and their marriage ended when he died...on his wedding day. It wasn't until a few weeks ago that I saw her again and she really got on my nerves. She actually tried to help me get a date with this other girl...but that went to . Afterwards we got closer and things are still complicated. She's quiet. She's annoying and butts into things. She feels bad when she does something and others are penalized for it. She tries to make things all better. She is family oriented and has a big heart."

"So you like a sissy?"

Mike looked at her, "Yeah...I guess so." He shrugged.

"Mike, why would you like a girl like that? You need someone who's tough, who can make it on her own and not rely on others."

"Someone like you?" Mike asked and cocking and eyebrow.

Yun Hee was thrown off for a second by his comment, "Yeah well you'd have a great sparring partner."

Mike smiled, "Sounds fun but you haven't met her yet. She's tough in her own ways...to still be alive after the love of your life died in your arms...on your wedding day...And with all the things she's going through right now. She can still come up to me with a big smile on her face and make me laugh. Maybe thats all that I need..."

Yun Hee wasn't impressed by Mike's so called 'girlfriend'. She didn't seem spectacular and she really seemed like a loser. Yun Hee vowed to herself to meet this other girl and make her disappear...if she has too. Mike only needed Yun Hee and she was the best that he will ever need. She hates the fact that Mike easily smiled for another girl. It used to be only Yun Hee that could make him smile that easy going smile. It used to be only Yun Hee in his life...now she had to compete with a nobody? That was not going to happen, and she will definitely make sure of it.

-------
The trio made it to the park and the first thing they did...was go to the ice rink. "So much for my ice cream..." Niddie said to herself. Niddie watched as Kon helped Kulap lace up her skates first. "Geez. You know I'm starting to become the jealous third wheel. This isn't fun anymore." Kon helped Kulap up and lead her to the gate of the ice rink. He left her and quickly came over to Niddie, who was slowly lacing up her own skates.

"Do you need help?" Kon asked.

"Not really, you better get back to Kulap she might just die if you're away from her any longer." Niddie said smiling up at Kon. He looked at her expressionless and went back to Kulap and they headed off onto the ice.

Niddie rolled her eyes and finished tying off her skates. She stood up and shuffled over to the gate. In the midst of it all she forgot that she didn't know how to skate either.

"Crap. I'm seriously going to look like a loser..." She sighed, "Mike...I wish you were here." She looked onto the ice and watched as Kon skated circles around Kulap, they laughed and smiled with each other. They really did make a perfect couple. "I don't understa

Please log in to read the full chapter