Persuasion Mishaps

Unforgotten: Tale of Memory and Decision
 
Sanity is one thing I’m pretty sure this school doesn’t have. Trust me on that one. When we have a substitute, the class has a mini-party… and the sub never seems to care.
 
I personally don’t mind, it gives me time to get caught up on work I missed or I could just draw. Today I did the latter of the two.
 
I was casually drawing a random scene when I heard someone walk up behind me. They’re probably looking over my shoulder at my drawing.
 
“When did you learn how to draw like that?” I recognized the voice to be Ricky’s.
 
“I learned how to draw when I was 13” I answered.
 
“So you’ve been drawing for about three years?” Ricky asked again.
 
“You’re just full of questions, aren’t you?” I chuckled as I finished the shading on the drawing.
 
“Is there any shame in trying to get to know you?” Ricky smiled.
 
He does have a point, but nobody’s really tried… not that I know of. I nodded in recognition of his question and turned to a new page in my sketchbook.
 
Suddenly, there was a guy that started talking to Ricky. I wanted to tune out their conversation, but I didn’t. “You going to Infinite’s Extravaganza Friday night?” I’m pretty sure it was Niel who asked that. I’m still unfamiliar with their faces.
 
“Are we just showing up or are we crashing the party?” Ricky chuckled in response.
 
“Either or. I want to go because they’ve got… get this… a chocolate fountain” Niel dramatically said.
 
“No way!!” Ricky dramatically replied.
 
Dorks.  I thought as I shook my head and smiled. “Are you going to go?” Niel turned to ask me.
 
To explain so nobody would get confused: Every month or so the guys of Infinite throw a party. They’ve dubbed it an ‘Extravaganza’ mostly because you get to dress up in fancy dresses and tuxes.
 
I shrugged, “It’s not really my cup of tea–” before I could finish…
 
“We’ll get you a dress if that’s the case” Niel was practically bouncing off the walls at this point.
 
I turned to Ricky and he must have read my mind. “Yes, he’s always like this”
 
“Okay…” I replied to him before turning back to Niel, “I can easily get a dress on my own, but I really don’t want to go”
 
“Aww come on! Don’t be so anti-social!” Niel poked my arm, “You could be the talk of the school if you were to go, looking all dolled up”
 
“No” I sternly told him.
 
“Stubborn type, eh?” Niel smirked.
 
“You have four days to convince her…” Ricky chuckled.
 
Idea! I’ll just sit back and see how much he’s going to convince me. I’ll go, but he has to earn it. Aren’t I evil? I glanced at Ricky and he just smiled at me.
 
Maybe I’ll ask Infinite if I should go… or with my luck, they’re going to go all out persuading me. It is their shindig after all.
 
 
~*~*~ ~*~*~ ~*~*~ ~*~*~ ~*~*~
 
 
“You’re going”
 
Haha, I love it when I’m right on the money. “I already told Niel I wasn’t going”
 
Woohyun pouted, rather tried his best to pout, “But you have to! You’re our new friend!!”
 
“I’m not going” I sternly said to him.
 
“It doesn’t really matter to me whether you go or not” Myungsoo coolly said like I knew he would.
 
“But I think you should go” Sungyeol smiled, “It could be good for someone as anti-social as you”
 
Is that going to be the running theme with these people? “I agree with Sungyeol, this will be good for you” Dongwoo smiled.
 
I just stared at them as they came up with various reasons. “You don’t have to go if you don’t want to” Sungjong spoke up, “You have all week to decide”
 
I respect he wants to give me time, but I’m more concerned about the others bombarding me with their persuasions. I nodded towards Sungjong but suddenly Woohyun obstructed my vision.
 
“You are going!” he smiled.
 
“No” I kicked him in the shin for scaring the crap out of me.
 
The other guys started laughing as Woohyun doubled over in pain. “I’ve honestly never seen anyone reject Woohyun so many times” Dongwoo said through his chortles.
 
I laughed along a little as I walked away from them. As I walked away, I could hear a low whispering sound of a variety of female voices. They’re probably just jealous or envious fangirls. I don’t really care at all… but other people tend to make a big deal out of it.
 
Case in point: Hyorin.
 
“Well, well, well, buttering up Teen Top and Infinite, are we?” Hyorin asked in an evil voice.
 
I rolled my eyes, “If all else, they’re the ones buttering me up”
 
“Stop being so proud of yourself” Hyorin scoffed.
 
Does she not understand sarcasm? “I’m not the type to be boasting about anything. I would think you’d be the one to brag about talking to Teen Top or Infinite”
 
“I hope I don’t see you at that party” Hyorin stuck her nose in the air and strutted away.
 
“It’s technically an ‘extravaganza’ but okay” I shrugged as I walked to my next class.
 
There’s always two things that seems to happen to me: I’m always completely invisible, or I’m the center of attention in the worst way possible.
 
Isn’t life grand?
 
 
~*~*~ ~*~*~ ~*~*~ ~*~*~ ~*~*~
 
 
“Sammy-yah, I’m home!” I shouted as I entered the front door of the house.
 
“Samuel isn’t home” Hyemin sourly replied.
 
I really wish he would just break up with her. “Why are you here then?” I asked as I took off my shoes.
 
“I wanted to wait for him, but I got you instead” Hyemin bitterly said.
 
“I’m sorry I’m not as good as my brother when it comes to pleasing you” I sarcastically joked.
 
The look on her face was priceless. “You are a little ” she fired at me.
 
“Takes one to know one” I simply replied as I trekked upstairs to my room.
 
Moments later, I heard the front door open. It’s probably Sammy. “Hyemin, what are you doing here?” I overheard him ask.
 
“I waited for you, silly” Hyemin’s venomous voice rang throughout the house.
 
“What did I say about entering the house without me knowing? Especially since nobody’s home” Sammy sighed.
 
I’m right outside the door to my room as I decided to eavesdrop on them. Hyemin wouldn’t appreciate it, but I know Sammy will.
 
“What’s wrong with wanting to see you?” I could tell Hyemin was smiling.
 
Sammy sighed, “Listen, Hyemin, there’s something I need to tell you–”
 
“There’s no need, silly, you know we’re perfect for each other” Hyemin’s fake, squeaky voice echoed in the house.
 
“Can you please leave? I need to talk to my sister” Sammy asked.
 
“Oh… okay, I’ll be back for dinner” Hyemin probably skipped away out of the house after she said that.
 
I quickly entered my room and waited for Sammy to possibly barge in. Right after I jumped on my bed, Sammy walked in the door. “Hey, Sammy-yah” I smiled as if I didn’t hear anything downstairs.
 
He smiled back at me, “Hey, Tessa-yah”
 
“You don’t sound too good. Is everything okay?” I observed. His tone of voice didn’t sound all too well.
 
“There’s just a lot on my mind” he sighed as he sat on the bed next to me.
 
“Would you like my honest opinion?” I asked, knowing what he was going to talk about.
 
“Go for it” he said.
 
“Hyemin’s a to me and practically wants me dead” I bluntly told him. It is true.
 
The story: Sammy and Hyemin started dating three years ago. At first, Hyemin was okay but once we were alone in the same room… things went haywire. Right when he left the room, Hyemin spilled out her hatred towards me.
 
She never acts like that with him in the same room; only when she’s with me only. Therefore, Sammy has never seen the devil side of her… he only knows what I’ve told him.
 
“I already know your opinion of her… I’ve been trying to call it off, but she keeps interrupting me or doing something that’s preventing me from doing so” Sammy sighed in frustration.
 
“You’ll find a way somehow” I encouraged him.
 
He smiled at me and went on to change the subject. “So I hear Infinite’s having their extravaganza this Friday”
 
Here we go. “I don’t suppose you’re going to make me go?”
 
“But I already picked out a good dress for you” Sammy pouted.
 
Dammit, I hate it when he pouts. “I already have two people on my for making me go to the party, I don’t need a third”
 
“Please~” Sammy started begging.
 
“Why do you want me to go?” I asked.
 
“You need to be more social!” he instantly replied.
 
Why is me being not social a big deal? I just pouted in reply. “Why are you making a big deal out of this?”
 
“I don’t want my baby sister to stay locked up in her room for the rest of her life. I want her to be adventurous. I want her to go out and meet some awesome guy and fall in love. I want her to–”
 
“I get it, I get it” I interrupted him before he could ramble on.
 
“You have to admit, I have a point” Sammy smirked.
 
“Sure, let’s go with that” I casually brushed off. “I have four days to decided… and my answer will probably remain the same”
 
Sammy shrugged, “You never know… something could happen to you and force you to go”
 
He got up and closed the door. Uh oh… I have a bad feeling about the way he said that.
 

 

I believe Tessa's the only one with a bad feeling.
 
What could possibly happen at this "Extravaganza"? Everyone says this will be good for Tessa... we don't know for sure yet.
 
Off topic: Any fans of Exo out there? If so, answer the questions of the day: Which version of Wolf do you like better and Why? Who looked the best? What was your favoirte part?
 
Back to the story: What could possibly happen to Tessa that could change her mind? Maybe she won't change her mind... but something else could happen?
 
Find out next time!!
 
Currently listening to: Wolf (Chinese Ver.) - Exo