You need a ring to propose to him

You need a ring to propose to him
 
"Your turn, Luhannie-hyung," Sehun announces, smiling mischievously and hiding the leopard-print underwear into his bag.
 
Luhan frowns, because he doesn't want to. Sehun surely is going to make him do something ridiculous and stupid and embarrassing after the task they'd given the youngest boy, especially as it was Luhan's idea in the first place.
 
He looks at the others, kind of hoping for at least a little bit of sympathy, even though he should know better.
 
Joonmyun is looking around the cafeteria and pretending he knows and sees nothing, as he's not a fan of their stupid game and doesn't approve of stealing underwear or most of the stuff they do. Baekhyun is looking through some colorful magazine, partly amused, partly not caring that much; he was lucky enough to be absent when the game started, so he doesn't have to participate and he enjoys the hell out of that.
 
On the other hand, Jongin, Yixing and Jongdae still look pretty impressed with Sehun having succeeded. If they are to be honest, they didn't expect him to.
 
It seems like their maknae is growing up. They approve.
 
Luhan sighs.
 
"What should you do~" Sehun hums grinning at annoyed Luhan.
 
"Isn't it my turn to think of something?" Jongin tries to smile innocently, failing quickly and laughing at the oldest.
 
"And I hope what you'll figure out will be awesome~" Sehun advices. He will not have this go any differently after what they'd told him to do.
 
"Oh!" Jongin makes an innocently surprised face at Sehun. "Do you maybe have a suggestion?" He blinks cutely. Jongdae, Yixing and Baekhyun start laughing at that. Joonmyun still pretends he is hearing nothing and waves to a friend sitting on the other table, smiling pleasantly. 
 
Sehun thinks for a moment.
 
"I think I might." He smiles cheerfully and leans towards Jongin, then he starts whispering something to the slightly older boy's ear.
 
Luhan frowns again.
 
Listening to whatever Sehun's saying, Jongin starts chuckling.
 
Luhan frowns harder as it means the idea will not be a happy one. At least not for him.
 
"Hey! No helping!" Luhan tries, kicking Jongin's leg. The boy only waves his hand at him, not caring about the not existing rule.
 
When Sehun's done, Jongin smiles widely with obvious approval written on his face.
 
Their maknae is totally growing up.
 
"Luhannie-hyung," Jongin starts, the wide smile full of evil and mischievousness and amusement and all the other things that make it obvious that Luhan is not going to like the idea.
 
"I dare you to..." Jongin continues, giving his best to keep a straight face and not to start laughing. Next to him, Sehun is doing much better job at that.
 
On the other side of the table Yixing, Jongdae and Baekhyun are looking at Jongin curiously.
 
"I dare you to propose," Jongin finishes, smiling, all pleased with himself.
 
"What?" Luhan frowns. "How? To whom? What?" He's confused. With how proud Sehun and Jongin looked with the idea, he expected something better.
 
Jongin think for a moments, looking around the cafeteria and searching for a great candidate. Sehun pokes his side and points one specific table with his head. Jongin grins.
 
"Park Chanyeol," Jongin decides, pointing his finger at the guy sitting with his friends a few tables away.
 
"Who?" Luhan raises his brows, confused once again. Then it clicks. "You mean- What- You!" He kicks Jongin's calf under the table.
 
Yixing and Jongdae start laughing the moment they hear the name, because, really, it's an amazing idea. Even Joonmyun snort with laughter, then immediately covering his mouth with his hands, pretending he never made any sound.
 
And then there's Baekhyun who stares at Jongin for a few moments, blank face on, and glances a few times at Luhan. Then he just bursts out laughing, ridiculously loud and clapping his palm on the table and he's actually barely keeping his on his seat, he might really fall onto the floor in a moment. He doesn't care though. Because it's Park Chanyeol. The Park Chanyeol that Baekhyun has known since kindergarten and has been friends with ever since and, oh my God, Luhan is supposed to propose to him. Baekhyun feels like he will choke in a few moments, because he just can't stop laughing.
 
Luhan glares at Baekhyun, still kicking Jongin who still keeps on smiling despite the pain. Then he kicks Sehun (who's now laughing hard as well), too, because it was his damn idea, he needs to just wait for Luhan's revenge, he is going to regret it, the underwear being nothing in comparison.
 
Because Luhan knows Park Chanyeol. Everybody knows Park Chanyeol.
 
Luhan might be a popular, social, adored football player, but Park Chanyeol is... Park Chanyeol. Almost everybody swoons after him, his performances always get full audience, his pictures keep being all over twitter, he is confessed to daily.
 
And those are only a few out of all the reasons why he hates the idea of... proposing to the guy.
 
Luhan glances at Chanyeol, talking happily with his friends, and grimaces. He looks back at Jongin to see him taking off one of his rings.
 
"Do you think this one could fit?" he asks Baekhyun, showing him the ring.
 
Luhan frowns in confusion, but Baekhyun doesn't even hesitate, taking it and analyzing the ring carefully, even with the tears of laughter streaming down his eyes.
 
"I think it should." He smiles, giving the ring back to Jongin, and then laughs again.
 
And Jongin hands the ring to Luhan, who just blink at the boy blankly.
 
"You need a ring to propose to him. You've got it. Go~" Jongin smiles cheerfully and snorts, not being able to keep it in at the sight of Luhan's face.
 
"Now?" Luhan's eyes widen amazingly at the suggestion.
 
Jongin nods.
 
"Here?" Luhan raises his brows.
 
Jongin gives another nod.
 
"With all those-" Luhan makes a waving gesture with his hand, meaning to get Jongin's attention to how many people are in the cafeteria.
 
"Yes. Now. Here. Just like this." Jongin narrows his eyes at Luhan.
 
Luhan blinks a few times.
 
"Are you crazy?!" He finally explodes. "You want me to- with all those people around and looking and just go to the guy and-" He gets cut off by Yixing.
 
"Okay," Yixing gets the others attention. "It looks like Luhan's out." He grins evilly.
 
All of them know what it means. A punishment.
 
Luhan panics.
 
"No! I- I'm going!" He grabs the ring and stands up.
 
Stupid friends knowing stupid things about him and having stupid things of his and having proofs of stupid things he might or might not have done.
 
"Yay! And that's my favorite hyung!" Sehun laughs sweetly, clapping his hands adorably and his face getting all cute.
 
Luhan only glares at the maknae, because he can see through all the layers of cute and he sees evil. Terrifying amounts of plain evil.
 
"Hwaiting!" Jongin claps Luhan's pack, pushing him forward.
 
Luhan doesn't even glare anymore; he only sighs, because there's no way out now.
 
Yixing, Jongdae and even Joonmyun wish Luhan good luck, still giggling. Baekhyun doesn't, he's still laughing and trying to stop and trying to get himself up from the floor; it doesn't seem like he's going to calm down anytime soon.
 
He starts making slow steps towards his doom.
 
The doom is looking pretty happy with himself at the moment, but Luhan knows the doom's pleased mood is going to change very soon.
 
Somehow about halfway on his way Luhan turns back to his friends with this little last hope that maybe they'll let him not to do this, they'll change their minds, anything.
 
But all six of those traitors are just watching him, waiting for the real show to start. Jongdae even gestures at Luhan to hurry up and Sehun takes out his phone to be ready to take pictures.
 
Luhan grimaces and the rest of his death road passes him quicker, mumbling curses at his ungrateful friends.
 
And then Luhan suddenly notices he's standing next to Chanyeol's seat and looking at him and Chanyeol actually raises his head to look at Luhan back.
 
Something in Luhan stops for a moment, having those big beautiful kind and curious eyes looking straight at him.
 
Luhan takes a deep breath, getting kind of ready to do this. He glances quickly at his friends (and he doesn't know what he was expecting. Sehun, Jongdae, Yixing and even Joonmyun have their phones directed at him. They seem like they're just going to film the whole thing. And they're all laughing, though the four are only doing so softly, so they're not shaking their phones).
 
He looks back at Chanyeol.
 
Luhan hopes for a gentle rejection, knowing the guy might be very playful at times, but in the end he's a very kind person.
 
He takes one more deep breath and goes for it.
 
Luhan kneels on one knee and shows the ring to Chanyeol.
 
"Will you marry me?" he asks.
 
Luhan only realizes it now, but at that moment his voice is the only thing that can be heard in the cafeteria. Well, his voice and lots of clicks and sounds that various phones and cameras make while taking pictures.
 
Chanyeol blinks, the only thing changed in his expression being the slightly widened eyes.
 
Luhan keeps hearing lots of gasps coming from everywhere around him, even from behind Chanyeol, but he's giving his best not to look anywhere but the guy's eyes. The eyes look nice and are not judging him yet and Luhan knows that if he even glanced somewhere else, he'd panic terribly.
 
The silence lasts a few moments more with Luhan observing the big eyes.
 
Chanyeol blinks a few more times and then his expression starts changing slowly, finally evolving into a small smile.
 
The smile confuses Luhan, because it doesn't look like a smile people have always seen on the guy's face as he rejects whomever confessed to him again, but Luhan doesn't have time to analyze the smile, because-
 
"Yes."
 
Oh.
 
Oh?
 
Oh!
 
WHAT?!
 
And "WHAT?!" is what Luhan wants to yell, but all he is able to do at the moment is to open his mouth in shock and stare at Chanyeol, having no idea what's happening.
 
Luhan doesn't even notice all the shocked noises people around them do, like shouts and things falling onto the floor (Baekhyun again?).
 
Chanyeol chuckles lightly and looks at the ring in Luhan's hand. He takes it and puts it on his ring finger, smiling at the right size.
 
"Perfect fit. Thank you."
 
He thinks for a moment and takes one of his own rings off. He takes Luhan's hand and tries it on the older guy's finger.
 
This ring also fits.
 
Luhan blinks, staring at his hand in Chanyeol's. At the ring on his ring finger. He somehow manages to close his mouth.
 
Chanyeol looks at his watch and notices the hour.
 
"Oh, I need to go now." He moves to get up, but then hesitates. "See you later, fiancé~"
 
Chanyeol pecks Luhan's lips.
 
Then he finally stands up and with a soft smile still present on his face he goes towards the door.
 
Almost everybody's following Chanyeol with their eyes, not moving at all besides that, all the way to the door and till he disappears behind it.
 
During those two minutes it's just Luhan who's only staring at the same point and not moving at all since the kiss. Nobody's sure if he's even breathing.
 
And as Chanyeol's gone, everybody's attention goes back to unmoving Luhan, who doesn't even seem to notice that.
 
Chanyeol's friends turn to look at Luhan as well, though these four actually feel quite concerned for the boy, some because they know Luhan personally, others because now he's their friend's fiancé (???).
 
It takes a few seconds before Minseok finally takes pity on the poor guy.
 
"Luhan," he tries hesitantly.
 
No reaction.
 
Minseok glances at Yifan helplessly, hoping the other will do something as he's sitting closer to Luhan.
 
"Luhan?" Yifan tries, too. Minseok rolls his eyes, because deep voice or not, he doesn't think it's going to be so easy.
 
Tao looks at his hopeless hyungs and rolls his eyes, too. He takes a piece of a tangerine and throws it a lot.
 
He hits Luhan straight in the face and grins, proud of himself.
 
It seems to be a right move, because Luhan blinks and seems to zone back to the reality. He blinks a few more times and looks at the four people staring at him from the closest table.
 
Luhan knows Minseok and Yifan pretty well, he even knows they're dating (who doesn't, though); he knows Tao well enough to recognize him, but not to greet him whenever they see each other; and then there's this cute guy he's never talked with but has been hearing about for over a year daily, Kyungsoo, and he's staring at him bewildered and huge-eyed, which makes Luhan a bit uncomfortable.
 
"You okay?" Minseok asks hesitantly.
 
Luhan blinks again.
 
"Uh???" is all what he manages to answer. He might be realizing that literally everyone in the cafeteria are looking at him. And he's still kneeling.
 
"Um," he adds. He gets up slowly, his legs shaking a little.
 
Luhan glances at the four guys, not exactly liking the pitiful way they're looking at him.
 
He coughs a little, trying to figure out some of his natural self-confidence that seems to have hidden somewhere when he wasn't paying attention.
 
"Uh, I b-better-" Luhan says, gesturing ungracefully at his own friends and table. He nods at himself, turns around before any of the four manages to say something and flees.
 
As Luhan approaches the table surrounded with his own friends, all still giggling and grinning at him, Baekhyun seemingly very comfortable on the floor at this point, he glares at Jongin and Sehun. The two only snort at the oh so scary glare.
 
"Smooth, my dear hyung," Jongin comments cheerfully.
 
Luhan glares harder.
 
" you all."
 
 
*
 
 
What could probably be helpful to explain some of the situation but what nobody knows is what happens to Chanyeol after he walks out of the cafeteria.
 
It's not anything bad or complicated. Just interesting.
 
Chanyeol simply keeps walking for another minute or two. And then when he's in some less used corridor and looks around to make sure he's alone and with nobody else there.
 
And he is, totally safe and by himself.
 
Therefore, Chanyeol grins. Like, really, really widely and happily and creepily.
 
He covers his mouth, so he doesn't start laughing out loud, but it's really difficult.
 
Chanyeol notices the ring on his finger and actually kneels down with how hard he's laughing almost soundlessly. Even breathing is difficult.
 
But-
 
He just can't stop imagining all those people's faces. Especially Luhan's.
 
Everyone's faces were hilarious, but Luhan's was just...
 
It takes Chanyeol a few more minutes to starts breathing normally and wipes the tears. He's still giggling, but it's good enough.
 
He takes a few deep breaths to get himself ready to face people without laughing.
 
He takes some more to make sure he is ready for that.
 
Okay, he might be ready now.
 
As he turns around and starts walking towards his class, that most likely has started a few moments ago, but, well, it happens.
 
He notices the ring again.
 
Chanyeol smiles happily.