t w o

Somersaults

“So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.” 

― Paulo CoelhoThe Alchemist

 

Chapter 002 – School Buddy

-------------------

After the great havoc that had happened when Minseok arrived home, we finally came back to our senses and decided to go on with our lives. I made my way infront of the television happily, only to find out that SHINee had already finished their performance. I just sighed and turned off the television. Fark Minseok, I’m seriously going to kill him one day. My mom went to the kitchen and swept the pieces of plates that had been scattered there. On the other hand, my dad positioned the dining table into its proper spot.

Meanwhile, Minseok and Luhan got their luggages and went to my brother’s room. It turned out that Luhan will stay in Minseok’s room for a while.

.

.

.

.

Speaking of Luhan, I don’t know why I get this giddy feeling whenever he’s around. Ugh stop it, Minhye. But who the hell does not get nervous when a person who looks like an angel is in front of you? Aish, he even looks better than Taemin oppa!

.

.

.

 

“Minhye-ah, go to your brother’s room and tell him that lunch is ready! Also, tell Luhan to pack his things later!” My mom called out from the kitchen.

“Neh!” I just replied.

 

 

---------------------------------

 

 

Knock, knock.

 

The door abruptly opened and I was taken aback. It was him who opened the door.

“Erm… uhhh.. my mom says that lunch is ready. She is calling you and Minseok oppa already.” I told Luhan, trying to distract myself by not looking into his eyes.

“Oh really. Thanks, Minhye-ssi.” Luhan replied as he gave out a smile.

“No need for formalities, you can call me just Minhye.” I told him as I smiled back. Darn his cheeks are so squishy!

“Okay, Minhye. We’ll be there in a jiffy.”

“Okay. I’ll go down first. Bye.” Spell awkward.

“Bye.”

 

When the door was finally shut,  I let out a sigh of relief.

“Gosh Minhye you are so stupid, I’m telling you.” I mumbled to myself as I did a facepalm.

 

“Ya, Minhye! Why are you talking to yourself?”

.

.

I heard my brother’s voice echo throughout the hallways. It was followed by a chuckle from Luhan.

“Just great. Ugh I made a fool of myself.” I mumbled for the second time.

“Look Luhan, my sister’s talking to herself. What a dummy!” Minseok oppa said as laughed heartily. Then again, I received another chuckle from Luhan.

“I was not!” I retorted back and made my way downstairs, disregarding the heat that was currently igniting on my cheeks.

I swear having a brother like him is the worst thing in the world.

 

----------------------------

 

 

“So Luhan, how’s China? How did you meet our Minseok?” My mother asked him while biting on a piece of chicken. How unhygienic. We were currently having our lunch together, and my mom made it extra special since Luhan will be joining us from now on.

“China’s really beautiful Mrs. Kim. I really hope you could visit there sometimes. Regarding Xiu--- I mean Minseok,  I met him at our school fair, and we instantly bonded together.” Luhan replied while taking tiny sips of the soup that my mom has made. Somehow, I felt that he’s now getting comfortable with my family.

“That’s good! I thought our Minseok here would become a loner at China.” My mom dramatically exclaimed as Minseok whined.

“I’m not anti-social, Mom! Not unlike this dork here!” Minseok replied as he pointed his index finger at me. I just let out a smirk at him.

“No, no! While you were away in China, our Minhye here has become the student council president. And not to mention that she’s the batch valedictorian too!” My father said as he patted my hair.

“WHAT?!” Minseok oppa blurted as small chunks of rice fell out from his mouth.

“Eeww Minseok, that’s so dirty.” I retorted back.

“My anti-social sister became the student council president? And you even graduated as the class valedictorian? Oh my gosh Minhye I’m so proud of you!” Minseok oppa replied as he stood up and placed a wet kiss on my cheeks.

“YAH KIM MINSEOK THAT’S SO DIRTY!” I screamed back at him, wiping the remnants of his saliva on my cheeks.

That’s when I finally noticed that Luhan’s softly chuckling on the sides…. again. He loves to chuckle, doesn’t he?

Great, great. Now he thinks our family is mentally unstable.  

“Your family’s really cute, Mrs. Kim.” Luhan suddenly commented as he let out another smile.

“Luhan, I told you, since you’ll be living here, consider yourself as one of the members of our family too!” My mom enthusiastically said.

“Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Kim. You’ve really done so much for me.” Luhan added, shyly scratching his head.

“It’s our pleasure, Luhan. Come on guys, let’s now eat …. peacefully.” My dad replied.

“Speaking of, I forgot to tell you that Luhan and I are already enrolled in SNU.” Minseok interjected and my eyes suddenly went round.

“You’ll be at Seoul National University too?” I asked my brother.

“Yeah, dork. Don’t tell me you’re attending SNU too?” He asked me in reply, with a smirk hanging dumbly on his face. Duh, what does he think of me?

“My gosh. What have I done to deserve this? Now I’m even going to school with a dumb Baozi.” I mumbled as I let out a sigh.

“Yah who are you calling dumb? Aren’t you happy that we’ll be school buddies?” Minseok oppa asked me, placing an arm around my shoulders.

“No.”

“YAH!” He screamed, removing his arms from my shoulder and softly pushing me away.

“I said no.”

“You crazy little---“

“Kim Minseok! Kim Minhye!” My father suddenly shrieked. Oh dae to the bak. He’s gonna start ranting again.

 

You probably knew what happened next. The rest of the day continued on crazily for our family.

 

------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 983

Sooo, I onlygot one subscriber. /sobs/

 

Well... uhm.  Is this really boring? :( 

 

 

But I'll wait until you guys notice my story. 

 

So, for the meantime, I'll eat first. Annyeong!