o n e

Somersaults

“A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment.” 
― Jane AustenPride and Prejudice

 

 

Chapter oo1 – Living Together

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ding dong, ding dong.

.

.

.

.

Ding dong. Ding dong.

I heard the doorbell rang from the outside. Ugh just who is that person disturbing my lovely Saturday?

“Kim Minhye, stop being a lazy and answer the door.” Mom called out from the kitchen. There goes Mom again. I inwardly groaned as I pretended that I didn’t hear anything.

“Eomma, SHINee’s about to perform! Appa, would you please open the door?!” I said, well --- screamed.  Oops, wrong choice of words.

“YAH KIM MINHYE I DID NOT SEND YOU TO A GOOD SCHOOL ----“ Holy Moly.

“Arrasso, I’ll get it. Love you Appa!” I quickly replied before he continues his rant. I stood up and quickly ran outside. I’ll seriously kill the person behind those gates if ever I miss a second of SHINee’s performance.

 

“WHY SO SERIOUS?” I sang, no -- squealed as I opened the gates. To my surprise, there was no one outside our gate. Is this some kind of prank? Aish seriously. Why is no one--

.

.

.

.

.

“SURPRISE!”

Someone screamed as I was enveloped in a bear hug. That voice…

“MINSEOK OPPA! YOU ARE BACKKKKK!” I screamed as I hugged him back.

“I miss you, Kim Minseok you dufus. “ I continued as I hugged him even tighter.

“YAH KIM MINHYE I CANNOT BREATHE!” Minseok oppa replied as he tried to flail his arms. I broke the hug and chuckled.

“I still can’t believe you are back, Mandoo!” I resisted the urge not to hug oppa again. Gahd, I miss him so much.

“Err wait Sis, I have another surprise.” Minseok oppa said as he grinned widely.

“Another surprise? Oh my gosh Minseok oppa, don’t tell me you bought some SHINee stuffs from China?” I squealed for the nth time. Minseok oppa just chuckled and patted my head, ruining my hair in the process.

“I’m with a friend who will be staying with us for the meantime.” He replied and I immediately cooed.

“You brought a friend with you? Oh my gosh Kim Minseok you’re now a man! Is she pretty?”

“Stupid, he’s a guy.”

“Kim Minseok, don’t tell me you’re turning gay?! And when I thought you’re already a man. Tch. What has China done to you?” I told him, with some nonchalant, exaggerated shrieks.

“Pab-----“

.

.

.

“Ehem. Ehem.”

A cough was suddenly heard and my head unknowingly moved towards the direction of the voice.

Immediately, heat rushed up to my cheeks as I saw the person who just entered our gate.

“Minhye-ah, meet my best friend from China, Lu Han.” Minseok oppa said, introducing his friend who is awkwardly standing beside him.

 “Ermm… I’m Luhan. Nice to meet you, Minhye-ssi.” That Lu Han guy said, as he handed out his right hand for a handshake.

“Uhm H---i. Hi. I.am. M—min-hyee, Minseok oppa’s only sister.” I replied, giving out a few stutters at the beginning. I reached out my left hand to shake his. At the moment our hands met, I felt sparks. It felt like zaps of electricity has entered my body.

Feeling giddy, I immediately withdrew my hands from his.

“Erm, I’ll go inside now.” I said and Lu Han just nodded at me. Fark how come he’s so gorgeous?

“Okay. Min Hye, I’ll be fetching our luggage outside with Luhan. Please tell Mom that I’m already here.” Minseok said. I gave him a soft smile and trudged my way inside the house.

 

As I was on the door, I immediately screamed in the loudest voice possible, “MINSEOK THE BAOZI IS HOME!”

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

After I let out that horrible scream saying that baozi’s home, the whole house got into chaos. My dad, who apparently was reading some sports magazine at the moment, suddenly screeched out loud and jumped outright, accidentally flipping the dining table. It was fortunate that our table was not made of glass, because hell knows what will happen next.

On the other hand, my mom, who at the moment, was cooking lunch for us, got into an extreme astonishment causing her to drop the plates she was holding on to. I told you, it was crazy.

And by the time they realized that Minseok’s really home, they sprinted like crazy buffaloes towards the gates, intentionally bumping into me in the process, causing me to tumble on the ground. And well, I was likewise in shock that’s why I remained seated on the ground. Who could blame us? We haven’t seen Minseok for two and a half years.

 

“Oh my god Minseok, you’re finally home!” My mom squealed like a penguin, enveloping Minseok oppa in a giant, bear crushing hug.

My silly brother just chuckled at my mom, mumbling incoherent words such as “I miss you too.” and started wiping imaginary tears at his face.  Doofus.

“Hubby ppali, I want to hug my son too!” My father said as he pouted. Eww no, my family’s really weird.

“Excuse me, he is my son and I am his mother so I get to hug him first.” My mom replied almost instantly, as he shoved my father farther from Minseok oppa.

“YOU OLD WOMAN. YOU ARE CRAZY! I AM HIS FATHER AND HE LOOKS LIKE ME SO STOP BEING CRAZY AND LET ME HUG MY SON!” My father screamed back, and pushed my mom away. Of course, being stronger than my mom, my father was finally able to hug Minseok oppa.

Finally, they got back to their senses and both of them embraced Minseok oppa together, accompanied by silly comments saying that he got fatter and that his cheeks became rounder. After a while, Xiumin broke the hug and introduced Luhan to our parents. Fark. I forgot he’s still there and here I am on the ground looking like a retarded seal.

I immediately stood up and dusted my shorts. Of course, I pretended that nothing is wrong and I just walked towards them.

“Eomma, Appa, this is Luhan. He’s my best friend.”

“Awwww, what a cute boy. He looks just like a deer! ” My mom cooed and pinched Luhan’s cheeks. I saw Luhan’s face turned bright pink. I almost had to stop myself from laughing out loud.

“Geez woman, stop your hormones will you?” My dear father added, and held my mom’s hand away from Luhan’s cheeks.

“I’m sorry about my wife. I’m Kim Bung Do, Minseok’s father. And this is Kim Sang Hee, my wife.” My father said, properly introducing himself and my mom to Luhan.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Bung Do-ssi.” Luhan responded and gave a small bow, earning a soft chuckle from my father.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you too, Luhan!” My mom replied almost instantly and my father had to stop her from inflicting any kind of harassment to Luhan. Lol.

“If it’s possible, could he stay with us, Appa? He has no relatives here in Korea and I can’t send him away to live on a dorm, either.” Minseok oppa interjected.

“Sure son. Our house is too big for us, right? And having an additional member to our family isn’t bad at all.” My father said as he patted Luhan’s shoulders.

“Welcome to your new home, Luhan.”

 

---------------------------

 

First chapter is up! I'd really appreciate it if you subscribe and comment on this story. I need inspiration! Hihi. 

Word Count: 2,018 

 

 

 Actually, I just woke up and I immediately updated. Lol. 

               

 

So I'd be really happy if you subscribe. 

 

LUHAN: PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO THIS STORY. COMMENT TOO! I'LL BE DANCING GANGNAM STYLE WITH SEHUN AND XIUMIN IF YOU DO! 

 

 

 Lol. I love you guys. <3