Chocolate Bears

Chocolate Bears

•1st Person•   

  Today's a minimum day at Kwang Ahn High School, so my best friend, Kim Shantel and I, decide to volunteer at our elementary school. Lunch just ended for them, so it's the perfect time to visit. We go to the office to sign ourselves in as visitors where we meet Mr. Park. He "steals" us from the office and guides to his students who are waiting for him in front of the playground. 

 
   While walking with the class, I feel someone hug me from the side. I look down to see Sofia tightly attached to me. I rub her head and say,"Sofia! My favorite dongsaeng! I haven't seen you in forever! You've grown up so much!" 
 
   She shyly giggles and says,"Haha. Hi Angelica Unnie." 
 
   She leans forward and waves to Shantel who responds with a small smile. 
 
   "So how have you been doing these days Sofia?" I ask.
 
   "I've been doing good. How about you Unnie?" She replies.
 
  "Same same. Nothing's really new." I say.
 
   After that, we walk in silence until Sofia brakes the ice and shyly says,"Ummm Unnie...?" While observing my face. 
 
   "What's up dongsaeng?" I ask.
 
   "Hansol oppa was right. You are really pretty." Dongsaeng says. 
 
   I say thank you as my face begins to blush. 
 
   "Omo. Hansol thinks I'm pretty." I think to myself as i try to hide my smile. 
 
   Shantel elbows me and whispers,"Told you so."
 
   Sofia continues on with,"Oppa also said that you're very sweet, kind, and funny. He likes being around you and making you happy. He also said that even though you're really gullible, he thinks your reaction is cute when he gets to fool you. Overall, Oppa said that you're perfect for him."
 
   That's when my face feels as if it's on fire. 
 
   "He told all of this to you?" I ask curiously. 
 
   "Aniyo Unnie. He told Ji Soo Oppa. I was playing with Samuel and Teeny in the practice room and we ended up eavsdropping on them...and he admitted that he really does like you." Sofia concludes.
 
   Shantel spits out her Sunny 10 in shock while i take the drink from her hand and take a sip to prevent myself from acting crazy. Inside I was honestly bouncing all over the place and my heart was beating ten times faster. 
 
   Sofia notices that I'm acting strange and asks,"Omo Unnie. Do you like Hansol Oppa back?!" 
 
   I reply with,"Well Hansol is really sweet, and really funny. He's such a gentleman and always caring for me. Plus he gives the best hugs- ."
 
   "Omo yes! Sofia, you have no idea how much this Unnie likes your Oppa." Shantel blurts out, cutting me off. 
 
   A really big gummy grin appears on Sofia's face as she turns to look at me and say,"Unnie, if you and Hansol Oppa ever end up dating, I approve of you." She flashes two thumbs up at me as we walk into Mr. Park's class.
 
   He introduces us to his class as two fabulous, genius, talented former students of Baek Su Elementary School. (Hah! As if! Wait, scratch that, we were fabulous students.) Shantel and I began answering questions the students had about life in high school. We also gave them personal advice like "stay out of drama", "have fun", "be yourself", those type of sayings. After that, Mr. Park tells us our jobs. Which happens to just be grading the students' assignments and filing the corrected ones into their designated files. 
 
  In the middle of working, I grab my bag from under the table to take out my Twix bar and I hand the other piece to Shantel. She grabs it from my hand and says thanks as she takes a bite. I hold my Twix in place with my top and bottom teeth as I continue to grade and file.
 
   10 minutes later, someone comes us from behind me and pinches my sides. I mini shriek and jump from being startled. My twix falls from my mouth but thankfully lands into my hand. This person then wraps their arms around my waist, and pulls me closer to them just to whisper,"Hi beautiful," in my ear. 
 
   I turn to the front and this person turns out to be Hansol. 
 
  I hug from the front and punch his shoulder,"Choco Choi, you scared the crap out of me."
 
  He fist bumps Shantel while still being in my embrace and says,"Sup Shantel."

 

 "Hi Hansol." She replies.
 
   I let go of his hug but his arms stay where they were. I place the remaining Twix in front of his mouth and he eats all of it. 
 
   I glare at him. "Pabo. You don't eat all of it. Only a small bite," I shake my head. 
 
   "Mianae Caramel Lee." he says with his mouth full. 
 
   I put my hand on the corner of his face, "Aigoo. You eat like a child. You have chocolate all over lips," I say as I wipe the mess off lips. 
 
   "Gomawo Angelica." He winks at me. 
 
   "Lovebirds, lovebirds. Tsk, tsk." Shantel says as she throws a pen at us. 
 
   "So what are you even doing here Hansol?" I ask.
 
 
   "Well, I'm here to pick Sofia up after school," he starts,"but then I saw you through the window and thought that was definitely a bonus."
 
   I look up from my papers and Hansol winks at me. Again. I roll my eyes at him and slap his arm. 
 
   "Ouch," he whispers.
 
   "Merong," I stick my tongue out at him.   
 
   "Awww Angie, your boyfriend was excited to see you!" Shantel exclaims. 
 
      "You too?!" Hansol asks.
 
   "All the time. Like always." I say annoyed. 
 
   "I thought I was the only one." he exagerates.
 
   "Nope. Some people at Kwang Ahn just know me as 'Hansol's girlfriend'," I sigh, "I don't get why everyone thinks we're dating."
 
   "I know right! Why a guy and a girl be close friends without being assumed that they're something special?"  
 
   "Exactly." I agree. 
 
   "Wait, so you weren't excited to see me Hansol?" Shantel asks dissapointedly.
 
   "Huh?" Hansol zones out. He then switches to his girly voice and says,"Love you Shantel!"
 
   Shantel pouts and says,"Take your love back. I don't want it. Give it to your girlfriend." 
 
   Mr. Park notices Hansol just standing there and says,"Hansol! Lover boy! Do some work if you're gonna stick around. Work," as he points to the stack of papers on our table. 
 
   Hansol turns around and says,"Sorry Mr. Park." He then grabs a chair from the round table to bring to the work table and sit next to me. I then drop my pile of papers in front of him and get up from my seat.
 
   "Where are you going?!" Hansol asks.
 
   "Ms. Song told me that she wants me to visit her class real quickly. Annyeong." I say as I walk out of Mr. Park's. 
 
•3rd Person•
   Shantel takes Angelica's seat next to Hansol and asks,"So got the feels for my best friend don't you, Hansol?" 
 
   "Mwoh?" He asks. 
 
   "Don't act confused. It's so obvious you like her." 
 
   "Fine. Yeah, I do like Angelica. Alot." Hansol admits.
 
   "Hmmmmm. Do tell more lover boy. Do tell more." Shantel says curiously.
 
   "Like what?"
 
  "Since when have you liked her? How long have you liked her? What made you like her? Why have you not had the balls to ask her out yet? Details."
 
   "Well I always liked her ever since we went to Baek Su, but I would also like other girls as well. Even though I would like a bunch of girls, I end up falling for Angie in the end. I had on and off feelings for her until near the end of middle school. We started hanging out alot more during school and I felt different around her. I realized that I thought about her way more often than I used to, do alot of things to impress her and I would actually fix my usual attire when I knew I was going to see her. I had a feeling that I liked her but I thought the feelings would subside after a while. They never did. I decided to just let those feelings be, and as I talked to her more often, the more I fell for her. I had a warm, happy feeling when I'd hug her. Whenever I saw her smile or laugh because of me, I felt satisfied. I think it's adorable when she tries to do aegyo with me to get my attention. Her personality is so bright, it lights up my day. If I don't see her at school, I get worried and I want to know if she's okay. When she's sad, it hurts me on the inside to know that she's in pain. I don't really know what it is about her, but I know that she's amazing, she's beautiful, she's talented, she's adorable, she's flawless. I...I'm in love with her..." Hansol confesses.
 
   "Oh. My. God. I cannot believe that came out of Hansol Vernon Choi's mouth." Shantel says shockingly. 
 
   "To be honest, I'm not so sure what I said either, but that's how I feel about Angelica." He admits.
 
   "Wait, then how come you never have asked her out if you've always felt this way for almost 2years?!" She asks.
 
   "I never thought that she would say yes. Or have the same feelings."
 
   "You like her, she likes you. Ask her out, Hansol."
 
   "I'll see...I'll see...Wait She likes me?! Since when?"
 
   "Around the same time as you."
 
   "Details." Hansol demands.
 
   "I'm not supposed to tell you this, but it's time you know. So yeah, like how you started having the feels for Angelica near the end of middle school, she began feeling the same way. She told me that ever since you two started hanging out more, that she felt strange around you. Like a different happiness. She started talking about you way more often than usual and I would always ask her if she liked you. Angelica usually would say no. She thought it was wrong to like you since you were like her best guy friend. I told her that it was okay. But she refused. She didn't want to interfere with your dreams of becoming an idol so she wouldn't admit her feelings to even herself. After some time, she told me that, and accepted her feelings for you. She loves the way you make her laugh and smile. She loves the warmth your hugs give her. She adores the way you take care of her when she's sad or in pain, it takes all the bad feelings away. She gets embarassed when you catch her off gaurd because she wants to look pretty in front of you. She gets so excited when she looks at you and you're already staring at her. She told me that you make her feel beautiful, and whenever you compliment her, she feels really good about herself. You know she stopped being insecure because of you?! She feels like a princess around you. She loves you, Hansol. She really does. This really would've been better coming from Angelica."  Shantel says hesitantly.
 
   Silence comes in between them as Hansol takes in all the information he just got. 
 
   "Wow." he says suprised.
 
   "Exactly." Shantel says,"Look, your princess is coming back,"she points to the door. 
 
   Angelica was seen through the doorway in the hallway making her way back to Mr. Park's class. Hansol quickly runs behind the door and puts a finger in front of lips to signal Shantel not to spill anything. 
 
•1st Person•
   I look up to see Shantel working alone. 
 
   "Where's Hansol?" I thought,"Maybe he went to the bathroom..." 
 
   As I step foot into Mr. Park's, Hansol jumps out from behind the door,"RRRRRROOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAARRRRR!!!!" He yells in a monsterous voice.
 
   I scream in terror and even tear up a bit. He stops laughing and notices my reaction. He pushes me into a bear hug. 
 
   We begin to slowly spin in circles as he says,"Aww Angie. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you that bad. Just rest your head in my bosom." 
 
   Despite being practically trapped in his embrace, I manage to move my arms around and I lightly punch his chest repeatedly. I pout and say I hate you with every punch I throw at him.
 
   The whole class is just staring at us and they begin to laugh. 
 
   "Are they boyfriend and girlfriend?" A student asks Shantel.
 
     "No,"she pauses,"Well, not yet anyway." 
 
   "Alright kids! Get back to work!" Mr. Park yells to get his students back in order.
 
   "Are you two really a couple?" He asks Hansol and I curiously. 
 
   "No." "No!" Hansol and I say at the same time. I said it more seriously though while Hansol just chuckles and shakes his head. As we walk back to the work table, Shantel just point at us and laughs. 
 
   "Omomo! You guys are adorable!" She exclaims. 
 
   We finish up the papers five minutes before the bells rings for the end of the day. I was listening in on the students' Pow Wow session and alot of their Wows were about Hansol and I making them laugh. The corner of my lips would turn up at those words. 
 
   The bell finally rings to end the day. Hansol, Shantel and I walk out of the class with the screaming students. We can hear Mr. Park say thanks as we walk further away. 
 
   The three of us walk out to the playground with Sofia trailing behind. "Oppa, kaja. Omma and Appa are waiting for us at home." 
 
   Hansol sighs,"Well I got to go ladies. Bye Shantel," he says while waving to her. "Bye babe!" He says pulling me into another hug and kissing my forehead.
 
   "Woah, woah, woah. Hold up. Did you call me babe? Really Hansol? When was this?!" I question while taking a step away from him.
 
   "Don't act like you don't like it babe," He says as he moves closer to me,"you're my girl now." 
 
  "You never even asked me though..." I say quietly. 
 
   "I already knew you would say yes. I know how you feel Jagiya. You don't have to hide it. It's okay, I feel the same way." Hansol says confidently. 
   
   "How'd you find out?" I ask.
 
  "Shantel spilled everything when you left." He says. 
 
   "Everything?!?!?" I yell. 
 
   He nods. "Yup. Pretty much."
 
   "Oh...well I knew how you felt before too!" I admit. 
 
   "How'd you find out?" Hansol's eyes enlarge as he says that.
 
   "You're dongsaeng." I say while nodding my head towards Sofia. I hold my hand up for her to give her a high five. 
 
   "Unnie had to know someday, Oppa." Sofia says as she slaps my hand. 
 
   "Nae. I did. And don't get so cocky with my feelings Vernon. I could've said no if you asked me out." I try to defend myself. 
 
 "You so couldn't say no, Yeobo." Hansol shouts while walking away.
 
   "Yes I could've! It's possible!!" I yell. 
 
  He ignores my comment and yells,"Saranghae babe! I'll text you!" Even louder as the distance gets larger. 
 
   "Bye Unnie!!" Sofia screams while making a heart with her arms. 
 
   "Saranghaeyo!!" I shout back while waving. 
 
   Shantel and I start walking towards the gate. "Angelica. Be honest." Shantel starts.
 
   "About what?" I ask supiciously.
 
   "You could not say no to Hansol if he asked you to be his girl." She says. 
 
   "Fineeee. No I can't," I admit,"C'mon Shantel, do you really need me to answer that?"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE
 
Hey guys! So this was my first time ever writting anything here, so sorry if it's not the best. This was based on a dream I had and I decided to make it into a one shot. I hope you guys had fun reading! Leave some comments! I'd love to know what you guys think. :)