FINAL.

Can I Have This Dance?

 

It was the night for the Annual Winter Ball at school. I wished that it would turn out perfect. Well, maybe not that perfect but I wanted to have a good time.

 

So, here I am at my room, getting ready. My mom already did my make-up for me but she didn’t put that much. It was light and I loved it. My hair was curled and was placed on my left shoulder, making my right shoulder completely exposed.

 

That’s right, I was wearing a white sleeveless dress that look like what ballerinas would wear in their performances. It was a gift from my parents. I have to admit that this dress was indeed gorgeous, especially the heels which were white as well.

 

*Do I look okay? Will they like it?* I thought as I looked myself from head to toe.

 

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of my mom’s shouting, “ Miyoung-ah! Come downstairs, It’s time to go! “

 

Without being told twice, I hurriedly grabbed my silver purse and headed downstairs to find my mom and dad, arm in arm. My mom looked like she was about to cry while my dad was giving me that judging look.

 

My mom suddenly hugged and I could feels her tears coming out.

 

“ You’ve grown up already. “ My mom pulled away as she wiped her tears and I smiled softly at her.

 

I was about to respond to her when my dad cut me off, “ Be sure to be home by midnight. Tell your future boyfriend that. “ He Winked, causing me to gasp.

 

“ Dad! “ I exclaimed, making my dad laugh and shake his head.

 

“ Let’s go, you’ll be late. “ My parents headed out of the door with me trailing behind them. As we go into the car, my dad rushed through the streets of Seoul where I admired the beautiful lights. I spotted a couple who were passionately kissing in the park.

 

It looked so romantic, especially when they were in front of the huge Christmas tree that was surrounded by shining lights. It almost looked like the source of energy in Seoul.

 

After a few minutes, we arrived at my school. I bid my parents goodbye and they drove off.

 

This ball was definitely grand. I walked on the red carpet and as I opened the double doors of the school gym, loud music and talking welcomed me.

 

Students from left to right were dancing, chatting, eating and some of them were even drinking. I took a moment to let my eyes wander around the gym.

 

The decorations were beautiful. White and silver curtains were placed by the walls and fake snowflakes made out of paper were dangling from the ceiling. I realized that they have attached silver glitter to ceiling as well to make it more shining. Lights of different colors were flashing everywhere and it made it look like a club.

 

I walked and walked until I heard a familiar voice, “ Miyoung-ah! You’re here! “

 

I turned around to see my beloved best friend, Jiyoung. She looked pretty in her red high low dress and with those killer heels.

 

She sent me a grin and said, “ Come on, let’s chat over at the table. “  Suddenly, she grabbed my hand dragged me towards a white table with white roses on the center.

 

We kept on chatting until the DJ announced something.

 

“ Good evening, ladies and gentleman. We’ll be taking it slow for tonight so grab a partner and head to the dancer floor! “

 

A hand was extended in front of Jiyoung and as we both looked up, it was no other than my other best friend who is a guy. His name was Taehyun.

 

I looked to Jiyoung again who was now blushing madly. I nudged her shoulder and nodded towards Taehyun.

 

“ Go on. “ I mouthed and immediately, she accepted his hand and headed out to the dance floor which was dimmer.

 

I was now left alone at the table. It seemed that I was the only one not dancing and having a romantic time.

 

All of the sudden, a familiar song came into my ears. It was “ Can I Have This Dance “ that was played in that famous movie, High School Musical 3.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVPBCFB7GEs

 

“ Take my hand….”

 

As if on cue, a hand was stretched out in front of my eyes. I slowly looked up to find the school’s mute boy, Oh Sehun. He isn’t really mute but he doesn’t talk that much.

 

I could see the nervousness in his fance and I chuckled softly as I grabbed his hand tightly. He seemed to be surprised but then he smiled at little as he dragged me to the center of the dance floow.

 

Above us was a huge chandelier that gave this magical atmosphere around the gym.

 

I felt an arm wrap around my waist as the other was holding my other hand tightly. Me and Sehun were staying still for a couple of seconds until he decided to move. He took step to the left and I followed his steps while my head was hung low. I managed to catch up and as I looked up, I found Sehun gazing me at soflty.

 

His brown orbs were shining under the lights. I took a moment to realize he was really handsome. His hair was styled up and his black suit made him look ier than ever.

 

I felt embarrassed so I unconsciously buried my face in his shoulder and I could feel him stiffen a bit. That made me realize the stupid doing I was doing so immediately removed my head from his shoulders.

As I looked up once again, I could a bit of a pink-ish color on Sehun’s cheeks as he bit his lip. To me, it was really cute and I had to urge to pinch those pink cheeks.

 

We danced until the song ended, with our gazes still locked at each other. Next thing I knew I was being dragged away from the dance floor and out into the school’s garden.

 

My eyes widened at the sight of the garden. It didn’t look that magical before. The trees had lights wrapped around them while the beautiful colors of the flowers could be seen. In the middle of the beautiful, there was a huge fountain that had also lights around it. Sehun had dragged in front it while a memory flashed into my mind.

I remembered seeing Sehun there on the first day of school. He was just sitting there and reading a book. I admired his concentration on the books and how he furrowed his eyebrows.

 

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard somebody cleared their throat. My eyes widened and I immediately looked at Sehun who as fiddling with his fingers.

 

*Could it be? Is he really going to talk? * I thought as I bit my lip nervously, waiting for him to do something.

 

“ You look really…b-b-beautiful. “ He stammered as his face started to heat up.

 

At the moment, time seemed to stop around as you looked at Sehun. Did he just say that you’re beautiful? That’s when it hit you.

 

*WAIT A MINUTE! HE JUST TALKED!* You gasped loudly and mentally knocked your head for doing that.

 

*Great job, Oh Sehun. Make it worse.* Sehun mentally slapped himself and he looked at you directly. Your beauty was shining under the moonlight and it made his heart beat faster than ever.

 

“ Y-you…talk? “ You whispered unsurely which made him smile. Another mental knock on your head was made for blurting out stupid things.

“ Yeah, I do. “ He gave you a bright smile. A bright smile that hasn’t been noticed over the years. He looked cute and charming at the same time. “ It’s a beautiful night, isn’t it? “

 

You looked at the moon which was brightest source of light. It was shining down on both you, making your eyes sparkle.

 

“ Indeed. “ You answered softly and you could feel fingers trying to intertwine with yours. A few seconds later, Sehun had both hold of your hands making you face each other.

 

The nervousness in his face disappeared and it was replaced with seriousness. It made you uncomfortable a bit because it look kind of scary but you managed to hide it.

 

Sehun took a breath in and let out what he was going to say.

 

“ Park Miyoung. I wanna call myself a coward for confessing to you earlier. That’s right. I have liked you for that past few years. No, wait. I have loved you until now with all my heart and I will never stop loving you. “
 

With that, you were loss for words then suddenly, he leaned closer and closer until his lips touched yours. Your eyes widen by the second but it soon fluttered close when you had the urge to kiss him back.

 

In Sehun’s mind, he was completely surprised your actions but that doesn’t matter as long as It gave a hint that you like him too.

 

You pulled away from the passionate kiss and said, “ Oh Sehun, you idiot. “

 

Sehun grew confused and embarrassed at the same time. “ Eheh? “ He rubbed his the back the back of his head.

 

“But seriously, I really do love you. “ He admitted once again which made you softened. After all those years, Oh Sehun known as the school’s mute boy confessed to you, Park Miyoung.

 

The atmosphere became awkward and until I broke the silence, “ Guess what? I love you too. “ I smiled brightly and hugged him tightly with your arms wrapped around his torso. Sehun looked so surprised that he couldn’t believe. Within a flash, the hug had become tighter as Sehun wrapped his arms you as well.

 

“ I guess my wish came true. “ I pulled away softly and grinned cheekily.

 

Sehun raised his eyebrow and asked, “ And what is that wish? “

 

I gave him an eye-smile and said, “ That this night would be perfect, not to mention magical and…romantic as well. “

 

Sehun was touched by your words. He made your night perfect. Once again, he slowly leaned in forward and said,

 

“ I’ll be honored to make everyday perfect for you. ‘

 

And with that, It was sealed with another passionate and gentle kiss under the bright moonlight. This night was perfect and now, I get to have a perfect day everyday with Sehun by your side. What can I say? This night is truly magical and I will truly remember this night for the rest of my life.