Face Off

Loneliness

"By any chance... do you still have feelings for me?"

He laughed. He laughed that makes her angry, it took her a lot of courage to say that out loud but he just laughed. He must be the cold king not his step-brother.

"Are you seriously asking me that?" He turned saying it with gritted teeth.

"Wae? Are you nervous?" She smirked hiding all her anger "or maybe you're scared to admit that you do, right? Should I reject you again?"

"Aren't you here to revenge on her, too?" Jinwoon said confidently.

"Last time I check, that was way before I got to know her and her family."

"Seems fun to me, wanna bet?" He said looking up the sky and back to her. "Your true color will come out very soon, Ailee-sshi."

Ailee smiled but glaring at him. "Ohoh, look at you. Maybe I'm right? That your side will come out soon?" Jinwoon continued with a big smile.

"Why you didn't you tell me that his Myungsoo? The one that I knew." She asked but he look away. "Why did you let them meet again? Aren't you scared on what will happen if they found out?"

"They wont, if you'll do some actions. I want some thrill, Ailee. Now, I can't wait how you will destroy your own life... again, for them." Jinwoon said glaring back at her; emphasizing each words and turned around to walk away.

"Is it me that changed you into this?!" Ailee shout for him to hear it out but he continue walking without looking back.


~
 

IU is walking in the hall when she spotted someone who is familiar to her.

"Hmm? I think I saw that girl before. Who is she?" IU is walking towards her when someone caught her attention.

She stopped when she saw Wooyoung talking to her enemy... Hyuna. She hated her since they were little. They once became best friend but it eventually change when they were freshmen because IU got in the Moonlight band; which Hyuna wanted to be. IU didn't want to be their muse at first but it changed when she falls in love.

Hyuna and Wooyoung are happy talking to each other. IU is very sensitive when it comes to her. She's being competative without any reason. She just wanted to get rid off her. The very moment her eyes landed to them she felt the range that was hidden inside her. It's been years when she last felt this. She walked out afraid on what she'll do.

On the other hand, Wooyoung caught IU storming out.

"What? Why?" Hyuna looked on what he was looking at. "IU? Whare she's going?" Hyuna asked a smile on her face.

"I don't know either. By the way, it's nice talking to you... milady." Wooyoung said and kissed her hand which makes her giggle.

Hyuna is, was, will be forever Wooyoung's ideal girl. She got it all. She got the face, the body and the atittude. She's beyond perfect for him. Today was their first meeting, he must be happy.

On Wooyoung's way back to their room, he saw someone who's familiar to him. "Huh? Is it... Ani, it's impossible. Am I daydreaming right now? Aigoo, chinja!" He walk back to their room.


~



7:30pm. Black Hole Restaurant.

L is currently waiting for Jiyeon to show up. He's sitting in his car's hood. Looking so cool with his black outfit with his black car. Hands in his pocket and a black shades makes him look hot. A lot of girls are checking him out. He is making a commotion 10 feet away from him.

"Aish! That freak. Where is she?!" L pick his phone from his pocket and dialled her number. Jiyeon answered.

"What?!" Jiyeon shouts which made L taken aback.

"You suprise me. Yah! Oddilga?! Don't you know I'm waiting for you for almost 1 hour here?!"

"Why? Why are you waiting that long? Didn't you said it was 8 pm?" Jiyeon answered while L look at his phone not believing on what she just said.

"It will start at 8, you freak! Come now!" L shout.

"Wae?! Are you expecting a girl to come at the exact time? Haven't you dated before? A girl should be late for atleast some minutes. I'm preparing now, bye!" Jiyeon hanged up.

"Aish, this girl chinja! It's not our date anyway, issh!" L kicked the tire of his car and toss his keys to the guy who's in charge in the vallet and went inside.

L went to the reserved table. His date is not yet there, which he's thankful for. After some minutes, his date come.

"L?" A girl with long hair, fair skin and short lady approached him. She's wearing an elegant and long fire brick colored gown. He looked up and stood.

"Hello." He bowed which the lady response with a bow too. He stretched out his hand for a handshake, "L imnida."

The lady accept his hand, "Seohyun imnida." And they bow to each other again.

"Sit, please." L pointed the chair in front of him.

Seohyun sat down and look around. "It seems like you rented the whole place." L look around too and release a little laugh.

"It's a vip room actually, across this room is the main resto." He smiled while the lady looked away, being embarassed. L find it amusing. "Are you, by any chance, is the daughter of Lawyer Seo?"

"Yes. My dad and Mr. Jeong are really close since they were highschool." Seohyun said being comfortable, trying not to be awkward at all.

"I've heard that. Why did you agree to this date, by the way? Just asking if you won't mind." L said being so straight forward which find Seohyun so attractive.

"I like you, that's why." She blurted being too honest which is fine to L.

"Honestly, I already have a girlfriend." L said clasping his hands, challenging her. He finds her interesting.

"Well, those sample rumours won't buy me at all." She answered confidently.

He smiled playfully. "Let's see." He raise his hands to ask for a waiter. "Can you sing?"

"I do have a nice voice." She said smiling sweetly. The waiter approach them.

"I know but I'm asking you if you can." L said smirking. "You know, I really love music."

"Of course! I know you do. I can sing." She confidently said. L gesture the waiter to come closer using his finger.

"Do you any have a stage here and microphone?" The waiter nodded. "She's going to perform, please prepare it. Now." The waiter, once again, nodded and walked away.

"What was that?" Seohyun asked being fidgety with a narrowed brows.

"What? Don't be too nervous, you said you can sing anyway." L answered. He's aware that she is very nervous.

"It's so sudden... I haven't prepared anything." She said, worried.

"Just do it. Sing what you want to sing... for me to understand you at all." He smiled.

For L, singing is the best way to understand someone. All the messages is written and singing it with full of emotions for someone they want to. It’s not just some music; it is someone’s memories and story. Music is someone’s life to be exact. Music is L’s life, his everything. His band is very important to him. L communicates through music.

The waiter came back saying that it was done. L gestures Seohyun to follow the waiter which she follows easily.

Seohyun grabs the microphone then close her eyes to inhale deeply. She's very nervous. What song she'll sing?

[Play it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKCek6_dB0M]

She choose Teardrops In My Guitar by Taylor Swift. In the chorus part, Jiyeon came. She's wearing a black lace top with a formal white skirt. L didn't notice her because he's so into Seohyun's voice. Jiyeon block L's view which he grunts but he push Jiyeon aside.

Jiyeon looked to the stage, her voice caught her attention. It's so lovely, her voice. Maybe this is the girl. L's date. Jiyeon went to the restroom, she needs to know her. She picks up her phone and search for Seo Joohyun. Jiyeon knew Seohyun. Of course, everyone does. She's the famous model.

"Ohh, she already quit her job to take over their company. What a successful lady." Jiyeon continue scrolling until an article caught her attention. "Seohyun and her 3 years of relationship with the famous band CNBlue's lead vocalist Yonghwa ended."

That made Jiyeon stop. That's why the way she sings was so emotional. This date will help her ease the pain but it's not right to use L. Jiyeon walked back to the table and she saw them being comfortable to each other. Still, she approach them.

Seohyun stop giggling and looked up to her. L did the same. "Oh, Jiyeon!" L said happily and gave Jiyeon a sit.

Seohyun, who is confused, is looking at them. Then release a little laugh, a sarcastic one.

"Jiyeon, this is Seohyun my date. Seohyun, this is Jiyeon that I mention a while ago. She's my girl."

Jiyeon holds her breathe when L mention the last words. How can those words send her butterflies?! On the other hand, Seohyun just stare at them. No one moves. No one tried to speak another word until a waiter comes and break the silence.

"Excuse me Mam and Sir, can I take your orders?"

"Give us your specialty." L answered without looking in the menu.

"Right away, sir." The waiter walked away and walk back immediately with a bottle of wine.

"I thought this was supposed to be OUR date?" Seohyun emphasize the word 'our' while looking at Jiyeon but Jiyeon didn't budge instead she secretly smile.

The waiter poured their glass of wine and immediately walk back. The background music of the restaurant is a classic music. The place is so elegant and everyone seems so rich. Of course L knows this kind of place. He's the son of the Galaxy Corporation who owns a lot of properties. L lacks of attention from his parents because of their businesses. This is the reason why he and his step-brother, Jinwoon, build this band. Their band gave them new life and be loved, which their parents can't give.

L looked at Seohyun, "Look, I like you. And you seems good to me but I told didn't I? I already have a girlfriend, and it's her." L put his right arm around Jiyeon's bare shoulders which makes Jiyeon frozen in her place.

"Why did you went here if that's the case?" Seohyun said fiercely.

"My dad told me so, and I hate making a girl waits all by herself here for nothing." L confidently said.

"Trying so hard to be good, huh?" Seohyun said. Jiyeon looked at her and she caught her glaring at her.

Jiyeon smiled innocently. "I'm sorry but my boyfriend is just good to be true." She replied and put her right hand to L's chest.

"We're getting along well when you're not here." Seohyun talks back; feeling disgusted on what they're doing which makes Jiyeon to smile more.

"Well, you'll never know how well we are if it's just the two of us." Jiyeon said innocently then looked at L who's staring down at her speechless.

Of course, Jiyeon knows how to work innocently on this kind of situations. After her adoptive parents died, her biological father came back to her. Her father have a son to another woman, which is Minho. Her step-mom and her father is nice to her. They teach her some proper etiquette same with her brother. Her parents is currently at the Los Angeles for some business. Her brother is just somewhere around the city.

Seohyun released a sarcastic chuckle. "You ." Jiyeon glared back.

"Excuse me?"

"I got to go." Seohyun stood up because it irritates her. Big time.

"Sit down, Ms. Seo." Jiyeon demand with a cold and scary tone. Seohyun looked at her but someone caught her eyes.

A guy walking towards them caught her attention and froze. Jiyeon looked back and smile sweetly.

"Jiyeon!" The guy exclaimed and expand his hands widely.

"Yonghwa oppa!" Jiyeon run to him and hug him which Yonghwa hugged back tightly.

L was confused. Seohyun was confused too. The two release each other and lookef at Seohyun and L.

"Oppa, this is my boyfriend L and this is his arranged date Seohyun. Seohyun and L this is Yonghwa, and he's my friend." Jiyeon said cheerfully. 'This is a night to remember. Great gift to Seohyun, Jiyeon.' Jiyeon said to herself.

Seohyun looked at them with wide eye. She can't believe that the guy who's infront of her was really her ex-lover. Yonghwa didn't budge to look at her. L just looked at the three of them being out of place.

"What's going on?" L questioned Jiyeon looking at her. L knows about them, Seohyun and Yonghwa. He didn't know why Jiyeon called him and he doesn't know that they know each other.

"What is what's going on?!" She answered smiking linking her arms to Yonghwa's arms.

Seohyun stormed out. They look at her, "Umm, excuse me gentlemen. I'll go after her." Jiyeon said running gracefully after her.

-

Jiyeon approach Seohyun who's walking like a zombie at the carpark. Jiyeon approach her.

"He's my brother's friend. My brother was an entertainer and he met him on a radio broadcast." Jiyeon said walking after her while Seohyun briskly walked when she heard her voice. "I invite him for you."

Seohyun stopped and look at her crying so bad. "For me?! You don't know me!! How can you do that to me?! HOW CAN YOU LET HIM MEET ME?! YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME! STOP DOING THIS FOR ME!" Seohyun said and walked again.

"YOU STILL LOVE HIM!" Seohyun stop when she hear it. Seohyun was far from Jiyeon. "I LET YOU MEET HIM BECAUSE IT'S YOUR CHANCE TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING TO HIM! He waited, Seohyun. After the WGM show, he waited for you. How could you not explain why you end it? He deserves to know about it."

--------

Goguma fans, hello there! We have cameo here ^__^*

Hello~ Claire17  !Thank you for commenting and reading this story. For those who upvote and read my story, thank you very much (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づヾ ◕ ◡ ◕  Lovelots! xoxo 

 
--GoddessYoonA


1/17/15