The Detective and The Obsessive Lover

Conflict of Love

I'm updating a lot tonight, because well....it's just sad that I abandoned all these old fics of mine. Hahahahahaha. Here's Junbros for you guys.

 

___________________________

 

Junho wants to get drunk that night. Chansung stopped asking too much questions, and everything seems normal again. But he knows it's far from normal. He still has a disease to fight.

 

"I haven't seen you for a week." The bartender says, while cleaning an empty glass in his hands. The place isn't so crowded that day so Junho could actually relax a little. 

 

"I was busy with life. Too much things happening *hiccup* and too goddamn *hiccup* short time." He replies in a slurry manner.

 

"College isn't going well for you?"

 

"That's the least *hiccup* of my worries right now. *hiccup* I've got cancer and that *hiccup* aint doing me any good." 

 

The bartender stops wiping the glass and looks worriedly over at Junho. "Should you be here?" He asks in a low tone. 

 

"Why shouldn't I? *hiccup* I have every right *hiccup* to be here. Owh...." Alcohol doesn't numb the sudden pain in his chest one bit. He pushes his glass away and rests his head against the glass counter. The bartender immediately drops everything aside and asks if Junho's okay.

 

"You should go home. Seriously. Don't be here right now. Go home and rest." 


"I ain't going nowhere *hiccup* and you ain't making me!" Junho violently shakes off the helping hands offered to him. He's angry, that's for sure. Not at the bartender, but at the situation itself. This feeling of helplessness and desperation...he wants nothing of it.

 

Another man suddenly appears beside the bartender. "Let me take him home. I'm an officer."

 

That is the last thing Junho hears, before he falls away into unconciousness.

 

___________________

 

Hey.

 

Ngh....ow....my head....

 

Open your eyes.

 

Who the ...?

 

Can you hear me? "Hey, open your eyes. Can you hear me?"

 

Junho's eyes flutter open and a blurred image of a young man appears before his eyes. The man feigns a concerned expression. "Can you hear me?" He asks again.

 

"W-where am I?" Junho asks groggily. 

 

"You're in my house."

 

House? He immediately sits up and squints his already-small eyes as hard as he could. Sure enough, the view before him becomes clear, revealing a small room with minimal necessary requirements. He could see a fridge, and a small TV set. There is also a cupboard and a shoe rack. It looks clean on the outset. He's lying on the only bed he could see. The man doesn't seem too shady either. 

 

"Who are you?" He asks, trying to get up. But the pain on his chest would not allow it.

 

"I'm Kim Minjun. I found you in the bar. And brought you here because you were too drunk to tell me where you live."

 

"I don't remember anything." Junho points out. "What are you going to do now?"

 

Minjun shrugs his shoulders and says, "I'll send you home. You've been asleep for five hours. And it's an hour past midnight. Do you need some water first?"

 

"Yes." 

 

Junho watches closely as Minjun gets up to prepare a glass of water for him. He drinks it up slowly, hoping to stall time a little. "Did I do anything....weird or bad...when you brought me here?"

 

A half-smirk appears on the other guy's face. "You have a nice singing voice."

 

Junho lowers his head and blushes bright red. "I'm sorry you have to suffer because of me. But uh...thanks. I guess. For bringing me here."

 

Minjun seems alright with the trouble he went through. After all, he faced drunkards worser than this boy. The boy didn't try to kill him along the way, at least. "What's your name?"

 

Junho flinches a little when Minjun asked him that. Maybe it's just nerves, or maybe it's Minjun's voice. The way Minjun questioned him...it's like...it's like he's an....officer. "I-I'm Junho. Lee Junho." Junho stutters, unable to meet Minjun's face. "Are you going to arrest me?"

 

Minjun shrugs instead. "Why should I? Are you a minor?"

 

"I....no, I'm not."

 

"Then you're fine. People get drunk everyday for so many reasons anyway, but cops don't care unless you're somewhere you're not supposed to be." He chuckles softly, and Junho relaxes a little.

 

"Anyway, do you need a ride home, Junho-ssi?"

 

Chansung is probably stark worried about him right now. He checks his phone, and sure enough, there are twenty missed calls there, about ten messages of the big guy demanding for Junho's whereabouts, and three messages begging his lover to come home. Begging....Chansung never begs.

 

There're also some messages from Wooyoung, similar to Chansung's but less convincing. He shuts his phone and asks Minjun if he could stay a night. The older guy simply looks bewildered. "You...want to stay a night...here? With me?"

 

"You're a cop. It's safer here. I can't go home right now. Not in this state. But I'll leave first thing in the morning." Junho pleads. Minjun feels a little sorry for him and in the end, agrees to let the boy stay.

 

"Just one night, alright."

 

"Thanks a lot, Minjun....uh....you're older right?"

 

"Duh...." Minjun replies, rolling his eyes.

 

"Kay then, can I call you hyung?"

 

"Good enough for me."

 

The night ends smoothly, and Junho feels like he's about to be the biggest in the world once more. He knows how bad this would affect Chansung, but he just doesn't want to think of the giant right now. At least with Minjun snoring lightly beside him, he's able to sleep peaceful for one night, without worrying about breaking his lover's heart.

 

_______________________________

 

Expect next chapter.