Chapter 1

Its All About Destiny

I hear the ambulance's siren. I hear some people crying.

And I heard someone calling out my name. 

"Don't ever come looking for her or I'll kill this girl." 

There it is again. The dream i call a 'nightmare'. The dream that felt real. That dream has been showing up on my head every night. Im glad seeing myself wake up from that bad dream. 

"Suzyyyyyyy~~ wake uuupppppp!!!!!!!!" Was that my alarm clock? No. It was my bestfriend, Min. I've been living with her on her own house for 3 months now. Min has been my bestfriend since I was 7 years old. They said I was involved in a car accident and that's the reason why I dont remember any thing from my past. All I remember was myself running away while the rain's pouring down on me. I always ask myself, 'Why was I running?' 'Why was my parents not there protecting me from the rain?' But all I think was maybe it was the day when I got into a car accident. Everytime I ask my parents why, how and when, they always give me the same answer: I was involved on a car accident. If I ask them how I survived or why, they will only give me a smile that shows pain and sadness. 

"Come on Suzy! Wake up! Its our first day on school!" Min shouted, jumping on my bed. 

"Ohhhkaaaay stop jumping on my bed!" I told her as I open my eyes and feel the heat of the sun from the window. Today's our first day on K-High Academy. A school for Music lovers. 

As soon as I got out of the cab, a massive size of school was infront of me. One word to describe it: WOW. But as I enter the campus, everything just went blurred and I felt like I was going to pass out. Everything in this place looks familiar, everything in this place looks good but at the same time, everything in this place scares me. 

"Are you alright?" Min asked me, looking worried. I nodded and smiled at her. 

ROOM C-184 is our room's number. The room is too big for 20 students in class, the ceilings and walls are painted in Red. Doesn't look like a school to be honest. There's a long locker for us outside the room and beside it was a big frame hanging on the wall. I went closer to the frame and looked at it. It was a family picture frame: a girl that looks like 1 year old at the time, beside her was a guy that looks around 2 years old. And at the back of the two kids were four adults that looks couples. 2 girls and 2 boys. 

They look like a happy family and I envy them. 

"Hey! Come on!" Min pulled me to sit infront of her. 

"Why dont you just sit here beside me?" I asked pointing at the available chair on my side.

"Look Suzy, we've been together for almost a hundred years now, we live in one house, we study in one school and we even share one classroom. So I think we should separate a litte aright?" she explained, winking at me. But as i looked at her right side, I KNEW IT. She sat there because of that goodlooking guy beside her.

"L's going to be our classmate for a year! Im so excited!" Girl 1 squealed

"what!? nooo im afraid of that guy to be very honest." Girl 2 said in disbelief

"But he dont hit girls!" Girl 3 defended this L guy

"Yep he just dont talk to girls." Girl 1 continued.

 

L. Sounds very familiar. 

Of course it does sounds familiar! Death Note is my favorite movie.

 

"Looks like we're gonna have a flower-boy-looking-oh-so-good classmate huh?" Min turned to look at me. I just stayed silent. I have no plan of getting involved with those kind of things. 

By the way, hi! I'm Suzy Bae and I belong to bae family, obviously. Im that kind of girl that doesnt talk a lot but I smile a lot and that makes everybody thinks im such a friendly and a good girl on town. The reason why I dont socialize that much? Because Im afraid of people. Im afraid of people hurting me. Im afraid of people telling me things I wouldnt like. I may look like a brave girl but I have a weak heart.

Min is my bestfriend. I've been living with her since my parents went out of town for some business 'they said'. My parents; they go out of town a few times but they never let me go with them unlike from my older sister, she's been going out of town a lot with them. 

Since my parents are out of town and they asked me to live with Min while they're not around, I decided to transfer school that's near Min's place. Min has been studying here in K-High for 6 years already while I am a newbie, a transferee. 

Recess time when I thought of roaming around the campus. 

"Miss! Watch out for the ball!!!" someone shouted but it took me years to realize what he meant so the ball hit my face. 

"Yah! L! Go talk to her first, tell her im sorry!" the guy ran. 

 

"Are you alright?" a guy asked. 

"Im fine..." I nodded touching my forehead and my nose. 

"That's.. blood, are you really alright?" he asked once again. I nodded. 

"How can someone with blood on her nose be alright? Tss" he whispered almost to himself. 

 

But I wasnt able to reply. 

Everything went black.