Bilingual

2NE1 x SHINee - Short stories/Oneshots

비디오 ☼ | 君は僕のeverything - SHINee ♪ | 내가 제일 잘나가 - 2NE1 ♪

(a/n: I`m dropping the honorifics for the narrative just so it wouldn`t be too repetitive. They`ll be kept in the dialogues.)


"Dara unnie and Bom unnie just love this song huh?" It was pretty amusing watching the two unnies dancing to SHINee`s new release of Replay.

Bom looked back at me and nodded.

"We noonas need some love," Dara said as she watched Minho on the screen.

"This SHINee," Chaerin said while shaking her head. "It was bad enough that they released that song once as their debut song. Now, they just had to release it again and record it in Japanese." She sighed, picking up a random magazine from the table in front of her. "We`ll have to deal with it in two languages, huh Minji?" 

I nodded. "I bet they all love getting called oppa anyway."

"Omo! Minji-yah!" Bom suddenly reacted. "You know that Taemin kid right?"

"Uhm.. sort of?" I answered. "I mean, we worked together for that Thriller collaboration, but that was it. We barely even talked in rehearsals." I scratched my head, sinking in my seat. Psh. So what if I knew him?

Chaerin, who was sitting right next to me, gave me a mischievous look. "You like him?" She nudged my arm with her elbow.

My eyes widened at her sudden idea. "You`re kidding me, right?"

"That boy`s pretty good looking," Dara said.

Chaerin and I immediately looked at her, shocked. "Aigo unnie," Chaerin said. "First Minho-ssi, now him? That`s too much!"

Dara shook her head quite violently. She sighed. "Ok fine. I think he`s good looking, but NOT for me." She continued shaking her head, but mildly this time. "That `s just too much. I don`t want to be some ahjumma e."

I laughed at the thought of 'ahjumma e.' That is quite creepy.

"But he`s fine for our little Minkki~" she added.

What?? If I had a drink at that time, I probably would have spit it out. "Don`t kid with me, unnie. -__-"

"She`s right though," Bom suddenly said. "I mean, you`re both maknae. You`re both dancers. You`re both good singers. You`re both cute. You both have good-looking bandmates.."

"Yah!" I interrupted her and continued to look at her weirdly. I looked at Chaerin to see how she was reacting. Surprisingly, and sadly, she seemed to be agreeing with what Bom had to say. "Even you, unnie?" I dropped my head in defeat.

"Aigo, Minji." Chaerin reached for my shoulder. "We`re just kidding around. Why are you suddenly taking this so seriously?" She chuckled. I probably looked really childish at that time.

Why AM I taking this seriously?

 

With Lonely just a few weeks again, we`re out again with a new single.

Naega jeil jal naga~

I gotta admit, I love performing this on stage. It`s just loads of fun! Sure, the song`s a little too conceited, but I really enjoy the concept. And my grey-purple hair. I really like it. ;3;

Whoever looks at me can see I’m kind of fabulous alright~
Even if you were me, you’d be envious of this body alright~

I sang my lungs out and danced my off stage. And I`m pretty sure my unnies did too. Today`s comeback was great~

 

After the show, I decided to roam around the building hoping to find a few people. Because of our schedules, we really haven`t had any chance to see each other. There were quite a lot of people. A bunch of new groups have been debuting and promoting, and I`m kind of disappointed that I haven`t gotten acquainted with any of them yet. :/

Without much effort, I found my friends. Well, technically, they found me. Meh, I guess we found each other.

"Minji!" I saw a blonde-haired girl approach me.

"Amber unnie!" I excitedly walked up to her, only to find that Luna was with her too. "I was actually looking for you two~"

"Oh, is that so?" Luna kiddingly asked me. She eventually gave me a hug which I happily gave back. 

I nodded even though the answer was pretty obvious. "I haven`t seen you two in a while," I said. "Oh, and good job on your comeback! f(x) has been winning a lot lately."

"Kamsahamnida~" Luna nicely took the compliment.

I heard Amber scoff at me. "Are you serious?" She looked pretty surprised. "2NE1 got an all-kill within hours!"

I embarrassingly scractched the back of my head. I really have no idea how to respond to these types of comments. I was about to say something random, when I felt Luna touching my hair. "It`s so beautiful.."

It didn`t take long until Amber did the same. "It is.."

"How did you even get it to this color?" Luna continued touching it.

I chuckled at their sudden childish-ness. "I don`t know. Ask the stylists."

They both finally let go of my hair, but only to call on some more comrades. "Key oppa! Minho oppa!" Luna randomly shouted.

The two guys emerged from behind me. They both friendlily waved, which I did in return. "Annyeong haseyo~"

"Look at her hair! It`s so awesome!" Amber pointed and started touching my hair again. 

I now had four hands caressing my hair. I don`t know if I should be happy about this..

"I just might steal this for our next concept.." Key said as if he was hypnotized.

"Yah!" Minho scolded him. "Kibum, have some respect!" The two had a mini-fight, which seemed to be normal since all the SM people around me were just laughing at the exchange.

"But seriously though," Key said. "Minji-yah, your hair is quite y."

I smiled, taking the compliment from SHINee`s diva. Just then, I saw him imitating our dance for our song`s chorus. They weren`t kidding. He was good at girl group dances. o___o

Before I knew it, Luna, Amber, and Minho were all dancing now too. Even I started dancing. I was actually having fun. I don`t get much time spent with other idols, so I really wanted to make the most out of this one.

"No, it`s like this!" I demonstrated a couple of steps everytime they would all argue about how it`s supposed to look like. I was just in the middle of dancing the floor part for my first solo, when another being approached our childish group.

"Ah! Taeminnie!" Key called out while he was lying on the floor. "Come join us!"

It was quite a sight. All five of us were either lying down or sitting on the floor. Sort of embarrassing too. I mean, Taemin just walks in while I`m all doing my thing on the floor. The labelmates all nicely greeted him, while I did a slight bow in my sitting position.

"Oh, annyeong Minji-yah," he greeted.

"Annyeong, Taemin-ssi." I smiled at him. Wow.. his red hair is pretty..

Taemin tilted his head as if I did something wrong. "We`re in good terms now. How come you`re still speaking formal language?" 

..We`re in good terms?

"Ah, mianhe." I slightly bowed again. "Taemin.. oppa?" I guess I did call all of the people for the Thriller collab. oppa.

I heard Key groan from behind. "Aigo. Quit the awkwardness and just join us, Minnie!" He tapped the empty floor beside him.

I ended up teaching all of my dance parts from our latest song. No matter how embarrassing that may sound, I actually enjoyed it. I got reunited with some friends, and I met new ones too. It`s a win-win situation~

 

"I like your hair," Taemin, who caught up with me after the whole tutorial, complimented.

I smiled at him. "And so does everyone else," I said, causing both of us to laugh. "You hair`s really nice too, actually. I like how it`s red and flat." What the heck was I saying..?

Taemin touched his hair and grinned. "Yeah, I kinda like it too," he said. "Oh, and good job on your comeback. 2NE1 came out fierce, yet again!" He started dancing some of the steps from the chorus again. I gotta admit, it was kinda cute. "It`s kind of interesting how our concepts contrast so much."

"Komawo," I replied. "That`s true. Our song is way too conceited," I said with a laugh. I took a deep breath. Was I going to compliment his Japan debut too? "..Your music video was really nice," I said. I mentally slapped myself.

I saw another smile creeping up on Taemin`s face. "We worked really hard on that. I`m glad you liked it."

I chuckled. He seemed so innocent still. "My two unnies love your song," I admitted. "No matter language it`s in." I laughed as I explained.

"Well, it is dedicated to noonas everywhere~" he said. "Wait, you don`t like it?" He tilted his head and looked at me.

I felt my eyebrow twitch after hearing his question. "Well, I`m not a noona."

"..But the Japanese version doesn`t necessarily talk about a noona," he explained.

I shook my head. "Yasashisugi takaraka osanai kara ka~ (Maybe because I’m too tender or too young~)" I sang the line from their song. "That part says it all."

Instead of arguing with me, Taemin looked surprised. In a pleasant way. "Oh, you speak Japanese??"

I nodded my head. "Uhm.. yeah." I rubbed the back of my head.

"You should teach me!" Taemin exclaimed, which surprised me a lot. "I`m still far from being fluent."

I smiled at his sudden enthusiasm. "Don`t you have teachers for that?"

He nodded. "But it`s a lot better when learning from or with a friend, you know?"

I paused for a while. Friend? This was the first time we`ve talked decently, and yet I felt.. attached. "But we have schedules too." Don`t get me wrong. I actually liked the idea. But we`re looking at the reality side, this was all I could think about.

To my surprise, he took out his phone. "We could talk through cellphone," he said. He handed me his phone. "Just go ahead and put in your number."

I tilted my head, but I took it anyway. I punched in my number and returned it to him.

 

"Yeoboseyo?" I hesitantly took the call.

"Ah, Minji-yah!" That voice..

"Oh, Taemin oppa," I answered back, quite surprised that he actually called. It was a good time too. We were taking a break from rehearsals. "What`s up?"

"You said you`d teach me.."

I chuckled. He was so adorable. "You called at the right time then~"

 

It didn`t take long until Taemin`s calls became a regular thing. We haven`t seen each other in person since the last Inkigayo incident, but it was alright I guess. My unnies would constantly tease me about the calls. I mean, there`s nothing wrong about having conversations with him, right? As far as I know, the SHINee oppas tease Taemin about it too. I don`t get it..

 

"So it`s ichi.. ni.. yon.. san.."

"No, no, no!" I immediately interrupted. "It`s ichi.. ni.. san.. yon. (one.. two.. three.. four..)"

"Ahh.." Taemin paused for a while. I think he was thinking. Suddenly, I heard a loud crashing noise from the other line.

"Oppa, daijoubu ka?? (Are you ok??)" I screamed to the phone.

"Eh, daijoubu desu. (Yeah, I`m fine.)" Taemin laughed. "Key hyung da yo. (It was Key hyung.) He dropped a couple of cooking pans."

"YAH! TAEMINNIE! DON`T BE TELLING YOUR GIRLFRIEND ABOUT MY FAILURES." I heard the SHINee umma in the background. Wait.. girlfriend?

Taemin continued laughing at his hyung. "Don`t worry about that," he told me. "Umma`s just tired."

"Ah.. sou desu ka? (is that so?)"

 

A month has passed and we were just starting our promotions for our mini album. From what I heard, SHINee`s back in Korea, but I don`t think they`re promoting anything.

Why do I sound unsure? Well, we haven`t talked in two weeks, actually. In our last conversation, Taemin told we they were stepping into some hectic schedule for the next weeks. 

I walked around the SBS studio to kill time, only to find myself getting attacked with a sudden back hug. I was ready to kill whoever that person was until..

"Minji-chaaan~"

My heart stopped. I felt really nervous for some reason. I turned around.

"Ah! Taemin oppa," I greeted nervously. "I see you`re back form Japan."

"Hai. (Yes.)" He nodded.

Well, his Japanese got good, I guess. "It`s good to see you in person after all those stalker calls," I said jokingly.

Taemin frowned at me, but it didn`t last long. The both of us continued walking through the hallway, without a specific venue in mind. "We`re done with Japan promotions," he said. "But can you continue teaching me, sensei? (teacher?)"

I was a bit shocked, but I felt like it was a good way to continue the friendship. "Oh ok~"

"How do you say flower?" he asked all of a sudden.

"Hana," I said. "Just like how you say 'one' in Korean."

"How about blue?"

"Aoi."

"How about music?"

"Ongaku."

"What about pencil?"

"Enpitsu." Wow.. he`s random.

"Water?"

"Mizu."

"Night?"

"Yoru."

"How about 'How much is this?'"

"Ikura desu ka?"

"'What`s your name?'" ..He`s learned all of these before.

"Onamae wa nandesu ka?"

"'I like you.'"

"Daisuki desu."

"'I really like you.'"

"Totemo daisuki desu."

"'Really.'"

"Hontou ni."

"Well, I`m glad you feel the same."

I was about to translate that too, when I realized he stopped asking. "..W-What?"

"Minji," Taemin said. "Daisu- No. Totemo daisuki desu."

I stopped walking and froze on the spot. Was I hearing him right?

Taemin stopped and walked back to me with a smile on his face. He waved his hands in front of me. "Hello~ Earth to Minji~"

I shook my head and snapped out of my trance. "D-Did you just-"

"Dai-su-ki," he repeated, clearing up every syllable. "Minji, I like you. I really do."

"But- H-H-How?" I really had no control of my words anymore. I was thoroughly shocked.

He chuckled at me. "I actually always have," he said. "Ever since that Thriller collaboration. I had to wait a lot of months just to pull that phone move on you."

My brain just died. My thoughts are out. The only thing working now was my heart. It continued beating until I found myself throwing my arms around the SHINee maknae. "And I`m glad you waited."


--> Teeheeeeee~

Ok. First of all, I hope you all pretended like they both kept those y hairstyles for a long time. Especially Minji omg. I can`t believe they changed it. >___> If I could marry her grey/purple hair. I would. Ok. Maybe not. But still. OTL

Oh, and I hope you watched the video I linked in the beginning~ It`s so cute. ;3;

Lolol. Anyway, sorry for the laaaaate update. :| Like I said, this wasn`t really on my priority list. But then, I felt my creative juices flowing. So yeah. XD The poster is nice, isn`t it? :33

I know a lot of people adore this couple. <3 I do too. But I gotta admit, I have a love-hate relationship with it. XD Sometimes, I just freaking love it. Sometimes, I`m unsure. o___o

I`m sorry if the ending wasn`t too good. >__< I didn`t know how to end it nicely. ;___; Lol. So far, my oneshots here end with them in some hallway. XD

Wow. I found a place to use my Japanese skills~ So pro.

KPop Sweatbands <-- Check it out yo~ :DD Stuff`s discounted. ^__^

Now, comment/subscribe and tell me whick couple you want next~ ;)