Overwhelmed

2NE1 x SHINee - Short stories/Oneshots

Fire - 2NE1 ♪Juliette - SHINee ♪


The moment he saw her on stage, all he could think of was.. how hurt his pride was.

No matter how many girl idols debut, he always thought of them the same. He saw them all as inferior beings to him, except for her.

I go by the name of CL of 2NE1. It`s been a long time coming but we`re here now.

Just a few seconds into their debut song, and instantly, he felt something. There`s been a lot of female rappers before, but dang, this one seemed special. The way she said those words..  it was so.. in-your-face.

And we`re about to set the roof on fire, baby~

 

--

 

“Eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-ehh~ 2NE1!” Key danced and sang to the rookie group`s song while the music video was being played on TV. They`ve gone pretty viral recently. That`s been expected though. They`re the much awaited debut since Big Bang.

Annoyed, I immediately stood up from my seat. “Yah!” I shouted at him. Ugh. Key and his girl group dances.

Completely startled, Key did stop. “What`s wrong with you??”

I scoffed and went back to my seat with a sarcastic, scrunched up look on my face. “Nothing. Tsk.”

Minho smirked at me. “There sure is something, hyung,” he said with his arms crossed. “It`s pretty obvious. We can all tell.” He gestured to the rest of the members.

“He feels threatened,” Key said.

“Threatened?” Taemin asked innocently. “Why?”

Onew nodded. “He feels threatened,” he explained. “That they might steal the spotlight during our promotions.”

“Especially now that he wrote our title song,” Key continued.

I just glared at all of them. Those four can get really annoying sometimes. Tsk. Sure, I am worried about that. I mean seriously. I had literally months of sleepless nights just to complete that song. All I wish for is some success. Sigh. But I gotta admit, there`s other reasons why I can`t seem to stand that new group.

 

There she was again. CL.

I usually don`t get names right until I meet the actual people personally, but hey. She starts the song by introducing herself. -_-

You better get yours, `cause I`m getting mine.

Ugh. There`s just something about the way she raps and sings. I can`t seem to pinpoint what exactly it is that makes me so.. hooked, yet irritated at the same time. Out of all the girl groups that debuted after SHINee, 2NE1 stood out the most, to be completely honest. And within that group, she stood out the most. Like a sore thumb.

I just sat down on my swivel chair while they were playing 2NE1`s debut performance on our dressing room TV. And yes, I was watching.

“These girls are feisty,” Key said. “I should go meet them later.” He nodded his head with determination.

Feisty, indeed. They owned that stage. They owned that crowd. Are they even human? o-o Even I didn`t have that much confidence during our debut. I already set myself to thinking that no girl group can ever bring that much to the stage.. and yet they were doing so at the moment. Tsk. Part of Kim Jonghyun`s mentality just got destroyed.

 

All four of us went with Key to go congratulate 2NE1. I might as well meet these tough ladies. Besides, everyone who debuts needs some encouragement after. I`m just being considerate.

We decided to go see them after around thirty minutes after the whole show ended. We had to settle down after our own performance too. Surprisingly, no more people were crowding by their dressing room.

Just when Key was about to knock on their door, it opened. On the other side of the door was that girl with the unusual palm tree hair. This time though, her hair was down.

She looked at us with a really surprised expression. “Omoo! Aren`t you SHINee?” she asked.

Key nodded. “Ne,” he said with a smile. “We just wanted to congratulate you girls.”

All of us from the back nodded, agreeing with his statement.

She went back and called the rest of the girls.

 “Annyeong haseyo,” I heard four different voices greet shyly. I looked at them and they were the same people I saw onstage. But why is it that they seem so different this time around? They kept bowing and waving. They looked gentle.. and cute.

“Annyeong haseyo,” we greeted back.

All of us introduced ourselves, and so did they.

“Hi, I`m Chaerin.” She went last out of all of us. “Or CL. Whichever.” She humbly bowed after her introduction.

“I`m Jonghyun.” ..WAIT, JONGHYUN. YOU ALREADY INTRODUCED YOURSELF, PABO.

I had to mentally hit myself continuously in the head, I tell you.

She, the oh-so tough CL, giggled. She giggled. And with her hair down, oh my gosh. She looked like a girl. And a pretty one at that.

“You already said that, sunbae-nim,” Chaerin said. Hehe. Chaerin. I like that name.

I just laughed, trying to cover my embarrassment. “..I knew that,” I said. “And just call me oppa. You are younger than me right?”

I heard the girls and the guys chuckling, I assume, because of how I was acting. .__.

“I`m 19,” Chaerin said with a shy smile on her face.

I nodded. “You`re a year younger than me.”

“Congratulations on your comeback, by the way,” Dara (yes, I found out her name) said all of a sudden.

“Ah, kamsahamnida!” Onew, our humble leader, bowed. We followed and did the same.

 “I`ve listened to your other songs,” Chaerin said. “They`re all really good.”

The guys said more thank yous once again, but I, on the other hand, furrowed an eyebrow at her. “Only our other songs are good?”

Immediately, the guys laughed again. Wow, thanks for the support. -__-

Minzy, their maknae, started doing some familiar movements. “Juliette oh~

I smiled as she tried to imitate our dance and song. And I gotta say, I give her props.

“It`s that one right?” she said.

“Ne,” Minho answered with a smile.

“Oh, if that`s the case,” that Chaerin spoke up again. “Then yeah, I like that song too.”

“Chaerin noona,” Taemin said. “You just made hyung happy.”

“Bwoh?” she looked at him, then me, in confusion.

“He wrote that song.”

I smiled with pride. Of course. I wrote it, that`s why it`s good. ^__^

“Ahh~” all the girls reacted.

Key suddenly stepped up. “And knowing that you specifically like the song,” he said while looking at the girls` leader. “Makes him even more happy.”

Chaerin tilted her head and pointed at herself. “Me?”

“Key, what are you talking about..?” I asked him.

“Chaerin ah,” Onew said. “Our Jonghyun obviously likes you.”

I heard the other members of both our groups cheering. She and I, on the other hand, were both caught off guard. She looked at me with disbelief. I just shrugged, acting like I had no idea what he was talking about.

How`d Onew know anyway?? >__>

Wait.

What am I saying??

I don`t like her.. do I?

 

--

 

Can`t nobody, can`t nobody hold us down~ I subconsciously found myself humming to that song.

Suddenly, someone tapped my back. “Aigo, Jonghyun hyung.” It was Key. “Isn`t it sad that they`re having their comeback the same day as our goodbye stage?”

I sighed. He was right. It`s sad enough that we have to wrap up our Lucifer promotions in Inkigayo today. But it`s much worse knowing that 2NE1`s having their comeback. I was looking forward to having our promotions at the same time again. Tsk.

“Shut up, Kibum,” I kiddingly replied.

“I bet you missed her,” he said teasingly.

“I told you, shut up.”

 

Inkigayo recordings were about to start soon, but I was wandering around the SBS building for no particular reason.

Go away, eh eh eh eh~ Was I humming again? Aish. It`s so hard to keep my mind away from these types of things.

I was about to turn to another hallway, when I heard a familiar tune. I stopped and listened closely.

Yokhae
 Noh chyeobeorin nal yokhae

I.. wrote that song.

I turned around, following the source of the soft singing. I took a turn, and the sound got louder and louder.

I took another turn and.. there she was.

I stopped walking, and so did she. So much has changed since I last saw her. Her hair was blonde, her skin became fairer, and her figure got better. She matured.

“Were you.. the one singing that?” I shyly asked.

She glanced at her feet first, before looking back at me. “Ne.” I think I saw her.. blushing.

“I knew you liked my songs,” I said, trying my best not to sound too arrogant.

“Well, I heard you humming to our songs,” she answered back. “So I guess we`re even.” She smiled at me. That smile. I love that smile.

I smiled back at her. “Chaerin-ah, it`s been a while huh?”

She nodded. “Ne, oppa.”

“Good luck on your comeback,” I told her. “Your songs are great. You`ll do awesome.”

Chaerin bowed. “Kamsahamnida,” she said. “And congratulations on your promotions. It`s just sad how you`re goodbye stage is today.” She pouted, for the first time in front of me. “I was hoping to see more of you guys live.”

I awkwardly scratched the back of my head. “Same here, but with you girls.”

SHINee, ten minutes!

Tsk. Moment = ruined.

“I have to go,” I said after hearing the announcement.

“Good luck,” Chaerin said with her thumbs up.

I chuckled and gave her a smile. “Good luck to you too.. again.”

Chaerin suddenly spread her arms out. “Hug before you go?” she asked, which completely surprised me.

Nonetheless, I agreed.

“Hwaiting!” she uttered in my ear.

Heh, I guess she likes me back.


--> Yay! First one up. What better way to start than with my top KPop biases~ :DD I know there aren`t much who ship this, but I do. Lol. Probably mostly because they`re my ultimate biases, but w/e.

And I gotta say, this was.. all over the place. -___- I didn`t have a proper plot in my head. OTL I did realize though that SHINee`s goodbye stage was the same day as 2NE1`s comeback. Now I remember that day. -__- I was so sad and happy at the same time. Tsk. Gotta share my love for my groups. <3

Anyway, don`t you just like the banner? IT`S SO CUTE OMG. If you don`t like it, I`mma eat you. Loljk.

Uhm yeah. I hope you liked the story. XD There`s more to come~ ..Well actually, I don`t have anything written yet. .___. So go ahead and tell me which couple you want to see here. :D I pretty much approve of almost all the couples you can come up with with these two groups. o-o

Comment/subscribe!